• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

kittyswift

kittyswift

getting tired even for a phoenix..
Sep 29, 2023
after an appointment with my psychiatrist, he got concerned and referred me to an urgent help survive (basically the crisis team to my understanding?) the woman i spoke with didnt click well with me and was very rude. the whole interaction was just hostile. i was uncomfortable and lied because i dont want to get sectioned but they found out i lied which doesn't look good. ill get a phone call later today about their decision of if i am getting more care in the community of if im being sectioned and sent inpatient. im so scared, i have never been inpatient before. i really dont want this to happen. i should have been more co-operative. im so scared

Tesha

Tesha

Life too shall pass
May 31, 2020
If you're in UK the sectioning process doesn't quite work like that - you'll have a formal process with three people who will assess you. You can be 'held safely' under a different section for a limit period to allow time to undertake the full assessment. It doesn't sound like this has happened yet. So if you're UK based, you still have time to consider your responses if they do undertake an assessment - it's not a definite you'll be sectioned.

If you're not in the UK… then best luck!

kittyswift

kittyswift

Sep 29, 2023
If you're in UK the sectioning process doesn't quite work like that - you'll have a formal process with three people who will assess you. You can be 'held safely' under a different section for a limit period to allow time to undertake the full assessment. It doesn't sound like this has happened yet. So if you're UK based, you still have time to consider your responses if they do undertake an assessment - it's not a definite you'll be sectioned.

If you're not in the UK… then best luck!
i am in the UK! im in england. that gives me some hope. thank you

R

ropearoundatree

Student
Nov 9, 2023
Even if you do... from the many accounts of those that have been sectioned, compared with my experiences here in The States (United); they don't sound half-bad, at all - by comparison. . .

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Only people who want to get well are sectioned.

If someone lies and says they are not going to CTB they won't lock you up.

Reports of police dragging people to A&E are likely people shouting at the police that they are about to kill themselves.

Here in the UK the government doesn't care one bit, they have cut MH services to the bone and crisis teams are at breaking point. If you tell them what they want to hear, they won't have any time or inclination to put you anywhere.

4.I.2.Must.Die

4.I.2.Must.Die

Up with life I cannot put 🙅 ✋ Where's the exit 🔚
Nov 8, 2023
after an appointment with my psychiatrist, he got concerned and referred me to an urgent help survive (basically the crisis team to my understanding?) the woman i spoke with didnt click well with me and was very rude. the whole interaction was just hostile. i was uncomfortable and lied because i dont want to get sectioned but they found out i lied which doesn't look good. ill get a phone call later today about their decision of if i am getting more care in the community of if im being sectioned and sent inpatient. im so scared, i have never been inpatient before. i really dont want this to happen. i should have been more co-operative. im so scared
Are you living in student accomodation or with your parents?
Yeah it sucks that you haven't quite escaped the mental health team yet but at least all your suicide material is gone until next time. I'm guessing that antidepressants or anti-anxiety medication isn't gonna fix you?
I hope you don't end up in there, best wishes.
Wow, for you this actually comes across as genuine ☺️

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Kit1 and kittyswift
bunny_brownie9

bunny_brownie9

so terribly lost
Jan 1, 2024
sectioning process like others have said is way more than just a phone call, will be thinning if you & keep us posted

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1 and kittyswift
D

deathslament

Student
Mar 16, 2024
Yeah it sucks that you haven't quite escaped the mental health team yet but at least all your suicide material is gone until next time. I'm guessing that antidepressants or anti-anxiety medication isn't gonna fix you?

Funeral was always genuine, the fuck are singling out.

kittyswift

kittyswift

Sep 29, 2023

im living with a parent. im on antidepressants, antipsychotics, and benzos. i have been under the home treatment team for 8 weeks now too. i think if/when i have a mental health act assessment i might just try and say that my recent attempt was just a cry for attention and that im not serious about ending my life. does that sound believable?
sectioning process like others have said is way more than just a phone call, will be thinning if you & keep us posted
yes i understand now that its not as simple as i thought. i think i just panicked at the mention of an inpatient admission.

i have been sectioned once before in hospital by two doctors but then when i had a mental health act assessment they didn't think i needed to be detained and that was the end of it. im unsure of what to expect and how the process works if you arent already in hospital? i definitely feel calmer though that im not just instantly going to be sectioned and detained. ill update this thread when i get any more news

4.I.2.Must.Die

4.I.2.Must.Die

Up with life I cannot put 🙅 ✋ Where's the exit 🔚
Nov 8, 2023
im living with a parent. im on antidepressants, antipsychotics, and benzos. i have been under the home treatment team for 8 weeks now too. i think if/when i have a mental health act assessment i might just try and say that my recent attempt was just a cry for attention and that im not serious about ending my life. does that sound believable?
Yes it's in keeping with a mental state an autistic person could have. So if you do decide to go for SN then at least you'll have the benzos already then.
Funeral was always genuine, the fuck are singling out.
I wish I could find the perfect response to this needlessly hostile comment in another thread from another user, but annoyingly I can't find it 😒
No she wasn't coming across that way at all in most cases @deathslament

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1
kittyswift

kittyswift

Sep 29, 2023
Yes it's in keeping with a mental state an autistic person could have. So if you do decide to go for SN then at least you'll have the benzos already then.

I wish I could find the perfect response to this needlessly hostile comment in another thread from another user, but annoyingly I can't find it 😒
No she wasn't coming across that way at all in most cases @deathslament
annoyingly, im not in a position where i can order SN at the moment which is so frustrating given that its becoming increasingly more difficult to get any :( i don't know what im going to do. im just going to take it one thing at a time, i will try to fix this mess of me potentially being made to go inpatient and then i will begin planning and getting supplies for my hopefully Final attempt
I hope it all goes well for you and you won't endup where you don't want ❤️
thank you ❤️ me too

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1 and rozeske
bunny_brownie9

bunny_brownie9

so terribly lost
Jan 1, 2024
i have been sectioned once before in hospital by two doctors but then when i had a mental health act assessment they didn't think i needed to be detained and that was the end of it. im unsure of what to expect and how the process works if you arent already in hospital? i definitely feel calmer though that im not just instantly going to be sectioned and detained. ill update this thread when i get any more news
I've been sectioned many times.

in my experience when it happened in the community & I was under the home treatment team, they (the team) arrange a MHA and it's done at your home. They then sectioned me & took me to a place of safety which was in a psychiatric hospital (136 suite) whilst I waited for a bed on a ward, but another time I went straight to a psych ward after being sectioned at home. If they do section you whilst you're at home, they will take you somewhere where you will wait for a bed if there isn't one immediately available.

kittyswift

kittyswift

Sep 29, 2023
UPDATE: i got the phone call late last night to say that my psychiatrist and another psychiatrist that i haven't met will be coming to my house (unsure of the date yet) to do an assessment to see if i can continue receiving care in the community or if i need to go inpatient, so i assume thats the MHA? last time i had one in hospital there were 4 or 5 of them but now theres only 2? I feel better about this because now i still have a chance to talk my way out of it- however, its going to be more difficult for me to lie considering one of the doctors attending is *my* psychiatrist who knows me very well and will be able to catch out any lies i say. I dont know, im just going to have to think about what im going to say. Does anyone have any advice? I would really appreciate hearing about some of your experiences
I've been sectioned many times.

in my experience when it happened in the community & I was under the home treatment team, they (the team) arrange a MHA and it's done at your home. They then sectioned me & took me to a place of safety which was in a psychiatric hospital (136 suite) whilst I waited for a bed on a ward, but another time I went straight to a psych ward after being sectioned at home. If they do section you whilst you're at home, they will take you somewhere where you will wait for a bed if there isn't one immediately available.
ohh i see! thank you for sharing this, i have a better understanding of how it works now. yesterday i just heard the word sectioned and inpatient and started panicking and making it all worse in my head haha

kittyswift

kittyswift

Sep 29, 2023
They'll offer voluntary admission first. They'll only use the MHA if they feel that you're an active, imminent danger to yourself/others, that home treatment isn't working, and you refuse to go in voluntarily.
if i decline a voluntary admission and they think im too much of a risk to myself, can they just section me anyway?

Ash

Ash

Wizard
Oct 4, 2021
if i decline a voluntary admission and they think im too much of a risk to myself, can they just section me anyway?
Yes, that's the point of the powers under the Act. If you go in voluntarily, you can leave at any point and can refuse treatment.

If you're in England or Wales, have a good read of this (you can also download it as PDF for future access):

kittyswift

kittyswift

Sep 29, 2023
Yes, that's the point of the powers under the Act. If you go in voluntarily, you can leave at any point and can refuse treatment.

If you're in England or Wales, have a good read of this (you can also download it as PDF for future access):

thank you very much for your help. ill read that now

• Hugs
Reactions: rozeske and Kit1
K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
As long as you don't tell them or admit to wanting to ens your life, posing a risk to others - they wouldn't section you. They don't have enough beds anyway.

To be absolutely honest, the psychiatric hospitals in the UK are a disgrace.

You might want to talk about all the positive plans and points of action you have to actually live life and even some enjoyable activities. Remember that they both have to agree for you to be sectioned.

Personally I have always refused to engage with SPA, crisis team, HTT and the psychiatrists are also a complete waste of time and find them quite triggering.

I really hope that everything works out for you, kittyswift. You might need to do some positive acting - also when they show up, they will also assess cleanliness of the property, self care etc. So you might want to prepare all of those as well. Have some healthy good laid out, pleasantries etc. Just theatrics to try and keep them at bay.

Thinking of you and sending you lots and lots of good wishes. Take care.

kittyswift

kittyswift

Sep 29, 2023
As long as you don't tell them or admit to wanting to ens your life, posing a risk to others - they wouldn't section you. They don't have enough beds anyway.

To be absolutely honest, the psychiatric hospitals in the UK are a disgrace.

You might want to talk about all the positive plans and points of action you have to actually live life and even some enjoyable activities. Remember that they both have to agree for you to be sectioned.

Personally I have always refused to engage with SPA, crisis team, HTT and the psychiatrists are also a complete waste of time and find them quite triggering.

I really hope that everything works out for you, kittyswift. You might need to do some positive acting - also when they show up, they will also assess cleanliness of the property, self care etc. So you might want to prepare all of those as well. Have some healthy good laid out, pleasantries etc. Just theatrics to try and keep them at bay.

Thinking of you and sending you lots and lots of good wishes. Take care.
thank you for the advice . i feel a lot better now and like i actually have some control in this. i will try and prepare by doing all of that. many thanks

bunny_brownie9

bunny_brownie9

so terribly lost
Jan 1, 2024
it will be 3 people who come.

If you do need to go to hospital, always agree to go in voluntarily. Being sectioned is absolutely awful so going in voluntarily gives you that extra bit of 'freedom' in the ward, but if you try to leave they'll usually section you anyway.

kittyswift

kittyswift

Sep 29, 2023
UPDATE: the assessment should be tomorrow. im told by the urgent help service that i will get a phone call from one of the AMHPs in the morning to confirm. im so nervous and fretting over every little thing. i keep planning silly scripts in my head and wondering what to wear and how to say hello when they arrive 🤣 my autistic tendencies and anxieties are definitely heightened right now. Thank you again for everyones replies

Tesha

Tesha

Life too shall pass
May 31, 2020
I'm pleased to read that the initial 'panic' (for want of a better word) has subsided and you've been given some support on what to expect tomorrow.

I've been through the process myself fairly recently, and available for you to PM if you need it. While scary, you might actually be able to get some additional support - without being sectioned - so don't just focus on the defences. If there is additional stuff you need, ask the assessment team to help you get it.

bunny_brownie9

bunny_brownie9

so terribly lost
Jan 1, 2024
UPDATE: the assessment should be tomorrow. im told by the urgent help service that i will get a phone call from one of the AMHPs in the morning to confirm. im so nervous and fretting over every little thing. i keep planning silly scripts in my head and wondering what to wear and how to say hello when they arrive 🤣 my autistic tendencies and anxieties are definitely heightened right now. Thank you again for everyones replies
will you go into hospital if they want you to?

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1
Ash

Ash

Wizard
Oct 4, 2021
Just be yourself. Maybe make a list of the things you want to say that are important to you, in case you forget or the conversation goes down a different path? And have a think about what happens after the meeting. What will you do if you can stay at home? What do you need to take with you if, one way or another, you're admitted? Have you got enough clean pants?! Let us know how you get on. X

kittyswift

kittyswift

Sep 29, 2023
I'm pleased to read that the initial 'panic' (for want of a better word) has subsided and you've been given some support on what to expect tomorrow.

I've been through the process myself fairly recently, and available for you to PM if you need it. While scary, you might actually be able to get some additional support - without being sectioned - so don't just focus on the defences. If there is additional stuff you need, ask the assessment team to help you get it.
thank you, i will keep this in mind and will PM if i need to
will you go into hospital if they want you to?
if i am given the choice no way. however if its a "if you don't go informally we will section you anyway" type of thing then sadly i think i will just have to go informally and accept it