• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Baskol1

Baskol1

No life, no problems
Aug 11, 2019
Many people will say if you want help you should be honest to your therapist/psychologist, or even psychiatrist. I disagree, because when you are too honest you will end up in a psychiatric hospital. Maybe even for months, or in the worst case never get out, because youre a danger to yourself. Some people say involuntary treatment will Help you, and when the treatment is finished you will live a happy and successful life. But actually the opposite is true, the langer you are in a psychiatric hospital, the worse it gets. Atleast it was for me, i become more suicidal in the psychiatric hospital. Why should we be honest to your psychologists, therapists, or psychiatrist when the consequences are ending up in a psychiatric hospital?
Oh and they say bs like every life matters, every life is important. You matter, youre special, blah blah blah.

Last edited:
Rollo

Rollo

No pasaran
Aug 13, 2018
Many people will say if you want help you should be honest to your therapist/psychologist, or even psychiatrist. I disagree, because when you are too honest you will end up in a psychiatric hospital. Maybe even for months, or in the worst case never get out, because youre a danger to yourself. Some people say involuntary treatment will Help you, and when the treatment is finished you will live a happy and successful life. But actually the opposite is true, the langer you are in a psychiatric hospital, the worse it gets. Atleast it was for me, i become more suicidal in the psychiatric hospital. Why should we be honest to your psychologists, therapists, or psychiatrist when the consequences are ending up in a psychiatric hospital?

I think it depends on the person. You can just ask them what their philosophy on right to die is. And go by whether you like the answer or not. You don't have to mention being suicidal either. Mind you even if the guy believes in your right to die, he's looking in the legal and moral barrel too. So you don't have to be honest about suicide, just be honest about other stuff. Knowing you're suicidal won't really change anything therapy wise.

J

Jean Améry

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2019
I think it depends on the person. You can just ask them what their philosophy on right to die is.

Given that they chose a mental health profession already implies they're probably biased and indoctrinated. More importantly: if they're obligated by law to report behaviour that might indicate an imminent suicide-attempt they will most likely rat you out regardless of what their personal beliefs are. Nobody wants to lose their license to practice nor be held liable in a court of law. If you're telling them you're going to CTB you're basically asking for involuntary commitment.

I would advise against disclosing definite plans as this will very likely end badly. With the more stupid or skittish type of therapist it's probably best to avoid the topic of suicide altogether.

Always remember the loyalty of those people lies ultimately with society, not with the individuals they're pretending to treat.

Baskol1

Baskol1

No life, no problems
Aug 11, 2019
Given that they chose a mental health profession already implies they're probably biased and indoctrinated. More importantly: if they're obligated by law to report behaviour that might indicate an imminent suicide-attempt they will most likely rat you out regardless of what their personal beliefs are. Nobody wants to lose their license to practice nor be held liable in a court of law. If you're telling them you're going to CTB you're basically asking for involuntary commitment.

I would advise against disclosing definite plans as this will very likely end badly. With the more stupid or skittish type of therapist it's probably best to avoid the topic of suicide altogether.

Always remember the loyalty of those people lies ultimately with society, not with the individuals they're pretending to treat.

I dont even mention the topic suicide. Never, im not stupid, i know If i talk about suicide, i will likely end up in a psych ward, even if im careful.

Baskol1

Baskol1

No life, no problems
Aug 11, 2019
Might make sense with symptoms for medications but other than that...
They hear "suicide" and it's like they have psych ward on speed dial.

Of course, they dont want a lawsuit because of necligence. Its not even their fault, its the laws i think. Better be safe than sorry.

Rollo

Rollo

No pasaran
Aug 13, 2018
I dont even mention the topic suicide. Never, im not stupid, i know If i talk about suicide, i will likely end up in a psych ward, even if im careful.

So what kind of stuff got you commited?

Reactions: Baskol1
A

a_strange_day

Arcanist
Jul 16, 2019
Many people will say if you want help you should be honest to your therapist/psychologist, or even psychiatrist. I disagree, because when you are too honest you will end up in a psychiatric hospital. Maybe even for months, or in the worst case never get out, because youre a danger to yourself.

what they fear the most is impulsive people, but as long as you dont show up signs of impulsivity you can talk about suicide/death with them without any problem
at least thats what I've experienced since I've been seeing shrinks

mine told me she doesn't like to talk about suicide because her job is to help me to get better, not help me to die, and I understand her pov, but she knows exactly where I stand and plays along
the first sessions though she asked if I thought I could be a danger to myself, I said no, not right away

Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
I've never once mentioned suicide to any therapist despite having thought of it all the damn time when I was younger.

k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
what they fear the most is impulsive people, but as long as you dont show up signs of impulsivity you can talk about suicide/death with them without any problem
at least thats what I've experienced since I've been seeing shrinks
That's pretty much been my experience as well. You just have to be careful what you say and how you say it. I've found you can safely admit to suicidal ideation, as long as you stress that you have no plan or motivation to actually do anything. They'll definitely ask, because they are required to. But in my experience, therapists aren't monsters waiting to lock you up as soon as they can. If you assure them you are safe and won't hurt yourself, it's generally all good.

My dilemma is that I'm lying. I don't feel safe and do intend to harm myself. And while I can say I'm having the thoughts and that they're scary, I can't admit how bad it is. So maybe I'm not getting the help I need. It's a fine line to walk, and I find it to be exhausting. But it's what I have to do, because I also do not intend to get sectioned.

F

Frank

Aug 22, 2019
I've never had that problem. My therapists have always been ok talking about it as long as I wasn't a danger to myself but I agree with your second point. I've spend 7 months in a psych ward and I've never had it as hard with my Day to day life as when I got out.

Reactions: Baskol1 and HGL91
coma-baby

coma-baby

Misanthropic Drunken Loner
Aug 21, 2019
I'll be honest with them up to a point. I had my first stay at a hospital on suicide watch last month and after five days, I had figured out what answers they wanted from me in order to let me go. I was so sick of being there.
With me being in counselling currently, I'm honest with my counselor about having suicidal thoughts, but I don't plan on telling a single soul when I come up with a plan again.
If I'm going to do it, I'll do it.
If I'm not going to go through with it, I won't.
Either way, I'll be no better off if I have a mess of people making a huge fuss over me.

Reactions: Dawn0071111
HGL91

HGL91

Warlock
Jul 2, 2019
I've never had that problem. My therapists have always been ok talking about it as long as I wasn't a danger to myself but I agree with your second point. I've spend 7 months in a psych ward and I've never had it as hard with my Day to day life as when I got out.

What made Day to day life hard after getting out?

F

Frank

Aug 22, 2019
What made Day to day life hard after getting out?
Since we weren't allowed to have out phones in there I lost touch with a lot of friends which made me feel isolated when i got out on top of that life went on as usual while i was in there which alienates you even more. Finally you also lose your routine and support systems

• Aww..
Reactions: bea1974 and HGL91
HGL91

HGL91

Warlock
Jul 2, 2019
Since we weren't allowed to have out phones in there I lost touch with a lot of friends which made me feel isolated when i got out on top of that life went on as usual while i was in there which alienates you even more. Finally you also lose your routine and support systems

How come you didn't reach out to friends once you got out?

F

Frank

Aug 22, 2019
How come you didn't reach out to friends once you got out?
I did but things weren't the same anymore after being excluded for such a long time while they started uni I was drawing drawing a tree of my emotions or playing with horses as a from of therapie