sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
Please report such persons to the mods and they will have a look. We shouldn't give them more attention, it just makes everything worse.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, Deleted member 1465, NightmareTour and 5 others
L

LostSoul101

Student
Nov 7, 2020
to be fair though, you are both right. (if its the post i believe you are talking about if not then ignore this lol) everyone has SI, hence why its hard to "jump" but if youre having a bad enough day, your SI dwindles down quite a bit and at that point the coin flips and its hard to talk yourself down. ive been in both situations myself (just never had my method. when you cant it because a little easier to not lol)
Yeah that one. But on the topic of 'cruel sight users' and trying to let the OP know they are not weak, is it ok to imply (not directly say, but imply) that they are weak?

• Wow
Reactions: Soul and dropdeadfred
M

M

Please do report the instances of trolling, and It'll be handled promptly and quickly.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, Deleted member 1465, Aurora and 10 others
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
Yeah that one. But on the topic of 'cruel sight users' and trying to let the OP know they are not weak, is it ok to imply (not directly say, but imply) that they are weak?
you mean this one right? " It actually takes a lot of strength to go through the exit door " i can see how this can imply that they are weak but at the same time for even considering suicide as an option, not so much just the "exit door" to really honestly mean to take your life, doesnt that take strength in the first place?

• Wow
Reactions: Soul
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
The OP wanted to not feel bad for feeling weak for not doing it. Regardless of where we call it SI or what defines strength, OP felt weak for not CTB and that's ok. Nothing to do with semantics!
im not disagreeing with that, just saying that they werent completely wrong and maybe some responses (on both ends) could have been thought through to maybe an understanding instead of an argument.

dropdeadfred

dropdeadfred

Boarding the bus to Everlasting Dreamland ♡
Oct 19, 2020
Please report such persons to the mods and they will have a look. We shouldn't give them more attention, it just makes everything worse.
Exactly. Trolls only get nourishment from attention.

Reactions: Deleted member 1465, NightmareTour, Sensei and 8 others
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
I mostly agree. I'm softer on this forum than elsewhere due to the fragile state of people here and the civil demeanor of it's users but sometimes I think it goes too far where you're afraid of just speaking the truth even if it's in a direct but tactful way.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, cowbain, NightmareTour and 9 others
Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
I also notice a lot of aggressive posters and provocation of infighting. It makes me sad because when I first found this site I found it so refreshing how welcome, warm and open-minded this place was. Now a lot of the threads remind me of reddit or other social media :'(.

The world has already hurt us so much, why must we hurt each other in what is supposed to be a safe space?

I've noticed - or think I've noticed - an influx recently of what appear to be children here trolling for jollies. As if someone linked to this site on a subreddit and said "let's go mess with them". There seems to be a ton of aggressive new posters, and it's thrown off the whole vibe of the forum.
Is it just me? Anyone else feel this?

Reactions: woxihuanni, Broken Chimera, NightmareTour and 7 others
Emily_Numb

Emily_Numb

Wizard
Jan 14, 2020
Just put them on block and don't stress about it. Not worth the energy x

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, Yolonoodle, All washed up and 5 others
D

death becomes her

Jul 3, 2020
Just put them on block and don't stress about it. Not worth the energy x

You're absolutely right but I guess I feel compelled to defend when they are attacking other members. Some people have never had anyone in their corner you know?

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, NightmareTour and mahakaliSS_MahaDurga
muffin222

muffin222

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2020
I've noticed - or think I've noticed - an influx recently of what appear to be children here trolling for jollies. As if someone linked to this site on a subreddit and said "let's go mess with them". There seems to be a ton of aggressive new posters, and it's thrown off the whole vibe of the forum.
I've noticed the same influx. It's unfortunate how the tone and atmosphere of this site has shifted so drastically the past few months

Reactions: Broken Chimera, NightmareTour, Sensei and 6 others
D

death becomes her

Jul 3, 2020

I think you're spot on.

They use a lot of Reddit speak like "you know nothing" or "wrong!" in response to a lot of posts.

Hopefully they get bored and move on or else I'll be pushed out of here. Bullies push everyone out of well, every safe space. They just have to colonize everything.
Being an incredibly angry (although not violent) person, my attitude would be to identify those trolls and destroy them. (Having been a Ritalin skinny kid, and the only one on amphetamines growing up in my area, I never had violence as an option for self defense, the smallest and weakest child in my school, not just beaten on by other boys, but especially by other girls, a gang of Lucy Van Pelts right out of the Peanuts comic strip to my Charlie Brown. I'm cursed, a straight male who grew up hating girls and can never have a healthy relationship because of all that.)

I'm actually a helper by nature. (I truly wish I wasn't.) Hence I've posted information on Autogenic Training for migraine sufferers, and just posted a suggestion on trying a Voldyne Spirometer for practicing diaphragmatic breathing for posters suffering from anxiety who might like an alternative to benzodiazepines for relief of clinical anxiety (although I personally require clonazepam and alprazolam for relief of clinical anxiety and anger). Being a chronic helper who has also been bullied and abused by teachers, principals and psychologists also means I can be savagely protective though, so when I detect trolls, my inclination is to rip right into the fuckers. (Obviously, I'm still very much struggling to adjust to participating here, a site with a lot of females, where I've spend the last 13 years posting on sites with an almost exclusively straight male membership.)

I'm sorry this bullying happened to you. Bullies are disgusting.

As a female I appreciate you giving us a chance on here!

Last edited:
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, woxihuanni, Good4Nothing and 1 other person
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
I've noticed the same influx. It's unfortunate how the tone and atmosphere of this site has shifted so drastically the past few months

Have you noticed that the tone and atmosphere of the forum changes every 3-4 months? I noticed people talked about that happening even before I joined, and I've noticed it since I've been here.

Reactions: GoneGoneGone, Secrets1, omoidarui and 3 others
allym101

allym101

Ally
May 29, 2020
People suck universally... If you guys notice these types of people feel free to report them to the mods. People who troll on sites like this truly are pathetic.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, NightmareTour, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga and 3 others
muffin222

muffin222

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2020
Have you noticed that the tone and atmosphere of the forum changes every 3-4 months? I noticed people talked about that happening even before I joined, and I've noticed it since I've been here.

That's very true. I think it's due to the high turnover of members on the forum in general. I notice an entirely new batch of faces every few months, most of whom promptly vanish after a short while and are quickly replaced by a new influx of users

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, NightmareTour, Sensei and 5 others
Broken Chimera

Broken Chimera

The abyss also gazes into you
May 27, 2019
Yeah. Earlier on it wasn't that bad. When I came back things were different but not as much and I barely checked in for months. Now things seem different every few weeks with more people at each other's throats.

I should add the fact that users are being manipulated, being snitched on for announcing their suicide date and pro lifers and trolls joining just to stir up shit. These problems rarely happened before but now we have at least one of these in a week, probably more.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sensei and _Kaira_
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
Some people love to trick and manipulate others and what better place to have fun (fun in their minds I mean) than on a suicide forum. Vulnerable people are more susceptible.

I have been subjected to outright straight up bullying here. And watch out for those who like to "pounce" on new members.
"You can talk to me" is a favorite phrase.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Water-Lily, not-2-b-the-answer, cowbain and 9 others
D

death becomes her

Jul 3, 2020
Thanks Mods for reaching out to help! I really appreciate all you guys do for this community.

However, from my perspective, it's really the tone of the post if that makes sense?

It's like I wouldn't know how put a report in apart from labelling it as "aggressive" or "hostile" without maybe policing people's freedom to speak which can be a slippery slope

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, Meditation guide and _Kaira_
puppy9

puppy9

au revoir
Jun 13, 2019
"You can talk to me" is a favorite phrase.

They'll be like....

giphy.gif

and then,,,

giphy.gif

and we be like,,,,

giphy.gif

I'm lucky because when I'm at my most vulnerable @GoodPersonEffed was there for me. It's weird to say it here; I'll probably be dead if @GoodPersonEffed didn't intervene. I probably ctb'ed on impulse, because I have all the SN kit to stat dose. Thanks again.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, Silvermorning, muffin222 and 7 others
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
users are aggressive, confrontational and competitive
I'm fairly thick skinned so I can take a little bullying now and then without going off the deep end, but I can imagine that happening to someone who was already severely depressed and ready to jump anyway and it driving them to go and do it immediately.

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, sadworld and _Kaira_
Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
As a naive person, I have difficulties to see people who are truly malicious...
I'd rather stay cautious while believing all people are empathetic at the same time. Paradoxical? Idk.
But that's better for my mental health. Being cynical is deadly. So is being naive sometimes....
Things go round and round in circles.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and shy
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
I'm definitely seeing some very strange and aggressive new users.. though I haven't been here that long, I've noticed it.

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, Meditation guide and shy
shy

shy

Student
Aug 23, 2020
As a naive person, I have difficulties to see people who are truly malicious...
I'd rather stay cautious while believing all people are empathetic at the same time. Paradoxical? Idk.
But that's better for my mental health. Being cynical is deadly. So is being naive sometimes....
Things go round and round in circles.
I feel the same way, seeing these kind of threads pop up lately makes me sad. Serves as a reminder that this is a public place and not just my little suicidal oasis. I'd like to think that it's just a few bad people and that the majority on here are genuinely nice.

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, Amumu and mahakaliSS_MahaDurga
hoping to lose hope

hoping to lose hope

<3 Message me to trade music <3
Nov 14, 2020
I personally am fine if people want to meme and joke around as long as they put effort into quality posts as well.
I do understand why this is not allowed though here and we should respect one another.
Be peaceful people :)

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and mahakaliSS_MahaDurga
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
There are monsters here.

• Aww..
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, Deleted member 1465, cowbain and 4 others
Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
I assume they're not able to gather an audience irl, since wanting to gather an audience on a suicide forum seems to be pretty pathetic in my opinion

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, imdone1, Deleted member 14573 and 7 others
reticen

reticen

Student
Nov 5, 2020
There are monsters here.
Yes, the mods can reaffirm their anti-trolling stance all they want but they are useless at actually picking out the real troublemakers. In fairness though they can be difficult for some people to see as they can come off as quite friendly and open. You can try and point them out but it will usually just result in abuse against you. Such is the case when dealing with such psychopaths.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, cowbain, Weary Soul and 2 others
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
Any place is ok with them. I got treated to some bullying the first time I posted something by a little group and saw it happen to someone else the first time they posted. Quite a welcoming committee.

How sick it is to set yourself up with a small group of like minded sickos on a suicide forum to pick on newcomers. Maybe it's because they feel newcomers won't know what's going on or know to report it.

My patience is really wearing thin for people like that, both on this forum and outside. I've been treated very disgustingly by some people in real life recently, with people always flocking to defend the entities that wronged me instead of providing any kind of sympathy or support, so I'm even more tired of internet bullies.. I'm sorry you were treated like that.

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, cowbain, Disappointered and 5 others