• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Shero

Shero

Experienced
Dec 19, 2019
I can english, italian and german. I partially understand spanish, but it's only because im some aspects italian and spanish are similiar.
I would like to learn japanese, but my mental capacity is deteriorating.

• Hugs
Reactions: SnowWhite
SnowWhite

SnowWhite

Semi-Professional Disappointment
Jan 16, 2020
My mother's Welsh, and I know a small amount (Enough to get me around, although everyone in Wales speaks English anyway lol), and I'm currently learning Japanese. I haven't got any further than Hiragana at the moment tho

Reactions: BooGirl
BooGirl

BooGirl

Warlock
Jan 10, 2020
I'm learning Hebrew right now! I've gotten pretty far. I could hold a basic conversation, and I could sorta understand the news when I watch it. I'm thinking of starting Amharic, but probably not for a while haha

Reactions: SnowWhite
porfin1234

porfin1234

Arcanist
Dec 26, 2019
I love languages. I was studying applied linguistics for my masters (one class left but gave up).

Spanish is my native language although I learned English when I was 9 and feel like it's my strongest language. I took 2 years of Japanese as well. I love Japanese. Would love to learn more languages

B

Bandzbandz

Student
Aug 23, 2018
I speak Arabic and English. I hate English, its such a basic language. Often times, I can't find words to express how I precisely feel about certain things. This is never the case when I'm speaking Arabic.

seho_j

seho_j

Nov 12, 2018
Korean is my first language. So English is a foreign language for me, and I love learning it! I used to teach English, although I'm terribly unqualified.
I also know Japanese, I went to a uni in Japan until I dropped out because depression lol. I'm really interested in learning more languages but right now I have my hands full. If anyone wants to learn Korean/Japanese I can help :)

Last edited:
Reactions: enigmática saudade
TheblueBunny

TheblueBunny

Life is like a cactus
Sep 16, 2019
All these big languages, and here I am, a native Danish speaker! It's nice knowing so many here are interested in languages. I'm currently trying to improve my English, and learn Russian. If anyone needs some Danish words or phrases let me know! Danish isn't the biggest language but it's a lot of fun, especially thanks to our annoyingly difficult pronunciation of the majority of our words. And it's fun to say weird Danish words, because most people don't know it!

homebound

homebound

fallen angel
Jan 19, 2020
My native language is English but in school we were required to take a foreign language from kindergarten until 10th grade so I'm pretty fluent in Spanish (it's a bit rusty though). At university I'm going to start taking French this semester. I have lots of friends in France and it would be really interesting to be able talk to them in their native language (: I also want to eventually learn German and maybe Russian!

Reactions: kiki666
K

kiki666

Dec 26, 2019
I speak Spanish Castillan and a little German for my ex:sick: and English.

enigmática saudade

enigmática saudade

Ô Mort, vieux capitaine, il est temps!
Jun 27, 2019
My native languages are English and Chinese. And I'm fluent at French because I went to high school in a French-speaking country, even though I'm getting worse at French since I started university.
I'm trying to learn Spanish now. I can read it, but I don't speak it well.
Estoy aprendiendo español.

LegaliseIt!

LegaliseIt!

Elementalist
Nov 29, 2019
Wow! I am impressed!

I respect each and every one of you for your diligence and mental agility.

I've always felt that learning another language is a powerful way of acknowledging that all people are equal and that we share important knowledge as a species. Too often we forget our shared humanity.

As every mother everywhere has said,
"Use your words"