TrailerTrash

TrailerTrash

Just Passing Through
Oct 10, 2019
I didn't know that. Why?
I will not argue the point because I have no data, but my ReBreather sent O2 down so quickly I'm not sure I would implement any pharmaceuticals .... to each their own though. No matter what, wishing everyone the best on whatever they choose.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Wrennie, enjolras and Soul
T

Thatdude

Life is temporary, death is permanent
Sep 26, 2019
From previous post .i assume he's saying they can reduce convulsions?
If that is the case, I wonder what is the best one to take that an average person can get without a doctor. And I wonder how much

A

aresni200

Feb 4, 2020
Any idea on what happens if we fail with the debreather? Say we pass out then it falls off the face, or a small amount of oxygen gets through. Will we be brain dead? What is the possibility of waking in pain?

TrailerTrash

TrailerTrash

Just Passing Through
Oct 10, 2019
Any idea on what happens if we fail with the debreather? Say we pass out then it falls off the face, or a small amount of oxygen gets through. Will we be brain dead? What is the possibility of waking in pain?
Hard to tell ..... one of the reasons I'm being particular about the mask setup. My final ReBreather version also has a few safety enhancements .... will be posting it in a week or so.

Reactions: enjolras
Notabadguy

Notabadguy

Mage
Feb 7, 2020
Concerning. Duct tape? PN says (Exit Int Forum) that it could cause imbalance in the fitting, and Richard Avocet only that is not needed. They incorporated a CPAC mask to avoid fitting problems. But it's indeed concerning.

100 units (first batch) have been sold, nobody heard of any report? Maybe Exit Int forum?

Last edited:
Reactions: aresni200
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
They incorporated a CPAC mask to avoid fitting problems. But it's indeed concerning.

It's my understanding from reading this thread that a CPAP mask is being considered for future design changes and is not part of the current design. Is that correct?

Notabadguy

Notabadguy

Mage
Feb 7, 2020
It's my understanding from reading this thread that a CPAP mask is being considered for future design changes and is not part of the current design. Is that correct?
I reread the PPH March 2020 (R2D Developmemt). It says that the air cuff to seal the mask was adapted from CPAC masks, I don't know if it's a CPAC mask, but I now recall something about what you said, I think that was info from EI forum.

enjolras

enjolras

Dead are useless if not to love the living more
Feb 13, 2020
The PPeH was updated in April with this info

Notabadguy

Notabadguy

Mage
Feb 7, 2020
Now I remember, we had talked about that. Why didn't they incorporate that technology in the first place?

TrailerTrash

TrailerTrash

Just Passing Through
Oct 10, 2019
Now I remember, we had talked about that. Why didn't they incorporate that technology in the first place?
Hard to say. Always easy to look back at what could/should have been when developing a brand new product. Since it's made of foreign materials there was likely no desire to save a buck at the expense of purchasers, but instead they were just trying to make the product using what could be sourced at the time. Although I posted a crude version of my own - to show how easy it is to make one - you'll see my final version in about a week that represents what I would sell if I were doing the project. My final version resolves several concerns I have with their design: 1) mask, which they are working out; 2) filtering - Soda Lime dust down to 1 micron particle sizes has been proven to pass into breathing tubes of ReBreathers used for diving, which is why I'm using bacterial/viral filters on mine to ensure no contaminants can pass; 3) the breathing bag is exposed and could be pressed/pushed upon to varying degrees if their device is somehow positioned poorly during use, which can constrict air flow. My final version fully guards dual, smaller, breathing bags inside that cannot be damaged or pressed upon; 4) material used in making their breathing bag - mine are non-latex, medical grade to ensure no allergic reactions occur causing respiratory distress issues; 5) they are using three breathing tubes, which is not only unnecessary but also holds too much tidal volume (each breath) versus having breaths reside more fully around the Soda Lime granules in a maximum time/volume fashion - mine has two breathing tubes that are adjustable for comfort/position while minimizing air volume; 6) redundancy .... my version also has two canisters, but the size of each breathing bag and soda lime canister provides 100 % redundancy for up to 0.5L of tidal volume if one canister fails. I am going to post pictures of all internal components, the assembled device, and test results within +/- 1week. All components can be purchased on eBay and/or other online sources.

• Love
Reactions: Wrennie and pthnrdnojvsc
Notabadguy

Notabadguy

Mage
Feb 7, 2020
I don't understand your concern about your second point. If it's OK for diving, why it is not for us? We are only using it once, and if you have second thoughts before passing out, is that little pollution really a problem? Just trying to understand.

Last edited:
TrailerTrash

TrailerTrash

Just Passing Through
Oct 10, 2019
I don't understand your concern about your second point. If it's OK for diving, why it is not for us? We are only using it once, and if you have second thoughts before passing out, is that little pollution really a problem? Just trying to understand.
I didn't say ReBreathers are necessarily good enough for diving - in fact the opposite was proven in a published study. Divers have experienced ReBreather system problems depending on the equipment they use, which has contributed to the long term health effects of diving, especially divers' lung function. A study was conducted to evaluate possible additional hazards for respiratory function of divers using ReBreathers. They analyzed soda-lime dust found in the air-intake loop of ReBreathers (the tubes you're going to be breathing air in from when attempting to CTB using a ReBreather), which had passed through the filter screen of the ReBreather soda-lime cartridge. The amount of dust and geometrical characteristics were evaluated by scanning electron microscopy. There was a relevant amount of residual soda-lime dust found in the air-intake loop. The dust particles showed diameters down to 1 micron and proved there is a relevant exposure to soda-lime dust in divers using closed-circuit ReBreathers, which contributes to chronic airway inflammation and subsequent development of small airway disease in divers. So if you're planning on using a ReBreather to CTB and you're successful you don't care, if SI kicks in or something doesn't work right and their filter is not that great then you've just inhaled varying amounts of Soda Lime and your airways are no longer happy with you .... for life. Does this explanation help?

Reactions: Wrennie and pthnrdnojvsc
Notabadguy

Notabadguy

Mage
Feb 7, 2020
I don't know, but I think that bad consequences on your health require a repetitive exposure to that pollution, along some months at least, or even years, like what happens with divers. Are you really harming your airthubes if you only use it once and SI kicks in? You don't got lung cancer because once you smoked a cigarrette, you have to smoke more. It's just an opinion, I'm not getting picky, it's just I'm planning to use this method. I'm concerned about the fitting, but I don't see the importance of your second point.

Last edited:
TrailerTrash

TrailerTrash

Just Passing Through
Oct 10, 2019
I don't know, but I think that bad consequences on your health require a repetitive exposure to that pollution, along some months at least, or even years, like what happens with divers.
Here's the problem with that perspective .... in my humble opinion. If their ReBreather filter is just simple filter media/mesh, then using the device may very well, with one use, expose the user to what divers inhale over many dives/years. This is especially true if they are using cheap, non-medical-grade/quality Soda Lime that always has much more dust. Keep in mind, no one knows anything about their device, and yet purchasers are willing to blindly purchase it and start breathing away ........ I'm not trying to insult purchasers, but if one is going to end their life then some degree of research at least equal to buying a darn car or TV should be done to be fully educated on the risks, pros, and cons.

Notabadguy

Notabadguy

Mage
Feb 7, 2020
I don't know but they say that their device can be used as a Rebreather, if you buy the proper cartidge. Theoretically it is a Rebraether, to be used more than once. But I don't want to sound like a salesman.

TrailerTrash

TrailerTrash

Just Passing Through
Oct 10, 2019
I don't know but they say that their device can be used as a Rebreather, if you buy the proper cartidge. Theoretically it is a Rebraether, to be used more than once. But I don't want to sound like a salesman.
OK - I have no response to that ..... all personal choice(s) my friend ..... I just don't want to be worse-off after an attempt.

Notabadguy

Notabadguy

Mage
Feb 7, 2020
Yes, you're right, me neither, you've far more tech knowledgment than me, I have none.

T

Thatdude

Life is temporary, death is permanent
Sep 26, 2019
1) mask, which they are working out;
2) filtering - Soda Lime dust down to 1 micron particle sizes has been proven to pass into breathing tubes of ReBreathers used for diving, which is why I'm using bacterial/viral filters on mine to ensure no contaminants can pass;
3) the breathing bag is exposed and could be pressed/pushed upon to varying degrees if their device is somehow positioned poorly during use, which can constrict air flow. My final version fully guards dual, smaller, breathing bags inside that cannot be damaged or pressed upon;
4) material used in making their breathing bag - mine are non-latex, medical grade to ensure no allergic reactions occur causing respiratory distress issues;
5) they are using three breathing tubes, which is not only unnecessary but also holds too much tidal volume (each breath) versus having breaths reside more fully around the Soda Lime granules in a maximum time/volume fashion - mine has two breathing tubes that are adjustable for comfort/position while minimizing air volume;
6) redundancy .... my version also has two canisters, but the size of each breathing bag and soda lime canister provides 100 % redundancy for up to 0.5L of tidal volume if one canister fails. I am going to post pictures of all internal components, the assembled device, and test results within +/- 1week. All components can be purchased on eBay and/or other online sources.

Can you point us to the right direction to buy this stuff? Like the filter might be a bitch to get due to what is going on. But things like the breathing bag and canisters. I have no idea where to get that.

TrailerTrash

TrailerTrash

Just Passing Through
Oct 10, 2019
Can you point us to the right direction to buy this stuff? Like the filter might be a bitch to get due to what is going on. But things like the breathing bag and canisters. I have no idea where to get that.
I'm going to post everything sometime in the next 7-10 days including pictures. Everything is much easier to get than you might currently imagine.

Reactions: mediocre, Thatdude, pthnrdnojvsc and 1 other person
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
I am probably going to try using it soon. Still haven't opened it because of the canisters. One of the things I am worried about is if I am successful the police will investigate what the device is where I got it and go through my entire internet history. In other words my privacy will be invaded.

• Aww..
L

Living sucks

Forced out of life before I wanted to leave
Mar 27, 2020
I am probably going to try using it soon. Still haven't opened it because of the canisters. One of the things I am worried about is if I am successful the police will investigate what the device is where I got it and go through my entire internet history. In other words my privacy will be invaded.
Well you delete all you can before hand and well.... you'll be gone .

Reactions: mediocre
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020

Make it easy for them. Leave next to your body a printout of the webpage for the product, and a copy of the PayPal receipt or email purchase confirmation and invoice. That's my suggestion.

• Hugs
Reactions: mediocre
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
Make it easy for them. Leave next to your body a printout of the webpage for the product, and a copy of the PayPal receipt or email purchase confirmation and invoice. That's my suggestion.
I could do that but I guess I don't want to do anything to get the site shut down for others that want to buy it..

Reactions: Notabadguy
J

JustAnotherNumber

May 14, 2020
Has anyone gotten a response from the website? I just emailed them asking about costs and legalities in Canada.

Wondering if they actually get back to people or not.

GerMann

GerMann

year of birth: 1972
Nov 30, 2018
@ TrailerTrash
Please post your Version in "step by step" Method, if you make it too public the "Atemkalk" get also restricted, only offline available for divers/aquarium users. I have also a personal construction, I use 3d printing Method for the individual fitting mask.
My problem is, I don't have experiense in flex-printing plastic/ direct drive printers.

Last edited:
Reactions: TrailerTrash
Notabadguy

Notabadguy

Mage
Feb 7, 2020
Has anyone gotten a response from the website? I just emailed them asking about costs and legalities in Canada.

Wondering if they actually get back to people or not.
Customs might be a buroacratic problem. My Rebreather is stuck at customs (Spain). They want from me: 1/ National Ideintification validated by the tax agency (this can delay things if your national identification is still not validated by them because you renewed it), 2/ Invoice with some data from buyer and seller (I'm afraid they will be rejecting mine), 3/ Charge in your bank account (this is not a problem), 4/ Some declaration (I don't know if this is a problem, they ask if you're buying a sanitary product).

If at customs they open my unit, they'll runi it, I don't know how to substitue the soda lime granules.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
  • Wow
Reactions: Busdriver, TrailerTrash, enjolras and 1 other person
Notabadguy

Notabadguy

Mage
Feb 7, 2020
At the Respiro site it's said that the Rebreather will be sold again in JUNE.

L

Living sucks

Forced out of life before I wanted to leave
Mar 27, 2020
Customs might be a buroacratic problem. My Rebreather is stuck at customs (Spain). They want from me: 1/ National Ideintification validated by the tax agency (this can delay things if your national identification is still not validated by them because you renewed it), 2/ Invoice with some data from buyer and seller (I'm afraid they will be rejecting mine), 3/ Charge in your bank account (this is not a problem), 4/ Some declaration (I don't know if this is a problem, they ask if you're buying a sanitary product).

If at customs they open my unit, they'll runi it, I don't know how to substitue the soda lime granules.
This should be pretty easy bcuz it's marketed as a Rebreather which is a life saving device used for breathing, that you are purchasing this device bcuz of the virus and would allow you breath in a crisis situation.
Why would they have a problem with that?