• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

M

MBG

Experienced
Jul 14, 2023
A couple of articles on possible negative mental health effects of meditation, especially extended bouts of it combined with social isolation. Remember social isolation is what prisons use to punish prisoners.

• Informative
Reactions: ForgottenAgain and idk3
U

uzuf86

Too many mistakes and regrets
Jan 1, 2024
If you meditate for too long, surely it can and will screw up your mind in negative ways

Reactions: divinemistress36
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
I recall learning about the Canadian woman's case.

The nature of retreats is that they can bring up deep-seated issues. It is imperative that there be some sort of guidance along the way. The same likely applies to other fields like psychedelic treatments. This can be powerful stuff and is dangerous if not treated accordingly.

Reactions: anxiousalpaca, wCvML2, divinemistress36 and 2 others
SexyIncél

SexyIncél

🍭my lollipop brings the feminists to my candyshop
Aug 16, 2022
Dr. K says most meditation experts, are only expert in 1 kind of meditation. If you have PTSD & just let thoughts bubble up — BOOM you may be smacked down by painful memories

Also, Lama Jampa Thaye points out it can program you into a psychopath:
More seriously, such free-floating meditation is ripe for subversion to whatever political or economic ends its proponents prefer. It easily absorbs the values of the most unsavory elements of our culture. Worse, many meditators, thinking they are practicing the essence of the dharma, remain completely ignorant of the ideological commitments that might come to underpin the meditation they practice. In our society, this is likely to be a ruthless individualism congenial to both the market and state.

To compensate for this, meditation in the West grounds itself in a mélange of self-indulgence and gesture politics masquerading as compassion—a "compassion," it must be said, that cannot see beyond self-regard. The result is the same vapid posturing that dominates so much of contemporary culture.

If current trends continue, meditation will become a mere app for stress-free living. In other words, it will simply come to accommodate the harmful consumption-driven lifestyles that still characterize much of life in wealthy Western countries. In such a scenario meditation would serve as a reinforcing agent to stabilize delusion.

Mind-hackers might like trying simple conversations. And look to anthropologists to demystify Buddhism & other traditions — so you're not taking the sucker's path & nuking your mind

Last edited:
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc and divinemistress36
BrugmansiaFreak

BrugmansiaFreak

Still playing with the matrix (?) Who knows
Jul 5, 2020
some say Nietzsche get mad by thinking too much, so much reality that he wouldn't deal

• Yay!
Reactions: Havnis
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
It takes you out of reality so i can see how it could be dangerous for some

Ash

Ash

Enlightened
Oct 4, 2021
Reading the Daily Mail can also cause extreme nausea, high blood pressure, rage and in severe cases readers have been known to feel a sudden urge to punch a Nazi.

• Yay!
Reactions: MBG, bramblebamblebambe, Forveleth and 2 others
H

Hotsackage

Elementalist
Mar 11, 2019
It definetly can lead psychological disturbances, like any other drug. We're not Tibetan yogis, to bad society is all about profit, and charge obscene amounts of money to teach people things, that they have no idea what they're doing

Havnis

Havnis

XXXX'ed out 🌲🌲🌲🌲
May 15, 2024
It feels good tho

Reactions: divinemistress36
T

thenamingofcats

annihilation anxiety
Apr 19, 2024
Meditation made me very depressed, felt like I was on downers or something.

• Wow
Reactions: MBG and divinemistress36
fleetingnight

fleetingnight

incapable of shutting up
May 2, 2024
A lot of meditation is about self-awareness, isn't it? If your life is genuinely awful, and you want to survive it, you should be trying NOT to think about it. I know therapists would be mad at me because "avoidance is bad," but I do a lot worse things to myself when I'm aware.

Mindfulness meditation usually makes me spiral, but the kind where you try not to think about anything can be nice, unless I start overthinking, which happens about half the time

Reactions: anxiousalpaca and divinemistress36
C

cosmic-freedom

Student
Mar 18, 2024
If meditation can bring about self-awareness and if the slaves realize that they do not have to live in made-up society driven by greed, hatred, lust and envy, then it would be the end of this madness.How the hell are we going to keep the cycle of suffering running?Let's make up a lame theory backed up by dumb facts.Hehe :))

• Yay!
Reactions: Forveleth
Dark Window

Dark Window

Forest Wanderer
Mar 12, 2024
It takes you out of reality so i can see how it could be dangerous for some
Not really. It doesn't take you out of reality, it makes you more aware and for some people that's difficult.

Reactions: divinemistress36 and Forveleth