• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alchemist

Alchemist

Warlock
Apr 3, 2019
Lets report her posts on Facebook!! There's to much publicity
I advise against that, it could create a Streissand effect.

Reactions: Circles, GeorgeJL, Deleted member 4288 and 3 others
M

Mstrflshr

hangman
Mar 12, 2019
If i get it right, there will be something on ABC27 news tonight about the site.
is there a datadump to download just in case?

• Wow
Reactions: Circles and LastFlowers
T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018
People are also referring to other people in this forum, suffering from depression etc as perpetrators of a crime and saying we should all be 'traced and held accountable'.
Are they speaking of specific people here? If so, would you mind posting who? (I don't have FB access.) Is there any thread that links them together --method, etc.-- or are the FB'ers just lashing out generally?

T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018
I have some prints of the thread not sure if allowed to post here, one women is lashing out naming the person who runs this site apparently, she's also watching this thread
No, no need to post screenshots. I was merely curious if this was some sort of organized effort to make trouble for those whom the FB'ers deem especially lethal <gasp!>, or those who directly interacted with kakabushi, or specifically those who provided details for her method, or just lashing out in general.

I feel bad for the family. It may be that they can't yet bring themselves to look in the mirror, and can only scream out the window instead, but that doesn't make their loss any easier to bear.

Reactions: Soul
M

Mbound

Experienced
Apr 29, 2019
I just want to reiterate for any family members or friends of hers that may be watching this thread--

What happened to your loved one was a tragedy.

There is absolutely no "victory" here for anyone. We are in very similar situations to your loved one and our families may very well go through the exact same things you're feeling right now one day. Depression can be just as much of a terminal illness as cancer, and the pain from it can be beyond what any human being can stand. Trust me, I have experienced some pretty ghastly physical pain in my life and it's never come close to the raw terror of suicidal depression. It's something that can't be fully understood unless you yourself have experienced it.

I sincerely wish things turned out very differently for your loved one, for all of us, and for you. I understand why you blame this site and its users, I understand it perfectly though I don't agree, and I wish for you all to find peace one day.

Last edited:
Reactions: manwewaslonely, esclava, Tortured_empath and 6 others
H

hamednova

I did it for the lulzs
Apr 22, 2019
Yup, it's all over the mother's Facebook page now. This site is on the news. The family is even in the news speaking about it and how the site caused her daughter to take action (aka CTB) in her depressive state.
Now I'm really concerned for this place.
Wait really, i didn't know it would go viral. People off themselfs all the time. No idea why this one is "special" to the media.
Edit: its not viral but close to it. Woah.

Last edited:
Reactions: Circles
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
Wait really, i didn't go it would go viral. People off themselfs all the time. No idea why this one is "special" to the media.
Edit: its not viral but close to it. Woah.
They did not name the site though. said it was so that more people would not be made aware of it and would not come here.

Lush_nova

Lush_nova

Self Destruct Activated
May 16, 2019
No, no need to post screenshots. I was merely curious if this was some sort of organized effort to make trouble for those whom the FB'ers deem especially lethal <gasp!>, or those who directly interacted with kakabushi, or specifically those who provided details for her method, or just lashing out in general.

I feel bad for the family. It may be that they can't yet bring themselves to look in the mirror, and can only scream out the window instead, but that doesn't make their loss any easier to bear.

They are hell bent on getting this site known and removed, and anyone seen encouraging suicide apparently need to be spoken to by officials and dealt with as an accessory to some one CTB. This is just a very brief rundown of a very long thread that has over 200 shares
They did not name the site though. said it was so that more people would not be made aware of it and would not come here.
The sites name is al over fb though and being linked constantly

LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
They are hell bent on getting this site known and removed, and anyone seen encouraging suicide apparently need to be spoken to by officials and dealt with as an accessory to some one CTB. This is just a very brief rundown of a very long thread that has over 200 shares

The sites name is al over fb though and being linked constantly
Yea I also just realized that the news staff allowed a screenshot with the name of the website while simultaneously stating they would not name it.
It literally says welcome to SS

Reactions: Circles and Kaladin
WinterIsComing

WinterIsComing

Fragile...
May 27, 2019
*is on the abc news already

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Hmph!
Reactions: Cevapcici, esclava, Meretlein and 10 others
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
I wasn't going to say anything more,
and it is an absolute shame that this discussion has to be had over the death of a human being, but things have gotten out of hand.

If the family/friends are watching this thread, I hope they can come to realize that their daughter/loved one is not the only person suffering in the world and a lot people here are ironically still alive because this site exists.
She said her daughter told her she didn't really want to die, she just didn't want to live.
Well gosh, I can't count how many times I've said the same thing.
It does not mean I want my only escape taken away, it does not mean death is not the lesser "evil" in my-or anyone's-situation.
Any "preventive" measures taken against me to "save my life" have only stripped me of any freedom I have left and caused my pain and isolation to multiply and worsen.

There's a lot of loved ones on this site.
There's a lot of daughters on this site.
I'm a daughter.
There's also sons, wives, husbands, mothers, fathers, cousins, aunts, uncles, friends, brothers, sisters, you name it. Even parents who lost their children.
We are all suffering here.

You shut this site down, and you can join the group of people you refer to as murderers. You take away one of the only places people like us don't have to stifle our voices.
Your daughter sought out and joined this community. She was a 25 year old adult woman. She was undoubtedly young but was not a minor with an underdeveloped prefrontal cortex. This was not a sudden development (that much is even made clear in the news report).
No one pushed her to take her life. No one here murdered her.
From what I saw, there was only respect for your loved one's decision, perhaps even a soft acquiescence-but we are not here to judge.
You are attacking people who share a great deal with your child. People who are here for the same reasons.
No one can fault your grief but you want to take unwarranted revenge on innocent people.

There are comments calling everyone here creeps, aholes, dark, sickening, horrible, awful, shameful, working for the devil, s**t, evil, idiots, murderers, criminals, and asked why we are on this site if we aren't committing suicide ourselves.
I take these straight from the Facebook comments.
Do you realize that not even a week ago, your loved one would be included in that category of horrible names that not a single person here would ever dare refer to your loved one as.
You are gathering a conglomerate of bullies. This site literally bans people who bully others.

When I see all these posts, when I see Facebook, I see a lot of people who paint a pretty picture, and maybe even live one. Having no idea what it takes to end up where we all have.
These are the people who want to cause destruction to each and every person on this site.
They destroy things that they do not understand. A cliched truth.
If any site should be at fault for "encouraging" anyone to take their lives, it should be social media as a whole. Facebook, in particular.
That is the real cess pool.
I have members of my family who joined and still would refer to it as such.

Please focus on the memory of your child and stop turning it into a publicity stunt. Cherry picking and omitting the full picture. Focus on the reasons she did what she did-which were there before she ever knew this site existed- and not the places or people she turned to.
You are not helping or saving anyone.
You are hurting people. You are cutting off a life-line. Yes, a LIFE-line.
Do you realize there's a tag for thread titles here, marked RECOVERY?
Some people actually use this site as a rotating door back into a state of hope for life. Something suicide hotlines, "preventive" charities, and all the psych meds and doctors in the world could not give them.
But not everyone's situations can change.
Hope does not, in fact, spring eternal.
Nor do the positive turns in the journey of life.

This site isn't for everyone. There is plenty of 'help' out there for people who want it.
I, for one, couldn't even find this site before sifting and digging through endless search results which were headed with the number for a suicide hotline. Or were anti-suicide in general.
Your loved one would have had to have gone through the same to ever reach here.

I think what's happening with this witch hunt against this place is morally and ethically unsound. And ultimately detrimental to a lot of people who find relief here.
It's also important enough that I comment about it, even with reluctance regarding the uncertainty of what's going to happen and how the community will be affected. Including, myself.
If my words-for any reason-endanger this site, I have no problem with my reply being obliterated. I am unsure what is allowed or appropriate anymore when it comes to this topic.

I don't think I will speak any more on it here, because grief can be as blind and selfish as rage-which is totally acceptable and understandable in a vacuum, but not at all righteous nor honorable when used in a senseless fight to win the battle while both sides lose the war.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: littlelady774, Mylifeispointless, BaconCheeseburger and 47 others
Chalken

Chalken

Decaying
Nov 20, 2018
I wasn't going to say anything more,
and it is an absolute shame that this discussion has to be had over the death of a human being, but things have gotten out of hand.

If the family/friends are watching this thread, I hope they can come to realize that their daughter/loved one is not the only person suffering in the world and a lot people here are ironically still alive because this site exists.
She said her daughter told her she didn't really want to die, she just didn't want to live.
Well gosh, I can't count how many times I've said the same thing.
It does not mean I want my only escape taken away, it does not mean death is not the lesser "evil" in my-or anyone's-situation.
Any "preventive" measures taken against me to "save my life" have only stripped me of any freedom I have left and caused my pain and isolation to multiply and worsen.

There's a lot of loved ones on this site.
There's a lot of daughters on this site.
I'm a daughter.
There's also sons, wives, husbands, mothers, fathers, cousins, aunts, uncles, friends, brothers, sisters, you name it. Even parents who lost their children.
We are all suffering here.

You shut this site down, and you can join the group of people you refer to as murderers. You take away one of the only places people like us don't have to stifle our voices.
Your daughter sought out and joined this community. She was a 25 year old adult woman. She was undoubtedly young but was not a minor with an underdeveloped prefrontal cortex. This was not a sudden development (that much is even made clear in the news report).
No one pushed her to take her life. No one here murdered her.
From what I saw, there was only respect for your loved one's decision, perhaps even a soft acquiescence-but we are not here to judge.
You are attacking people who share a great deal with your child. People who are here for the same reasons.
No one can fault your grief but you want to take unwarranted revenge on innocent people.

There are comments calling everyone here creeps, aholes, dark, sickening, horrible, awful, shameful, working for the devil, s**t, evil, idiots, murderers, criminals, and asked why we are on this site if we aren't committing suicide ourselves.
I take these straight from the Facebook comments.
Do you realize that not even a week ago, your loved one would be included in that category of horrible names that not a single person here would ever dare refer to your loved one as.
You are gathering a conglomerate of bullies. This site literally bans people who bully others.

When I see all these posts, when I see Facebook, I see a lot of people who paint a pretty picture, and maybe even live one. Having no idea what it takes to end up where we all have.
These are the people who want to cause destruction to each and every person on this site.
They destroy things that they do not understand. A cliched truth.
If any site should be at fault for "encouraging" anyone to take their lives, it should be social media as a whole. Facebook, in particular.
That is the real cess pool.
I have members of my family who joined and still would refer to it as such.

Please focus on the memory of your child and stop turning it into a publicity stunt. Cherry picking and omitting the full picture. Focus on the reasons she did what she did-which were there before she ever knew this site existed- and not the places or people she turned to.
You are not helping or saving anyone.
You are hurting people. You are cutting off a life-line. Yes, a LIFE-line.
Do you realize there's a tag for thread titles here, marked RECOVERY?
Some people actually use this site as a rotating door back into a state of hope for life. Something suicide hotlines, "preventive" charities, and all the psych meds and doctors in the world could not give them.
But not everyone's situations can change.
Hope does not, in fact, spring eternal.
Nor do the positive turns in the journey of life.

This site isn't for everyone. There is plenty of 'help' out there for people who want it.
I, for one, couldn't even find this site before sifting and digging through endless search results which were headed with the number for a suicide hotline. Or were anti-suicide in general.
Your loved one would have had to have gone through the same to ever reach here.

I think what's happening with this witch hunt against this place is morally and ethically unsound. And ultimately detrimental to a lot of people who find relief here.
It's also important enough that I comment about it, even with reluctance regarding the uncertainty of what's going to happen and how the community will be affected. Including, myself.
If my words-for any reason-endanger this site, I have no problem with my reply being obliterated. I am unsure what is allowed or appropriate anymore when it comes to this topic.

I don't think I will speak any more on it here, because grief can be as blind and selfish as rage-which is totally acceptable and understandable in a vacuum, but not at all righteous nor honorable when used in a senseless fight to win the battle while both sides lose the war.
Couldn't agree more. I just saw the news report and the TV news host says that they believe she was murdered (by us apparently). This is infuriating. For fuck's sake they even mentioned that she had several mental illnesses like MDD, Agoraphobia and anxiety. How can they be so narrow-minded and deluded to believe that we're the problem here? This site does not encourage suicide, as the girl's parents like to believe. It just offers support, and provides help on how to go peacefully. I'm positive that if she'd posted about her struggles somewhere else, and she probably did, she would've just gotten empty platitudes in return.

• Wow
Reactions: ithappens, Mylifeispointless, Cevapcici and 12 others
ExitTheDay

ExitTheDay

We fight to live or live to die
May 26, 2019
Out of all places, Facebook? Are you kidding? I've seen hundereds of people on there encouraging other people to CTB and seen nothing done about it

Reactions: StillWaiting, Dead beat dad, LastFlowers and 2 others
omoidarui

omoidarui

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Apr 30, 2019
does anyone have a link to the news report?

Reactions: Circles and About_to_Go
omoidarui

omoidarui

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Apr 30, 2019
They actually included a post in the broadcast which contains particulars of a suicide method for everyone to see and utilise if they wished...?

It even describes the regime.

Guess these reporters can be held accountable for assisted suicide then with their primitive logic.

Reactions: Egddios, Mylifeispointless, thishappened and 12 others
RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
I'm literally shaking my head at this news report.

Reactions: Dead beat dad, LastFlowers, Ivenocare and 2 others
tomz323

tomz323

Walking to the bus stop
Mar 29, 2019
If any family member of the girl is reading this. Then I too am sorry for your loss, suicide IS always tragic. But understand that most of us on here just want a way out too. This website is mainly used as a haven and a safe place for others suffering. Personally I find comfort on here, this is the only place I've found with other like minded individuals.

Reactions: Mylifeispointless, Cevapcici, 6000qqq and 10 others
Alchemist

Alchemist

Warlock
Apr 3, 2019
I'm literally shaking my head at this news report.
True. Imagine being so petty and vindictive that you need to destroy the only safe space many people have through disingenious means just because you cannot respect their freedom to do with their body and lives what they please.

Last edited:
Reactions: littlelady774, Mylifeispointless, Circles and 8 others
T

Tally

Student
Apr 29, 2019
I'm sorry but my view is different. The family are not being vindictive, or trying to destroy something, they are GRIEVING for a loved one. I have said it previously, that so many people on here get desperate/angry/annoyed etc, because those who are not suicidal cannot understand their feelings or point of view, it is therefore hypocrisy to not accept that those who are not suicidal, may have a different opinion that you cannot understand

Reactions: Circles, thishappened, Horribleeverything and 7 others
O

OfficerK

Experienced
May 6, 2018
I'm sorry but my view is different. The family are not being vindictive, or trying to destroy something, they are GRIEVING for a loved one. I have said it previously, that so many people on here get desperate/angry/annoyed etc, because those who are not suicidal cannot understand their feelings or point of view, it is therefore hypocrisy to not accept that those who are not suicidal, may have a different opinion that you cannot understand
I would agree had they not slandered the members of this forum by claiming that they encourage people to kill themselves.

Reactions: Circles, esclava, LastFlowers and 6 others
T

Tally

Student
Apr 29, 2019
I would agree had they not slandered the members of this forum by claiming that they encourage people to kill themselves.

Again, a perfectly acceptable grieving response, it's not personal, it's raw emotion

Reactions: Cevapcici, Circles, thishappened and 4 others
O

OfficerK

Experienced
May 6, 2018
Again, a perfectly acceptable grieving response
Understandable and common, perhaps. But not acceptable. Most of the blame should be directed towards the TV station that decided to platform these allegations, given that they're not under the influence of grief.

Reactions: Cevapcici, Circles, NoOneKnows and 8 others
WolfgangA

WolfgangA

Devil’s Advocate
Apr 9, 2019
I would like to give this a try. To Anyone interested in this little place, if possible try to keep an open mind.

In words of Ernest Hemingway: "I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen."

Reactions: Egddios, Circles, LastFlowers and 2 others
Superfluous

Superfluous

Mar 16, 2019
I don't want to get involved in this discussion as I don't know all the facts and refuse to look at the media links. However, I do believe @Tally has a valid point regarding the grieving process the family are currently experiencing.

Reactions: Circles and ImpendingExit45
WolfgangA

WolfgangA

Devil’s Advocate
Apr 9, 2019
With TV media in the equation there is a good enough chance that people who lost someone in similar scenario and pro-life and/or other opportunists will piggy back on this. I fear for this places survival.

My intention isn't to spread panic but regardless if anyone feels so, I really am sorry.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mylifeispointless, Circles, LastFlowers and 3 others
S

soda_pressed

Experienced
Apr 8, 2019
On one hand I understand that the family are grieving, but attacking the website isn't the right thing to do.

As a lot of people have said above, many people who are suicidal, actually use this website to talk with like-minded individuals.
I've also seen multiple people post and say that by being able to talk about their feelings on here, they don't feel suicidal anymore and have turned their lives around. Not one of the comments was unsupportive. This is a safe space, and whilst there are a small amount trolls on here, they get banned immediately.

Whilst for me I cannot fix my issues and will ctb soon, I would have suicidal thoughts, with or without SS. I have no one else to talk to in real life about this, and I am so grateful for the support that I have received on this forum.

Banning this website is a bit like the war on drugs and abortion.
Drugs are illegal, yet places that decriminalise drugs (Portugal, the Netherlands) all have lower rates of usage and lower rates of harm from drug use.
Same thing with abortion.
When abortion was made illegal, it did not stop making people having abortions. It just made them unsafe, and women die as a result of unsafe practises.

My point is, banning this website won't get rid of suicidal people.
By banning this site, it will not stop people committing suicide. All it will do is drive people underground, without a space to talk about their feelings.

Last edited:
Reactions: ybredybred, GoingSoonish, Tabbyql and 14 others
Status
Not open for further replies.