F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I think the true purpose of psych drugs is to depopulate and kill off as many people as possible. This article explains the higher death rates among people on psych pills.I was convinced in my 20's that I was mentally ill but I was just traumatized by child abuse and neglect. Instead of helping people overcome childhood trauma and discouraging child abuse they put people on dangerous drugs that shorten and destroy lives.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wayfaerer
J

Jengator

Student
Sep 24, 2019
I believe a focus on medications led to my health being ruined. Psychiatry was part of it. I never realized I was in a system that wanted me sick disguised as trying to get me well. It's criminal.

Reactions: Final Escape
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I believe a focus on medications led to my health being ruined. Psychiatry was part of it. I never realized I was in a system that wanted me sick disguised as trying to get me well. It's criminal.
Yea being put on speed for ADD really harmed me and I stayed on them for many years. It destroyed relationships and made me crazy. I was in denial because I was addicted and for a time they helped I guess but not that long.

H

hypo666

Jun 3, 2019
I don't blame psychiatry for ruining my life as my childhood meant I never really had a chance. I would have ended up having to deal with psychiatry or mental health services either voluntarily or I would have been forced. There were a few individuals in the field of psychiatry who on some level understood ,in fact the most plausible reason for my mental illness came from a psychologist. She told me that childhood trauma meant my brain didn't develop properly and Iam left with an overly sensitive amgdyla {part of the brain} and it has never switched off. I also saw a decent psychiatrist a tiny scottish lady who seemed from the start to understand me and she even apologised for my childhood and past experiences having psychiatric treatment even though she didn't need to.

But sadly she left, promising me the person taking over from her was 'very good'. I always find the few people in psychiatry and mental health services who either are very good at their jobs or who have empathy either burn out, they retire or they transfer elsewhere. The replacement psychiatrist while he isn't the worst I have seen, is well meaning but he is basically shooting in the dark with medications and has in my view little understanding of my illness or condition or whatever the hell it is.

I think there is plenty wrong with psychiatry and the mental health system ,but apart from a few exceptions I don't regard the people who work in it as bad people. I have plenty of thoughts about revenge or 'getting even', 'settling scores' in fact I think often about kicking some ass and then ending my life so I don't end up in court , but the people I want to get even with are not anyone in the mental health system even the nasty ones. Because I know where the blame lives, partly with me, for being weak minded as a child and naive {no matter how many times people say I was not to blame as a child I still think I was a pussy} but also partly with several people who took advantage of me ,who had no appreciation when to 'stop' and pushed their perversions and sick shit onto me which I didn't ask for. If it wasn't for them I don't believe I would have needed psychiatry,I would not have come on their radar.

Rachel74

Rachel74

Enlightened
Sep 7, 2019
I really don't know as without these drugs I'd definitely have CTB a long long time ago.
Antidepressants and antipsychotics made me steady. In the 22 years I've been taking them I have had my ups and downs but mainly I have been stable which for someone with bipolar that is a huge thing. Every couple of months or so I have a melt down but usually get out of it myself by sleeping. My last depression as now lasted 12 months and I'm fed up.
I've read this thread and other threads on taking medication. I'm still wondering if I should go to a doctor to be prescribed meds because I feel I'm getting worse by the day. However I also started going to therapy which has helped. Something to note is that I'm under 25, and I've read that taking meds for anxiety , depression , etc will only make suicidal tendencies worse because my brain isn't fully developed yet. But I'm worried I'll start to really lose it soon
The combination of both might really help you.

M

mellow

Jul 19, 2020
hope it's ok to bump this old thread.
5 months ago I got 2 injections of an antipsychotic that fried my brain. it's a lobotomy. I've never been suicidal but the moment I felt my brain shut down on April 7 I said out loud very matter-of-factly "I should kill myself". I wasn't very resilient before this, I'm a perfectionist and want to give up, cannot face living this way. should never have been injected in the first place, was misdiagnosed and someone I trusted led me to believe the misdiagnosis. It is so lonely, no one understands, I don't want to fight for this life, my intelligence, creativity, passion and specialness are gone. as someone else wrote I don't consider myself human anymore. I have low brain activity, few thoughts and emotions. a family member is in the hospital and I feel nothing.
I always wanted to experience the end of the world, it feels like society is on the brink of collapse, an exciting time and I am too disabled to appreciate it. I want to live. I had a future, a good life, I had a lot of potential, friends and family who love me. I can't accept what happened, it didn't need to happen, I was vulnerable and all I needed was support and stability
I can't move on from this. no one understands

T

TheQ22

Enlightened
Aug 17, 2020
Does it not "wear off" over time - or is it something that changes your brain and that's that for good?

M

mellow

Jul 19, 2020
Does it not "wear off" over time - or is it something that changes your brain and that's that for good?
In my case there are permanent changes, I can feel the damage, my brain is heavy and hurts

• Hugs
Reactions: TheQ22
T

TheQ22

Enlightened
Aug 17, 2020
In my case there are permanent changes, I can feel the damage, my brain is heavy and hurts
Sorry to hear that, it's practically criminal they can do that to someone.

• Love
Reactions: mellow
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019

I wouldn't be surprised if they did. They're poorly understood today and I think it's intentionally kept that way.

Reactions: mellow