• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Final_Choice

Final_Choice

Mage
Aug 3, 2023
Depends on how it's regulated, how advanced we allow it to get, who/what is the leading developer of AI at certain milestones of the technology, etc. It could go in lots of various ways.

• Informative
Reactions: sserafim
SuicidalOrganism

SuicidalOrganism

Student
May 31, 2023
Depends on how it's regulated, how advanced we allow it to get, who/what is the leading developer of AI at certain milestones of the technology, etc. It could go in lots of various ways.
skynet!

ham and potatoes

ham and potatoes

Just some hillbilly
Mar 27, 2024
Technology, automation, and electronics have been making us lazy and lethargic for ages.
300 years ago, you wanted food, you had to go go manually plant it, take care of it, harvest it by hand... Now you just walk to the fridge.
AI will just be another stepping stone on our laziness journey

gingermacie

gingermacie

head in the clouds
Apr 5, 2024
In the same way social media is being used to replace social interaction. There will be those who will use AI for whatever they can and then those who see the value in foregoing it/using it in moderation. The question is which side will be the majority.

• Informative
QueerMelancholy

QueerMelancholy

Experienced
Jul 29, 2023
I mean if you listen to the tech bros using AI to automate more and more of their workload they're really hustling in more categories than just doing one thing. LOL

I honestly think people are using AI to do more things not less. Do more labor, not less labor the kind of labor just changes.

• Informative
Mäximum

Mäximum

All the effort for nothing...
Apr 5, 2023
I have friends at school who just type everything into an AI and hope for the best. I mean, I can see the potential that this new technology has and I'm also using it sometimes. It can be quite helpful. But you should not base your knowledge on AI. Unfortunately, that's what some people are doing, just because it's easier.

• Wow
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Could have the opposite effect I think. If most of the jobs are taken over by AI. If the costs to run them are so much less- how are people going to earn money? Won't they have to work and compete even harder just to get by?

• Informative
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Misery Minimization Activist
Sep 19, 2023
Moreso than we already are, you mean? We're at a weird place. The 5 day a week 9-to-5 was put in place around 100 years ago, before we had computers at all, nonetheless super computers in our pocket, word processors, printers, phones in our pocket that get service almost anywhere, email, etc. The 9 to 5 hasn't budged, and in some cases has become more of a 9 to 6 with little time for lunch.

I think we are due for a Renaissance. A time where people focus more of their day and life on art, study, and relaxation, as the same amount of work can be done in much less time. Theoretically, ai could help achieve that. It probably won't, though. We've become apathetic zombies, so you're probably right that ai will make us lazier but we'll keep staying at the office 8+ hours/day, our brains turning to mush as ai does the intellectual heavy lifting.

• Informative
surroundedbydemons

surroundedbydemons

Experienced
Mar 6, 2024
Heard tons of people being dependent on artificial intelligence, automating 90% of their workload. What's next, people stop learning new stuff and depend on AI even more?
I completely disagree that it will make people lazy or lethargic and that people will stop learning new stuff.

It will have the opposite effect. People will not have to do routine tasks and focus on interesting/creative problems more. That way, people will learn more new stuff instead of spending their time on old routines.

• Informative
ClaudeCTTE

ClaudeCTTE

Misunderstood...
Aug 22, 2023
I doubt it will happen where I live (third world).

Where I live, it's very unlikely for AI to replace humans. Technology takes years to reach the third world, and I doubt AI will arrive soon. People in my town are very traditionalist, so they prefer to stay away from technology because they believe it brainwashes them, even though they are already brainwashed with their traditionalist mindset and their obsession with religion.

On the other hand, my oldest brother always gaslights me, making me believe that it doesn't make sense for me to work in what I like because AI will take over, and I'll end up unemployed.

LevUwU

LevUwU

I hate my life and the government
Mar 16, 2024
To a degree, yes.

But I think that's a good thing, with AI doing humanoid work that humans don't want to do, that leaves room for humans to be creatives / inventors, which is at the very core of our being.

Sadly, we live in a capitalist society that seeks to remove the creatives and innovators first, and poorly too.

• Informative
ham and potatoes

ham and potatoes

Just some hillbilly
Mar 27, 2024
I sure hope so. Hopefully AI gets developed enough to where humans don't have to slave their entire lives away in the future
On one hand, it sure would be nice to have AI do my job for me. But on the other hand, not having a job and way to earn a living will suck.
Look at all the factory workers that have been replaced by automation over the years. No benefits or anything, just let go one day.
And I don't see any kind of universal income ever happening, even if we all do get laid off and replaced by machines

• Informative