• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Darkhaven

Darkhaven

All i have left is memories
May 19, 2019
IN ADDITION to all the reasons we might have to ctb do any of you ever think of aging as another reasonable motive to put an end to it? I'm especially asking this to people, who like me, have bad genetics and an increased risk of having serious illnesses, like Alzheimer's among other things.
But even aside from the diseases, just the plain old aging: baldness/white hairs, wrinkled skin, skin marks, weight gain and overall deminished physical capabilities. Just the idea of being an old person while you know that there are young people, whom you probably see everyday, out there just living it to the fullest is a disturbing idea to me.
Either I can be in my maximum level or i'd rather dissapear.
What's your opinions?

been_there

been_there

Life cares only for itself.
Jun 5, 2019
When you get old you don't tend to care about regular aging, there are so many other things to worry about! All depends on the person. I know plenty of old people who are living it to the fullest and many youngsters who aren't.

WinterIsComing

WinterIsComing

Fragile...
May 27, 2019
I used to be against the choice...but seeing cases like Noa Pothoven and their suffering makes you think if it is ok to make them suffer like that.
Society is more concerned in giving the idea of recognition, acceptance and respect of others than doing something
significant...

Last edited:
Scribble Fan

Scribble Fan

I'm out!
May 30, 2019
I already feel like an old person so it's never been much of a bother to me. I see my peers (young people) living to the fullest while I'm a reclusive train-wreck. Plus, the downsides of getting older are mainly superficial, like skin and hair. You can still do art, my main giver-of-life, so I'm not overly concerned. I'm sure there will be slower / softer movement and lower reaction times but I've never been an athlete, I'm good.

Having said that, it is a relief that I'm never going to experience an end of life illness like dementia, Alzheimer's, or Parkinson's. I can't even imagine getting old... a few more decades of this? Ha! Ill have killed myself long before then.

Take that aging process!

T

TimeToDie

Mage
Jun 13, 2019
Yes, aging certainly is a factor in my CTB calculation . I'm 46. I look not only at how I am now, which isn't good, I also look to what the future is likely to hold. And my future is truly horrifying. That said, I don't think someone who's 25 should kill themself today to avoid the possibility of having Alzheimer's at 65, for example.

F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
IN ADDITION to all the reasons we might have to ctb do any of you ever think of aging as another reasonable motive to put an end to it? I'm especially asking this to people, who like me, have bad genetics and an increased risk of having serious illnesses, like Alzheimer's among other things.
But even aside from the diseases, just the plain old aging: baldness/white hairs, wrinkled skin, skin marks, weight gain and overall deminished physical capabilities. Just the idea of being an old person while you know that there are young people, whom you probably see everyday, out there just living it to the fullest is a disturbing idea to me.
What's your opinions?
I didn't expect to like getting old in a way. The part that sucks is aging without a close nit family. Because of feminism I failed to pursue motherhood and marriage. The brainwashing worked on me :( now I really don't want to get older but that's the real reason. I know kids are no guarantee of them wanting to be close or staying in the same city but in my ideal life at this age that's what it would be like. Surrounded by great friends and family. I have nothing to look forward to as I age. I can't be there for when my kids would have began their lives and being there for those celebrations. Instead I fucked my youth away and have nothing to show for it. A woman's primary purpose is motherhood, but if u don't do that u better have really rewarding career or something. Marriage and kids are at least something achievable for most women but a high paying and satisfying career is not a guarantee. Sorry I'm wrong about it being easy to find a marriage partner because feminism changed this too. The state discourages men from marrying in a variety of ways.

Last edited:
T

TimeToDie

Mage
Jun 13, 2019
I didn't expect to like getting old in a way. The part that sucks is aging without a close nit family. Because of feminism I failed to pursue motherhood and marriage. The brainwashing worked on me :( now I really don't want to get older but that's the real reason. I know kids are no guarantee of them wanting to be close or staying in the same city but in my ideal life at this age that's what it would be like. Surrounded by great friends and family. I have nothing to look forward to as I age. I can't be there for when my kids would have began their lives and being there for those celebrations. Instead I fucked my youth away and have nothing to show for it. A woman's primary purpose is motherhood, but if u don't do that u better have really rewarding career or something. Marriage and kids are at least something achievable for most women but a high paying and satisfying career is not a guarantee. Sorry I'm wrong about it being easy to find a marriage partner because feminism changed this too. The state discourages men from marrying in a variety of ways.
Marriage & kids definitely seem to be a big part of what typically makes for a happy life. My home has 3 bedrooms, including a master suite. It was built for a couple and their two kids. It's quite lonely here all by myself. We can even measure how valuable kids are in dollar terms -- consider that gay male couples spend up to $250,000 just to produce an offspring via donated egg & surrogate.

C

Cleopatra123

Arcanist
Jun 8, 2019
What's your opinions?
I'm old. 72. Would be nothing wrong with it if I were healthy, if I hadn't lost everything of meaning in life, and if I weren't left totally along with overwhelming responsibilities by family I've catered to for many years. Not getting any better no matter what I try, and I've tried all the alternatives as a nurse. Lived way longer than most with my diagnosis because I saw others suffering. But, I'm done. If one is doing something meaningful in life, who cares about wrinkles and gray hair, our outside is just flesh, our insides are our heart and soul. I've had a passion for a creative interest of study for the past few years, but life, and money and poverty and loneliness is all I have left. Yes, it's certainly OK to be an old person with meaning and ability. But, flesh is like all things, it temporary. Best wishes to you. PS: I lived a basically full life, self-sufficiently for the most part, but now is too different. I'm most happy to see young people living a full life, you too I hope. Cleo
Yes, aging certainly is a factor in my CTB calculation . I'm 46. I look not only at how I am now, which isn't good, I also look to what the future is likely to hold. And my future is truly horrifying. That said, I don't think someone who's 25 should kill themself today to avoid the possibility of having Alzheimer's at 65, for example.
I didn't know when I was 46 that my future would be truly horrifying but it is. Nevertheless, I lived extensively and didn't think about what would happen, even though I had a chronic disease, I kept going, and now, I've been abandoned by family I sacrificed a lot to help, and now I am alone and sick. So, if you are 46, enjoy that which is relative youth to me if you can. "Why bury moments brooding unknown fate, when splendor sings above the arbor gate". Cleo

Last edited:
Kyrok

Kyrok

Paragon
Nov 6, 2018
I'm 53 & in chronic pain. I'm struggling to make it through until retirement & often just don't have it in me to get much done.

Nevertheless, I'm doing well financially, am better looking than when I was in my teens or 20s, and have accomplished a huge amount professionally.

If I can only deal with the pain for a couple more years, and it doesn't get much worse, I'm looking forward to my 60s and 70s. Work is extremely stressful and would love to have nothing on my shoulders.

Until your body truly falls apart, aging can bring with it a better life -- but that often takes lots of hard work and ample good luck. Without them, especially retiring into poverty is a nightmare.

Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
I've seen what old age is really like... I guess due to luck. But several times, when I had to go to the hospital, I saw the kind of stuff old people have to go through... It was horrific. People with no control over their body so they would shit and piss all the time etc... And nobody wants to deal with these people because they think they are gross. Not even doctors and nurses want to deal with them... Why risk being one of those people? Because maybe you will be one of those old people who age gracefully? That's like hoping to win the lottery.

Last edited:
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
What's your opinions?

That is another reason … not the main one because life is so shitty. I can't imagine how shitty it would be when I'm 70+ years old.
I see old people out in public having to struggle to move and buy groceries. :aw:
I will be long gone before then.

Superfluous

Superfluous

Mar 16, 2019
I made a decision in my early twenties - possibly even in my late teens - that I didn't want to become old, and I can be a bit of a stubborn barsteward at times. I honestly can't remember my reasoning for my decision at that time. Maybe it was the way I perceived my grandparents lives. I don't know.

So I have lived my life accordingly. I've been a heavy smoker all my life, I drink every day (although never during the day), and chose to retire at an early age. Now my retirement funds are depleted, and not having made any attempt to supplement it over the past years that time has come. However, I now realise that what I considered old then is not the same as it is now due to the advancements made in medicine.

But that's not really the whole picture. My age isn't a reason for me choosing to end my life - or at least not directly (my age is certainly prohibitive in the case of finding work). I suffer from depression and have done for many years, although it didn't affect my life too much up until fairly recently (say the last 5 years). I think one of the main reasons is a lack of purpose, which to a large degree relates to my depression.

Having written this, I'm now not sure how relevant it is to the discussion. This happens a lot when I decide to respond to posts, and I'll often change my mind and delete the draft without posting. However, as it has taken a while to write this, I'm going to post it.

not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018

Some people who have kids aren't any happier …. I don't know if you would have been or not. Like you said just because you have kids and a family doesn't mean they will stay around. I honestly believe it is selfish for people to have children with that expectation. Also people get divorced all the time.
There aren't any guarantees in life that you would have been any happier. If someone has children, they may resent them for things they didn't get to do with their life. Once you have kids you have to sacrifice the things you want. Maybe not everything … I don't know.
I knew from a young age I didn't want kids. I know that isn't for everyone. I will NOT bring another life form into this world knowing how much I hate it here.

Lol

Lol

nothing much.
Jun 13, 2019
Yeah, i definitely get this sentiment. I don't want to see myself get old not really because of the wrinkles and everything, but just because old ppl gross me out, and i dont like being around most of them

Reactions: Darkhaven
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
Marriage & kids definitely seem to be a big part of what typically makes for a happy life. My home has 3 bedrooms, including a master suite. It was built for a couple and their two kids. It's quite lonely here all by myself. We can even measure how valuable kids are in dollar terms -- consider that gay male couples spend up to $250,000 just to produce an offspring via donated egg & surrogate.

$250,000 just to produce an offspring via donated egg & surrogate. :ohhhh::ohhhh::ohhhh: I would have thought they were happy to have cheated the system and not have to have kids. :ahhha: Seriously though I can't believe it costs that much when a couple of idiots can have them without even trying.... Life is so shitty. :angry:
I wish I could afford to life in a house or apartment by myself. I LOVE being alone.

Reactions: Darkhaven
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018

If it makes you feel better, even if you found a nice guy to marry and had kids, you could later find out your husband is a sociopath or a psychopath just wearing a mask and your kids are batshit insane. And then some time during the marriage, he could be like, "You know what? Being a father and husband sucks ass. I'm out. Peace." Then he takes all his money and disappears. It happens all the time. Some women follow the perfect traditional life script and end up as single moms because they got duped by some men's acting skills.

Last edited:
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
I'm old. 72. Would be nothing wrong with it if I were healthy, if I hadn't lost everything of meaning in life, and if I weren't left totally along with overwhelming responsibilities by family I've catered to for many years. Not getting any better no matter what I try, and I've tried all the alternatives as a nurse. Lived way longer than most with my diagnosis because I saw others suffering. But, I'm done. If one is doing something meaningful in life, who cares about wrinkles and gray hair, our outside is just flesh, our insides are our heart and soul. I've had a passion for a creative interest of study for the past few years, but life, and money and poverty and loneliness is all I have left. Yes, it's certainly OK to be an old person with meaning and ability. But, flesh is like all things, it temporary. Best wishes to you. PS: I lived a basically full life, self-sufficiently for the most part, but now is too different. I'm most happy to see young people living a full life, you too I hope. Cleo

I didn't know when I was 46 that my future would be truly horrifying but it is. Nevertheless, I lived extensively and didn't think about what would happen, even though I had a chronic disease, I kept going, and now, I've been abandoned by family I sacrificed a lot to help, and now I am alone and sick. So, if you are 46, enjoy that which is relative youth to me if you can. "Why bury moments brooding unknown fate, when splendor sings above the arbor gate". Cleo

So sorry to hear about your pain. :aw: I hope you find peace soon.
I've seen what old age is really like... I guess due to luck. But several times, when I had to go to the hospital, I saw the kind of stuff old people have to go through... It was horrific. People with no control over their body so they would shit and piss all the time etc... And nobody wants to deal with these people because they think they are gross. Not even doctors and nurses want to deal with them... Why risk being one of those people? Because maybe you will be one of those old people who age gracefully? That's like hoping to win the lottery.

You are so right. I had to have a procedure done a few years ago at the hospital. Really scary … even at the doctors office. It's just really sad.

Last edited:
T

TimeToDie

Mage
Jun 13, 2019
$250,000 just to produce an offspring via donated egg & surrogate. :ohhhh::ohhhh::ohhhh: I would have thought they were happy to have cheated the system and not have to have kids. :ahhha: Seriously though I can't believe it costs that much when a couple of idiots can have them without even trying.... Life is so shitty. :angry:
I wish I could afford to life in a house or apartment by myself. I LOVE being alone.
Actually, figure on half a million dollars since each dude in the gay couple needs to father one. This isn't like a straight couple where a single child is enough for both partners to be a biological parent. And all that money pissed away just so they can have a mini-me as opposed to adopting some brown kid that already exists. (I am making the assumption that damn near every gay couple that has a half million to waste is exceptionally white.)

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
If it makes you feel better, even if you found a nice guy to marry and had kids, you could later find out your husband is a sociopath or a psychopath just wearing a mask and your kids are batshit insane. And then some time during the marriage, he could be like, "You know what? Being a father and husband sucks ass. I'm out. Peace." Then he takes all his money and disappears. It happens all the time. Some women follow the perfect traditional life script and end up as single moms because they got duped by some men's acting skills.

PREACH !!!!
Why is there no applause emoji ??? :wink: Their are some who are very lucky but many who aren't.

Actually, figure on half a million dollars since each dude in the gay couple needs to father one. This isn't like a straight couple where a single child is enough for both partners to be a biological parent. And all that money pissed away just so they can have a mini-me as opposed to adopting some brown kid that already exists. (I am making the assumption that damn near every gay couple that has a half million to waste is exceptionally white.)

:ohhhh::ohhhh::ohhhh::ohhhh: Damn !!! I really don't even know what to say to that. (But I will half assed try) :wink: It always amazes me how many people think they "NEED" to have a kid that is biologically theirs, (Not just gay people) when there are so many kids that need adopted. :ohhhh:
I don't know if your assumption is correct but it sounds like it could be. :wink:

Last edited:
blanketyblk

blanketyblk

Mage
Jun 9, 2019
Getting old alone is the one thing that terrifies me. i looked after my parents for 8 years and in that time they couldn't drive, going shopping and eventually they coudn't shower themselves. so i know for a fact i don't want to be in that kind of situation alone. that would be hell. having to get a carer in to look after your needs. or worst ended up in a aged care facility. god no way.

I would of loved to of had a family of my own. but option was removed from my life when i was 19. My partner also never ever wanted to have children as she always though that what was wrong with her would be passed on to them. But now sitting here at age 43 in a 5 bedroom home all alone i find my self taking stock of my life. and yes it would of been nice to have had children.

After she had passed i could of adopted. but then i was to busy caring for my parents and i was not going to put them into a aged care facility. so this is the result of those decisions. Would I of changed any of these decisions if I had the chance? maybe. but life is a one way road. no second chances. all i can say is to tried my best under the circumstances. I don' t have regrets, just a big hole in my heart.

Last edited:
blanketyblk

blanketyblk

Mage
Jun 9, 2019
@blanketyblk You have so much experience as a carer. Did you consider fostering? It can be just one weekend a month https://www.barnardos.org.au/get-involved/become-a-carer/types-of-foster-care/

Obviously not right now while you're working on your own trauma, but maybe a thought for the future. Many kids in the care system who need some love.
Yes, that is something I've looked into doing next year maybe. just gotta get myself better before trying to care for anyone else. would hate to cause any more pain on a child.

HGL91

HGL91

Warlock
Jul 2, 2019

Yup. I worked as a CNA and it made me want to kill myself. I mean, a lot of my patients were people that went to IVY league schools and had families but got old and to be "too much work".

One of the jobs is to give the elderly a bed bath, washing their body in their bed, washing between rolls of fat, cleaning the genitals, and it was a major struggle sometimes to find the genitals on men, which was difficult not to make awkward if they were aware.

We'd also have to help them into a chair as they took a shower and there was a hole in the chair in case they had to poop or pee. They would often cry in shame and I had to assure them that I wasn't bothered.

A lot of CNAs burn out quick, so they'll find short cuts to do their job, like mixing oatmeal with eggs and orange juice, putting it on a spoon, and shoving it into the patients mouth quickly to get to their next task because if we don't complete tasks quickly, we get threatened to be fired.

You have to prioritize your tasks by who's at the highest risk of dying and you have to save them, so if you have 15 patients, some sit in crappy diapers if another patient is having a dementia episode.

It's a nightmare for everyone.
I can really relate. I'm 28 and already feel like the fun part of life is over. The thoughts of getting truly old horrifies me.

Same. I'm 28 in September and feel so jaded, and alone. I had an awesome youth growing up in Los Angeles going to Disneyland, Universal Studios, seeing movie premieres, going to music concerts, going to tv show after parties, bonfires at the beach, hooking up with hot European guys visiting Santa Monica, going to Venice Beach and watching street performers, etc., so I don't think I'll ever be excited by life again.

Last edited:
Maravillosa

Maravillosa

Господи помилуй — мир в Україні!
Sep 7, 2018
Getting old alone is the one thing that terrifies me. i looked after my parents for 8 years and in that time they couldn't drive, going shopping and eventually they coudn't shower themselves. so i know for a fact i don't want to be in that kind of situation alone. that would be hell. having to get a carer in to look after your needs. or worst ended up in a aged care facility. god no way.

I would of loved to of had a family of my own. but option was removed from my life when i was 19. My partner also never ever wanted to have children as she always though that what was wrong with her would be passed on to them. But now sitting here at age 43 in a 5 bedroom home all alone i find my self taking stock of my life. and yes it would of been nice to have had children.

After she had passed i could of adopted. but then i was to busy caring for my parents and i was not going to put them into a aged care facility. so this is the result of those decisions. Would I of changed any of these decisions if I had the chance? maybe. but life is a one way road. no second chances. all i can say is to tried my best under the circumstances. I don' t have regrets, just a big hole in my heart.

My mother is 79 years old, bedridden (due to fractured vertebrae) and incontinent. Her memory lapses are worsening: probably the only reason she has not yet been diagnosed with dementia of some kind is that she cannot get into a wheelchair and visit a doctor. Last week, Mom entered home hospice care, even though she is not in imminent danger of dying -- but it was the only practical way that she can get her prescription medications without getting into a gurney (which her health insurance does not cover) and getting to her doctor's office.

I am terrified of ending up like Mom. I will be 53 in September: I have never married nor had kids. (I thought that as someone with recurrent depression and suicidal ideation, it would not be a good idea to marry and/or have children, or even have a serious romantic relationship.) At least Mom has my brother and me as caregivers and a roof over her head. (Mom intends to get a reverse mortgage so that she can have some extra money.) I am on SSI and will be lucky to get Section 8 housing by the time Mom dies or has to enter a convalescent home. I would gladly ctb to forestall what is happening to Mom from happening to me. May God forgive my sins! As a practicing Catholic, I should embrace the concept of redemptive suffering, but it is difficult for me. I could accept offering up my suffering for the salvation of souls when, in 2015, I had an infected tooth that was ultimately extracted. That is acute suffering that has a more or less definite endpoint. But chronic longterm suffering seems to be a different story for me. That seems to be useless suffering that I would want to escape, and which I would want anybody else to avoid.

C

Cleopatra123

Arcanist
Jun 8, 2019
My mother is 79 years old, bedridden (due to fractured vertebrae) and incontinent. Her memory lapses are worsening: probably the only reason she has not yet been diagnosed with dementia of some kind is that she cannot get into a wheelchair and visit a doctor. Last week, Mom entered home hospice care, even though she is not in imminent danger of dying -- but it was the only practical way that she can get her prescription medications without getting into a gurney (which her health insurance does not cover) and getting to her doctor's office.

I am terrified of ending up like Mom. I will be 53 in September: I have never married nor had kids. (I thought that as someone with recurrent depression and suicidal ideation, it would not be a good idea to marry and/or have children, or even have a serious romantic relationship.) At least Mom has my brother and me as caregivers and a roof over her head. (Mom intends to get a reverse mortgage so that she can have some extra money.) I am on SSI and will be lucky to get Section 8 housing by the time Mom dies or has to enter a convalescent home. I would gladly ctb to forestall what is happening to Mom from happening to me. May God forgive my sins! As a practicing Catholic, I should embrace the concept of redemptive suffering, but it is difficult for me. I could accept offering up my suffering for the salvation of souls when, in 2015, I had an infected tooth that was ultimately extracted. That is acute suffering that has a more or less definite endpoint. But chronic longterm suffering seems to be a different story for me. That seems to be useless suffering that I would want to escape, and which I would want anybody else to avoid.
There's nothing wrong with being an old person, if one is healthy and has some resources. However, I believe the two major groups that are most ignored and neglected in our culture are senior citizens and those with mental health issues. Why bother with resources and real help those people who they can ignore. In reality, most senior citizens are suffering from poverty, and growing health issues.
Suffering from pain, impending some sort of progressive or acute physical illness, with little help very often. And, they have so reduced funding for mental health issues it is disgraceful. By the time one gets old, getting grey, loosing one's teeth, being less or imobolized the problems of survival overwhelm the positive aspects a person may have been capable of. And, to reiterate what a CNA wrote above, the treatment of seniors in nursing homes is nothing better than institutionalized torture, that makes money for medical establishment while prolonging and increasing the suffering of chronically ill persons.

F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
There's nothing wrong with being an old person, if one is healthy and has some resources. However, I believe the two major groups that are most ignored and neglected in our culture are senior citizens and those with mental health issues. Why bother with resources and real help those people who they can ignore. In reality, most senior citizens are suffering from poverty, and growing health issues.
Suffering from pain, impending some sort of progressive or acute physical illness, with little help very often. And, they have so reduced funding for mental health issues it is disgraceful. By the time one gets old, getting grey, loosing one's teeth, being less or imobolized the problems of survival overwhelm the positive aspects a person may have been capable of. And, to reiterate what a CNA wrote above, the treatment of seniors in nursing homes is nothing better than institutionalized torture, that makes money for medical establishment while prolonging and increasing the suffering of chronically ill persons.
It was better when most people had extended and big enough families because this was the traditional way that kids were cared for, the mentally handicapped, and the elderly. It was like a built in safety net. Then the state stepped in and now many people are cared for by strangers in daycares, public school, nursing homes, and prisons are how people are cared for now that are not able to be independent. It's bad. Now people are very vulnerable to abuse because it's not family that cares for u, it's strangers who aren't related and don't give a shit. Sure some family members who were abusive to u won't deserve u to care for them in old age but at one time maybe this made people treat their kids better knowing that u will be dependent on them in old age.

Last edited:
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
Oh yeah. Even if my health doesn't fail, even if the next couple decades go as well as can be expected, I am still part of a system that will eventually force me into an abusive care home. Even if I were a billionaire I would want to ctb before I become mentally or physically infirm.