• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Warlock
Apr 15, 2024
I'm referring to this commonly cited chart:

205561 1721406496164

While shotgun to head has the highest chance of lethality and one of the lowest rates of agony, how did they calculate it to take in general 1.7 MINUTES to die? Do they think consciousness survives up to almost 2 minutes after the brain is destroyed? Questions like these creep me out.

PetrichorBirth

PetrichorBirth

Student
Mar 5, 2024
Mind sharing the source of the chart? The way things are calculated are always explained in scientific studies.

A wild guess : "Shotgun to the head" does not imply a destroyed brain. It is possible to shoot your head with a shotgun in such a way to destroy your face, causing its flaps to collapse into the airway, but with the brain still being fine. If this happens, and flaps + blood get into the airways, i could imagine that suffocating this way can take a good while, combined with all the blood loss and stuff going on.

Case in point :

KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Warlock
Apr 15, 2024
Mind sharing the source of the chart? The way things are calculated are always explained in scientific studies.

A wild guess : "Shotgun to the head" does not imply a destroyed brain. It is possible to shoot your head with a shotgun in such a way to destroy your face, causing its flaps to collapse into the airway, but with the brain still being fine. If this happens, and flaps + blood get into the airways, i could imagine that suffocating this way can take a good while, combined with all the blood loss and stuff going on.

Case in point :

Thanks for the link. How is this shit even still on YouTube? I've seen a lot of such videos but not on YT, lol. I'm gonna find you the link to the chart. It's just weird how they reached 99% lethality but 1.7 minutes time. Maybe the 1% who survived at first and died later drove up the "time" rate.
The study is from:

CE Rhyne, DI Templer, LG Brown and NB Peters, "Dimensions of Suicide: Perceptions of Lethality, Time and Agony", in Suicide and Life-Threatening Behavior, Vol. 25(3), 1995.

PetrichorBirth

PetrichorBirth

Student
Mar 5, 2024
Thanks for the link. How is this shit even still on YouTube?

You'd be surprised how much morbid stuff exists on Youtube. It's just that most of it is hidden behind age-restrictions, so you'll only find it if you specifically look for something.

Tesha

Tesha

Life too shall pass
May 31, 2020
I suggest you don't look up studies into the time it takes for the heads of decapitated animals (and humans) to stop positively responding to external stimuli. It's a quickish death, but doesn't appear to be instant.

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
More fake news. A shotgun shell to the head would mush the brain in milliseconds.

Reactions: lifeisbutadream and pthnrdnojvsc
KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Warlock
Apr 15, 2024
I suggest you don't look up studies into the time it takes for the heads of decapitated animals (and humans) to stop positively responding to external stimuli. It's a quickish death, but doesn't appear to be instant.
Too late, I watch that stuff many times a week šŸ˜…šŸ¤£
More fake news. A shotgun shell to the head would mush the brain in milliseconds.
Yeah, like 1.7 minutes?!! Although I did see a few videos where the victim took a few breaths after the head was open.

• Wow
Reactions: Tesha
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022

Case in point :

I originally posted it. It is from LostAllHope....

Just because you're "technically" alive for a "guesstimated" 1.7 minutes, doesn't mean you're consciously aware of anything. I don't know if you've ever seen someone die of natural causes, but I have 3 times, and even after last breath, the heart continues to beat for a little while. Bodily functions are not turned-off like a light switch.

Last edited:
KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Warlock
Apr 15, 2024
I originally posted it. It is from LostAllHope....

Just because you're "technically" alive for a "guesstimated" 1.7 minutes, doesn't mean you're consciously aware of anything. I don't know if you've ever seen someone die of natural causes, but I have 3 times, and even after last breath, the heart continues to beat for a little while. Bodily functions are not turned-off like a light switch.
Ahh, so they don't mean consciousness, just bodily functions. Thank you, it makes sense now! I've seen the study referenced for over a year now and I always wondered about it since I saw it on LostAllHope. And you're right. I've not seen it IRL, but videos, where the heart beat for over 3 minutes in the hand of a cartel member who just decapitated the owner of the heart. So I guess the study would say decapitation takes 3 minutes to die after the head is off, lol.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Ahh, so they don't mean consciousness, just bodily functions. Thank you, it makes sense now! I've seen the study referenced for over a year now and I always wondered about it since I saw it on LostAllHope. And you're right. I've not seen it IRL, but videos, where the heart beat for over 3 minutes in the hand of a cartel member who just decapitated the owner of the heart. So I guess the study would say decapitation takes 3 minutes to die after the head is off, lol.
Woah. Wait. IDK where they got their data or what they mean. I'm sort of just guessing that's what the 1.7 minutes means. If someone eats a shotgun barrel and takes out their brain stem, that's game over. The body will wind down after that, but it won't be instant stop on the heart. Not sure of the breathing, but probably the same. I guess it's like "residual" messaging that still got through until there is no more. I can't see how anyone could be aware of anything after the brain stem is taken out by a shotgun blast.

Reactions: lifeisbutadream
KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Warlock
Apr 15, 2024
Woah. Wait. IDK where they got their data or what they mean. I'm sort of just guessing that's what the 1.7 minutes means. If someone eats a shotgun barrel and takes out their brain stem, that's game over. The body will wind down after that, but it won't be instant stop on the heart. Not sure of the breathing, but probably the same. I guess it's like "residual" messaging that still got through until there is no more. I can't see how anyone could be aware of anything after the brain stem is taken out by a shotgun blast.
Exactly, that's why I always wondered about the 1.7 minutes in their chart. Brain stem and thalamus is what science says creates consciousness, so if that's destroyed instantly it should be lights out instantly, unless consciousness lingers on for a bit like heat from a fireplace lingers on after the fire is extinguished and then dissipates. But then again, I doubt that the study had such in mind especially after what you said it may mean.

Dolphin55

Dolphin55

Jan 7, 2023
This chart just seems really wack. Why does it say dying from a train apparently takes 17 minutes but only rates as a 7 on the agony scale? Wtf? Meanwhile apparently shooting yourself in the chest with a shotgun is less painful than dying via carbon monoxide?

• Informative
Reactions: KillingPain267
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
.......unless consciousness lingers on for a bit like heat from a fireplace lingers on after the fire is extinguished and then dissipates.
That's a really interesting comparison. I like it.

Idk. I hear and agree with what you're saying. Consciousness *should* be gone. But, we can never really know, can we? As a Mr. Donald Rumsfeld once put it:

"because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknownsā€”the ones we don't know we don't know."

• Informative
Reactions: KillingPain267