• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
This is a bit kooky, but if there are 7000 members, many of whom could chip in $1 per month without missing it, the community might be able to do some cool things: pay a doctor to be a consultant answering our questions a few hours a week; provide at least a little "emergency funding" for someone who's struggling; start planning our cruise on the HMS SS; and other fine things I haven't thought of yet. 8]

Too naive and hopeful to discuss, but ... ?

A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
The issue is finding this doctor, though.
Emergency funding is indeed a good thought, but then we'd have to define precisely what's an emergency and then deal with those who fit 99.9% bit are missing this one tiny thing that'd make them applicable...
And we'd need a name better then "the SS foundation"...

Soul

Soul

Apr 12, 2019
The issue is finding this doctor, though.
Emergency funding is indeed a good thought, but then we'd have to define precisely what's an emergency and then deal with those who fit 99.9% bit are missing this one tiny thing that'd make them applicable...
And we'd need a name better then "the SS foundation"...

I think there are pro-choice doctors around, and pro-choice nurses as well. We could post an announcement here in the forum that there's a part-time on-line consultancy position available, if our esteemed admins agree, and see whether anyone qualified is interested.

Criteria for "emergency funding" applications would need to be developed, and a changing committee could look over the applications. Shifting the committee membership around would keep it from being biased or corrupt, and although I won't agree with every decision I know different viewpoints will be applied in future.

For legal reasons it would have to be clear that the funds aren't to be used for ctb.

Along with a medical professional a legal advisor would be worthwhile.

I like the name SS Foundation, but of course we can entertain other ideas. What do you think would be good?

D

demonanon

Nov 14, 2018
The very moment you get money involved, you need accounts. You need oversight. You need registered agents/officers. All of those people open themselves up to serious criminal liability because the fund wouldn't just be discussing pro-choice matters, it'd be actively funding people trying to CTB.

Soul

Soul

Apr 12, 2019
I assert that it would be actively helping people *not* to ctb, but naturally legal advice would be needed.

Maybe it could work something like informal lending groups that function in Korean communities, except that we wouldn't be expecting repayment. Those operate fairly informally and are allowed to carry on.

Reactions: autumnal
D

demonanon

Nov 14, 2018
The very minute you stand in front of a judge, as a representative of a fund based on a pro-choice "suicide site", and claim the money you sent to someone as *cough* "emergency funding" that they immediately used to purchase something they used to successfully CTB, that judge is going to throw the book at you, and the cost of trying to find some way to get out of that is going to bleed you and the fund completely dry.

Soul

Soul

Apr 12, 2019
Okay.

I'm pretty sure wording exists that could keep the fund safe from accusations like what you're suggesting. And please bear in mind that this isn't "a suicide site"; it's a pro-choice site. Money is a problem for a good number of people here. Not money for ctb supplies; money for a way out of a toxic situation, for a metro pass to get to work, for medical attention.

So forget about a foundation. It's just an informal collection to help some of us out of jams.

D

demonanon

Nov 14, 2018
The reason I used quotation marks is that's exactly what a prosecutor will paint it as, and with a name like "Sanctioned Suicide", you're immediately starting from a severe deficit of believably when you claim to not be pro-suicide to the judge/jury.

And I know exactly what you're trying to get at, I'm pointing out that all it takes is one person, and anyone involved in the administration of the funds is under threat of legal proceedings, and in those proceedings you're already on the back foot to a significant degree.

And if it's informal, who administrates it? What stops them dipping into it? Does anything get accounted for?

Soul

Soul

Apr 12, 2019
Yes it can be accounted for.

We could choose a treasurer. If they dip into it we choose a different one.

The "deciding committee" would be three different people every month, chosen from a pool of members who are willing.

D

demonanon

Nov 14, 2018
Honestly, the chaos and liability involved in that would be insane, and the turnover of officers required to do what you're suggesting would require a lot of paperwork.. then on top of everything else you've got to hope that the bank or whatever you're using doesn't find out what it is/where you're from, or you'll get hammered even further. And that's before the legal liability of releasing funds someone uses to CTB comes into play.

Soul

Soul

Apr 12, 2019
Okay.

It was something I was enjoying imagining, because for a dollar a month, who was going to demand all that rigour, and we could help one another with more than virtual hugs.

Now I'm done enjoying it.

D

demonanon

Nov 14, 2018
Honestly, would you rather I have told you that it'd be unicorns and sunshine, then six months from now we see you or someone else in the news being charged with serious crimes for directly funding/assisting a suicide, and the site comes under even more scrutiny and fire?

WinterIsComing

WinterIsComing

Fragile...
May 27, 2019
With the amount of users it could help for some of them with emergency....in medical things and that.....

Status
Not open for further replies.