• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

A

All_is_in_vanity

Jan 9, 2023
No hate. I'm glad there is a form for people who are or want to recover but I thought this was part of the anti-life philosophy tree? I thought suicide was the only right choice and it's stupid to think someone can"recover" from it. No hate just genuine curiosity

E

Equaldentist

Mar 9, 2024
I think anti-life is the philosophy of the suicide subforum, but it wouldn't be here, because this is the recovery subforum. It can be possible to recover, it just depends on your individual circumstances.

SoulCage

SoulCage

Dec 28, 2023
Everyone can and should decide for themselves. It is healthy to talk about death and to reflect on all possibilities. It could be that speaking/thinking about it can make you see it differently and then it is good to exchange with people who had the same thoughts but decided to recover. I think a recovery section is a good addition here.

I really lik this thread from someone who recovered and still supports this forum. It's a really good read.

Dliena

Dliena

𝚂𝚂 𝙼𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝙽𝚘. 43,53?
Dec 22, 2023
It's just an option for folks on here that want to maybe give life another shot or to better themselfs in some way. Nobody forces anything and that's how it should be.

W

wCvML2

Nov 15, 2021
To make an informed decision, you need to have the complete picture - to know that both paths exist and are well-trodden. But it's not black and white; there's no "only right choice" because then it wouldn't be a choice.

wurr

wurr

If you want, you can talk to me about anything
Jul 17, 2023
I feel like anti-life is only the philosophy of the suicide section, while pro choice is the philosophy of the forum i think

Proteus

Proteus

Oceanic Member
Feb 6, 2024
The idea of this place is the right to die, not the obligation. We believe in autonomy over your own body, and that also implies the choice to live. Silence kills, and for many, not freely talking about suicide doesn't help them. IMO, it's a great idea to have this tab, because you should be able to change your mind without pressure. You can also express your death desires without judgement for better healing.

anti-life philosophy
There are may users with different ideas, some of which think life can be good, it's worth it for many, or isn't normally as bad as many users have it. Nowhere in the rules is stated you must see all life as miserable to join. This said, there is overlapping with anti-life people, but I see nothing wrong with that.

Reactions: Bianka
Bianka

Bianka

No longer human
Jan 16, 2024
Sorry but wtf. We're trying to show the world that we're pro-choice not pro-suicide. I'm guessing you read about promortality then came to this conclusion but no. Philosophy is one thing being against the recovery forum is baffling

Reactions: BrainShower and vak
K

KafkaF

Taking a break from the website.
Nov 18, 2023
No hate. I'm glad there is a form for people who are or want to recover but I thought this was part of the anti-life philosophy tree? I thought suicide was the only right choice and it's stupid to think someone can"recover" from it. No hate just genuine curiosity
This forum isn't "pro-death." Certainly that isn't my experience and those aren't my beliefs. This place is pro-choice. The philosophy here is that you have a right to make your own decision. Be that recovery or suicide, both are accepted here.

You're just objectively wrong. People can and do recover from the place of wanting to kill themselves. There are thousands upon thousands of testimonials out there that show this. And there is scientific evidence that shows people can recover from things like severe depression.

This forum is a forum where people with suicidal thoughts come to talk to others who understand what they're going through and do not judge them for it or call 911. That can be for information on how to end it but also emotional support or seeking to get better. It's their choice and I'm glad it's here. I've used the recovery category msny times as I often switch between wanting to live and wanting to die.

Personally I would rather people recover. But I still acknowledge other people have the right to choose.