• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
A point that I was clumsily trying to make with that pro-choice spectrum post is that there is a finite number of possible viewpoints on this issue, and a limited number of challenges that must be dealt with. It should be possible to engage in effective political debate and not leave so many suffering people with no end-of-life choices.

Even opponents of this website are unlikely to hold the outright pro-life view, much less the general public. And even if they did, they'll quickly change their tune when they are 90+, or experience chronic pain, etc.

So today, I thought I would try and list the factors that prevent us as a society from achieving a balanced political landscape that would give rise to sensible, humane right-to-die laws.

A47dcf25f08466fd2b946bbf36741396

Fundamentalism
The message is "I believe in such-and-such a religion, therefore the entire nation should be beholden to my holy book." This might sound like lunacy, possibly because it is. Yet the sheer minority-rule political power of churches propels these people into prominent positions in many parts of the world. Without the influence of religious lobbyists, debate would still occur, but would be based on sense and reason.

It is worth noting that places like Canada and parts of Europe are much less afflicted by the literal Dark Ages legacy of fundamentalism, therefore leaping light-years ahead in implementing sensible solutions.

Mental illness stereotypes
Following on from the previous point, I can say that having lived with a religious nut for a mother, I know full well that there is a correlation between fanaticism and mental illness. This includes the superstition of trying to appease an angry God, and the narcissism of being unable to empathise with the human suffering that abortion or right-to-die advocates are striving to address.

And yet, the stereotype (admittedly with some justification) is that it is the suicidal folk who are mentally ill, therefore the solution is to 'fix' mental illness rather than offer assisted suicide. But when that fails, we berate people for not trying hard enough.

Worse, mental illness is seen as a reason to dismiss people's appraisal of their own suffering. After all, it is an ill, irrational, mind that is assessing its own life situation as unworkable. The thought that incurable mental illness can be an inhumane ailment, even a reason for suicide, seems to get lost.

There is some parallel with the attitude towards physical disability. We prefer to push people to oppose 'ableism' and ignore those who are not coping.

Poverty and race
In many parts of the world, certain groups are generally much wealthier than others. It is also true that poverty is a major cause of suicide, or factors that can lead up to suicide (lack of opportunity, lack of education, crime, abuse, substance abuse, etc.).

The problem, therefore, is that making assisted suicide widely available will be construed by some, rightly or wrongly, as genocidal. It will also be portrayed, again rightly or wrongly, as a demonic alternative to improving social services for the underclass.

VOMmge0

Generational conflict
This is even uglier than the last. But alas, here are the raw facts in their grotesque glory:
* A lot of tax money goes towards providing for the elderly.
* The population is ageing and living longer.
* A lot of the world's wealth is owned by older folks, and housing is no longer affordable for the young in many parts of the world.

Therefore:
* The government needs young people to work and pay taxes to support the economy, despite some having a questionable outlook for their own futures.
* Many young people would get a large and much-needed inheritance if their grandparents died.

The result is that it would be political suicide (!) to allow euthanasia of the elderly because it will be perceived as 1) treating them as useless and disposable despite their lifetime of contributions, and/or 2) incentivise younger people to 'persuade' elderly relatives to, ahem, call it a day. But equally, it means a huge disincentive to permit any potential working-class persons to die since they are a critical resource for the nation's tax base.

(And while people of different ages and other demographics are left to fight each other for survival, the entire billionaire class is doing just fine and evading taxes as usual, thank you very much.)

But class conflict aside, the whole situation is inhumane. The amount of suffering that elderly people can live with, with absolutely nothing to look forward to but more pain, is abhorrent. I watched my own grandmother go through it. At the opposite end, there are people like yours truly who have historically been able to work to some extent, but have seemingly treatment-resistant conditions that make for a completely subhuman lifestyle. What is to be done?

8ac858bf037bdb463b23979118d8a051

Laziness
This follows from the previous point. The issue is difficult and messy, so therefore, people reason, let's just avoid talking about it. Sure, people are suffering, but any action we take will cause some further collateral damage. So let's just talk about something else.

Conspiracism
"Oh look, the Deep State is trying to legalise euthanasia so as to cull the human population and advance their globalist agenda." This sort of mentality has become pretty mainstream in the age of social media algorithms designed to progressively steer people down dark rabbit holes. Not unlike religious fundamentalism, it boils down to fantasy and fiction being more viscerally enticing than confusing, boring reality. There's also the appeal of belonging to a cult to stave off loneliness. Either way, these people will vote accordingly.

Are there others? Does this even do justice to the topic? [YouTuber voice] Let me know in the comments section below and don't forget to smash that Like button! [/YouTuber voice]

Last edited:
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
I think its very dangerous in right wing society, the government would find a way to open it up and push it towards people with mental health issues rather than fund treatment.

These governments would rather us be dead than take on the burden.

Legal assistance for suicide would lead to a massacre of the poor and sick.

Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
I think its very dangerous in right wing society, the government would find a way to open it up and push it towards people with mental health issues rather than fund treatment.

These governments would rather us be dead than take on the burden.

Legal assistance for suicide would lead to a massacre of the poor and sick.
Right, left, conservative, liberal, libertarian - it's all the same shit. Don't buy into it. You know what every single one has in common? The "leaders" all rise to the top and everyone else is fucked. They are all liars.

I want to be left alone. I don't care about all this race, class, gender, etc nonsense anymore. I'm fed up of all of it. But it's blasted every single day from media, normies, virtue signallers, nationalists, etc - all these people never shut the fuck up. No wonder I wanted to spend time with animals when I was young - one thing the way my brain was wired that I'd say was correct.

Edit: to clarify society has always been dangerous regardless of what stupid politcal
Ideology is in place.

E

EternalWinter

Bad company, ‘til the day I die
Apr 4, 2024
Honestly I would prefer suicide be somewhat disapproved of by the ruling class, even if it's solely from a labor pool perspective. Imagine if they began to endorse it, and what they would do to people who don't actually want to die.

Iamtired

Iamtired

Experienced
Sep 30, 2023
Honestly I would prefer suicide be somewhat disapproved of by the ruling class, even if it's solely from a labor pool perspective. Imagine if they began to endorse it, and what they would do to people who don't actually want to die.
Uhm. Aren't they already doing pretty bad things to people who want to live? What else could they possibly do? Pump them with medicine and tax them even more? 🤦🏻‍♀️

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Right, left, conservative, liberal, libertarian - it's all the same shit. Don't buy into it. You know what every single one has in common? The "leaders" all rise to the top and everyone else is fucked. They are all liars.

I want to be left alone. I don't care about all this race, class, gender, etc nonsense anymore. I'm fed up of all of it. But it's blasted every single day from media, normies, virtue signallers, nationalists, etc - all these people never shut the fuck up. No wonder I wanted to spend time with animals when I was young - one thing the way my brain was wired that I'd say was correct.

Edit: to clarify society has always been dangerous regardless of what stupid politcal
Ideology is in place.
This is well said! This is exactly why I don't really bother with politics as I know that it's all useless. I only see politics used as a tool to keep the masses from understanding the true issues in life and from rebelling against said issues. It's so bizarre as to how many people rely on politics to save their lives when it won't ever do anything positive for them

Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
This is well said! This is exactly why I don't really bother with politics as I know that it's all useless. I only see politics used as a tool to keep the masses from understanding the true issues in life and from rebelling against said issues. It's so bizarre as to how many people rely on politics to save their lives when it won't ever do anything positive for them
Abuse the fuck out of it and bleed it dry. I've played "by the book" for decades and it did nothing. Get government assistance and use it until there's no money left - which is inevitable - not enough new "tax payers and slaves" which is children, money printers going to break eventually, currency will be worthless (why do you think they are pushing this digital currency nonsense, it'll be social credit scoring like China), etc.

Once it's all done and there's nothing left - cope, die of starvation or the elements or CTB.

I don't understand how so many people are asleep and buy into this nonsense like it's going to change things. Absolute mass psychosis and delusion.