Status
Not open for further replies.
W

WhiteyBulger

Mar 17, 2022
Having read through all the aquabbles and drama of late, it occurs to me that it might behoove SS to form a subforum for those of us who DO have empathy for others and who are older. I don't care for insolent little shits who have no life experience upon which to really draw. I'm sorry you're in pain. But not all pain is equal, though some might love to embrace false equivalency. Older "normies" need a place of our own. They're the only ones who will jibe with one another. Not some 25 yr old who lives at home.

• Hmph!
  • Wow
Reactions: NorseHel, BrokenBliss, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 2 others
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
Not a lot of empathy in your words, If I'm being honest. Don't pretend to be empathetic and then procede to call other members "insolent little shits who have no life experience upon which to really draw" you don't know that.

Besides, how are the mods supposed to know who is older than whatever arbitrary number you have in mind?
Do we need to submit our personal info and a medical paper that certifies that we are not on the spectrum?

You can use the ignore button, there are also ways to ignore threads and entire subforums. You can also start a megathread for older members, if there isn't one already.

• Love
Reactions: archipelago, myopybyproxy, Dr Iron Arc and 5 others
DisillusionedDragon

DisillusionedDragon

Pessimist/Antinatalist
Nov 25, 2020
And for the record, autistic people have empathy. Far more than you do.

Reactions: archipelago, Crazy4u and demuic
O

OldDrummer

Arcanist
Feb 4, 2022
In my early 50's and on the spectrum. We don't claim him.

• Hugs
Reactions: archipelago, demuic, Symbiote and 1 other person
LastLoveLetter

LastLoveLetter

Persephone
Mar 28, 2021
"I don't care for insolent little shits who have no life experience upon which to really draw."

"Some 25 yr old who lives at home."

I am not seeing much empathy in your own words here, to be entirely honest. They come across as incredibly judgemental, ableist and ageist.

Yes, there has been conflict, but insinuating these are all initiated by "those young people 'on the spectrum' with 'no empathy'" (an incredibly harmful misconception about autism, by the way) is grossly inappropriate.

Please display more empathy before accusing others of lacking it. Thank you.

• Love
Reactions: archipelago, SpaceCadet, Symbiote and 11 others
Status
Not open for further replies.