• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

L

Lookingtotalk

Sep 5, 2022
If there is a fright train traveling approx 20-25 mph, why not wait til the train is 20-30 cars down and then in between a gap lay your neck on the track, instant decapitation right and no conductor ptsd?

• Love
Reactions: Hollowillow
L

Lifeaballache

Student
Aug 28, 2022
Since when were train drivers called conductors? Conductors are the people who sell you tickets on trains...

• Yay!
  • Informative
Reactions: achromatic, Skathon, Hollowillow and 2 others
DeadManLiving

DeadManLiving

Ticketholder
Sep 9, 2022
This is a tricky one. Risk of failure obviously would be tragic multiple amputations or paralysis which would all but hinder a second attempt. There's also the aspect of traumatizing the driver. Done correctly with enough planing, it's an option but wouldn't be my first. To avoid things going seriously wrong, neck braced/latched to the rail with lower body on the downslope away from the tracks. As a failsafe, massive OD on Benzos. strong RC opioids (ideally both) to ease nerves/pain. But only after head/neck rail braced in place. Also have to consider type of train and track location. Definitely away from any crossings where train slows down, ideally in the remote full-speed mid-way between crossings.

To minimize impact on train operator, brace neck on rail opposite to driver's side in low visibility conditions. Definately in the dead of night, during severe fog/rain or better yet snow where you could at least camouflage in.

Must be on a dark snowy or foggy night at a blind zone junction, that way train's headlight is off-center and if you're well-camouflaged at rail opposite to driver's side, driver probably won't even see you.

Still a nerve-wrecking set up. With a concoction of barbiturates, benzos and opioids washed down with a bottle of Jack doable for those with nerves of steel.

• Informative
Reactions: chloramine, Endex, Hollowillow and 1 other person
Tiberius85

Tiberius85

Aug 21, 2022
What I always want to say to anyone thinking about doing this: don't do this. Suicide is your own personal choice. So, don't pull someone innocent into this: in this case, the train driver.

Throwing yourself in front of the train will most likely traumatize the train driver, who has no responsibility in your situation and suicide.

There are plenty of opportunities to kill yourself, if that is what you want. This is not the method.

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: Alayna, Suicidebydeath, chloramine and 4 others
Endex

Endex

Magic bus
Jun 13, 2022
I think about this method every time I cross the rail tracks when I'm out walking. I'd have to be extremely desperate to end it this way personally. Like others that have posted on here I'd like a peaceful way out with no mess, I don't want to traumatise the people that have to literally pick up the pieces. But we are all in different predicaments and this maybe the only option for some. Peace and love.

• Hugs
Reactions: Suicidebydeath, chloramine, Un- and 2 others
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
It's a very fast and painless way to go. The top speed of a metra train in the U.S is 79 mph. But let's just assume it's half that so 40 mph. The weight of a metra train is 385,000 lbs. Use this simple equation to calculate force. F=ma. 385,000x40=15,400,000 newtons or 3,461,920 lbs of force. That's equivalent to 288 African elephants. Yea, you're not going to survive 3,000,000 lbs of force hitting your face. Plus it's fast, easy, and simple. You don't have to go out of the way of getting prescription grade antiemetics just so you can swallow some SN. Or spend a ton of money on getting Nembutal. Not everyone has access to SN so the train could be a better method.
Fast and simple unless you are the poor person watching it happen out the locomotive windshield. Do not impose on others by asking them to kill you.

Reactions: Suicidebydeath, chloramine, Endex and 2 others
StrangePossum

StrangePossum

Dec 22, 2021
For me I would not prefer the train method because I don't want to leave a messy scene for someone to clean up, or to traumatize the train driver and passengers like others have said. Besides that, I feel like it would be way, way scarier to stand in front of a train versus just swallowing a drug. Maybe if my top choices of methods were not available, I would consider it, but as long as there's still the possibility of a more peaceful death then I don't think I would be likely to try this method.

This is unrelated, but there've been a few train suicides in my area in the past few years and I've always been curious how they did it -- whether they laid their neck on the track or if they did something else. I also kind of wonder if there've been any cases of people attempting the train method but failing -- since those wouldn't make it into the news like a fatal attempt would. I guess there's no way for me to know, though.

Reactions: Suicidebydeath and Endex
Hollowillow

Hollowillow

I want throat hugs & anime! Can't use chat pm me
Aug 7, 2022
It's a very fast and painless way to go. The top speed of a metra train in the U.S is 79 mph. But let's just assume it's half that so 40 mph. The weight of a metra train is 385,000 lbs. Use this simple equation to calculate force. F=ma. 385,000x40=15,400,000 newtons or 3,461,920 lbs of force. That's equivalent to 288 African elephants. Yea, you're not going to survive 3,000,000 lbs of force hitting your face. Plus it's fast, easy, and simple. You don't have to go out of the way of getting prescription grade antiemetics just so you can swallow some SN. Or spend a ton of money on getting Nembutal. Not everyone has access to SN so the train could be a better method.
"you're not going to survive 3,000,000 lbs of force hitting your face"

*Giggles*

I wish... We still need to find a blind spot so he doesn't stop. Do we need to tie our neck to the tracks? I love trains...
If you jump in front of a really fast train, you will probably die without knowing it. From that perspective it's a good method. But as the others said: body parts will fly everywhere :ahhha: traumatizing everyone nearby:I.
That... Hahaha... Made me laugh so hard. It sounds like a bonus. I'm mad at society as much as I hate myself.

Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: Un-
SexyIncél

SexyIncél

🍭my lollipop brings the feminists to my candyshop
Aug 16, 2022
While I wouldn't want to choose trains — it's hard enough to practice & die under controlled conditions, much less perform gymnastics in front of rapid metal caterpillars — our deaths typically WILL traumatize people

Governments add too many fucking constraints on our euthanasia. There's ways to do it victimlessly. But the state goes out of its way to criminalize euthanasia, leading to outcomes like this

Reactions: Archieozias, makethepainstop, chloramine and 2 others
C

clockface

Jan 28, 2022
I would think it's a case of Ockham's razor in it's purest form - the simplest solution is usually the best. With all the prep needed for SN, the possible convulsions, the lack of 100% guarantee of success, I would think that enough Xanax, a few drinks and laying your neck on the tracks, especially if timed so that you didn't lay there for 15 minutes, but rather 3, would be quite doable. There's also the idea that every large city has a tall parking garage and the walls around the top floor are easily scaled. I would think a 10-story face plant on to asphalt or concrete would be pretty easy. As for the PTSD of the driver, who ever really gave a fuck about how I felt. It probably isn't the first nor last person or car they've smashed.

C

chloramine

Arcanist
Apr 18, 2022
I believe that we shouldn't be forced to live, but involving someone else without their consent? I'm not okay with that. What if it was the thing that started them on a downward spiral to where so many of us are here? So many of us are in some form of pain near constantly. I don't want to add another person to that.

Reactions: StolenLife, Hirokami and Suicidebydeath
S

Sad_Sack

Experienced
Oct 3, 2022
Best option for train is always lay neck on the track, but it takes a lot to lay there and wait for it. Body across the tracks or standing on tracks can leave room for error, but neck on track should be fairly certain
It would be really hard feeling the vibration and rumble building up and getting c!oser and the conductor blasting the horn at you. Not peaceful at all.

Reactions: Suicidebydeath
N

No blackangel

Sep 18, 2022
What are the chances if one jumps in front of a semi truck?

Reactions: Cantbereal
emgrl

emgrl

Mage
Aug 6, 2022
I worked in the recovery room for many years, and there was a girl, like 22 years old… she wanted to commit suicide by placing her wrists on the tracks, I guess she figured she'd bleed out. She didn't, the wide wheels, heavy train, and quickness that it was moving, simply cauterized them instead.

She was still alive, only with no hands. Like any other method, things can go horribly wrong.

• Wow
  • Aww..
Reactions: StolenLife, sleeps, Endex and 2 others
Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
Like most people, it's because it involves other innocent people.

Reactions: Endex
makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022
Why I frown on the train method? Because I don't want to come to in a hospital missing limbs, and brain damaged, then to be transferred to a nursing home to live in hell there. But if you think it's ok.......

Reactions: Someone123, Endex and Fadeawaaaay
C

Cantbereal

Student
Mar 20, 2022
There are gruesome issues with most suicides. I have a freight train near. I can't find any other way. I hear it all night long. Nothing is 100. Do what you need to!!!

Reactions: Skathon
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
I bet if you are brave enough that the 'Chainsaw method' is equally effective. I am not sure I am brave enough for this one, but it is a nicer solo method.

Reactions: Kawaii_Shoujo215
L

Lifeaballache

Student
Aug 28, 2022
Surely if you put your neck on the line you would die instantly from being electrocuted anyway???
Stupid question but if one were to put their neck on the rail, there would be no chance of survival right? Since the wheels of the train would literally decapitate you.

Aside from that I would not like anyone else to feel guilty for my suicide so this wouldn't be an option for me.

P

PurpleMonkey

May 3, 2018
I'm not "afraid" of the train method; I just think people who do it are selfish dipshits who want to make a spectacle of themselves, interrupt people's commute, and traumatize unsuspecting witnesses.

Sorry-not-sorry if that sounds harsh but don't suck the surrounding world into your black hole of misery. If SS is meant to have legitimacy then we should discuss humane, consensual and private methods as opposed to promoting attention-whoring in a public arena that'll get you no respect (beyond some CCTV footage maybe making its way onto BestGore).

Reactions: Endex and Hirokami
Fadeawaaaay

Fadeawaaaay

Visionary
Nov 12, 2021
Just imagine your body getting torn to pieces by a speeding Locomotive. It's gruesome and terrifying.

L

lifeORdeath

Student
Oct 11, 2022
UUnkess
Stupid question but if one were to put their neck on the rail, there would be no chance of survival right? Since the wheels of the train would literally decapitate you.

Aside from that I would not like anyone else to feel guilty for my suicide so this wouldn't be an option for me.
Unless your neck is wider than big train wheel. Then it will more like smash you skull and neck or your chest and neck..
Just imagine your body getting torn to pieces by a speeding Locomotive. It's gruesome and terrifying.
Like hamburger meat strung all over the place

BillyBob

BillyBob

Jun 14, 2018
Thought about this Idea. But do not want to scare the train driver and here where I live the front of the train is low so it would hit your head before the train wheels would reach you meaning it could fail.

Hell-On-Earth

Hell-On-Earth

Born to suffer
Apr 22, 2022
I was trying to jump infront of the tube the other week. The SI you get as the train is approaching is unreal, I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Also when you consider that people to survive these things and end up losing limbs it's not worth the risk.

Reactions: makethepainstop and Endex
GreyCTB

GreyCTB

Student
Aug 26, 2022
Just so you guys know, the calculations that OP did here are not correct at all. The actual force that will hit you is different compared to this, unless you are an immovable object maybe that will cause the train to come to a stop the moment it hits you. And even then all the units are incorrect. In reality you will only get an extremely small force compared to the number from OP

• Informative
Reactions: Skathon, achromatic and Alayna
S

SamTam33

Warlock
Oct 9, 2022
I've always worried about a derailment and how many people would end up late for work or worse.

My only condition to ctb is that I don't want to bring anyone with me.

It doesn't have to be peaceful or painless. It doesn't have to be simple or cheap. I only need it to be effective and something that requires no assistance from anyone else.

No jumping in front cars or trains. No jumping off bridges onto highways or sidewalks.

A

Amccorm2

Nov 7, 2022
So, I work on the railway in the UK and have attended several fatalities and can tell you very bluntly, it's not a dignified way to go. It's most definitely a reliable method as long as the train is not coming to a stop (20 miles per hour or less).

Trains here travel at upto 125 miles per hour. I've never seen anyone survive an impact with a train. I've known of fellow workers be hit by trains traveling at 25 miles per hour and die on their way to hospital. It also makes a complete wreck of the train driver and any staff involved. Some of the bad ones even mess up the police/ first response teams.

• Aww..
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra and Quinlor
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
Why I frown on the train method? Because I don't want to come to in a hospital missing limbs, and brain damaged, then to be transferred to a nursing home to live in hell there. But if you think it's ok.......
That's exactly it- based on a train driver who posted here (all train drivers hit people trying to ctb, on average maybe twice a year) 10 of 14 he hit did ctb- one of them was in the hospital fo four days before dying- this was likely four very intense days of suffering. Of the survivors there were likely missing limbs, brain damage, etc., as in common in these cases.

Freebird4567

Freebird4567

Nov 7, 2022
I'm scared that I'd survive but be brain damaged or paralysed and wouldn't be able to try and ctb again

Reactions: m00nlyte and Someone123
ForeverLonely82

ForeverLonely82

Student
Dec 22, 2021
My best friend from my teenage days Put his neck on the track. Beheaded him cleanly. I wish I wasn't chasing pussy back then, maybe I could have somehow saved him.