LMLN

LMLN

Paragon
Aug 10, 2019
To anyone who has received their package already... would you be willing to do a "test run" with a pulse oximeter? Just to make sure the device does something and your oxygen saturation is going down. Nobody seems to have tested this so far?

I know it seems risky to "test" but you wouldn't need your oxygen to get too low... even a drop from the 90's to the 80's would be enough. I don't want anyone to feel pressured to cbt because of testing (due to the soda lime getting used up). I guess what I'm asking is if someone is willing to test and re-use at a later date with fresh soda lime.

I'm planning on ordering myself but it's taking a while to save $$ because I live beneath the poverty line on disability. For some of us this is a huge purchase, so it would be nice to know the design actually works in some cases. I know it's always a gamble though.

Thanks a ton to everyone who has shared so far.
Unfortunately, the device has a limited shelf life once opened. Until someone is ready to use the device, it cannot be opened. Its a three day maximum exposure before the device is no longer good to use.

Overnoutofhere

Overnoutofhere

Mar 30, 2020
I don't think it's possible to do a test, the cartridge is disposable. Once it is breached and you engage in the process you're pretty much committed that's why it's going to be difficult if not impossible to get data from anyone.
I opened my inner box today, in my unit is impressively packaged in a in a bag it looks like a legitimate purchase

Last edited:
Reactions: rasputin and LMLN
enjolras

enjolras

Dead are useless if not to love the living more
Feb 13, 2020
To anyone who has received their package already... would you be willing to do a "test run" with a pulse oximeter? Just to make sure the device does something and your oxygen saturation is going down. Nobody seems to have tested this so far?

I know it seems risky to "test" but you wouldn't need your oxygen to get too low... even a drop from the 90's to the 80's would be enough. I don't want anyone to feel pressured to cbt because of testing (due to the soda lime getting used up). I guess what I'm asking is if someone is willing to test and re-use at a later date with fresh soda lime.

I'm planning on ordering myself but it's taking a while to save $$ because I live beneath the poverty line on disability. For some of us this is a huge purchase, so it would be nice to know the design actually works in some cases. I know it's always a gamble though.

Thanks a ton to everyone who has shared so far.

Stopping at the O2 saturation levels you suggested, it could be safe and sound ? New video found where it drops below <70% within a short time. The blokes appear all fine on the outside (more or less even on the inside). Early smiles, joyful sensations, and clouded absent mind... It really boils down to when the sense to take initiatives, without receiving orders, would end.

Edit

Last edited:
Reactions: GerMann, Soul and rasputin
L

lion4000b

May 6, 2020
Hum. The 4 drug mix is very not accessible. Fentanyl not so much, depends on where you live ?
All your imaginative production is unnecessary. N, 4 drug, F, coud all REPLACE the ReBreather and kill by themselves with brio (there's no 110% death, 100% is sufficient). They would all affect your breathing concurrently soon enough after a couple minutes.
If you're concerned about the R2D's effectiveness, which you should, you'd have to contribute with your own inspection and careful testing of the unit.

Is it ok to mention the country I live here?

I dont have N or any other drugs but now I have the debreather I feel comfortable that I have a quick, peaceful and reliable out when required. I can now try and buy some N to build on my exit strategy or simply replace the debreather if preferred.

In terms of "unnecessary", let me give you guys another perspective: what is the likelihood N works? 97%? 99%? My problems (and ultimately my suicide) is a result of medical negligence/incompetence which according to stats should impact less than a fraction of a percent. I know what its like to be on the wrong side of near perfect odds and if I mess this up and have more physical problems and restraints it would bring me unthinkable misery. Therefore I want to explore taking drugs + the debreather in a hidden location.

Reactions: Soul
Blue Portal

Blue Portal

May 6, 2020
So the DeBreather is latest thing out of Exit, sounds too good too be true.
Yes I have read the other posts on here.
The web site seems sketchy, clicked on the purchase button and it said to come back in February, they are working on things.
BE curios to hear if any one actually purchases one of these things. If the site is legit, better be first in line to purchase before it gets shut down.

PLEASE POST IF YOU ACTUALLY BUY A DeBreather ----- PLEASE POST !!!!
or
Please post if you tried to purchase from the site and share what happened!!!
thanks
It's legit, though you might need a muscle relaxer with it.

rasputin

rasputin

chronically ill
Mar 28, 2020
I don't think it's possible to do a test, the cartridge is disposable. Once it is breached and you engage in the process you're pretty much committed that's why it's going to be difficult if not impossible to get data from anyone.
I opened my inner box today, in my unit is impressively packaged in a in a bag it looks like a legitimate purchase

Oh man, I didn't realize the cartridge was disposable! I don't think the website specified that? Thanks so much for letting me know. That seems fairly greedy of them to not allow users to switch out the soda lime. :( It would be such a quick fix.

enjolras

enjolras

Feb 13, 2020
@lion4000b if everything is planned with a little care, N is 100%. This is the R2D thread, so let's not drift off-topic
At the moment, if you're after this many positive odds, you should rather worry about the device you received, until it has been proven worthy with factual successes without too many adaptations & adjustments over the original object received
About your mantra "quick, peaceful and reliable" ...nobody has verified these 3 criterias yet. We're still at the theory stage until proven otherwise.

Reactions: Ἡγησίας, Soul and Overnoutofhere
L

Living sucks

Forced out of life before I wanted to leave
Mar 27, 2020
Oh man, I didn't realize the cartridge was disposable! I don't think the website specified that? Thanks so much for letting me know. That seems fairly greedy of them to not allow users to switch out the soda lime. :( It would be such a quick fix.
@Overnoutofhere
It has been stated by Richard that the soda Lyme can be replaced and the device used again. So a test is possible but soda Lyme will need to be replaced prior to actual use.

Reactions: rasputin and Overnoutofhere
Overnoutofhere

Overnoutofhere

Mar 30, 2020
Replacing the soda lime cartridge is not an intuitive process. Its my understanding that Richard will be posting videos on the process in the next few months (Summer) however I sure don't want to mess with that. It's all sealed and ready to go!

Reactions: LMLN and enjolras
enjolras

enjolras

Feb 13, 2020
I apologize if this has been answered before (there are 27 pages of comments), but is there any word on when the debreather will be available to purchase? Their website says they're moving to a new distributor, but no word on when this will happen.

It was before, it will be again. Better go to the merchant's site, use the contact form to inquire directly about this, for the latest update (Use a ProtonMail address preferably)

Reactions: Ἡγησίας
I

IrRegularjoe

Apr 8, 2020
So what's up with the airtight seal. Seems like a difficult achievement.

K

knowman

Jan 15, 2020
So what's up with the airtight seal. Seems like a difficult achievement.

I just wanted everyone to know that when one goes to the Respiro website and hits the "add to cart" button, you're led to a window that has a narrative saying that the unit is being re-tooled to some degree, and won't be available until June. This is different than the R2D window. Check it out. Just sayin.

• Aww..
Reactions: TrailerTrash
HelensNepenthe

HelensNepenthe

Thoughtful poster
Jan 17, 2019
We've sold out of our initial inventory and can't assemble more at the moment; We're missing a key component. The respiratory valves used in R2D Disposable ReBreather Cartridge are unique and simply unavailable now (another impact of COVID-19). We are not waiting, however, we're replacing that valve with our own custom design that has already been prototyped and tested. We've placed our order and no we're just waiting for tooling and production. Regrettably, that means we won't be able to restock the warehouse until sometime in June. When we're once again able to process orders for immediate shipment, this popup will disappear.

Want us to inform you when the new units are on their way to the warehouse? Send us your email to [REDACTED]

Thanks for your patience!

Screenshot

• Wow
Reactions: enjolras
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
I just wanted everyone to know that when one goes to the Respiro website and hits the "add to cart" button, you're led to a window that has a narrative saying that the unit is being re-tooled to some degree, and won't be available until June. This is different than the R2D window. Check it out. Just sayin.

Was @HelensNepenthe's comment that followed what you were referring to?

Notabadguy

Notabadguy

Mage
Feb 7, 2020
So, I got my tracking number just in time, two days ago, my unit, at last, is on its way.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: MeriDeath, mediocre, enjolras and 3 others
K

knowman

Jan 15, 2020
Was @HelensNepenthe's comment that followed what you were referring to?

Yes it was/is. Sorry, I'm not very tech savvy. I would have done what HelensNepenthe did had I known. Thanks for helping to clarify.

Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
TrailerTrash

TrailerTrash

Just Passing Through
Oct 10, 2019
Uhhhhh, the only "valves" sometimes used are one-way valves used to ensure the flow of air is directed one way or the other ...... one-way valves are fairly easy to get, of course cheap "China" (no insult intended, but maybe slightly intended) valves may certainly be on a waiting list of sorts ...... while I admit to not knowing the full design of their ReBreather, if the volume of the system is well designed then I'm unsure as to whether one-way valves are particularly necessary. They may have a fancier all-in-one at the junction of the inflatable bag and canister ends that directs flow ... hard to tell. My version dropped O2 very quickly and has no directing valves. May be something I'm missing in their approach. Guessing they're directing airflow through the first double-hose cylinder for exhales then the user's inhales draw from the inflatable bag to/through the single-hose cylinder - or the other way around. This approach would likely increase absorption efficiency and reduce Soda Lime exhaustion in each canister. As the Soda Lime is used the free space (volume) the cylinder can receive in airflow is reduce; however, with sufficient Soda Lime quantity this isn't a problem unless the device is used for an extended time due to false starts, SI, or leaks. Anyway, hey, if theirs works that's all that matters in the end I guess.

Last edited:
L

Living sucks

Forced out of life before I wanted to leave
Mar 27, 2020
@DownToGo never returned after apr 27. I wonder if he ctbd with a different method or tried again with debreather? I've tried reaching out to him via pm a few times but no response. I know he wanted peaceful but he sounded desperate after the failed attempt.

Notabadguy

Notabadguy

Mage
Feb 7, 2020
@DownToGo never returned after apr 27. I wonder if he ctbd with a different method or tried again with debreather? I've tried reaching out to him via pm a few times but no response. I know he wanted peaceful but he sounded desperate after the failed attempt.
I don't know what happened, and I don't want to sound like a salesman, but it sounds strange to me that the device doesn't work, since there was an old lady that sold homemade Debreathers in the USA wich worked. Besides, at least 100 units (first batch) of the Rebreather has been sold, and there is no other report of failure, neither of success, but this is normal since people don't come back to tell.

If the attempt really was a failure, I seem to recall that DownToGo was trying to purchase N too, but I'm not sure of this.

Blue Portal

Blue Portal

May 6, 2020
I want to understand this, why are muscle relaxers recommended for inert gas and how this applies to the Rebreather?
Because they are both very similar in effects in that they deplete oxyogen and carbon dioxide.

These types of deaths can cause convolsions without a muscle relaxer.

Notabadguy

Notabadguy

Mage
Feb 7, 2020
Because they are both very similar in effects in that they deplete oxyogen and carbon dioxide.

These types of deaths can cause convolsions without a muscle relaxer.
Is a prescription needed to get a muscle relaxer?

Notabadguy

Notabadguy

Mage
Feb 7, 2020
There is a study regarding the use of a primitive version of the Rebreahter (it can be googled), there was 8 successes out of 9 attempts, it doesn't say anything about muscle relaxers, only benzos to ease the patient.

enjolras

enjolras

Feb 13, 2020
there was an old lady that sold homemade Debreathers in the USA wich worked

there was an old american lady selling plastic exit bags, but Debreathers ? you sure ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Matthias_k and GoodPersonEffed
Notabadguy

Notabadguy

Mage
Feb 7, 2020
Reactions: enjolras and GoodPersonEffed