• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Rhizomorph1

Rhizomorph1

May you find peace in living or dying
Oct 24, 2023
Thank you for creating this PSA. As someone who used to SH, I find it very alarming when there are so many posts with people asking the effectiveness of using it to CTB, asking how to do it, etc. We need posts like these so that these people's questions can be answered outside of their individual discussion pposts. I know that they are desperate, but for their sake I wholeheartedly advise against it. You're more likely to be hospitalized against your will than CTB
Happy to have a positive influence :)

I think people looking to ctb this way may tend to be younger or hastily attempting ctb.

In this capacity it may instill some deliberation that could allow otherwise premature cases to recover, and more effective and lower-risk methods to be chosen and thoroughly planned for people with more enduring and thoughtful suicidal ideation.

• Love
Reactions: dizzdesi
sundown12

sundown12

drama queen
Oct 5, 2022
i wish i could ctb with sleeping pills, i have a bunch at home.

Rhizomorph1

Rhizomorph1

Oct 24, 2023
i wish i could ctb with sleeping pills, i have a bunch at home.
Yeah sleeping pills are incredibly non-toxic. Easy to blackout on and behave in incredibly erratic ways that we never would imagine ourselves acting while sober. But unfortunately they are not remotely effective for ctb 🥲

It's probably a good thing since theor safety prevents a lot of accidental overdoses. But it definitely makes our lives harder...

HD72

HD72

Humpty Dumpty had a great fall
Sep 10, 2023
I think it will be SN too , i dont mind the taste , i ve drink many juice and drinks in my life that was awful.

So unless there was an off switch somehow appearing in my body , there is no perfect way to ctb. Each have pros and cons but SN has very little cons.
It has a lot of cons if you have GI issues. It leaves those of us in bad state. Especially those of us too brain damaged to understand the directions for other methods. I will forever be stuck here in pain.

R

randal_bond

Me encantaria practicar ES con Hispanohablantes.
Oct 23, 2018
I think it will be SN too , i dont mind the taste , i ve drink many juice and drinks in my life that was awful.

So unless there was an off switch somehow appearing in my body , there is no perfect way to ctb. Each have pros and cons but SN has very little cons.
Why not combine SN (or any other method) with "heart switch", described in PPeH? Combination of methods always increases the chance of success. Heart switch - first. In 30-40 mins - SN or whatever else you chose.

Y

yoyogirl

Oct 19, 2021
I am sorry but I have tried caffeine multiple times I take regularly at higher level ever since I was kid. So caffeine is like a glass of squash to me now. It does sod all. I occasionally feel a bit sick but that's about nothing that I would ever waste a doctors time about.

Reactions: f1berz
K

krai

Jan 13, 2024
Preamble

I see a lot of posts on this forum mentioning drug poisoning and/or cutting/stabbing as a method of choice.

I want to caution these methods for a few reasons. I respect the right to choose any method but I'm concerned that those using these methods may not be fully informed on the serious risks or incredibly low effectiveness of these methods.

Re: Ineffectiveness and Risks

Indeed, research by Harvard has placed drug poisonings at about 2% effective, and cutting/stabbing at 1% effective. Other studies have placed both drug poisonings and cutting the arms/legs at only 6% effective. Note that these are aggregate statistics including all drug poisonings, meaning that drugs in the PPH (e.g., SN, N, etc.) are still reliable as they aren't represented accurately by these statistics (they are outliers). However, most drugs outside the PPH that I see people mentioning a lot – such as antidepressants, antipsychotics, anti-inflammatory drugs, and the vast majority of OTC or prescription medications – are well-represented by this statistic.

Meanwhile, the number of potential adverse and painful experiences from drug poisonings or cutting – which often involve long-term complications or injury – are considerable. Cutting bears the risk of infectious disease, traumatic organ damage, hospitalization, and more.

Drug poisonings bear the risk of traumatic brain injury, serotonin syndrome, non-fatal seizures (e.g., antidepressants), liver failure which is incredibly drawn out and painful (e.g., medications containing acetaminophen, ibuprofen or paracetamol; many prescription opioids that are combined with anti-inflammatory drugs come to mind), and various psychosomatic effects ranging from nausea, chills, sweats, headaches, hallucinations, tremors, convulsions, muscle pains, abdominal pain, the list goes on...

Part of the reason that these methods are ineffective is because with drug poisonings the potential to vomit up the drugs and fail ctb is incredibly high. Likewise, with cutting one is very likely to pass out before they can make deep enough and a high enough number of cuts to reliably die.

For these reasons, drug poisonings and cutting can not be considered reliable or peaceful. The only benefit is accessibility but accessibility isn't very meaningful if it just means waking up traumatized in hospital with serious long-term injuries.

I recommend against these methods due to the considerably low efficacy and very high risk of these methods. If one chooses to attempt them regardless, consider an anti-emetic to reduce vomiting and be sure you are informed on the high-risk low-benefit nature of these methods. Even with anti-emetics or methods to reduce/prevent vomiting, drug-poisonings should still be considered unreliable.

There are far lower risk, more effective, and accessible alternatives such as gas (AKA exit bag), charcoal, SN, etc.

Re: Spontaneous and Poorly Planned CTB

The majority of people I see attempting these methods tend to be the ones making spontaneous attempts at ctb. Unless someone is hunting you down to do egregious things to you and time is of the essence (or whatever similar corollary), then please plan your suicide thoroughly with adequate deliberation, materials, etc.

I know it sucks because our fundamental existential dread just wants us to fucking die already; I can relate. But there can be serious consequences to under planned or spontaneous suicide attempts that just make the dread and suffering worse. Take the time to plan and be mindful rather than hastefully ctb.

The benefits of psychospiritual preparation for dying are enormous. While we prepare, I urge people to take the time to meditate on how to ease oneself into dying gracefully. Savour the small joys, even if they are rare or only come during moments of simultaneous pain. Go slow and be easy on yourself. I say this with utmost care to reduce suffering.

May you find peace in living or dying ❤️
-Rhizo
Thank you, that was the final drop that made me lose any hope for a successful ctb with my plan and start looking for better alternatives. I've read a lot of failed od attempt stories in internet and slowly came to realize that my perfect plan was actually a pretty bad, extremely unreliable and now you've confirmed it. All that time and effort tho... it's really hard to let go of that idea...
Still I feel the need to at least share it. Since injecting myself is out of the question I went for pills. Went to a neurologist a few times and slowly collected
- Zopiclone 150mg (20x 7,5mg),
- Xanax 68mg (136x 0,5mg),
- Atarax (Hydroxyzine) 8750mg (350x 25mg)
- 190 pills of Deanxit (Flupentixol 0,5mg/melitracen 10mg)
I also thought to throw some alcohol into the mix although I can barely tolerate it.
I was so certain that ctb is more than guaranteed (especially since I have no built up tolerance for anything) that I didn't make a thorough research, not until recently when my... how to say it... expiration date is nearing. Now I have to find a new bus ticket and don't have much time. I'm leaning towards full or partial suspension hanging and currently reading about night-night. Antifreeze and jumping from about 37m isn't out of the question yet. Having no peaceful and foolproof method is giving me such anxiety on top of feeling like a complete moron for wasting the time and money I had and now don't have.
Anyway, thank you again for preventing me to most likely puking my guts out for days and probably going through a sheer agony and possibly ending unable to try something else. Although most certainly I wouldn't end up in a hospital since there's no one to find me.
I apologize for my butchered english, it's not my 1st language.
Wish you guys all the best and everything you've planned to go exactly as you want it to.

f1berz

f1berz

Nov 14, 2023
Really sad to read this, was planning to try a caffeine OD. How much did you take?
Don't mind the pain, was hoping to make it look like a heart attack to cause my family less pain.
Yes, same I was planning to do a Caffeine OD but after looking and doing math with certain things it seems like a hard thing to achieve..
Not saying you can't do it, it just seems difficult..
Do not try to overdose on caffeine lol.

Unless you already have a cardiovascular disease you will 99% chance survive.

And be in a ton of pain.
Exact thing I said, its super unlikely to to die from ODing on caffeine.

Rhizomorph1

Rhizomorph1

Oct 24, 2023
Yes, same I was planning to do a Caffeine OD but after looking and doing math with certain things it seems like a hard thing to achieve..
Not saying you can't do it, it just seems difficult..

Exact thing I said, its super unlikely to to die from ODing on caffeine.
Knowing the safety of methylxanthines (such as caffeine), I would guess that the efficacy of caffeine for ctb would be considerably lower than the figures (2-6%) mentioned in my OP.

I would be shocked to hear of someone pulling off a caffeine ctb successfully.

• Love
Reactions: f1berz
F

flickout

Dec 18, 2021
Does phenobarb with 3 days of seclusion fit in this thread?

Thanks for the info.

Rhizomorph1

Rhizomorph1

Oct 24, 2023
Does phenobarb with 3 days of seclusion fit in this thread?

Thanks for the info.
Phenobarbital would be an exception as barbiturates are listed in the PPH. Barbiturates of all types are much more reliable.

It wouldn't be as reliable as nembutal (pentobarbital), but is certainly far more reliable than the 2-6% figures mentioned in this thread.

Just be sure to adjust for dosage accordingly.

Reactions: flickout
C

cjruhand

Jan 24, 2024
I see a lot of posts on this forum mentioning drug poisoning and/or cutting/stabbing as a method of choice.

I want to caution these methods for a few reasons. I respect the right to choose any method but I'm concerned that those using these methods may not be fully informed on the serious risks or incredibly low effectiveness of these methods.
I think people consciously choose painful methods to punish themselves because they feel they deserve it. But most others prefer to go peacefully. Quick/painless death is denied in most countries or becoming increasingly difficult, so it is leaving people with fewer options. That's why some suicidal people out of desperation have to turn to painful methods like hanging/cutting/stabbing/jumping/poisoning etc, because guns, drugs, etc are banned.

Passenger01

Passenger01

Oct 13, 2022
Id just *really* like to find a method thats easy and effective. Id like not to be somewhere easy to find me, where i can just slip away unnoticed and be gone before anyone finds my leftovers. FML.

Rhizomorph1

Rhizomorph1

Oct 24, 2023
I think people consciously choose painful methods to punish themselves because they feel they deserve it. But most others prefer to go peacefully. Quick/painless death is denied in most countries or becoming increasingly difficult, so it is leaving people with fewer options. That's why some suicidal people out of desperation have to turn to painful methods like hanging/cutting/stabbing/jumping/poisoning etc, because guns, drugs, etc are banned.
Yup. I know someone who had their SN taken away so now they're looking at hanging or jumping.

Scares me a bit. I know both are reliable if done right, but one is moderately painful and the injuries from jumping if it fails... Yikes.

I've got my SN somewhere very safe where nobody will find it.

P

PromisedLand

Jan 27, 2024
I live somewhere that acquiring SN would just be impossible, so frustratingly, that method is not available to me.

What about yew (Taxus baccata) though? I'm thinking that is more likely to be successful than most poisoning methods...?

Rhizomorph1

Rhizomorph1

Oct 24, 2023
I live somewhere that acquiring SN would just be impossible, so frustratingly, that method is not available to me.

What about yew (Taxus baccata) though? I'm thinking that is more likely to be successful than most poisoning methods...?
I don't know enough about it. I have no doubt it could work as people have died from it.

But, questions of reliability and peacefulness are in question since few have done it.

If it helps the lethal oral doses of yew leaves in humans are 0.6–1.3 g/kg. Hard to say if this is wet or dry leaves but I recommend drying them/pulverizing them just to be safe. I would take well above 2.6g/kg just to be certain.

An anti-emetic should be taken to reduce or prevent vomiting.

Death may be painful or peaceful and I would know the time before losing consciousness/death without further research.

EDIT: it kills you by cardiac failure and, so it will almost certainly be very fatal.

Opt for a cardiac switch if you even consider this method (take blackout drugs then take the cardiac failure drug just before blacking out so you don't feel the cardiac event. Unless you don't mind intense writhing cardiac pain.

Last edited:
R

reborn87

Student
Jan 27, 2024
Yeah sleeping pills are incredibly non-toxic. Easy to blackout on and behave in incredibly erratic ways that we never would imagine ourselves acting while sober. But unfortunately they are not remotely effective for ctb 🥲

It's probably a good thing since theor safety prevents a lot of accidental overdoses. But it definitely makes our lives harder...
Amitriptyline seems like it works. Thoughts. What is best otc anti vomit pill ?

Rhizomorph1

Rhizomorph1

Oct 24, 2023
Amitriptyline seems like it works. Thoughts. What is best otc anti vomit pill ?
Amitriptyline will work if you consume a very high dose but it causes death by cardiac arrest which will be very painful. I recommend reading the section on cardiac switches/amitriptyline in the peaceful pill handbook to avoid this pain.

Cardiac switches combine a blackout dose of e.g., benzodiazepines so you are not conscious during the cardiac arrest.

Doses for both of these drugs needs to be very precise and a strong anti-emetic is a must.

OTC anti-emetics are pretty useless for drug poisonings. They are intended for minor motion sickness, not global toxicity.

Opt for metoclopramide, domperidone, or a similar prescription anti-emetic. You do not want to risk vomiting out your blackout drug while having absorbed enough amitriptyline to still have a heart attack while conscious. OTC anti-emetics are not worth it in my opinion.

Last edited:
R

reborn87

Student
Jan 27, 2024
Amitriptyline will work if you consume a very high dose but it causes death by cardiac arrest which will be very painful. I recommend reading the section on cardiac switches/amitriptyline in the peaceful pill handbook to avoid this pain.

Cardiac switches combine a blackout dose of e.g., benzodiazepines so you are not conscious during the cardiac arrest.

Doses for both of these drugs needs to be very precise and a strong anti-emetic is a must.

OTC anti-emetics are pretty useless for drug poisonings. They are intended for minor motion sickness, not global toxicity.

Opt for metoclopramide, domperidone, or a similar prescription anti-emetic. You do not want to risk vomiting out your blackout drug while having absorbed enough amitriptyline to still have a heart attack while conscious. OTC anti-emetics are not worth it in my opinion.
How do I get it prescribed from a Dr what do I say without sounding suspicious? For prescription anti vomit drug
How do I get it prescribed from a Dr what do I say without sounding suspicious? For prescription anti vomit drug
I only have Xanax is that ok?

Rhizomorph1

Rhizomorph1

Oct 24, 2023

I only have Xanax is that ok?
Tell them you have migraines that are accompanied by nausea. This has worked for other people.

Check out the SN megathread. It talks about effective antiemetics. The peaceful pill handbook (PPH) also discusses it.

The PPH is highly encouraged for anyone considering ctb to read. Proper deliberation over numerous months is warranted for such a significant decision.

Xanax will work for blacking out. Take a "test" dose a few weeks/months beforehand to ensure the dose is enough to fully lose consciousness.

R

reborn87

Student
Jan 27, 2024
Tell them you have migraines that are accompanied by nausea. This has worked for other people.

Check out the SN megathread. It talks about effective antiemetics. The peaceful pill handbook (PPH) also discusses it.

The PPH is highly encouraged for anyone considering ctb to read. Proper deliberation over numerous months is warranted for such a significant decision.

Xanax will work for blacking out. Take a "test" dose a few weeks/months beforehand to ensure the dose is enough to fully lose consciousness.

Is nausea with migraines a thing? What are all the nausea meds with rx? So Pepcid ac won't work? I have enough amitriptyline

I'm in great physical chronic pain. I can't take care of myself. It's a prison my body. I can't go out. No peace in living I'm 36. And USA healthcare is bs

Rhizomorph1

Rhizomorph1

Oct 24, 2023
Is nausea with migraines a thing? What are all the nausea meds with rx? So Pepcid ac won't work? I have enough amitriptyline

I'm in great physical chronic pain. I can't take care of myself. It's a prison my body. I can't go out. No peace in living I'm 36. And USA healthcare is bs
Metoclopramide is what you want.

Ondansetron & domperidone will also work.

Yep, some people get nausea with their migraines. Metoclopramide is a standard treatment.

I'm really sorry to hear of your chronic pain. I am suffering from chronic fatigue syndrome and it's hell enough. I'm sure what you're going through is awful.

I wish you peace in living or dying ❤️

N

nobodyimportant

Sep 20, 2023
What about heroin? Like a huge amount. Especially if I have no tolerance built up

Rhizomorph1

Rhizomorph1

Oct 24, 2023
What about heroin? Like a huge amount. Especially if I have no tolerance built up
Check out the opioid megathread/guide I wrote up.

I would consider opioids to be moderately reliable compared to pharmaceutical drugs which have low reliability.

Bear in mind that opioids still have a lot of risks and reliability varies substantially between people due to genetic and other factors.

Using a drug checking service is a must given the contaminated and inconsistent illicit drug supply.

I can only confidently recommend the drugs mentioned in the PPH as they are the only drugs known to have high reliability (>80% effectiveness on average. Often closer to 90% with adequate procedure, technique, preparation, protocol, etc.)

HeroinTears

HeroinTears

I care
Jun 10, 2023
Phenobarbital would be an exception as barbiturates are listed in the PPH. Barbiturates of all types are much more reliable.

It wouldn't be as reliable as nembutal (pentobarbital), but is certainly far more reliable than the 2-6% figures mentioned in this thread.

Just be sure to adjust for dosage accordingly.
Butalbital would be another exception. Sh*t is weak as heck. I think like 20 grams is the LD50. Lol! You'd die of apap poisoning before that since the only feasible way of obtaining it is by getting a tencon or fioricet script.

J

Jessi76

Dec 16, 2023
What about propranolol? If you take a high enough dose, it should work, right? The reason people survived was because they were either found in time or got help. At least according to my research so far.

S

Sid19

Student
May 26, 2023

Is Meto a better antiemetic than domperdone?

Rhizomorph1

Rhizomorph1

Oct 24, 2023
Is Meto a better antiemetic than domperdone?
They are relatively equivalent. Meto has more use by members on this forum, but their pharmacology is quite similar. I would use whichever one you have access to, experience with, etc.

If you have both and can't decide, I'd go with the meto simply on the principle of it being more commonly prescribed/used.

B

BJ1234

Nov 18, 2023
Preamble

Re: Ineffectiveness and Risks

Indeed, research by Harvard has placed drug poisonings at about 2% effective, and cutting/stabbing at 1% effective. Other studies have placed both drug poisonings and cutting the arms/legs at only 6% effective. Note that these are aggregate statistics including all drug poisonings, meaning that drugs in the PPH (e.g., SN, N, etc.) are still reliable as they aren't represented accurately by these statistics (they are outliers). However, most drugs outside the PPH that I see people mentioning a lot – such as antidepressants, antipsychotics, anti-inflammatory drugs, and the vast majority of OTC or prescription medications – are well-represented by this statistic.

Meanwhile, the number of potential adverse and painful experiences from drug poisonings or cutting – which often involve long-term complications or injury – are considerable. Cutting bears the risk of infectious disease, traumatic organ damage, hospitalization, and more.

Drug poisonings bear the risk of traumatic brain injury, serotonin syndrome, non-fatal seizures (e.g., antidepressants), liver failure which is incredibly drawn out and painful (e.g., medications containing acetaminophen, ibuprofen or paracetamol; many prescription opioids that are combined with anti-inflammatory drugs come to mind), and various psychosomatic effects ranging from nausea, chills, sweats, headaches, hallucinations, tremors, convulsions, muscle pains, abdominal pain, the list goes on...

Part of the reason that these methods are ineffective is because with drug poisonings the potential to vomit up the drugs and fail ctb is incredibly high. Likewise, with cutting one is very likely to pass out before they can make deep enough and a high enough number of cuts to reliably die.

For these reasons, drug poisonings and cutting can not be considered reliable or peaceful. The only benefit is accessibility but accessibility isn't very meaningful if it just means waking up traumatized in hospital with serious long-term injuries.

I recommend against these methods due to the considerably low efficacy and very high risk of these methods. If one chooses to attempt them regardless, consider an anti-emetic to reduce vomiting and be sure you are informed on the high-risk low-benefit nature of these methods. Even with anti-emetics or methods to reduce/prevent vomiting, drug-poisonings should still be considered unreliable.

There are far lower risk, more effective, and accessible alternatives such as gas (AKA exit bag), charcoal, SN, etc.

Re: Spontaneous and Poorly Planned CTB

The majority of people I see attempting these methods tend to be the ones making spontaneous attempts at ctb. Unless someone is hunting you down to do egregious things to you and time is of the essence (or whatever similar corollary), then please plan your suicide thoroughly with adequate deliberation, materials, etc.

I know it sucks because our fundamental existential dread just wants us to fucking die already; I can relate. But there can be serious consequences to under planned or spontaneous suicide attempts that just make the dread and suffering worse. Take the time to plan and be mindful rather than hastefully ctb.

The benefits of psychospiritual preparation for dying are enormous. While we prepare, I urge people to take the time to meditate on how to ease oneself into dying gracefully. Savour the small joys, even if they are rare or only come during moments of simultaneous pain. Go slow and be easy on yourself. I say this with utmost care to reduce suffering.

-Rhizo
Would hanging using a plastic straw rope be effective, I weigh around 54kg and I am a 5'5 person, would it work?

Rhizomorph1

Rhizomorph1

Oct 24, 2023
Would hanging using a plastic straw rope be effective, I weigh around 54kg and I am a 5'5 person, would it work?
I would consult the hanging megathreads/resource threads. You can find them in the "resources" sticky at the top of the suicide discussion forum

My knowledge is specialized in drugs mostly.