• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

I

idontknow42

Jan 31, 2021
i constantly get confused why i am the way i am and what i need to even fix in my life to obtain happiness. because there's a lot, its not just the result of one event.

i was considering typing out my "life story" until this point, thinking through th me years of everything that happened and getting it on the page. perhaps then i can analyze for the key problems and give a copy of the story to people so they can better understand me perhaps.

has anyone did this before? how did it work? i know it could take hours and hours to write

T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
The exercise might be beneficial even if there was no trauma or abuse. Not everything we deal with comes from our experiences. Some things come from biology. However, taking the time to reflect on one's past can be therapeutic.

If I look back on my past and see some of the foolish and even shameful things I have done, it helps with humility as well as provide hope that in the future I will make even more progress.

UseItOrLoseIt

UseItOrLoseIt

1O'8
Dec 4, 2020
Man, if I started to write my life story I would end up with an intelligibe dribble. I always start meandering and digressing, ending nowhere. It would be something like "Ulysses", just without all the smart stuff.

Title: "Just One More Thing"

Last edited:
Reactions: BluesRunTheGame
MYStERY_Man

MYStERY_Man

The 't' is silent
Jul 15, 2020
My psychologist asked me to make a time-line of my life from when I was 5. Good stuff on the top, bad stuff on the bottom.

For many of these years, I'm finding it very hard to remember anything worth mentioning. Kudos to you if you can do it.

It was supposed to be a pen and paper thing, but I found that too bothersome. So I made a 65 cm wide page on Word and inserted a table with 21 columns and 3 lines, year in the middle. Maybe start from that?

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
1. Born, parents are normie idiots (get shitty genetics with high neuroticism and average intelligence).
2. Life ok-ish during childhood. A lot of gaming.
3. Life becomes worse (approaching adulthood), anhedonia and depressive realism in full throttle.
4. Completely wiped out by mental illness/not being a normie.
5. Joker-mode on a suicide forum.
6. ???

Reactions: BluesRunTheGame
saltshaker

saltshaker

salt shaker, rule breaker
Jan 29, 2021
I tried to do this once and i couldn't get through the highschool part :S
1. Born, parents are normie idiots (get shitty genetics with high neuroticism and average intelligence).
2. Life ok-ish during childhood. A lot of gaming.
3. Life becomes worse (approaching adulthood), anhedonia and depressive realism in full throttle.
4. Completely wiped out by mental illness/not being a normie.
5. Joker-mode on a suicide forum.
6. ???
7. Spectacular pact suicide with your homeboy saltshaker!

• Yay!
Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment