• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

mattwitt

mattwitt

# 978
Jun 28, 2018

Wonder if this will affect SN purchases.
Of course it will !

Here's a product review that someone left under a SN product on Amazon.

"My niece used sodium nitrite to commit suicide. It is being recommended on suicide websites and in suicide handbooks. Please stop selling this product. It's illegal in many other countries. I've already notified amazon and they said they would help with this but they have not."

woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
Of course it will !

"My niece used sodium nitrite to commit suicide. It is being recommended on suicide websites and in suicide handbooks. Please stop selling this product. It's illegal in many other countries. I've already notified amazon and they said they would help with this but they have not."

It's like the greatest crime in the world is to be unhappy, even child rapists get a peaceful exit but unhappy people must mutilate themselves trying.

Tegan_sky

Tegan_sky

losing hope
Aug 16, 2019
I think it was here in this site that someone somewhere commented that you google anything about suicide, or "exit bag" or anything suicide related in Google, it immediately puts the national suicide hotline up at the top of the results. But if you search for example, "exit bag" in Bing, it will just take you to what you're looking for, and not put the national suicide line in the results at all.

(update) It must be AOL that doesn't put the useless hotline at the top. Just searched exit bag in Bing, it put the hotline at the top. AOL search didn't.

Last edited:
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
I think it was here in this site that someone somewhere commented that you google anything about suicide, or "exit bag" or anything suicide related in Google, it immediately puts the national suicide hotline up at the top of the results. But if you search for example, "exit bag" in Bing, it will just take you to what you're looking for, and not put the national suicide line in the results at all.

However, then you don't have the pleasure of giving the middle finger to the top results.

It's hilarious. I have a lovely friend, but they are a 'normal' person. So when I mentioned I could ctb in the long run (of course I'm not telling anyone when), they say 'If you feel like that, please call the hot line.' Yeah, that is precisely what I would do, perfect advise.

Qbert

Qbert

Arcanist
Jan 6, 2019
Of course it will !

Found the listing. Amazed that the review is still up.

HGL91

HGL91

Warlock
Jul 2, 2019
Searching for noose got me...Clorox?

Haha! Right? Who would be so obvious to type in "Nooses". Hey, Amazon! What are your Best Nooses of 2019?!?

Of course it will !

It's also for curing meats....Like, belts are for keeping pants up but people hang themselves with belts. Obviously, Amazon is not gonna stop selling belts...

Last edited:
K

kkatt

Paragon
Nov 12, 2018
Amazon are pretty near the top of my shit list right now
Their UK manual employees are pissing in buckets and wearing nappies (diapers) because they're scared if they go for a toilet break,they'll lose their job.
They act as an agent for companies like Wish.com who are known for child slave labour
And then there's that one click buy. So many people are in deep trouble because of that feature.
I've personally removed all my details from the site and encourage anyone with a conscience to do the same

O

oopswronglife

Elementalist
Jun 27, 2019
Don't worry...I'm sure their suicide prevention is counterfeit just like their products. They won't really lock you up. It will just be a box labeled "section order" with a few random pages inside.

Reactions: Qbert
Tom9999

Tom9999

I've suffered enough.
Aug 27, 2019
Of course it will !

I remember reading that review and thinking "You think the SN is responsible for your nieces suicide...?" People who blame suicide on the technique rather than life circumstances are completely misguided. And there is always a hint of abdication of responsibility, as in "There's nothing I could've done - it was the SN!"

Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
I remember reading that review and thinking "You think the SN is responsible for your nieces suicide...?" People who blame suicide on the technique rather than life circumstances are completely misguided. And there is always a hint of abdication of responsibility, as in "There's nothing I could've done - it was the SN!"

I hope you posted that comment on the review.

Ness

Ness

They/Them pronouns, please
Aug 28, 2019
I couldn't help myself, I used an old e-mail and replied. Honestly, if that's how they're going to act then they may as well ban knives, ropes, trains and the ocean while they're at it. Maybe bridges, too. I said they should read "about the product".

Qbert

Qbert

Arcanist
Jan 6, 2019
Tom9999

Tom9999

I've suffered enough.
Aug 27, 2019
Pro lifers think they can stop suicides if they fight the symptoms. Well theyre obviously wrong.

So true. All they do is cause more suffering by forcing people to take more painful ways out.

It's been shown that putting up jump barriers on bridges lowers the jumps (of course!) but does not lower the suicide rate as a whole.

People seek to blame the technique because it is not only an easy and thoughtless way out, but it prevents them from having to examine their own and societies role in not taking the steps to ensure people get the help and resources they need without having to either let themselves be abused and disrespected by mental health "professionals", be at risk for social/professional discrimination, or do destructive shit they hate just to pay the rent.

Last edited:
Reactions: Skathon
Ness

Ness

They/Them pronouns, please
Aug 28, 2019
Reactions: Tom9999 and Qbert
CURSED again

CURSED again

please help
Aug 15, 2019
IiIIi

Wonder if this will affect SN purchases.
the article says they (U.S. Amazon) were selling suicide kits and nooses? - how come people here never mentioned that? - i think the kits maybe were the hoods? i didn't know they had already made nooses! Btw drawing more attention to SN might backfire, I of course totally understand the frustration though - seems like we are always having to be frustrated by society and circumstances! Its just plain cruel for the most part. Don't forget also there was a SS newbie that went on ebay & looked up a couple poison plants, etc and was banned by ebay. They had not even purchased anything but banned just for looking/thinking about the subject.

Last edited:
Reactions: Qbert
Qbert

Qbert

Arcanist
Jan 6, 2019
Per the article it sounds like Amazon India is/was pretty wild.

Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
Are there alternatives to amazon/ebay for SN?

woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
Don't forget also there was a SS newbie that went on ebay & looked up a couple poison plants, etc and was banned by ebay. They had not even purchased anything but banned just for looking/thinking about the subject.

Wtf? Which plants were he looking at?

Not_Quite_Dead_Yet

Not_Quite_Dead_Yet

Student
Oct 27, 2018
I had seen that comment about the niece who purchased SB and thought, oh-uh, better order it immediately before it is no longer offered on Amazon. That was a few weeks ago. Glad I ordered when I did. Way back I also bought a few Kindle books on making N. (all of which were useless), felt uneasy of Amazon having a forever record of those purchases, but whatcha gonna do? At least it did not result in a "wellness check" by the authorities. Yet.
Wtf? Which plants were he looking at?

I am amazed that EBay bans anyone for anything. Plants?

CURSED again

CURSED again

please help
Aug 15, 2019
@woxihuanni - sorry i don't recall (not sure they mentioned specifics) - all this happened several months ago and the person was very upset. They were new here at SS and if i recall had also just started an ebay account. I think maybe the combination of just starting an ebay account and first things looked up are suspicious if they are maybe underage - then it raised red flags at ebay. Big Brother is always watching!