• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

steppingoff

steppingoff

Student
Jan 18, 2024
For the most part of the time I have thought about CTB< i have always considered my method as hanging either partial or full.

But as I read various things about jumping, it's starting to attract my attention.

If you are thinking about jumping, why have you chosen that method?

Reactions: sserafim
thewalkingdread

thewalkingdread

Life is a pointless, undeserved, unnecessary pain.
Oct 30, 2023
It's not my method but I can see why it is very popular...

Although It takes a lot of willpower to overcome SI and jump, it is an easy, accessible method with a fair chance of success. It's also relatively quick... and I guess one won't really get to feel a lot of pain.

Oliver

Oliver

Experienced
Feb 28, 2024
For the most part of the time I have thought about CTB< i have always considered my method as hanging either partial or full.

But as I read various things about jumping, it's starting to attract my attention.

If you are thinking about jumping, why have you chosen that method?
Because along with shooting yourself, it's the most effective method (if done from sufficient height).

steppingoff

steppingoff

Student
Jan 18, 2024
It's not my method but I can see why it is very popular...

Although It takes a lot of willpower to overcome SI and jump, it is an easy, accessible method with a fair chance of success.
I agree it's best to have something only takes one motion to complete. Like kicking off or stepping off a stool

And that it is almost always fatal

ctbcat

ctbcat

Yes, the everlasting contrast.
Jul 14, 2023
somehow, even as you break so many bones, you still have the capability to be beautiful in death, with jumping... i always think about cases like evelyn mchale. i mean... models even go by jumping... it's shallow, i suppose (criticising myself only here) but it's so easy to make jumping feel almost romantic in nature.

there's a lot of things like... jumping means you get to fly, in a way, and that so many jumping spots - concrete jungle, bridge, or real 'jungle' are beautiful, one way or another...

it's a very symbolic death. those are some of the reasons i like it.

Chronosphere

Chronosphere

Student
Jan 17, 2024
I tried to jump from 25th floor building when I was 15 but I couldn't move my legs for the last step. It felt like they were made from stone.
Funny thing is, when I didn't have intention to jump I could easily sit on the edge. SI is weird. I wonder if I could trick it somehow.
I did fall several floors though, accidently, and there was no pain at all. So if I'd choose it - it would be because it is pretty much painless and fast. But it triggers SI way too much.

H

hadenough58

Mar 7, 2024
I think I am too much of a coward to take that final step off a building or bridge, I just want to take something to go to sleep and never wake up.
I don't need to make a show of it or for others to even know I just want it to be over quick and painlessly but we are all different even if we share the same final aim.

• Hugs
Reactions: steppingoff
steppingoff

steppingoff

Student
Jan 18, 2024
I tried to jump from 25th floor building when I was 15 but I couldn't move my legs for the last step. It felt like they were made from stone.
Funny thing is, when I didn't have intention to jump I could easily sit on the edge. SI is weird. I wonder if I could trick it somehow.
I did fall several floors though, accidently, and there was no pain at all. So if I'd choose it - it would be because it is pretty much painless and fast. But it triggers SI way too much.
Has the method stayed with you? How does it resonate with you? I tried to ctb when I was a teenager through hanging, but lately jumping seems to be calling me.

Chronosphere

Chronosphere

Student
Jan 17, 2024
Has the method stayed with you? How does it resonate with you? I tried to ctb when I was a teenager through hanging, but lately jumping seems to be calling me.
Actually I want to hang, lol. I just understood jumping is not method for me and never tried it again. I do realize that it's not painful, but the last step is impossible to make. Maybe something changed, would be cool to stand again on the top of some unfinished tall building alone at night.

astonishedturnip

astonishedturnip

Like Christine Chubbuck, but sadder
Jan 16, 2024
The attraction? It's free, many places in the world you can do it, and some people (like me) love heights. Plus far enough up, it's practically a guarantee. And I'm too dumb/nervous to order stuff that will kill me from the black market and hanging/cutting has always given me the willies.

Obvious downsides are potential for survival if you can't access a spot that's high enough, a corpse that will traumatize passersby/first responders/loved ones, and the possibility of hurting someone on the ground (depending on where you choose). And of course, the countless stories of survivors who said they regretted it on the way down.

However this combined with GSW has been my preferred CTB plan. I'm also afraid of GSW failing so I would probably try to choreograph to where the GSW would send my body off the cliff/ledge/balcony/whatever and the fall would seal the deal. Unfortunately takes a LOT to get over the SI but it does bring the survival rate down to 0% unless you are made of iron.