L

lupin333

Jan 15, 2019
I have gone through absolute hell when I decided to get help and see a psychiatrist in hopes of turning my life around. The appointments were monthly and I tried 7 or 8 different types of medications in the last year. The last appointment which I got off a strong drug she said okay lets stop that (offered no insight on anything) and actually got up while I was talking not even 5 minutes into the appointment. I was shocked and just amazed how little care some people in their "profession" can have when someone lays out all their underlying issues and suffers immensley trying to get better. In hindsight the psychiatrist seems to me like a shill just dolling out medicine for big pharma. Appointments rarely reached close to 10 minutes. I was really naive going there to get help, but did not feel I had any other choice.

• Hugs
Reactions: Jc40, Vivian and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals

406metallicblue

Student
Sep 7, 2018
Yes. It's taken years from me. It's the reason I joined the forum. I miss me. I was told I had a disorder and believed them.
I'm not sticking up for the medical establishment and often feel like a guinea pig. Having said that, there was a reason i got involved with psychiatric services in the first place, so it's not really like it's the meds that have screwed me up, at the point i was at there was no choice but to either take something or kill myself. I still might but i can't say the drugs have made it any worse. For sure there are more holistic ways of dealing with depression and anxiety than the pharma method... they just make less money.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jc40, Vivian and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Jenna

Jenna

Experienced
Nov 21, 2018
I'm not sticking up for the medical establishment and often feel like a guinea pig. Having said that, there was a reason i got involved with psychiatric services in the first place, so it's not really like it's the meds that have screwed me up, at the point i was at there was no choice but to either take something or kill myself. I still might but i can't say the drugs have made it any worse. For sure there are more holistic ways of dealing with depression and anxiety than the pharma method... they just make less money.

I'm not totally against psychiatry and I know it has saved millions and I'm glad it has helped you. I totally agree to try things before you kill yourself. Absolutely. For me I saw a dr with basic panic attacks not knowing what they were and trusted what they said and the nightmare came later. I tried nothing first because I was given a convincing diagnosis. I wasn't informed of side affects. This is just my story. If this hadn't happened and I needed something to save my life I would take it.

Reactions: Vivian, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Pentobartbital and 1 other person
J

JWL

Arcanist
Jan 15, 2019
For the most part psychiatry = psychobabble at $100-300 per hour. At those rates you'd have to make sure you got your story out pretty damn quick...

Reactions: esclava

406metallicblue

Student
Sep 7, 2018
I'm not totally against psychiatry and I know it has saved millions and I'm glad it has helped you. I totally agree to try things before you kill yourself. Absolutely. For me I saw a dr with basic panic attacks not knowing what they were and trusted what they said and the nightmare came later. I tried nothing first because I was given a convincing diagnosis. I wasn't informed of side affects. This is just my story. If this hadn't happened and I needed something to save my life I would take it.
It has helped me to the point where it has put off catching the bus for the time being. When it does happen i expect there will be people who blame the medication for it, which is easier to understand than someone's mind processes. The reason i got onto the medication was because i tried to ctb, not the other way around. I'm sorry you got messed around with lack of information when it should have been easy to explain things to you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jc40, Jenna and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
PeacePlease

PeacePlease

A wandering body without a heart
Feb 26, 2019
My life is completely ruined, I'm a zombie. I can't feel, I can't love, I don't know who I am. I'm a shell of a human being. One of the reasons I want to ctb. Why live while I'm actually dead already. This has no sense.

Reactions: The-end-is-here, Vivian, dandan and 4 others
X

xb243

Feb 20, 2019
My life is completely ruined, I'm a zombie. I can't feel, I can't love, I don't know who I am. I'm a shell of a human being. One of the reasons I want to ctb. Why live while I'm actually dead already. This has no sense.
Which medication did this to you?

Reactions: Vivian and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Bentley Goldman

Bentley Goldman

OFFMYSELF
Feb 13, 2019
Abilify, Risperidone and other antipsychotics,

Haven't done me a bit of justice ... They all gave me intense suicidal thoughts and made me hopeless.

But what else can I do? I mean surely a person with my level of derangement can't surely live without medication?

Before the pills I was ambitious wanted to conquer the fucking world. ... I could run on 3 hours of sleep ( not that this is a good thing)
and still function...

Now I find it hard to run off of 12 hours of sleep...

I miss my old self ... Yes I am convinced I was turned into a zombie

Reactions: Vivian, xb243, PeacePlease and 1 other person
L

lupin333

Jan 15, 2019

same exact feel here :/

Reactions: Vivian, Allpainnogain and PeacePlease
Bentley Goldman

Bentley Goldman

OFFMYSELF
Feb 13, 2019
You ever become so disconnected ...

You started questioning if you were an actual person ???

Reactions: Userloser2, Nameless Monster, Chalken and 4 others
N

nooo2

Jan 22, 2019
Is it weird that I've never taken pills yet I feel like exactly like what everyone is describing, an emotionless zombie, no awareness, no feeling.

Reactions: Final Escape
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
While I'm not exactly a victim of psychiatry, I do understand the bullshit and aggressive promotion and pushing of pills onto people even those who don't actually need them. It really sucks because it is a catch-22 situation, dilemma, since professionals decide whether you are ill (even if aren't really ill) and then push pills/drugs on you. Then when you actually become ill, then they put you on another pill/drug then it creates a cycle of dependency, basically if you weren't messed up to begin with, they created the mess then try to treat it (or rather just perpetuate it). It's sorta like a self-fulfilling prophecy. Quite disgusting really and it's like a cycle that can't be broken.

Finally, the masses are too ignorant and stupid that they don't want to hear the truth and any dissent/opposing views is seen as ill, talk about catch-22's and illogicals. Those who are smart (the psychiatrists) who know that they are hurting others, either dismiss claims or just outright lie about the profession. I have nothing but scorn and contempt for them.

• Love
Reactions: Wixer, Vivian, Halo13 and 2 others
JadedGray

JadedGray

Life Eternal
Jul 24, 2018
Yes, all the damage psychotropic drugs has caused me is one of the reasons I want to CTB. It has destroyed me in every way possible and has caused me what little chance I might have had of a life. Unfortunately, I had no choice since I started taking them when I was 9 and I had no say in the matter. I now believe that the majority of the problems I experienced in my life stemmed from these drugs and all I can do now is wonder what could have been if I never had taken them. I now feel like a soulless vessel with no option but to end my life, which is what psychiatry was supposed to help me avoid doing in the first place.

• Aww..
Reactions: Ambie, The-end-is-here, Vivian and 3 others
discokicks

discokicks

Student
Apr 19, 2019
Hooolllllllllllĺyyyyyy fucking rights!!!!
Yes, my Dr was a toilet with a prescription pad. The idiot would just leave people on meds even when they weren't working, rarely if ever gave informed consent and a host of other bad things that have absolutely brought me here.

He left me on valium even though I was depressed and he said it caused depression, he left me on other meds that were clearly not helping and I even had to take time off work and still left me on the same pills!!! This Dr deserved to drink plutonium from a jerry can and breathe in asbestos till his lungs bled. Seriously, the idiot then nearly killed me with horrid advice prescribing meds without even consulting with me, giving me informed consent or looking up I interactions with the natural supplements that I TOLD him that I was taking.

This is just rubbish, I cannot believe I was screwed over by a retard and should never have ever even taken the valium he prescribed for longer than 2 weeks max....who the heck prescribes that stuff long term anymore anyways???
The Dr even changed his goddamned notes and I caught him and he still tried to deny it!!! He actually rewrote his clinical notes and even had a conversation with the pharmacist 8 months after to create an alibI.

Peace!
Valium is the devil and basically it's left me a broken shell of a man...terrified to leave the house, uncomfortable in my own skin and he would give them to me like they were tic tacs. My central nervous system feels fried. It's a living hell.

• Aww..
Reactions: Vivian, Final Escape and Jenna
Divine Trinity

Divine Trinity

Pugna Vigil
Mar 20, 2019
"It's obvious that the ignorant and malformed, whom only know of chaos and madness are incapable of making reasonable decisions for themselves or others. It is because these ignorant and inherently perverse madmen resemble the just nature of man, albeit incomparable to those who yearn for enlightment, us rational men who seek order and reasoning. Possess a moral and social obligation as the educated members of society to monopolize the decision making for those who lack the strength of will and character to do so themselves. Our subjects may resist our compassion, but it is because they can't fathom the weight of responsibility we partake for the well-being of society, and the natural forces that compel us to act in their best interest."

-The Philosophy of elitism (the psychiatrist in this case).

Last edited:
Reactions: Cevapcici, ThomasGrey7 and Final Escape
Marz

Marz

À PEU PRÈS
Aug 3, 2018
Thank god I'm not from the US. I was only prescribed Zoloft once. I have a friend from there who was diagnosed with ADHD, PTSD, OCD, Bipolar (not officially???) so like they pumped her with Adderall, Antidepressants and some other bullshit without being sure about half of her diagnoses and they seemed to cause her a manic episode (Adderall and antidepressants together I mean...no shit) and that's why she thought she had bipolar instead of doing a diagnosis prior to being medicated. It wasn't 100% clear if she had ADHD either. She also upped her Adderall to be more "productive". It's so easy to abuse over the counter drugs over there it amazes me.

Last edited:
  • Hmph!
Reactions: Vivian, Cevapcici and Final Escape
Jenna

Jenna

Experienced
Nov 21, 2018
Valium is the devil and basically it's left me a broken shell of a man...terrified to leave the house, uncomfortable in my own skin and he would give them to me like they were tic tacs. My central nervous system feels fried. It's a living hell.

My story too. I can feel the damage. I'm so sorry it happened to you too. I wasn't warned and did not give consent to this.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
discokicks

discokicks

Student
Apr 19, 2019
My story too. I can feel the damage. I'm so sorry it happened to you too. I wasn't warned and did not give consent to this.
It's fucked huh. There's so many benzo support groups on Facebook. So many people suffering because of these pills

Reactions: Circles, Vivian and Cevapcici
Jenna

Jenna

Experienced
Nov 21, 2018
@discokicks it is. I was on every single group. This isn't living. I can't do this battle that doctors won't acknowledge anymore. It makes me so sad.

• Aww..
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Circles, Vivian and 3 others
discokicks

discokicks

Student
Apr 19, 2019
@discokicks it is. I was on every single group. This isn't living. I can't do this battle that doctors won't acknowledge anymore. It makes me so sad.
Yeah. I feel for them.. And us of course. It's just so so hard to come back from once the damage is done. I recall my first experience in rehab in 2008. A woman there was coming off valium, I had no idea about it then. She was unable to sleep and would talk about the crawling feeling in her brain. I was coming off alcohol and was just 24, I bounced back pretty quick. I felt for her but had no idea what she was going through. Anyway flash forward 5 years and I meet a fellow rehab patient and she informed me that Linda had gassed herself in her car, she just couldn't take the withdrawal symptoms. She had a family too. These drugs are monstrous. And the side effects are impossible to explain to someone who doesn't have them.

Reactions: Circles and Vivian
Jenna

Jenna

Experienced
Nov 21, 2018
@discokicks what a shame. There are no warnings with this. I hope what you are dealing with isn't too severe. Rehab doesn't work for this. There was someone on here that passed with bad side effects that had been off ssri for three years. Just isn't fair.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Circles, Vivian and 1 other person
discokicks

discokicks

Student
Apr 19, 2019
@discokicks what a shame. There are no warnings with this. I hope what you are dealing with isn't too severe. Rehab doesn't work for this. There was someone on here that passed with bad side effects that had been off ssri for three years. Just isn't fair.
well there are warnings. My dumbfuck doctor just couldn't be bothered to look into them. I tried rehab. It was intolerable. The only thing that calms me down is alcohol. Which is obviously not sustainable. hence the postition I'm in. I can still interact on an intellectual level. But socially I'm like a hermit and my whole central nervous system feels fried as does my brain. Horrible.

• Aww..
Reactions: Circles, Vivian, Cevapcici and 3 others
H

HelpPlease

Psych ward
Sep 9, 2018
Yes I am brain dead. Brain fried. In excruciating pain nonstop

• Aww..
Reactions: The-end-is-here, Circles, Vivian and 2 others
Ruffian

Ruffian

Jumpin Jack Flash, it’s a gas gas gas
Jan 16, 2019
I could write a book about all of this. I'm bipolar and every med change has brought about either intense depression or mania. When I'm manic I do ridiculous things that cause me so much shame I really want to die even more. What the worst part is though is how psychiatrists tend to blame you for their lack of empathy. I want to die so bad, but I barely have the energy to find a suitable plan, let alone execute it.

Reactions: The-end-is-here, Circles, Vivian and 3 others
N

No_more

May 5, 2019
When I was in a psychiatric hospital, the staff didn't listen to me. During my breakdown I became more aware of evil spirits. I was just treated like I was deluded.

I'm on anti-psychotic medication now but this doesn't get rid of the demons, it just makes me less able to perceive them.

I was locked up for a month. I just wanted them to listen. I needed to get out to look after my animals. They don't have to believe in the supernatural but they could at least have an open mind. Maybe I am deluded but I don't think I am.

Reactions: Ambie, Circles, Susannah and 3 others
J

JWL

Arcanist
Jan 15, 2019
Bloody hell, your psychiatry stories are horrific!

I previously only had a healthy scepticism of this quackery of a profession, but now I see psychiatrists as devils incarnate.

Reactions: The-end-is-here, Circles, Vivian and 5 others
Nem

Nem

Drs suck mega ass!
Sep 3, 2018
If I saw a dr on the side of the road bleeding to death...I'd keep on drivin
Peace

Reactions: mellow, The-end-is-here, Wayfaerer and 6 others