Redleaf1992

Redleaf1992

Just leave us the f*ck alone!
Feb 3, 2024
yeah thats right! we were allowed nokias and a kindle that had parental controls on it. the only app we were allowed to use was spotify. i very quickly figured out how to turn the parental controls and just dowloaded streaming services, social media etc. and just hid in my room all day LOL. but it was very very boring. if i was really bored i would go and talk to the nice staff members or other patients that i liked. me and this one patient would plan escapes and stuff. she actually went through with it and manged to escape! she didnt get very far and they sent her to a picu after that
That's so strict, what's wrong with a bit of Disney plus! Were the parental controls easy to get past? Kind proves they treat patients like children when they literally using parental controls lol

What's a picu?

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1
kittyswift

kittyswift

getting tired even for a phoenix..
Sep 29, 2023
That's so strict, what's wrong with a bit of Disney plus! Were the parental controls easy to get past? Kind proves they treat patients like children when they literally using parental controls lol

What's a picu?
yeah you just had to put the password in wrong a few times and you could reset the kindle lol!

a picu is a psychiatric intensive care unit, they usually have people who are a severe danger to others or themselves, and cant be kept safe and a acute psychiatric ward. theyre usually a lot more strict with bedrooms stripped of your belongings and stuff

• Hugs
Toobrokentofix

Toobrokentofix

Experienced
Jul 7, 2020
I'm so glad to see you got out and that you went to see, and really enjoyed Taylor Swift. I've thought about you and wondered how you were and if you were out yet

Sounds like a pretty horrendous admission but you got through it like a warrior. Have they given you any decent aftercare?

I'm sorry you're feeling so shitty and still want to ctb. It's really hard especially when you have worked so hard to feel better.

Can I ask what is BDO?

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Kit1 and kittyswift
kittyswift

kittyswift

getting tired even for a phoenix..
Sep 29, 2023
I'm so glad to see you got out and that you went to see, and really enjoyed Taylor Swift. I've thought about you and wondered how you were and if you were out yet

Sounds like a pretty horrendous admission but you got through it like a warrior. Have they given you any decent aftercare?

I'm sorry you're feeling so shitty and still want to ctb. It's really hard especially when you have worked so hard to feel better.

Can I ask what is BDO?
the simplest answer is it turns into GHB when you take it, its known as a date rape drug and can be easy to overdose on

thank you so much for thinking of me! I have weekly therapy with a psychologist but tbh it hasnt been helpful. i have 2 social workers now too, yet to see if this will make a difference but i highly doubt it. now that im back in the community its back to my psychiatrist just throwing meds at me

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Kit1, Toobrokentofix and Tonkpils
Endless_suffering

Endless_suffering

Experienced
Jul 12, 2024
From my understanding, sectioning is a lot like state hospitals in America. (I have a friend in the UK currently in a sectioning you get phones there so I hear from her often) but you have to prove yourself a serious danger to yourself. At least one serious attempt to get sectioned.chances are if you go anywhere it'll be a 72 hour hold not a section. Unless we're missing details here and you've already tried?

• Hugs