• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

B

Buh-bye!

jkfajsd
Jan 10, 2024
so tomorrow's my last day at school and their was this english teacher i wanted to bid a farewell, she, was kinda good to me, used to listen to me, let me share and all that. i felt quite close to her. she is new to the school so had a hard time fitting with the children but it's better now. i just felt like writing something to her for letting her have something she could grab on ? i don't really know how to write good letters so i want someone to review this one, tell me any or all flaws in this piece i've written and help me a little with it. also i don't want to make it sound too sentimental 'cause obviously it's a student writing to a teacher.
here's the stuff i wrote :

Dear teacher,
their was no such call for a letter, like this one since most of my things i had to say to you have already been said. neither are the things in this letter gonna be the complete truth nor are they going to be any distant from the truth. it's just that i might've wanted for you to hold on to smth as i ( leave the school ), for i can't be giving those expensive pens or gifts they gift to their teachers :P i'm aware that it wouldn't be the first time a student says this but you were a really really good teach. and that i say, while abstaining myself from holding in account any of those helping (private conversations ) you have with your children and also not considering the fact that you can't seem to hold on to the name of your students. i am speaking about the way you teach and all of those things you do in a classroom. i know our class, in particular, might have been a little bit of a challenging one but being a student myself, i don't think any of them dislikes you or your method of teaching and that frankness is just a way they open up or maybe escape from the usual commotions. speaking about the normal teaching perks, you had them all, your notes were helpful for instance ( i did complete them ). now i know my scores say otherwise but what you really helped me with was literature. honestly after the conversation i once had with you, i kind of wanted to groove in more on those topics of literature and i did. i stumbled upon T.S. eliot,......etc. and i have been reading them for quite some time now, thanks to you! although i certainly would pursue b.tech or b.sc if i would pursue anything at all, that is. but i felt good opening up to this world of literature and you're the one to thank for that. that day, it also made me think of what the basic idea of a good teach is, one who wraps up the syllabus or one who could fill even a few young minds with interest for the subject. you certainly did both. and i think i am glad i had you as my teach. also i owe you, and all my teachers an apology for being like that and maybe i could've done a little better on my sheets but i believe i feel good as a kid rn and all the catering i had from you people really helped, especially you. ############
I wish you the very best in all your future endeavours

there's more to it, but i would like a few advices first.

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1
NekiLik

NekiLik

Feb 10, 2024
It's got a lot of heart, which is awesome, but it needs a bit of tidying up. Break it down into paragraphs, so it's easier to follow along. And when it comes to tone, keep it real, but don't go overboard with the sentimentality. You can show how much your teacher means to you without laying it on too thick. Try to fix your grammar. Nobody wants to see "their" when it should be "there". Maybe you could also tell them specifically how they made a difference in your life through their teaching.

B

Buh-bye!

jkfajsd
Jan 10, 2024
It's got a lot of heart, which is awesome, but it needs a bit of tidying up. Break it down into paragraphs, so it's easier to follow along. And when it comes to tone, keep it real, but don't go overboard with the sentimentality. You can show how much your teacher means to you without laying it on too thick. Try to fix your grammar. Nobody wants to see "their" when it should be "there". Maybe you could also tell them specifically how they made a difference in your life through their teaching.
thanks for writing this mate
i'd break it into paragraphs for sure. and could maybe give me an example about not going overboard with the sentiments? like at what places i might be doing that and what could be a possible correction
i'd fix the grammar surely
well the part where they got me interested in literature, that's the impact they majorly had on me. their wasn't a very constant communication between us, and that is also, one of the reasons why i don't want this letter to be sentimental or anything. mostly formal.

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1
NekiLik

NekiLik

Feb 10, 2024
When you're talking about not getting too sentimental you want to avoid getting overly emotional. For example, if you start writing about how your teacher's guidance changed your life forever or how you can't imagine where you'd be without them, it might come off as a bit too much. Instead, you could write about instances or qualities that you appreciate. Rather than saying they completely transformed your world, you could mention how their passion for literature helped you be interested and inspired to explore new ideas and see things differently. This keeps it genuine and heartfelt without going into overly sentimental territory. Also, sincea you mentioned wanting to keep the letter mostly formal due to the limited communication between you and your teacher, avoid slang or overly casual phrases.

• Love
Reactions: Buh-bye! and Kit1
d0lic3

d0lic3

Feb 20, 2023
Overall, sounds good! In my view, I think you should fix your grammar around. Like, writing words in full instead of writing them in abbreviations. Also capitalizing first words or names and kinds of stuff like that. If you want it professional then don't use abbreviations. Especially no casual phrases either.

Dear teacher,
There was no such call for a letter, like this one since most of the things I had to say to you have already been said. Neither are the things in this letter going to be the complete truth nor are they going to be any distant from the truth. It's just that I might've wanted for you to hold on to something as I ( leave the school ), for I can't be giving those expensive pens or gifts they gift to their teachers. I'm aware that it wouldn't be the first time a student says this but you were a good teacher. And that I say, while abstaining from holding into account any of those helping (private conversations ) you have with your children and also not because you can't seem to hold on to the name of your students. I am speaking about the way you teach and all of the things you do in a classroom. I know our class, in particular, might have been a little bit of a challenging one but being a student myself, I don't think any of them dislike you or your method of teaching and that frankness is just a way they open up or maybe escape from the usual commotions. Speaking about the normal teaching perks, you had them all, your notes were helpful for instance (I did complete them ). Now I know my scores say otherwise but what you helped me with was literature. Honestly after the conversation I once had with you, I kind of wanted to groove in more on those topics of literature and I did. I stumbled upon T.S. Eliot,......etc. And I have been reading them for quite some time now, thanks to you! Although I certainly would pursue b.tech or b.sc if I would pursue anything at all, that is. but I felt good opening up to this world of literature and you're the one to thank for that. That day, also made me think of what the basic idea of a good teacher is, one who wraps up the syllabus or one who could fill even a few young minds with interest in the subject. you certainly did both. And I think I am glad I had you as my teacher. Also, I owe you, and all my teachers an apology for being like that maybe I could've done a little better on my sheets but I believe I feel good as a kid right now, and all the catering I had from you people helped, especially you. ############

I only tidied it up a slight bit to give you an idea, some words were unnecessary so I removed them :)

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Buh-bye! and Kit1
B

Buh-bye!

jkfajsd
Jan 10, 2024
Overall, sounds good! In my view, I think you should fix your grammar around. Like, writing words in full instead of writing them in abbreviations. Also capitalizing first words or names and kinds of stuff like that. If you want it professional then don't use abbreviations. Especially no casual phrases either.

Dear teacher,
There was no such call for a letter, like this one since most of the things I had to say to you have already been said. Neither are the things in this letter going to be the complete truth nor are they going to be any distant from the truth. It's just that I might've wanted for you to hold on to something as I ( leave the school ), for I can't be giving those expensive pens or gifts they gift to their teachers. I'm aware that it wouldn't be the first time a student says this but you were a good teacher. And that I say, while abstaining from holding into account any of those helping (private conversations ) you have with your children and also not because you can't seem to hold on to the name of your students. I am speaking about the way you teach and all of the things you do in a classroom. I know our class, in particular, might have been a little bit of a challenging one but being a student myself, I don't think any of them dislike you or your method of teaching and that frankness is just a way they open up or maybe escape from the usual commotions. Speaking about the normal teaching perks, you had them all, your notes were helpful for instance (I did complete them ). Now I know my scores say otherwise but what you helped me with was literature. Honestly after the conversation I once had with you, I kind of wanted to groove in more on those topics of literature and I did. I stumbled upon T.S. Eliot,......etc. And I have been reading them for quite some time now, thanks to you! Although I certainly would pursue b.tech or b.sc if I would pursue anything at all, that is. but I felt good opening up to this world of literature and you're the one to thank for that. That day, also made me think of what the basic idea of a good teacher is, one who wraps up the syllabus or one who could fill even a few young minds with interest in the subject. you certainly did both. And I think I am glad I had you as my teacher. Also, I owe you, and all my teachers an apology for being like that maybe I could've done a little better on my sheets but I believe I feel good as a kid right now, and all the catering I had from you people helped, especially you. ############

I only tidied it up a slight bit to give you an idea, some words were unnecessary so I removed them :)
that must have taken a lot of effort and time, i- i m kinda speechless. thanks a fuckin' lot bruh !! <3

• Hugs
Reactions: d0lic3
B

Buh-bye!

jkfajsd
Jan 10, 2024
When you're talking about not getting too sentimental you want to avoid getting overly emotional. For example, if you start writing about how your teacher's guidance changed your life forever or how you can't imagine where you'd be without them, it might come off as a bit too much. Instead, you could write about instances or qualities that you appreciate. Rather than saying they completely transformed your world, you could mention how their passion for literature helped you be interested and inspired to explore new ideas and see things differently. This keeps it genuine and heartfelt without going into overly sentimental territory. Also, sincea you mentioned wanting to keep the letter mostly formal due to the limited communication between you and your teacher, avoid slang or overly casual phrases.
that's some really helpful piece of info. thanks a lot for keeping it honest, i'd certainly make these changes. also i am glad you put time in someone else's work. this place provides me a sense of belonging with all the help some are ready to offer. haha, thank you!
No problem! All I did was remove some extra words :"D
and that aided me significantly ! thanks mate