T

Thatdude

Life is temporary, death is permanent
Sep 26, 2019
So the DeBreather is latest thing out of Exit

This is the first I'm hearing of it. How does it work? Like with a little research it seems like whatever gas you want comes in, and CO2 goes out of a pipe. I don't understand how that works. Like how can you have just the CO2 go down to the other pipe, and does it use some type of vacuum system to pull it?
If I figure out how this works, then maybe this will be my exact way.

Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
This is the first I'm hearing of it. How does it work? Like with a little research it seems like whatever gas you want comes in, and CO2 goes out of a pipe. I don't understand how that works. Like how can you have just the CO2 go down to the other pipe, and does it use some type of vacuum system to pull it?

If you search the terms debreather and/or rebreather you'll find a lot of information about it. You could also go to the r2d webpage. Happy researching!

L

Living sucks

Forced out of life before I wanted to leave
Mar 27, 2020

Check out the website (in the spoiler) and video at bottom on the webpage. All the answers are in this thread you replied on. It's quite a few pages but you should read thru it.

EDIT: And the search function is down right now otherwise I'd attach another link for reference of another member who built one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Soul
T

Thatdude

Sep 26, 2019
Check out the website (in the spoiler) and video at bottom on the webpage. All the answers are in this thread you replied on. It's quite a few pages but you should read thru it.

If you search the terms debreather and/or rebreather you'll find a lot of information about it. You could also go to the r2d webpage. Happy researching!

Thanks I just found it as you mentioned it. So with this you don't need a tank? Like you don't need a nitrogen tank?
I wonder if anyone got their kit and I wonder if it worked. The biggest thing I would worry about this is if doesn't 100% work. You might at best get massive brain damage. Like I understand how the old system worked where it was using a high pressure to push any CO2 out, and the high pressure is a high level of whatever gas you pick. But this new system is something I need to figure out if I will take it for a run.
So I just did a bit more research into this and it seems kinda cool. I have to look a little more, but it appears you don't need a tank because it uses soda lime to get rid of the CO2, and all that is everything else. I wonder if that everything else will still keep you from feeling like you're suffocating and I wonder what happens with the CO2. Like if the lime takes in all the CO2 and doesn't turn it into something else. Then I wonder if maybe the lower pressure could cause a problem.

The mask itself I'm thinking a scuba mask might work. Then hook it to several tanks of soda lime, and then back to you. I would think a scuba mask would be the best to use since it is meant to be against your skin for hours (but in water, so IDK).

The system R2D has I love it. Too bad I can't buy one since their site isn't taking any orders.

Last edited:
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
L

Living sucks

Mar 27, 2020
Thanks I just found it as you mentioned it. So with this you don't need a tank? Like you don't need a nitrogen tank?
I wonder if anyone got their kit and I wonder if it worked. The biggest thing I would worry about this is if doesn't 100% work. You might at best get massive brain damage. Like I understand how the old system worked where it was using a high pressure to push any CO2 out, and the high pressure is a high level of whatever gas you pick. But this new system is something I need to figure out if I will take it for a run.
So I just did a bit more research into this and it seems kinda cool. I have to look a little more, but it appears you don't need a tank because it uses soda lime to get rid of the CO2, and all that is everything else. I wonder if that everything else will still keep you from feeling like you're suffocating and I wonder what happens with the CO2. Like if the lime takes in all the CO2 and doesn't turn it into something else. Then I wonder if maybe the lower pressure could cause a problem.

The mask itself I'm thinking a scuba mask might work. Then hook it to several tanks of soda lime, and then back to you. I would think a scuba mask would be the best to use since it is meant to be against your skin for hours (but in water, so IDK).

The system R2D has I love it. Too bad I can't buy one since their site isn't taking any orders.
@Thatdude You should really read thru the thread.
Mask is an issue (3 masks are provide)
One user attempted and had 0 affect (we don't know if it was user error or device error, he has gone silent so may have ctbd another way)
Site is working on a new logistics company that's why it's not available.
There are no gases with this system
No forced air.
People are still currently receiving devices from first 100 sold. (Virus delayed shipping)

This thread has a lot of info. Please go thru the posts

Last edited:
Reactions: BeeLoyal and GoodPersonEffed
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020

Your post perfectly addresses the title of the thread: Too good to be true?

For everyone else, are people only trying to order from the R2D site, or are they also trying to order from the Respiro site and having the same ordering issues?

L

Living sucks

Mar 27, 2020
For everyone else, are people only trying to order from the R2D site, or are they also trying to order from the Respiro site and having the same ordering issues?
Just tried, when you click add to cart it takes to r2d site which states not available currently.

Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
T

Thatdude

Sep 26, 2019
Your post perfectly addresses the title of the thread: Too good to be true?

I think we can't order it because I think it is made or stored in China, and I'm assuming the virus situation is forcing them to fix that.

China making a product that isn't going to be on store shelves, and most likely no one will cry since it is like a crack head crying to the cops about some bad crack. I have to wonder even if everything is sound and will work if made to spec. I have to wonder if China will screw with stuff to save money but in return it makes the system useless.

Notabadguy

Notabadguy

Mage
Feb 7, 2020
I think we can't order it because I think it is made or stored in China, and I'm assuming the virus situation is forcing them to fix that.

China making a product that isn't going to be on store shelves, and most likely no one will cry since it is like a crack head crying to the cops about some bad crack. I have to wonder even if everything is sound and will work if made to spec. I have to wonder if China will screw with stuff to save money but in return it makes the system useless.
It's not the virus situation. Rocket Express handles the orders for Righ2die, but the deliveries were carried by BoxC, which was doing a poor job, so Rocket Express replace BoxC for China Express, and in that process we're stuck.

Reactions: enjolras and BeeLoyal
T

Thatdude

Sep 26, 2019
It's not the virus situation. Rocket Express handles the orders for Righ2die, but the deliveries were carried by BoxC, which was doing a poor job, so Rocket Express replace BoxC for China Express, and in that process we're stuck.
Thanks for clearing that up. Now I'm wondering if it works.

One of the things I love about this method and if this kit is good is you can do it when you normally go to sleep. I might do this in my bed in this case.

Reactions: TrailerTrash and Notabadguy
Notabadguy

Notabadguy

Mage
Feb 7, 2020
Thanks for clearing that up. Now I'm wondering if it works.

One of the things I love about this method and if this kit is good is you can do it when you normally go to sleep. I might do this in my bed in this case.
Same here, it it works it's a peaceful way to go.

Reactions: TrailerTrash
I

IrRegularjoe

Apr 8, 2020
Do you have to be over 50. And where do you order. Id like to study this method a bit.

enjolras

enjolras

Dead are useless if not to love the living more
Feb 13, 2020
Do you have to be over 50. And where do you order. Id like to study this method a bit.

Over 21yo. R2D site. In case, the link is in the PPH

Reactions: IrRegularjoe
L

Living sucks

Mar 27, 2020

Answer below all the information is in the thread if you read a little

EDIT: And the search function is down right now otherwise I'd attach another link for reference of another member who built one.

angie

angie

need to exit
May 25, 2018
Do anybody have any news regarding the new shipments? I don't have any, despite already having paid, and I don't want to conatc Richard yet, because the right2die site still tells to wait.

Anybody else in similiar situation?
Can i ask whose this Richard that people keep referring to is ?
Well, good for you, I don't even have a tracking number.
anyone from uk ordered it yet ?

M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
Can i ask whose this Richard that people keep referring to is ?

anyone from uk ordered it yet ?
I am in Northern Ireland and I ordered 8th April it came a couple weeks later.

Reactions: TrailerTrash
T

Thatdude

Sep 26, 2019
The more I look into this, the more I'm seeing the science backs it up. soda lime does absorb CO2, but it can only take in 19% of the weight of the soda lime. In the medical field, they only use their cans of soda lime for 14 hours of use time.
IDK still at what rate (like how much surface level has to be touching before you get no CO2), how much soda lime is needed for this, if the device sold by R2D is any good, and I still can't find evidence that someone died like this.

It should be noted that when doing a Google search (even with personal results off), this site is one of the first places that comes up. Beyond that most of them is "news" sites calling us right-to-die activists and what they gather from what we are saying on the site. (BTW for anyone wondering why they are calling us an activist. While the definitions is a group that campaigns to bring about political or social change. And this makes what they said largely false since I think 99.99999% of us aren't campaigning, but researching or trying to find a reason to not die.)

it came a couple weeks later

Does the mask work? Like when you but it to your face, and suck in air. If you put your hand over the hole where the tube connects. It should stop all air from coming in. This is one of my biggest worries since I can make or find everything else. But the mask they are selling is kinda hard to come by.

Also, does it comes with the soda lime?

Last edited:
Reactions: Overnoutofhere
Overnoutofhere

Overnoutofhere

Mar 30, 2020
I received my package today. It arrived in a thick protective box, very generic. Inside that box was another box which had the name and the information and what I was buying, I have not opened that second box yet to look at the unit it appears that it's been taped over so I'm hoping that customs didn't breach my unit.

This is a really big decision and I'm not gong to open it until I'm ready.
I wish we had more data from actual users so that I knew that this was really my ticket.

I also think that gathering data from actual users is much more difficult than SN or other methods because you're really focusing on fitting the mask etc.. and then shortly after apparently you lose consciousness.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Soul, Ἡγησίας, My_name_is_Luka and 5 others
L

lion4000b

May 6, 2020
From about late Feb I was checking the website daily as I was desperate to buy the debreather and as such I must have been one of the first to make a purchase when it launched. I didnt expect it to make it through customs let alone arrive so quickly so I was tremendously relieved to come home one day to find it had been delivered. Ive noticed there are some concerns about the effectiveness/reliability of the product which is perfectly normal and natural - I too have those concerns. Ive had some really great interactions with Richard via email who has been incredibly helpful and appears to be very thorough and intelligent. I look forward to discussing using the debreather with you guys and hopefully we can drum out any concerns. I was actually thinking about taking a lethal dose of drugs + the debreather just to be absolutely sure. N + the breather perhaps? What do you guys think of that?

Reactions: Notabadguy and My_name_is_Luka
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
From about late Feb I was checking the website daily as I was desperate to buy the debreather and as such I must have been one of the first to make a purchase when it launched. I didnt expect it to make it through customs let alone arrive so quickly so I was tremendously relieved to come home one day to find it had been delivered. Ive noticed there are some concerns about the effectiveness/reliability of the product which is perfectly normal and natural - I too have those concerns. Ive had some really great interactions with Richard via email who has been incredibly helpful and appears to be very thorough and intelligent. I look forward to discussing using the debreather with you guys and hopefully we can drum out any concerns. I was actually thinking about taking a lethal dose of drugs + the debreather just to be absolutely sure. N + the breather perhaps? What do you guys think of that?

Honestly, sounds like a sales pitch straight from a marketing manual.

Suggesting throwing in N, which is totally unnecessary, also generates more conversation.

My impression is that the thread has gotten too quiet and someone is trying to restimulate interest and motivation for some to go ahead and try it, and others to buy it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Soul and Ἡγησίας
L

lion4000b

May 6, 2020
Honestly, sounds like a sales pitch straight from a marketing manual.

Suggesting throwing in N, which is totally unnecessary, also generates more conversation.

My impression is that the thread has gotten too quiet and someone is trying to restimulate interest and motivation for some to go ahead and try it, and others to buy it.

Thats evidently not the case at all. I learned a lot from reading this forum so I thought id let others know I have also chosen this method and look forward to discussing potential issues/concerns with others that also have chosen this method. Im not trying to sell anyone anything or encourage anyone to do anything, Im simply relaying my experience. Bit surprised actually by such an presumptuous reply to my well intentioned first post.

As I mentioned I was really impressed with my experience buying the debreather but I am also concerned about its effectiveness. Taking N with it is probably unnecessary but I want to be 110% sure for obvious reasons. I figured taking a drug at the same time would guarantee the result I want. A drug that is more accessible like maybe fentalny or the 4 drug mix outlined in the PP book could be other options? I just dont know if that would somehow effect my breathing etc. Hoping to discuss.

Reactions: Notabadguy and BaronVon
enjolras

enjolras

Dead are useless if not to love the living more
Feb 13, 2020
Hum. The 4 drug mix is very not accessible. Fentanyl not so much, depends on where you live ?
All your imaginative production is unnecessary. N, 4 drug, F, coud all REPLACE the ReBreather and kill by themselves with brio (there's no 110% death, 100% is sufficient). They would all affect your breathing concurrently soon enough after a couple minutes.
If you're concerned about the R2D's effectiveness, which you should, you'd have to contribute with your own inspection and careful testing of the unit.

Reactions: Soul and Ἡγησίας
Notabadguy

Notabadguy

Mage
Feb 7, 2020
Thats evidently not the case at all. I learned a lot from reading this forum so I thought id let others know I have also chosen this method and look forward to discussing potential issues/concerns with others that also have chosen this method. Im not trying to sell anyone anything or encourage anyone to do anything, Im simply relaying my experience. Bit surprised actually by such an presumptuous reply to my well intentioned first post.

As I mentioned I was really impressed with my experience buying the debreather but I am also concerned about its effectiveness. Taking N with it is probably unnecessary but I want to be 110% sure for obvious reasons. I figured taking a drug at the same time would guarantee the result I want. A drug that is more accessible like maybe fentalny or the 4 drug mix outlined in the PP book could be other options? I just dont know if that would somehow effect my breathing etc. Hoping to discuss.
If you have N, forget about the Rebreather, N is the best way to go. Regarding the Debreather, I think it's reliable. It's a new or an old method depending of your point of view. Actually, there was an old lady in the USA who sold, via mail, homemade Debreathers, and her device worked.

rasputin

rasputin

chronically ill
Mar 28, 2020
To anyone who has received their package already... would you be willing to do a "test run" with a pulse oximeter? Just to make sure the device does something and your oxygen saturation is going down. Nobody seems to have tested this so far?

I know it seems risky to "test" but you wouldn't need your oxygen to get too low... even a drop from the 90's to the 80's would be enough. I don't want anyone to feel pressured to cbt because of testing (due to the soda lime getting used up). I guess what I'm asking is if someone is willing to test and re-use at a later date with fresh soda lime.

I'm planning on ordering myself but it's taking a while to save $$ because I live beneath the poverty line on disability. For some of us this is a huge purchase, so it would be nice to know the design actually works in some cases. I know it's always a gamble though.

Thanks a ton to everyone who has shared so far.

• Love
Reactions: Wrennie, Soul, enjolras and 1 other person