• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

darksideofthebright

darksideofthebright

Check in on your happy friend
Nov 10, 2020
I'm glad he had you to be there for him in his last moments. What did his last text say, as in the last one that made sense? I hope it was over quickly for him and that he didn't suffer.
The last text that made sense to me sent from him said "very warm and restless". I think it was over fairly quickly for him. However, it was just text correspondences so I'm not 100% sure.

S

Sakura94

empty
Nov 26, 2020
I'm glad he took the easy method. The ricin one sounded horrific.
Sad to see him go but it's what he wanted. I felt guilty if I felt like I was dissuasive with him but so many of his replies seemed like it was from strong outward pressure to ctb before a certain date and I hate that IE: someone/something else pressuring you into it. His problems are over and he is at peace now. :heart:

Last edited:
E

Endeavour

Mage
Dec 13, 2020
Do you mind if I ask if he experienced any nausea or vomiting, and whether he drank 2 glasses or just the 1 glass?

Thanks. I promise not to ask any more questions, I feel bad asking at all.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game
E

Endeavour

Mage
Dec 13, 2020
I am sad, but it sounds like this is what he desperately wanted, so I only hope his final moments weren't too painful or unbearable :'(
It sounds for most people like they pass out / become unconscious after some slight discomfort. Hopefully then they don't know anything at all.

I hope that's what it's like anyway since it's how I'm going to ctb.

muffin222

muffin222

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2020
It sounds for most people like they pass out / become unconscious after some slight discomfort. Hopefully then they don't know anything at all.

I hope that's what it's like anyway since it's how I'm going to ctb.

I agree. Unconsciousness seems to set in at around 20 minutes for most people, which, in the grand scheme, doesn't sound too horrendous to me. Everyone's body is different, though, so there's no way to fully predict how the SN will impact you until you ingest it.

E

Endeavour

Mage
Dec 13, 2020
I agree. Unconsciousness seems to set in at around 20 minutes for most people, which, in the grand scheme, doesn't sound too horrendous to me. Everyone's body is different, though, so there's no way to fully predict how the SN will impact you until you ingest it.
I'm hoping to be out in 5 minutes like LetzteAusfahrt.

I've noticed a few people who suddenly passed out were having a cigarette - I wonder if that has an impact, like if the CO in the cigarette reduces blood oxygen even faster?

S

Sakura94

empty
Nov 26, 2020

The reports are that the next they remember is waking up in hospital with everything else missing when they have to be told they were found crashed on the ground or something. I'll try to pull up the posts later.
There is possibly consciousness as long as there is some level of brain activity. People under general anesthetic often recall sounds and that is lower than usual brain activity. But it seems there isn't sustained memory of the experience so it's the easiest way out.

justanotherstar

justanotherstar

Life: you can’t fire me, I quit.
Nov 23, 2020
Dear friend, I'm so sorry that you had to go, I wish there was another way but I knew all along you had to go. It didn't stop me caring for you. Thank you for being there for me when the sky was caving in. You never really believed that people cared but I hope now you see that you were loved. I'm glad you have finally found your peace. I'm sorry this world was so painful and it let you down. You deserved better. Travel well my friend

J

justsad&done

Visionary
Nov 11, 2020
I would have updated yesterday, but I was just not in the right headspace to be here on SS as Gromit's death has been having an impact on me (and I believe some/many others as well). However, here's what I had from the correspondences with him via texts.

Before taking SN at 12:12am (all timestamps listed are in UK timezone), he told me he wasn't talking to anyone apart from me and another SS member. Prior to taking it, he followed his stated regimen and felt really calm and at ease with everything.

Gromit mixed the SN at around 11:50pm, had the first taste at 12:12am saying that it was salty and he continued to update with short texts fairly often until 12:22am. During this time, he mentioned restlessness, slightly racing pulse, salty burps, sleepiness, and warmth. The last text that made sense was at 12:27am and the final text message I got from him was 12:36am.

I tried to get in touch a few more times but he wasn't responding, and I think he's gone by then. Gromit has been really desperate to leave this cold cruel world and hearing his stories really broke my heart. As OP is no longer here, I hope the mod can cross his name out in the next 24-48 hours. I hope he's found the peace he so deserved.
Take care of yourself @darksideofthebright . You were a good friend when he needed it most. Hugs

darksideofthebright

darksideofthebright

Check in on your happy friend
Nov 10, 2020
Do you mind if I ask if he experienced any nausea or vomiting, and whether he drank 2 glasses or just the 1 glass?

Thanks. I promise not to ask any more questions, I feel bad asking at all.
He didn't mention the second glass at all, so I made the assumption that it was just 1 glass for him. He did have some AE with him so I doubt he needed the second glass.

BluesRunTheGame

BluesRunTheGame

Blackpilled
Dec 15, 2020
Hey so I might be new here but I totally had what I felt was a decent (if brief) correspondence with a fellow sufferer, i.e. Mr Gromit-CTB. I mean wow what a decent fucking dude. I'm so happy I think he's found peace now. I mean I really hope he has. No one seemed to crave or deserve it more.

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
I would have updated yesterday, but I was just not in the right headspace to be here on SS as Gromit's death has been having an impact on me (and I believe some/many others as well). However, here's what I had from the correspondences with him via texts.

Before taking SN at 12:12am (all timestamps listed are in UK timezone), he told me he wasn't talking to anyone apart from me and another SS member. Prior to taking it, he followed his stated regimen and felt really calm and at ease with everything.

Gromit mixed the SN at around 11:50pm, had the first taste at 12:12am saying that it was salty and he continued to update with short texts fairly often until 12:22am. During this time, he mentioned restlessness, slightly racing pulse, salty burps, sleepiness, and warmth. The last text that made sense was at 12:27am and the final text message I got from him was 12:36am.

I tried to get in touch a few more times but he wasn't responding, and I think he's gone by then. Gromit has been really desperate to leave this cold cruel world and hearing his stories really broke my heart. As OP is no longer here, I hope the mod can cross his name out in the next 24-48 hours. I hope he's found the peace he so deserved.
Yes he was also in touch with me, was long night for me. But I know this is what he wanted. So I got the honour of staying with him in his last moments. Still miss him, despite the fact we never met. I do have a pic of him. He sent me one. Rip hun. Hugs

E

Endeavour

Mage
Dec 13, 2020
Yes he was also in touch with me, was long night for me. But I know this is what he wanted. So I got the honour of staying with him in his last moments. Still miss him, despite the fact we never met. I do have a pic of him. He sent me one. Rip hun. Hugs
He was definitely in a lot of emotional pain, I thought his attempt with the ricin because he couldn't wait for the SN showed now tormented he was. I was very worried for him when he did that, thought he might have really messed himself up.

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
He was definitely in a lot of emotional pain, I thought his attempt with the ricin because he couldn't wait for the SN showed now tormented he was. I was very worried for him when he did that, thought he might have really messed himself up.
Yes, the ricin, he was such in a hrurry cause he would be homeless soon. Miss my grumpy dog, used to call him that all the time as a sweet term,

Reactions: Endeavour