• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

JayJay

JayJay

Jun 17, 2022
It's a very fast and painless way to go. The top speed of a metra train in the U.S is 79 mph. But let's just assume it's half that so 40 mph. The weight of a metra train is 385,000 lbs. Use this simple equation to calculate force. F=ma. 385,000x40=15,400,000 newtons or 3,461,920 lbs of force. That's equivalent to 288 African elephants. Yea, you're not going to survive 3,000,000 lbs of force hitting your face. Plus it's fast, easy, and simple. You don't have to go out of the way of getting prescription grade antiemetics just so you can swallow some SN. Or spend a ton of money on getting Nembutal. Not everyone has access to SN so the train could be a better method.

• Yay!
Reactions: Archieozias, waiting93, thecolourgold and 15 others
S

Seeking_Peace

Arcanist
May 18, 2022
I believe it has more to do with the train conductor.

• Love
Reactions: Docc, hhh_, lyk0s002 and 39 others
JayJay

JayJay

Jun 17, 2022
It takes approximately 46 seconds for a train to come to a complete stop. But I assume that we're not trying to give the conductor ptsd?

Reactions: hhh_, thecolourgold, nozomu and 6 others
W

WanderingWater

Student
Apr 7, 2022
Surviving as a mangled pile of flesh without arms or legs is a realistic possibility.

It's not a matter of being scared. It's weighing the odds of greater disability.

• Wow
Reactions: helicoptero, Archieozias, justastranger and 36 others
BluesRunTheGame

BluesRunTheGame

Blackpilled
Dec 15, 2020
I'm definitely not pro-life but one guy I knew got his legs chopped off through this. I mean he was probably drunk (he was an alcoholic) but if you know what you're doing I say why not? (Train drivers understand it's gonna happen if they're in the job for a while and they're not idiots.)

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: waiting93, thecolourgold, Cantbereal and 8 others
S

Seeking_Peace

Arcanist
May 18, 2022
There was a user on here who lost their legs in a failed attempt.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: sorrowful, helicoptero, Archieozias and 21 others
Anarcholoser

Anarcholoser

patron saint of denial
Jan 8, 2021
There's a train track by my house, so I hear trains almost every night. In fact I hear one right now. I have definitely thought about attempting that way, but I worry about traumatizing the conductor. The pain and fear my PTSD has caused me is one of the main reasons I want to end my life, I don't want to saddle another person with this heavy burden.

• Love
Reactions: hhh_, thecolourgold, moya117 and 26 others
Salvation_

Salvation_

"Please, finish my story."
Nov 25, 2020
(Train drivers understand it's gonna happen if they're in the job for a while and they're not idiots.)

Do they know it's a possibility? Yes. Are they expecting it? No. Rationality and trauma do not go together, and one doesn't know how they will react to a situation until they experience it. Train drivers don't get paid enough to see this shit.

Reactions: hhh_, BloatedGloater, babiebeann and 30 others
B

Bodydysmorphia

Jun 15, 2022
Surviving as a mangled pile of flesh without arms or legs is a realistic possibility.

It's not a matter of being scared. It's weighing the odds of greater disability.

There was a user on here who lost their legs in a failed attempt.

Stupid question but if one were to put their neck on the rail, there would be no chance of survival right? Since the wheels of the train would literally decapitate you.

Aside from that I would not like anyone else to feel guilty for my suicide so this wouldn't be an option for me.

Reactions: StolenLife, Helpneedtips, Hell-On-Earth and 6 others
D

deathisnear

Experienced
May 23, 2021
Stupid question but if one were to put their neck on the rail, there would be no chance of survival right? Since the wheels of the train would literally decapitate you.

Aside from that I would not like anyone else to feel guilty for my suicide so this wouldn't be an option for me.
Best option for train is always lay neck on the track, but it takes a lot to lay there and wait for it. Body across the tracks or standing on tracks can leave room for error, but neck on track should be fairly certain

Reactions: 12_Years_Late, thecolourgold, Skathon and 3 others
A

Advisor321

Student
Jun 3, 2022
This method can be deadly and failure at the same time.

Not all trains go fast enough. You can end up broken, without legs/arms, or as crippled bcs of head injury.
Only way is to lay down your head on railway track but this method is brutal, and will turn on your SI immediately.

I would also fear the pain of getting hit. And the noise of upcoming train is unbearable

Reactions: hhh_, thecolourgold, Ambivalent1 and 12 others
symphony

symphony

surving hour-by-hour
Mar 12, 2022
The absolute biggest reason I would never use this method given any reasonable alternative is that it forcibly involves another human being against their will. That train conductor could easily be traumatized for life, avoidably, and on my hands. That's unjustifiable to me.

• Love
Reactions: hhh_, thecolourgold, bijou59 and 23 others
S

sfabians

Student
Nov 7, 2021
Some methods risk permanent brain damage. The train method has it's own risks.
The absolute biggest reason I would never use this method given any reasonable alternative is that it forcibly involves another human being against their will. That train conductor could easily be traumatized for life, avoidably, and on my hands. That's unjustifiable to me.
Yes, it's different from an accident which is due to error. This is premeditated against someone's will.
If there are any bystanders, they could be kids and sensitive people who may be traumatized.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ilayis, Jadzia, willitpass and 4 others
Z

Zerengin96

Student
Jun 14, 2022
I couldnt do it. It needs to be something where no blood is spilled

• Hugs
Reactions: moggedtodeath, waitingforrest, Endex and 1 other person
Quinlor

Quinlor

The stranger
Feb 21, 2019
If you jump in front of a really fast train, you will probably die without knowing it. From that perspective it's a good method. But as the others said: body parts will fly everywhere :ahhha: traumatizing everyone nearby:I.

• Yay!
Reactions: thecolourgold, moya117, Ilayis and 7 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
To me it sounds horrifying and brutal, and I would be scared of it going wrong in some way. It is my worst nightmare ending up with damage from an attempt and in general, the fear of failure is what holds me back from ctb. No one should have to leave this world that way, it is cruel how the society denies people the option of a peaceful exit. I believe that someone must be really desperate to be able to ctb by train.

• Hugs
Reactions: sorrowful, helicoptero, SomethingsOff and 19 others
Mr. Incapable

Mr. Incapable

Also inadequate, incompetent, weak & powerless
Jun 21, 2022
I wouldn't trust myself to jump at the right time. Also, I couldn't do it knowing how it'd affect the driver / other passengers

• Hugs
Reactions: Ilayis, Helpneedtips, Jadzia and 5 others
dirtnap

dirtnap

Jun 7, 2022
My SI would kick in, it seems like a very frantic way to go. I'm looking to CTB peacefully.

• Hugs
Reactions: thecolourgold, Ilayis, Numbtopain97 and 6 others
JayJay

JayJay

Jun 17, 2022
This method can be deadly and failure at the same time.

Not all trains go fast enough. You can end up broken, without legs/arms, or as crippled bcs of head injury.
Only way is to lay down your head on railway track but this method is brutal, and will turn on your SI immediately.

I would also fear the pain of getting hit. And the noise of upcoming train is unbearable
As mentioned by other users. I'm pretty certain if you lay your neck on the track you have like a 0.00001% survival rate. You're pretty much guaranteed to get decapitated.
If you jump in front of a really fast train, you will probably die without knowing it. From that perspective it's a good method. But as the others said: body parts will fly everywhere :ahhha: traumatizing everyone nearby:I.
Haha I know I'm selfish, but that sounds pretty fun to have limbs flying everywhere.

• Yay!
Reactions: 12_Years_Late, thecolourgold, Ilayis and 1 other person
O

ornitier199

Arcanist
Mar 26, 2022
I'm not. I just lived far away from the metro station. but that was then, i'm stay more closer now, walking distance.
i was reading this and decided it'll be my bets chance. head on the tracks.

I can assure, this brutal method is nowhere near the mental torture i've endured of being alive.

The major question is, why the hell i felt the need to post about it; i didn't. the conductor won't even see it happen. it's time to end this once and for all.
no more circles no more slug, all death

• Hugs
Reactions: Cantbereal, clockface, spectraltease and 1 other person
CursedSoul

CursedSoul

Cursed to stay, Cursed to Suffer...
Jun 4, 2022
i admit, i'm fucked up like you, i would laugh my ass off seeing my body after being run over, but man, the train driver doesn't deserve this, he is gonna blame himself and wish over and over he could have done something else, seen you earlier, etc... And this man is gonna have PTSD, and believe he is the reason you died. And that is EVEN if he prepared. No matter how much support he got, no matter how ready or how it happens, they WILL feel guilty. I'm a suicidal maniac, but even me i refuse to make someone suffer so hard just for a painless death.

• Love
Reactions: hhh_, moya117, Ilayis and 8 others
lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
Risk of causing the conductor to ctb. He didn't sign up for seeing a dead mutilated body. Plus feeling guilty for driving the train that ends my life.

At least for the cops and such who come to my house/apartment/hotel room it'll be another Tuesday for them. Plus no guilt of having any part of my death. I'll leave a delayed message and everything on what to expect before I go.

Reactions: Ilayis, Suicidebydeath, clockface and 2 others
B

betternever2havbeen

Elementalist
Jun 19, 2022
I don't think I could physically force myself to jump. Same as from a tall building, I just couldn't make myself do it I don't think. I don't even know if I could do any method as I haven't tried, but out of all of them jumping in front of a train or off a tall building I feel is the least likely I'd be able to do.

More importantly I don't wanna involve anyone else. We live in a world where people think they could/should be able to stop a person committing suicide and I don't want anyone else thinking that or feeling any guilt. Suicide is already considered selfish but jumping in front of a train when you have other options, yeh it kind of is because the mess you leave behind for people physically and emotionally seems worse than other methods.

Reactions: nixxeekes, Suicidebydeath, FrootyBat and 1 other person
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
There's the possibility of being deflected off the front of the train, somewhere to the side on the tracks, horribly injured, but not dead, and then "saved" and taken to the hospital, only to survive, in far worse shape than before you decided to throw yourself in front of a train. There are far more surefire ways that are much more peaceful and, for me, that's what I'm looking for. To each their own, though.

Reactions: Archieozias, Endex and chloramine
M

MyStateKilledMe

Arcanist
Apr 23, 2020
I read in another thread that headbutting a train is pretty effective. That is, you stand at a crossing, bend over 90 degrees in the direction the train is coming, and wait for the sweet release of death. The head trauma from a 300,000 lb (136,000 kg) train hitting a 170 lb (77 kg) person just has to be hard enough to kill. One thing that helps is to pick a crossing that's as far from a train station as possible, so the train is traveling the fastest, or simply use a freight railroad line.

Of course, you're still going to traumatize the driver. But with SN becoming increasingly hard to buy, and other methods being even harder to buy, we have to fight dirty.

• Love
Reactions: helicoptero, 12_Years_Late, Ilayis and 3 others
X

xo777

are we almost there?
Apr 5, 2022
I want to prevent traumatizing anyone the best I can. That would be unfair for the conductor I can't do that lol

Reactions: nixxeekes, Suicidebydeath, FrootyBat and 2 others
M

miulake

Mar 24, 2021
Because people are not that brave. Most people who want to die, deliberately make their plans overcomplicated so the plan ultimately fails because they are too scared of actually going through with it.
A train is too simple, too quick and frightening with a high chance of success. So people usually avoid this method.

• Informative
Reactions: toofargone6969, Ilayis, Skathon and 3 others
O

obafgkm

Experienced
Jun 3, 2022
The train method affects many people and probably receive a lot of cursing and swearing if it happens at peak hours. If one can tolerate that level of impact, the jump method is probably more considerate in most cases.

Reactions: Jadzia, Suicidebydeath, chloramine and 1 other person
Euthanza

Euthanza

Self Righteous Suicide
Jun 9, 2022
It's exactly the same reason why homo sapiens need to legalise euthanasia and assisted suicide.

Fast: yes
Painless: not sure
Peaceful: no

• Love
Reactions: TomIsNotMyName, LostInNowhere, m00nlyte and 5 others