• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Anyara

Anyara

Nothing is true, everything is permitted
Sep 6, 2018
Hello all,

Here she is again...
If you take an overdose of amitriptyline any idea how long it takes before it is irreversible? I know it takes a godawful long time till your actually dead.. But after how many hours is it too late to be revived?
So I can time my attempt well since my girlfriend has the key.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
Hello all,

Here she is again...
If you take an overdose of amitriptyline any idea how long it takes before it is irreversible? I know it takes a godawful long time till your actually dead.. But after how many hours is it too late to be revived?
So I can time my attempt well since my girlfriend has the key.
The time until death is very slow, I wouldn't do it without at least 24 hours alone if I were you.

J

Jon

Student
Oct 1, 2018
I actually had all the medication required for that (and more) but backed out after some further research. While it will, by most accounts kill you as there's nothing the doctors could do after a few hours, I sincerely doubt benzos will keep you asleep for 24 hours, let alone 36.

Z

zadig777

naive fool
Sep 18, 2018
ben
I actually had all the medication required for that (and more) but backed out after some further research. While it will, by most accounts kill you as there's nothing the doctors could do after a few hours, I sincerely doubt benzos will keep you asleep for 24 hours, let alone 36.

she will be asleep before she dies i guess
benzos will induce her sleep
heath ledger killed him self like this with prescribed medication less than 24 hrs i think
u can do it too

Reactions: lv-gras
J

Jon

Student
Oct 1, 2018
ben

she will be asleep before she dies i guess
benzos will induce her sleep
heath ledger killed him self like this with prescribed medication less than 24 hrs i think
u can do it too

I don't have all the medication anymore. I researched the new and improved version from wikibooks, then foolishly read a post on Quora asking what's it like to die from amitriptyline, and one of the answers from a paramedic really put me off. Midazolam is extremely effective at getting to sleep, true, but it's half life is extremely short (though after further research it's enhanced by grapefruit juice, as with Valium), but having taken this medication and valium I'm just not convinced that it'll keep me asleep. I've never slept for 24 hours straight in my life, I've at least woken up once or twice. And you only need to wake up once and you'll risk being in excruciating pain for hours. So I abandoned that idea due to its unpredictability. Hanging or jumping are tried and tested methods, and death is quicker. So why take the long and risky route when it could be over and done with in a few minutes?

Last edited:
Reactions: DeletedUser4739
D

Donewith_

Elementalist
Sep 28, 2018
With amitriptyline cocktail, it might take 24-36 hours, bit if you see advanced amit. Cocktail in wiki, it shows 10-24 hrs. Cimetidine is added in the later.nothing more.. cimetidine fastens the action of amit. I have seen some suicide cases(amit. ) in which it appears like they passed away in sleep. Will surely mention the source if I come across it again.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Anyara

Anyara

Nothing is true, everything is permitted
Sep 6, 2018
So why take the long and risky route when it could be over and done with in a few minutes?

Cause I dont have the courage for hanging or jumping to be honest. Im used to my body to be in excrutiating pain.. So I am no longer scared of that cause I know that part. Also I want my final moments in the comfort in my own home. Comforted by my sweet cat. I dont deserve much but I like to think I deserve at least that.

C

Clem

Aug 27, 2018
It doesn't take 24 hours! I'm not sure which manual was the first to mention this timeframe, probably Admiraal's... but it's just plain incorrect.

If you do your research and read the inquest reports, hundreds are available online where Amitriptyline was the primary cause of death, you will discover that death generally occurs between hours 6 to 10. i.e. as part of a normal nighttime sleep cycle. I couldn't find a single case where it took 12+ hours.

Do it at night... Take the Amitriptyline, take the benzo's.... you won't wake up.

J

Jon

Student
Oct 1, 2018
Cause I dont have the courage for hanging or jumping to be honest. Im used to my body to be in excrutiating pain.. So I am no longer scared of that cause I know that part. Also I want my final moments in the comfort in my own home. Comforted by my sweet cat. I dont deserve much but I like to think I deserve at least that.

You could certainly try it, perhaps I was just being paranoid after reading the paramedic's comment on Quora of seeing someone die from it, who was far from being asleep. The key has to be that you're asleep for as long as possible. The cocktail I had was version two, found here:

https://en.m.wikibooks.org/wiki/Suicide/Amitriptyline_cocktail

Reactions: weedoge and Anyara
J

Jon

Student
Oct 1, 2018
It doesn't take 24 hours! I'm not sure which manual was the first to mention this timeframe, probably Admiraal's... but it's just plain incorrect.

If you do your research and read the inquest reports, hundreds are available online where Amitriptyline was the primary cause of death, you will discover that death generally occurs between hours 6 to 10. i.e. as part of a normal nighttime sleep cycle. I couldn't find a single case where it took 12+ hours.

Do it at night... Take the Amitriptyline, take the benzo's.... you won't wake up.

I did read a few reports that stated the person died in their sleep, and even one which stated that although the person, a nurse, died of a heart attack, it wouldn't have been like a regular heart attack and she wouldn't have felt any pain. I might give it rethink, though the Amitriptyline was quite expensive, and a rope is cheap; hanging is almost guaranteed some pain but short lived, whereas Amitriptyline will definitely take longer but the risk of pain is, according to some, if not most, lower or non-existent. At the end of the day it just comes down to personal preference.

Reactions: Anyara
deflagrat

deflagrat

¡Si hablas español mándame un mensaje privado!
Apr 9, 2018
Source? Thanks.

Reactions: DeletedUser4739