• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

N

NambaSutra

Student
Mar 25, 2023
Plenty of rich people suicide, you see them in the news sometimes.

Reactions: y'ffre
aubrey!

aubrey!

internet angel
Mar 11, 2023
Gimme love and money.

Plenty of rich people suicide, you see them in the news sometimes.
it's different when you have hobbies that are expensive but also still require your own engagement and labour

Viranamari

Viranamari

A Future Corpse
Feb 22, 2023
Pets since they can provide emotional support and so that I can learn to take care of things. Also, I can get out of bed motivated. Human relationships might help but I never was too fond of those. Money is alright, I don't mind being middle class.

dingokettle3531

dingokettle3531

Mar 26, 2023
At this point I don't really know, everything I try just bores me out after a few weeks or days and come back to being sad and annoyed again. Maybe a girlfriend, or plenty of money, since I don't have either but eh, I don't expect much from either if I ever get them.

Turbo Lover

Turbo Lover

Mar 27, 2023
A cure for my aspergers, which has ruined my life

Ashu

Ashu

novelist, sanskritist, Canadian living in India
Nov 13, 2021
My lost youth.

P

pulsar

Feb 1, 2023
Yep… when I say I'm emotionally ripped apart, it means that I kind of see myself in them. Sometimes I talk to younger kids (or rather, teens) on discord and they vent about their life, I just felt so sad for them that their parents treat them badly or whatever else like struggles with studying. Sometimes some other people offer them advice and say stuff like, oh just change your perspective about your struggle with study, life is not all about school etc and I just feel like, sometimes it's not that deep and when someone is struggling, they literally may just need surface level help. So I give out stuff like study tips. I remember even tutoring a classmate once and helped them to score well for their finals in spite of their shitty mid term grades. Probably one of the proudest moments I felt in my life

Although I do feel satisfied with myself at those certain moments, ehhhhh I'm personally probably on the other side of the fence, I'm a big picture kind of person and sometimes miss out on small details (definitely not very grateful for them as well, I know there's stuff like gratitude exercises but honestly too sappy for me).

Well if you're already hitting the gym and having the right nutrition, then kudos to you! You're already one step ahead 😊

In the end the main issue (as with most other things) is money… sigh.
The root of all evil.
Connection, love and understanding. To give and receive love. I don't know why someone would consider ending their life if the had those things. It makes everything else endurable.

Toy

Toy

Let me out.
Mar 12, 2023
A pet, maybe a cat or a small dog. My own place, either on my own or just living with my significant other. A world where I can be seen as who I am and not constantly be reminded of what i'm not. Testosterone.

Ki_Nam

Ki_Nam

Slow brain turdle
Mar 23, 2023
amnesia. Only way to delete myself without dying.

jdog2498

jdog2498

Dec 8, 2022
Asking this because my normie non depressed friend keeps trying to say "find a meaning to live then" but I feel that the only thing I get really emotionally ripped apart by is thinking of other depressed people going through the same thoughts as me……

Personally, i would wish that quality (ie from doctors) therapy was more accessible (ie cheaper AND could be accessible like once a week or twice a month at least) for everyone who needs it. When I was a student, cost was a major prohibitive factor for me to seek therapy (basically my parents didn't care, and while my school had free therapy, the waiting list was horrendously long. Plus this mental health record will be accessible to faculty in the school, oh joy.) but ofc I'm just saying and have no clue how to even go about this because of capitalistic society, how economies work and yada yada

Tldr: title.
financial independence, wife, successful career, lots of money

Unhumanly.

Unhumanly.

disappear, unseen and unknown
Feb 24, 2023
I want to move out to a new place where the people can just at least be understanding of my condition, a place where I was being made sure i could reach help anytime I want without doubt or feeling shame

I'm okay with people not being too friendly to me
yep, you can see, it sounds like I've lowered my standard much,
I mean as long they didn't make an unnecessary interaction or disturbing me, I'm really okay with that, it's really what I want

I wished people can understand I need to be left alone sometimes but that doesn't mean they should abandon me fully to the point that nobody will be there when I need to reach for some help

and I'm not even taking the choice to ask help first if I think I could do it by myself, the first thought I have in my mind when I'm faced with a struggle is to make sure I am able to do it independently without bothering people

because I really hate to bother people too, probably because I hate that if I do, I worry it will lead me to some interaction I didn't want to happen at the first place

uudz

uudz

Mar 27, 2023
Find a meaning in life eh...

After all of this time holding this though to suicide, i finally accept it that this is the only thing that i have to do.

Well, maybe if there's someone who i really love and really love me back, might help.
But i doubt it anyway, cause i never find one.

P

Priest_Arthur

Mar 28, 2023
Asking this because my normie non depressed friend keeps trying to say "find a meaning to live then" but I feel that the only thing I get really emotionally ripped apart by is thinking of other depressed people going through the same thoughts as me……

Personally, i would wish that quality (ie from doctors) therapy was more accessible (ie cheaper AND could be accessible like once a week or twice a month at least) for everyone who needs it. When I was a student, cost was a major prohibitive factor for me to seek therapy (basically my parents didn't care, and while my school had free therapy, the waiting list was horrendously long. Plus this mental health record will be accessible to faculty in the school, oh joy.) but ofc I'm just saying and have no clue how to even go about this because of capitalistic society, how economies work and yada yada

If I felt like I was worth anything. If I had confidence and could escape my anxiety.

Galileo3630

Galileo3630

Tsundere
Mar 22, 2023
I've recently been playing Red Dead Redemption 2 and the scenery, the atmosphere the characters live in, the adventures they go on, that's what I want.. I want it so bad, riding on my horse with a decked out saddle, hunting animals and feeding my family or friends with the food I caught and cooked. Sounds so peaceful..

I

inpursuitofpeace

Jan 4, 2023
Ha

Tldr: title
Happiness and a stress free life are the biggest things. I wish I didn't have chronic illnesses, that I could afford to live, I had adequate access to frequent medical care, that I could actually get the help to treat my medical conditions, that I didn't live in a society that takes pride in burn-out with no self care or work-life balance. It makes it so much harder for those who are struggling and can barely function.

M

marudekinoumitai

Mar 28, 2023
A relationship. My only experience was that I dated a guy for a week and a half about two years ago. When I think about how great it felt just cuddling on his couch it makes me want to CTB right then and there tbh. I'm so ugly and mentally ill that I have nothing to offer anyone, and it feels like such an easy fix that's always out of reach. Life really isn't fair.

TheLakesKrueguer

TheLakesKrueguer

Mar 5, 2023

Go back in time and change a lot of stuff...

TG_

TG_

Mar 9, 2023
if I had like 100k I could set up a life worth living I am trying to make this a reality now but with my deppression and lack of idk drive or something I am really struggling to get out of bed

maybemonday

maybemonday

surviving but not thriving
Mar 28, 2023
I think having one, single friend would be very much beneficial to me. The last time I had a healthy friendship I was twelve.

huntergirl14

huntergirl14

Mar 15, 2023
support, love, care, acceptance, no judgement.

squidkid

squidkid

Mar 13, 2023
I just wish I had access to good reliable therapy, or someone I could regularly talk to. I feel like I've been left alone. people say "talk with your friends" "share how you're feeling with them" but what nobody seems to realise is that it doesn't actually work like that irl. people treat you like a freak if you're honest with them about wanting to ctb/sh/starve/etc. I just want somebody who understands. so I guess money so I could get that therapy but yeah idk. I keep thinking like, "once I achieve *thing* I'll feel better" but it doesn't seem to go like that... bluuhhh sorry got my boring essay x

doomerdoll

doomerdoll

Mar 30, 2023
In an ideal world, therapy would be accessible and affordable. Sadly, this world is not ideal. That doesn't mean we can't partake in activities that are therapeutic for us, and help us break free from all the monotony.
i often think about connecting more with the people around me, i am a shut out junkie with no friends, but i feel like if i ever had a bunch of people who truely understand me and formed closer bonds, things might get a little better for me. but tbh i dont see that happening anytime soon lol

Hitakiri

Hitakiri

Melancholy
Mar 20, 2023
i often think about connecting more with the people around me, i am a shut out junkie with no friends, but i feel like if i ever had a bunch of people who truely understand me and formed closer bonds, things might get a little better for me. but tbh i dont see that happening anytime soon lol
There's no time limit. Reply, send a few more posts. You'll unlock the chat feature at the top right and can join the chat room, or even message people privately if you'd like. You can join the chat, get to know people, speak your mind, form connections. If that's what you find may improve your lot in life, it's something absolutely within reach. I hope you find what you're looking for.

• Love
Reactions: doomerdoll
doomerdoll

doomerdoll

Mar 30, 2023
There's no time limit. Reply, send a few more posts. You'll unlock the chat feature at the top right and can join the chat room, or even message people privately if you'd like. You can join the chat, get to know people, speak your mind, form connections. If that's what you find may improve your lot in life, it's something absolutely within reach. I hope you find what you're looking for.
yeah i am really looking forward to unlocking that feature! ill keep up, thanks man

• Hugs
Reactions: Hitakiri
redbathingduck

redbathingduck

Student
Mar 20, 2023
There's no time limit.

I could be wrong but I do believe that you have to have been a member for at least 24 hours. I posted quite a lot on my first day (~20 posts) but didn't unlock it until the next day