• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

M

mehdone

Mortician
Oct 10, 2023
I don't have any way to acquire either, unfortunately.

But if I put the neck on the tracks, the skull should remain intact after I am decapitated, no...?

Unless he decides to return and have a look after the corpse is found (after several days, I assume), there will be no way for him to know. Regardless, it's part of the job, and the government of the country I'm stuck in wants all "undesirables" dead, despite being unable to at least grow a spine and kill us all themselves, so it's not my issue. I have no other option, unfortunately.

There are no cliffs or ocean nearby, but there is a river just a few metres away from that railroad that almost no one visits in winter. Would that suffice?

I have none, fortunately, or at least none I'm aware of. Furthermore, none of my distant (or even most close) relatives would be able to identify me or the corpse regardless, as we've never met or known each other; I don't think they('ve) even heard about my existence at all.

I don't have those either (and no medical history or fingerprint records as well). Are there any other ways?

Thank you again!
Most trains have some sort of push bar or shield in front of them to clear the track. This is what is likely to hit you first, not the wheels. If the train is moving at a good speed, it should do a pretty good job of obliterating the head.

Conductors are aware of when they hit something, and they will have to stop and wait while an investigation is done.

If you could somehow ensure that your head landed in the river, that would suffice. They will go looking for your head though, so there's no promises there.

If you're an absolute ghost with no documented history of anything, no family or extended family, etc.- you're unlikely to be able to be identified. Most of us have a paper trail of some sort though.

M

mehdone

Mortician
Oct 10, 2023
Since the person you're responding to is willing to leave no trace of DNA or identification whatsoever, as many are on SS, i'm curious about the doability and efficiency of CTB'ing in a way that would allow the body to fall/slip entirely in hydrofluoric acid right after an instant death method that wouldn't scatter any flesh, blood or organs all over the place.

Let's say i plan on electrocuting myself to death with current powerful enough to kill me in a heartbeat; would there be any way for the authorities to recover any DNA if i managed to make my body fall in said acid and not being found within the next 24 hours ?
I don't think hydroflouric acid is strong enough to destroy dna, but it can degrade it over time. I could be wrong here, you'll want to research that.

It's near impossible to not leave any trace of dna. We're constantly dropping hairs, dead skin cells, breathing, etc.

See the article below, they can find dna after a casual walk on the beach.

The bigger question is if they will bother. That'll depend a lot on the location and situation. Some locations have departments that are dedicated to identifying Jane and John Does- some locations don't have the resources.
It's so nasty how little control we have in what happens after death. I know we'll be dead anyway, but it upsets me in life that there is no way to escape being perceived, even in death. Gotta have those insides looked at! I understand why at least some of the way it's done is probably a necessary evil, but I hate that there will be people making judgements about me even in death! This is yet another reason assisted suicide appeals to me. At least then there won't be an autopsy, right?
Whether or not there is an autopsy after an assisted suicide will depend on the laws and regulations of the location.

Some places that have legalized assisted suicide for the terminally ill actually require that the cause of death be stated as natural. In those locations, most likely the person would be on hospice care, and an autopsy wouldn't be required. Some locations may still require an autopsy.

G

greebo6

Enlightened
Sep 11, 2020
When its a hanging its apparently not visually good for the people who find a body.
One reason I have read for tis is that the bowels are evacuated.
So question - How long should/could person go without eating or drinking before hanging themselves to prevent this aspect of the after effects on/around the body ?

Reactions: ctvunny
voyager

voyager

Don't you dare go hollow...
Nov 25, 2019
When its a hanging its apparently not visually good for the people who find a body.
One reason I have read for tis is that the bowels are evacuated.
So question - How long should/could person go without eating or drinking before hanging themselves to prevent this aspect of the after effects on/around the body ?
You can empty your colon with laxatives, especially professional ones used in colonscopy for instance. Ofc on an empty stomach and no more eating. Takes about an evening and night (in the morning, not during) to flush it out. There truly won't be anything in there anymore (talking from experience here) but there'll most likely always be some urine in the bladder while the body is alive, thus you'd have to relieve yourself right before doing it, imho.

Last edited:
M

mehdone

Mortician
Oct 10, 2023
If you're trying to avoid the mess, you'd be better off wearing a diaper or putting some plastic on the ground below you.

Reactions: ctvunny
P

Pretty Persuasion

May 6, 2022
What a facisinating thread, thank you for doing this mehdone.

I know you said you're not a coroner but I'm hoping you can answer my question, I have a history of pelvic health issues that have been resolved by having a hysterectomy, I only have healthy ovaries left. If I choose to ctb, is there a way that I can I ensure that I will not have any kind of internal pelvic exam done on my dead body? Is there something I can do to prevent any doctors from violating my vagina one last time? A religious exclusion of some kind maybe? I know it's kind of irrational and it shouldn't matter but I've thought about this a lot.

Thanks again.

Reactions: notprettyenough
M

mehdone

Mortician
Oct 10, 2023
What a facisinating thread, thank you for doing this mehdone.

I know you said you're not a coroner but I'm hoping you can answer my question, I have a history of pelvic health issues that have been resolved by having a hysterectomy, I only have healthy ovaries left. If I choose to ctb, is there a way that I can I ensure that I will not have any kind of internal pelvic exam done on my dead body? Is there something I can do to prevent any doctors from violating my vagina one last time? A religious exclusion of some kind maybe? I know it's kind of irrational and it shouldn't matter but I've thought about this a lot.

Thanks again.
Unfortunately, no. If you ctb, you *will* be autopsied.

If it brings you any peace, know that the examination will done through your body cavity (chest/stomach, via the Y incision), not from the outside in.

CursedReality88

CursedReality88

May 23, 2023
If I am from the US, and I pass away in Mexico, is it possible to get them to send my body home back to the US? If so what should I do before I ctb?

Q

qsocdu

Oct 9, 2022
So you've personally dealt with SN deaths before? Are there signs of pain?

M

mehdone

Mortician
Oct 10, 2023
If I am from the US, and I pass away in Mexico, is it possible to get them to send my body home back to the US? If so what should I do before I ctb?
Yes, it is. You should purchase pre-arrangements that include international travel insurance to cover the costs of transporting your body back home.
So you've personally dealt with SN deaths before? Are there signs of pain?
No signs of pain, although that doesn't mean that they didn't experience it.
...why would I lay anything in front of train that has a cowcatcher? I will obviously choose one that doesn't have it (most trains here either don't or have ones that are high enough that one could sit/crouch under them).
So... Would putting the skull on the tracks be a good idea if it's just the wheels that would run over it?

There will be no impact and most likely no blood (as train wheels usually instantly cauterise any organic tissue they run through).

Oh, so that's an option at least, then. Thank you!

Huh, seems like I actually have nothing to worry about, then. That's rather surprising... As I have mentioned, I have no biometric data stored anywhere (or even collected, excluding blood tests before I was 19), no records of any kind past age 19, and the ones I did have (school and one psychiatric ward stay) were legally nullified/made invalid by the name change, no ID, the folder with my medical history (before 18; the only copy) is stored in my closet, I've never had a credit card or a bank account (or anything similar), never moved, never been abroad, never done anything else that requires having an ID, never shared my legal information online, never had friends and most of my relatives are either dead or not even aware of my existence (only two who are still alive would be able to identify me or the corpse, and I'll specifically instruct them not to; they are already aware of my intention to die and legally disappear and have no ability to stop me; the rest who may be aware of my existence don't even know any basic information about me like my age or sex).
Do you think I have everything covered or is there anything else that could make me or the corpse identifiable? Should I cut off the skin on its fingers just in case?
By the way, in cases where a corpse can be identified, what happens if the relatives of the deceased are either unable to identify him (had never met/known each other) or refuse to do so (due to living far away or for whatever other reason)? Or what if someone only met the (adult) deceased in his childhood and never after?
If a body is identified, but unclaimed, please see my earlier posts about what happens with unclaimed remains.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: qsocdu and Skathon
R

randal_bond

Me encantaria practicar ES con Hispanohablantes.
Oct 23, 2018
It's pretty easy to die accidentally via carelessness or bad life choices, or other folk's carelessness or bad life choices. Our bodies are remarkably fragile. It really doesn't take much to end life.

No, the average person doesn't expect to die that day- the exception there is hospice or suicide. Short of that, folks don't like to think about their death. That's a shame, because that means all planning ends up dumped on their family/loved ones.

Dying intentionally is a completely different story- overcoming SI is not easy. If it was, I wouldn't still be here.

Yup.

Your mouth will be open, your eyes will be open and faded, you'll likely have crapped and pissed yourself. There is no beautiful death, as far as the body afterwards. Death is not pretty.

I'm going to do my best to dissect this and answer your questions, please let me know if I miss something.

Notes don't matter, they have no legal effect. Medical staff needs to follow the laws of their location, and that is typically that all life saving measures are performed unless there is a Do Not Resuscitate on file. Emergency responders are likely to ignore a DNR unless you're on hospice and have a hospice nurse there advocating for you.

Even with a will stating you don't want your head buried with your body- in most locations *all* parts of your body that can be found will be required to be cremated or buried *together*. There's no real way around that other than the following:

If you have certain diseases like Alzheimer's, you can have your brain donated for research, and the rest of your body cremated or buried.

If you donate your body for "research", you might be more likely to have parts of you cremated separately. Keep in mind that donating to science doesn't always mean what folks think it does. A lot of times body parts will be sold for multiple different purposes- pick your donation carefully, and do some research on it. Most body donor programs have restrictions that may mean you are not a candidate.

If your head can be found with your body, they will be cremated or buried together.

If you choose cremation, hopefully the knowledge that your brain is completely burned will bring you some peace. Cremated remains are not soft tissue, all soft tissue is destroyed. This includes your brain and brain stem. Cremated remains are pulverized bone fragments- primarily calcium phosphate and sodium. Your brain and brain stem will have been burnt to nothing, and not be included in your cremated remains.

Consider cremation to be the separation of all soft tissue from your bones- with soft tissue being destroyed, and the remains of your bones being put into an industrial blender and ground up.

If a body cannot be identified, or if there is no one to claim it, then please see my previous posts about what happens to an unclaimed body.
My MIL has died. I can confirm that hospitals ignore DNR on file. MIL had a bad stroke and several years bed-bound previously. She really wanted to die and left DNR instructions in a legally correct way (I don't remember the procedure). Also, at the hospital she refused treatment. However, all the IVs were forced on her, and she had to fight the staff with her only functioning arm by hitting them and scratching them, ripping the IV line out repeatedly. They held her down as if she were mentally ill and delirious.

All our family kept saying that doctors should respect her wishes. One doctor agreed to leave her alone but then the doctor changed, and she started interpreting what MIL "must really have meant". We understood that she was covering her back. All this fighting and poor MIL fighting hard for her right to die as soon as her body would let her, was one of the most traumatic things I've seen. Nobody from the staff cared what she wanted or that DNR was in place. But after she pluck her iv out and shoved it into nurse's face, while bleeding out of catheter still inside her (if I remember it correctly), she was eventually left alone because "Now she made it clear that she didn't want any medical help". That's UK, by the way.

I may not remember everything correctly. So, if it sounds contradictory or hard to believe, please be assured that it's a real story but I might have confused or forgot some details. Just want to say that DNR will mean nothing in the UK and hospital staff will always cover their backs first.

M

mehdone

Mortician
Oct 10, 2023
My MIL has died. I can confirm that hospitals ignore DNR on file. MIL had a bad stroke and several years bed-bound previously. She really wanted to die and left DNR instructions in a legally correct way (I don't remember the procedure). Also, at the hospital she refused treatment. However, all the IVs were forced on her, and she had to fight the staff with her only functioning arm by hitting them and scratching them, ripping the IV line out repeatedly. They held her down as if she were mentally ill and delirious.

All our family kept saying that doctors should respect her wishes. One doctor agreed to leave her alone but then the doctor changed, and she started interpreting what MIL "must really have meant". We understood that she was covering her back. All this fighting and poor MIL fighting hard for her right to die as soon as her body would let her, was one of the most traumatic things I've seen. Nobody from the staff cared what she wanted or that DNR was in place. But after she pluck her iv out and shoved it into nurse's face, while bleeding out of catheter still inside her (if I remember it correctly), she was eventually left alone because "Now she made it clear that she didn't want any medical help". That's UK, by the way.

I may not remember everything correctly. So, if it sounds contradictory or hard to believe, please be assured that it's a real story but I might have confused or forgot some details. Just want to say that DNR will mean nothing in the UK and hospital staff will always cover their backs first.
Yeah, unfortunately this happens a lot, even with a valid dnr on file, and even with the appropriate bracelet and paperwork on hand.

R

randal_bond

Me encantaria practicar ES con Hispanohablantes.
Oct 23, 2018
Yeah, unfortunately this happens a lot, even with a valid dnr on file, and even with the appropriate bracelet and paperwork on hand.
So, there's no way to make sure that DNR wish will be respected? It reminds me how right of choice between death and life for yourself is condemned by society as immoral and not compatible with normal.

L

Ligottian

Warlock
Dec 19, 2021
How long does an embalmed body last? There are many different answers to this online.

M

mehdone

Mortician
Oct 10, 2023
So, there's no way to make sure that DNR wish will be respected? It reminds me how right of choice between death and life for yourself is condemned by society as immoral and not compatible with normal.
Not without someone there advocating for you and threatening legal action if they defy your DNR.

suicidalgirl96

suicidalgirl96

Oct 10, 2023
Unfortunately, no. If you ctb, you *will* be autopsied.

If it brings you any peace, know that the examination will done through your body cavity (chest/stomach, via the Y incision), not from the outside in.
Hey :) thank you for all the information you've shared in this thread. Your career is something that's always interested me.

Will an autopsy still be performed regardless even with evidence it was a suicide? I plan to leave a very detailed note to minimise anything my family might have to deal with. Sorry if this is a silly question!

M

mehdone

Mortician
Oct 10, 2023
How long does an embalmed body last? There are many different answers to this online.
Embalming is only a temporary preservation of the body.

It will last several years to decades, if the body was embalmed well.

Environmental factors play a key role here- for example, does the material or construction of the coffin/casket/outer burial container allow for the intrusion of ground water?
Hey :) thank you for all the information you've shared in this thread. Your career is something that's always interested me.

Will an autopsy still be performed regardless even with evidence it was a suicide? I plan to leave a very detailed note to minimise anything my family might have to deal with. Sorry if this is a silly question!
Yes, an autopsy will absolutely be performed if it was a suicide. It doesn't matter how obvious the cause of death is- even with a traumatic car accident, for example, most locations will require an autopsy for anyone who is not on a form of hospice care.

In some cases, if you die in a hospital, you may manage to sidestep an autopsy.

The purpose of an autopsy isn't just to determine the cause of death- it is also to investigate the death.

Last edited:
L

Ligottian

Warlock
Dec 19, 2021
Why do some embalmers say that embalming is only meant to last until after the funeral?

suicidalgirl96

suicidalgirl96

Oct 10, 2023
Embalming is only a temporary preservation of the body.

It will last several years to decades, if the body was embalmed well.

Environmental factors play a key role here- for example, does the material or construction of the coffin/casket/outer burial container allow for the intrusion of ground water?

Yes, an autopsy will absolutely be performed if it was a suicide. It doesn't matter how obvious the cause of death is- even with a traumatic car accident, for example, most locations will require an autopsy for anyone who is not on a form of hospice care.

In some cases, if you die in a hospital, you may manage to sidestep an autopsy.

The purpose of an autopsy isn't just to determine the cause of death- it is also to investigate the death.
Thank you for your answer!

Reactions: mehdone
M

mehdone

Mortician
Oct 10, 2023
Why do some embalmers say that embalming is only meant to last until after the funeral?
Because that is the sole goal of embalming- to make and keep you presentable through the viewing/funeral, so that those who would find some peace or closure in seeing you one last time can do so.

No one is going to see you once you're cremated or in the ground, unless there's a disinterment, but that's pretty rare.

Reactions: Skathon
bridgegirl

bridgegirl

life on the edge, I guess
Oct 16, 2023
I saw your answer to another question about a jumping death, and I've been putting off asking this but here we go I guess. Let's say, ya know, hypothetically, that you fall from 165 feet. Let's say the landing is on grass (I mean there's asphalt too but idk). Let's also just pretend you somehow manage to land on your head (for what it's worth, there have been no survivors at this location). I guess I want to know two things: do you die right away? And what, exactly, happens to your body - do you basically explode, or like.. what? I mean I mostly know, but every time I try to really look stuff up it just shows me falls from much shorter heights, or much larger. So I feel like the stuff I'm seeing is either too little or too much for the height mentioned.

M

mehdone

Mortician
Oct 10, 2023
I saw your answer to another question about a jumping death, and I've been putting off asking this but here we go I guess. Let's say, ya know, hypothetically, that you fall from 165 feet. Let's say the landing is on grass (I mean there's asphalt too but idk). Let's also just pretend you somehow manage to land on your head (for what it's worth, there have been no survivors at this location). I guess I want to know two things: do you die right away? And what, exactly, happens to your body - do you basically explode, or like.. what? I mean I mostly know, but every time I try to really look stuff up it just shows me falls from much shorter heights, or much larger. So I feel like the stuff I'm seeing is either too little or too much for the height mentioned.
This is going to be graphic, so don't read this if you're not prepared for it.

As long as you don't land feet first, which might cushion the blow enough for you to end up a vegetable or quadriplegic-

A fall from 165 feet should absolutely kill you.

Let's say you're 80kg (176 lbs). Your falling momentum from that height will be 2512.979 kg*m/s.

When you hit the ground, that is going to all stop at once. Death should be instantaneous. That doesn't mean you won't be terrified during the fall, but, you won't be able to stop it. If you've ever been in a car accident or experienced other major trauma- you know that seconds can feel like hours- perception of time changes during extreme stress. Bones will break. Organs will rupture. Skin will pop/tear. There will be some splatter. Ever seen a paintball hit a wall, or dropped a watermelon? The clothing chosen prior to jumping can help contain some of that mess- jean material, etc.

Limbs will be in an unnatural position, due to breaking/shattering bones.

You'll still be recognizable as a human, but certainly not recognizable as the human you were if you hit head first.

Last edited:
bridgegirl

bridgegirl

Oct 16, 2023

As long as you don't land feet first, which might cushion the blow enough for you to end up a vegetable or quadriplegic-

Let's say you're 80kg (176 lbs). Your falling momentum from that height will be 2512.979 kg*m/s.

When you hit the ground, that is going to all stop at once. Death should be instantaneous. That doesn't mean you won't be terrified during the fall, but, you won't be able to stop it. Bones will break. Organs will rupture. Skin will pop/tear. There will be some splatter. Ever seen a paintball hit a wall, or dropped a watermelon? The clothing chosen prior to jumping can help contain some of that mess- jean material, etc.

You'll still be recognizable as a human, but certainly not recognizable as the human you were if you hit head first.
Thank you so, so much. This is exactly what I have been trying so hard to find. I really appreciate your answer here and on this whole thread in general.

When you hit the ground, that is going to all stop at once. Death should be instantaneous. That doesn't mean you won't be terrified during the fall, but, you won't be able to stop it. Bones will break. Organs will rupture. Skin will pop/tear. There will be some splatter. Ever seen a paintball hit a wall, or dropped a watermelon? The clothing chosen prior to jumping can help contain some of that mess- jean material, etc.

I guess one more thing - at that height, does it matter so much if the landing is on grass vs. asphalt?

The landing on feet part is concerning, hopefully would pass out quickly if that happened.

Last edited:
M

mehdone

Mortician
Oct 10, 2023
Thank you so, so much. This is exactly what I have been trying so hard to find. I really appreciate your answer here and on this whole thread in general.

I guess one more thing - at that height, does it matter so much if the landing is on grass vs. asphalt?

The landing on feet part is concerning, hopefully would pass out quickly if that happened.
I'm glad to be of help, in whatever way that I can, and you're welcome.

At that height, landing on grass vs asphalt won't make a damn bit of difference. Personally, I'd probably still aim for the asphalt, but it won't matter.

• Informative
Reactions: Skathon
bridgegirl

bridgegirl

Oct 16, 2023
I'm glad to be of help, in whatever way that I can, and you're welcome.

At that height, landing on grass vs asphalt won't make a damn bit of difference. Personally, I'd probably still aim for the asphalt, but it won't matter.
Perfect. This grants me a sort of peace to know (the grass is a more private spot), thank you for that.

Reactions: mehdone
L

LaVieEnRose

Illuminated
Jul 23, 2022
I've been doing this for over a decade.
I've wanted to ctb pretty much constantly for over 2.5 decades.
Honestly, it helps a bit to not give into the want to die when you constantly see the effect death has on others.

My view on death is… well, it's damn final, and it hurts like hell for those left behind. That's not really shocking information. I can't say I'm numb to it now, but there does have to be some detachment in this profession.

The vast majority of colleagues and peers are respectful and professional. We do have a real dark sense of humor- it's part of how we deal with death every day. There are some of us who are burnt out and shouldn't be in the industry anymore. This is a profession that costs you personally. You don't make enough money to make up for the emotional, mental, physical, or life tolls.

This profession also takes you away from your family- because when someone dies, you need to be available. It doesn't matter if it's a birthday, anniversary, etc.

It's a real bitch, and I don't recommend it.

Suicides are a pretty low percentage of cases. I'd say well under 5%.
That's a very long time.

It doesn't sound like coming face to face with the finality of it and the premature termination of countless people's lives inspires you to strive to maximize your time here either.

A lot of people here express envy of the dead. Do you find any such feelings come up?

It really does sound like this job really can take a toll on your mental health when you already struggle with it. One of many jobs almost criminally undercompensated. Obviously you're weeded out really early if you lack the mental constitution for it but do you find there is enough support in place for the mental health of people in the death industry?

A

anxious_depressive

I'm in despair
Dec 21, 2021
Hi .

Have you encountered anything paranormal during your work?

Is it possible to be buried alive now ?
(that's one of my fears)

M

mehdone

Mortician
Oct 10, 2023
That's a very long time.

It doesn't sound like coming face to face with the finality of it and the premature termination of countless people's lives inspires you to strive to maximize your time here either.

A lot of people here express envy of the dead. Do you find any such feelings come up?

It really does sound like this job really can take a toll on your mental health when you already struggle with it. One of many jobs almost criminally undercompensated. Obviously you're weeded out really early if you lack the mental constitution for it but do you find there is enough support in place for the mental health of people in the death industry?
No, coming face to face with death regularly has not inspired me to maximize my time here. It has inspired me to try to appreciate the time that I have though- although mental illness certainly makes that difficult. I do try to appreciate what I can though.

There was one case that hit too close to home and made me think, "I don't want that to be me." I can't go into specifics, but it did cause me to start taking better care of my body and trying to get physically healthy for a bit, but it was short lived.

I don't know if I'm envious of the dead. I'm glad they're at peace, and I wish I was as well. Is that considered envy? There are certain causes of death where I do not envy them at all- because I know the pain it caused them. Sometimes in cases of accidental death, after speaking with their family and learning their life story, it's clear that they were the kind of person who actually enjoyed life- and that's tragic.

I think more than anything, I envy those who are (or at least seem capable of- I'm not in their mind and I don't know their personal struggles) capable of enjoying life, even thriving.

I wish I was capable of thriving, and enjoying, or even at least tolerating, life.

This profession will take a toll on your mental health even if you're not mentally ill. As I said previously, there are cases that impact you and stick with you forever. If you ask any mortician who has been doing this for a while about the cases that effected them the most, they will have a rather long list.

Unfortunately, they also won't be able to share details about them, other than vague generalities, because the privacy of the dead is important. So we just bottle it all up, and try to compartmentalize it the best we can.

No, there is not a lot of mental health support in the death industry. It's the same as with first responders and others who deal with tragedy every day- the most we have is maybe a "support line" to call. There is some movement towards more mental health support, and people are beginning to recognize the toll it takes- but primarily, we're just thanked for doing something that, "I certainly couldn't do", and then expected to be strong and not let it negatively effect us. In the profession itself, saying out loud that it's negatively effecting you will result in peers or colleagues thinking that you're not cut out for this.

We're not supposed to say it out loud. We're supposed to man or woman up, and grin and bear it.
Hi .

Have you encountered anything paranormal during your work?

Is it possible to be buried alive now ?
(that's one of my fears)
Nothing paranormal, although a lot of mortuaries are in very old buildings that make some strange sounds at times. :P

Some of those sounds might sound like a child's laughter, or someone running around on the floor above you when no one is up there. Old buildings settle, and old pipes and whatnot make odd noises. Given the location, it's hard to not take those natural sounds and ascribe them to something paranormal even though it's not the case.

No, there is absolutely no chance that you might be buried alive. There is paperwork/documentation, permits, and whatnot that needs to happen that extends the time between death and burial to the point that it is just not going to happen. When you're buried, you are dead.

There have been cases of people being found alive in a mortuary cooler after being pronounced dead by a hospital or nursing home. There have been cases where it was clear that someone actually died in the mortuary cooler, not prior to being put into it. These are extremely rare.

Regardless, by the time you're put into the ground, you will most certainly be dead.

There may be an exception to this in some cultures or religions where the body must be buried within a specific short timeframe.

If it brings you some peace, know that anyone who deals with the dead on a regular basis knows what a dead body looks and feels like, and if you happened to be alive when we placed you in your coffin or casket, we would certainly recognize it and call emergency services.

Last edited:
A

anxious_depressive

I'm in despair
Dec 21, 2021
Nothing paranormal, although a lot of mortuaries are in very old buildings that make some strange sounds at times. :P

Some of those sounds might sound like a child's laughter, or someone running around on the floor above you when no one is up there. Old buildings settle, and old pipes and whatnot make odd noises. Given the location, it's hard to not take those natural sounds and ascribe them to something paranormal even though it's not the case.

No, there is absolutely no chance that you might be buried alive. There is paperwork/documentation, permits, and whatnot that needs to happen that extends the time between death and burial to the point that it is just not going to happen. When you're buried, you are dead.

There have been cases of people being found alive in a mortuary cooler after being pronounced dead by a hospital or nursing home. There have been cases where it was clear that someone actually died in the mortuary cooler, not prior to being put into it. These are extremely rare.

Regardless, by the time you're put into the ground, you will most certainly be dead.

There may be an exception to this in some cultures or religions where the body must be buried within a specific short timeframe.

If it brings you some peace, know that anyone who deals with the dead on a regular basis knows what a dead body looks and feels like, and if you happened to be alive when we placed you in your coffin or casket, we would certainly recognize it and call emergency services.
Thank you for such a detailed reply 🤗.
It has calmed me down a bit.

Can I ask you one more question? )

I think I found a place to jump from.
It's a 25 story building with asphalt all around it.
Hopefully, that's high enough.

How do I land on my head?

I saw your answer in the thread that landing on your feet can make you a vegetable or paralyzed.

I had an experience of falling from a small height (about 1,5 meters) and I couldn't control my body.

Last edited: