• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Moonlight

Moonlight

Night Owl
Aug 6, 2021
Hello,

I've found this image of a Pentobarbital bottle on the internet:

Bottle

The label says:
Store at 20°-25°C (68°-77°F); excursions permitted 15°-30°C (59°-86°F).

These storage specifications irritate me. The PPH says that storage in the refrigerator is fine (except freezing because the bottle could be damaged).
A refrigerator has about 7°C / 46°F, which is way below the temperature specification on the bottle and more than half of the "permitted excursions" temperature.

Which information is correct?

Reactions: Smart No More, lobster salad and GreenMile
H

HopelessFight

Warlock
Jan 31, 2021
There are indeed mixed reports about this. For anyone wondering, I have seen the official labels of D's bottles and it also mentions to be stored between 15 and 25 degrees.

I am personally not doing this and storing mine refrigerated though. Why?
1) The information on the bottle's are the manufacturers official instructions. Pharmaceutical companies are always very careful about this kind of stuff and stick to the official rules. The PPH mentions storing it in the fridge in fine and since Exit has tons of experience with Nembutal, it'll probably be fine as long as you don't store it too cold.
2) My room temperature is very unstable, ranging from 10 degrees in winter to 35 degrees in summer. My fridge temperature is always stable.

If you have some place at home where the room temperature is more or less stable, it's probably better to store it at that place though.

Reactions: lobster salad, Moonlight and GreenMile
GreenMile

GreenMile

Aug 3, 2021
I keep mine at room temperature as it will be used fairly soon. As I understand it some vets store it unrefrigerated.

Mine came through international shipping during a spell of warm weather. won't know if that's effected it until CTB.

I'm sure keeping it in the fridge would extend it's life but as far as I understand it's very stable at room temperature.

Reactions: Moonlight
Moonlight

Moonlight

Night Owl
Aug 6, 2021
Well, I already put my N in the fridge when I received it a while ago, because according to the PPH I thought that it's OK to store it in the fridge at 7°C / 46°F .
Now I'm worried after hearing other recommendations, seeing labels and their instructions...

Reactions: Smart No More
J

Johnjohn1

Student
Nov 7, 2020
It makes me wonder as well since what I read online States to store it at room temperature. I've had mine in the refrigerator for months.

P

Pharmaruined

Nobody gets out alive
Sep 10, 2020
Well, I already put my N in the fridge when I received it a while ago, because according to the PPH I thought that it's OK to store it in the fridge at 7°C / 46°F .
Now I'm worried after hearing other recommendations, seeing labels and their instructions...
I wouldn't worry about it. It will only last longer. It certainly won't shorten it . It's just like everything else u put in the fridge..slows spoilage

Even expiration dates don't mean much.. they have certain rules they need to follow on the labeling..

I've purchased a ton of pharma and research chemicals over the years. not once has refrigeration been discouraged

Reactions: newave3
P

pure soul

Student
Jul 17, 2021
Will somebody tell me the life of N??

P

Pharmaruined

Nobody gets out alive
Sep 10, 2020
Will somebody tell me the life of N??
I think it's two years on the bottle, but can probably go many years past that. Again, by law , they have to put some date on the label

. I do wish we could get powder or pill though.. just to feel more confident.. or not be in a rush to use it

Also if there are no particulates on the bottom of the liquid it's probably still good

P

pure soul

Student
Jul 17, 2021
Can I suppose it will be fine till 25 years??

P

Pharmaruined

Nobody gets out alive
Sep 10, 2020
Can I suppose it will be fine till 25 years??
Gee I don't know.. I'm thinking max maybe 6 to 8 years. I'd be a little concerned past that.. but I could be way off..

I'm currently on some prohormones. That I stocked up on from the 2012 gov ban and they're totally fine . But they're in pills..liquid always makes me wonder.. dilution etc..

whitefeather

whitefeather

Thank the gods for Death
Apr 23, 2020
Humidity levels in refridgerators is a factor

DerTod

DerTod

No alarms and no surprises
Apr 17, 2022
I've read here on the forum someone saying that it can last 20+ years. I'm also interested in other opinions regarding this. Fridge is needed for longer storage. If you plan to use it in less than 2 years it won't go bad if you follow what's on the label.

_Seeking

_Seeking

I'm only here for this moment
Dec 16, 2021
I've been storing it at room temp, but was thinking about moving it to the refrigerator. Maybe it will be okay at room temp, my biggest fear is if my refrigerator acts up and starts freezing things whereas it shouldn't get hotter than 78F at my place.

Reactions: tryingtoescape
D

downndone2

Living in misery
Jan 23, 2022
I would put in a dark place that is cool, like a cabinet

Talvikki

Talvikki

Warlock
Nov 18, 2021
According to Derek Humphry, of Final Exit, Putting any drugs in the fridge is a bad idea — damp — unless they are in a sealed metal container.

Source:

S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
The N from D is sealed. It's in glass but I'd say that's better. Not sure about the rubber stopper/seal but surely that must be sterile and ok given its a medically sealed item. How it handles refrigeration over time, I don't know. Many medicines are kept refrigerated so the blanket comment about not keeping any drugs in the fridge is surely not applicable for medically sraled preparations. It mentions humidity and that would be a problem for powders and exposed items but sealed things don't get exposed to humidity.

Humidity levels in refridgerators is a factor
Where did you hear this?