Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019

Apparently standard lethal injections are agonizing to endure in the time leading up to death.

Why not just inject them with pentobarbital? Unless torture *is* what they're going for?

Reactions: Hurt, Meditation guide, it's_all_a_game and 2 others
RoyalSapphire

RoyalSapphire

Aug 11, 2020
i have no idea how many executions are made every day but maybe its cheaper than pentobarbital?
still, what a horrible way to go

Reactions: Pen>Sword and Wrennie
Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
I read something about certain drug companies not wanting their product to be associated with executions and refusing to sell to them for that specifically, but Nembutal is already associated with assisted-suicide, so I fail to see much of a difference if that is their sole reasoning behind it.

Last edited:
Reactions: ithappens, Meditation guide and Pen>Sword
Bootleg Astolfo

Bootleg Astolfo

Glorious Bean Plushie
Oct 12, 2020
Can't they just shoot them in the face ? A shotgun shell is what, 0.10 freedom bucks.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: Meditation guide, Bleh, RoyalSapphire and 2 others
F

FlatHead

Dec 14, 2020
One reason is, as you said, the drug companies don't want to be involved in the death sentence at all. Another big reason is, most doctors will refuse to perform executions. It goes against the Hippocratic Oath. And, just in general, it's a completely different job. Most doctors get into the job to help people-not to be the final executioner for a serial killer. Plus, you know, getting involved with working for the government, and a very particular kind of working for the government where you are carrying out (what is arguably one of the) darkest parts of their will.

Of course, since most professionals at this sort of thing refuse to do it, that leaves the job to non professionals, who often flub the process entirely and leave the victim in excess amounts of pain. They'll fail to anesthetize them properly and stuff like that.

• Love
Reactions: ithappens, it's_all_a_game, Lostandlooking and 4 others
Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
Can't they just shoot them in the face ? A shotgun shell is what, 0.10 freedom bucks.
A firing squad to the face sounds infinitely preferable to drowning from fluid buildup in your lungs while your blood simultaneously feels like it's been replaced by ignited lighter fluid, lol.

Reactions: Bootleg Astolfo
L

lostmyhope

Dec 28, 2020
It used to be, but iirc it is difficult to obtain because it is only manufactured in countries that have outlawed capital punishment, and those manufacturers do not want anyone using their product for that purpose. Even Oregon has trouble obtaining it for assisted suicides, which is why they've mostly switched to the DDMP protocol.

Edit: I guess I'm not sure if pentobarbital was used specifically in prisoners, but thiopental was, which is closely related.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Lostandlooking and Wrennie
UiopQwerty

UiopQwerty

Mage
Dec 17, 2020
Sounds like a cool job. With my experience I could work as a executioner.
Yuhtftf

• Love
Reactions: gtrfvr, Wrennie and GenesAndEnvironment
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
It's all so tiresome, if they don't want any clean-up from brain-stem shooting they could just build a couple of rear-naked-choke-devices. Basically partial but it's actually reliable. Metal structure that will apply just the right pressure on the right spots and won't budge when the death throws start.

Reactions: Wrennie and UiopQwerty
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
Are you being sarcastic? I can't tell as it's the internet :pfff: But on a more serious note, I think that would be incredibly inhumane. Even the most 'heinous' criminals are still themselves suffering creatures. I personally think everyone deserves a peaceful death regardless of what they've done.

Reactions: TheSomebody and Spiral
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Are you being sarcastic? I can't tell as it's the internet :pfff: But on a more serious note, I think that would be incredibly inhumane. Even the most 'heinous' criminals are still themselves suffering creatures. I personally think everyone deserves a peaceful death regardless of what they've done.
Shotgun to head is extremely humane, I'd like it to be pointed at the back of my head rather than "the face", tho.

Reactions: Spiral, Wrennie, Bootleg Astolfo and 2 others
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
Shotgun to head is extremely humane, I'd like it to be pointed at the back of my head rather than "the face", tho.
I personally don't want to go out like that, I'd much prefer a less gory method. I can respect that you don't mind it though, and I get it has its advantages, mainly that it's (usually) quick and apparently painless.

Reactions: Spiral, UiopQwerty and GenesAndEnvironment
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020

Apparently standard lethal injections are agonizing to endure in the time leading up to death.

Why not just inject them with pentobarbital? Unless torture *is* what they're going for?
The companies that make it do not want it used for executions. Bad for business.

Doctors do not participate in executions and the guards do it all, and can't hit a vein sometimes. Once there were about 45 tries in all parts of the body of the prisoner. And sometimes if the prisoner is a drug addict they have to put the needle in themselves cause the guards can't do it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wrennie
H

HopelessFight

Warlock
Jan 31, 2021
From Wikipedia:
Pentobarbital has been used or considered as a substitute for other drugs traditionally used for capital punishment in the United States when they are in short supply.[13] Such use however is illegal under Danish law, and when this was discovered, after public outcry in Danish media, Lundbeck, the owner of the drug, stopped selling it to US states that impose the death penalty. US distributors of the drug are forbidden by the owner to sell it to any customers, such as several state authorities, that practice or participate in executions of humans.[14]
So basically, they did in the past.

Reactions: Wrennie and brainpain2
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
Why don't they still use guillotines? Why make it so complicated? Didn't they use the little compact, super-sharp ones in the west up until the 50's or something? Injection seems like such an awkward way to execute someone.

Reactions: Wrennie
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
They use injection for assisted suicides in Belgium and it's done by doctors experienced in it. It goes very smoothly and fast.

aneurysm

aneurysm

Mage
Jan 27, 2019

maybe they want people to be scared of death penalty idk

kirkroberts

kirkroberts

In Pain Every Day.
Feb 10, 2021
I think they just want you to suffer in pain before death. Probably because the crime you were sentenced for the death penalty for caused pain and suffering for the victim. And the pain for which family members will suffer every day.