• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Gray Wounds

Gray Wounds

A Phantasmagoria
Jun 27, 2018
Aside from being misanthropic in person, I also tend to really have high anxiety whenever I am with a human being. That's why I prefer to do it alone.
I bet having a partner (for those who chose to have one) gives each involved the strength to end their lives. It's just that it is somehow risky

icky

icky

Jun 14, 2018
Partnering with a stranger sounds sketch- there's the potential for flaking and who even knows what they could be really planning? You've communicated to them that you've given up on life, have alienated or abandoned your social ties and responsibilites, and are agreeing to meet with them and possibly go to a secluded second location. Your final moments of autonomy could be stolen by a predator looking to rape/kill people whose disappearances have little chance of being investigated or publicized. I think there was a Japanese guy who did that, he'd connect with suicidal people on Twitter and kill them once they met IRL. I'd rather not get brutalized before the end.

I've been friends with suicidal people before, in fact my only pal right now attempted last year. I'd be open to going with someone I knew, but I'd have to be absolutely sure that I'm not dragging them into it and that CTBing is something they truly want to do. I don't think I'd ever be sure of those things. So I doubt I'll ever go with a partner.

J

Jonnydoeuk

Aug 4, 2018
My experience with partners is that for their own personal reasons they let you down but in a way I'm glad because all kinds of things entered my mind the worst case scenario being as in my case charcoal method that you both lie down in the car fall asleep then wake up to find the partner dead but you very much alive !! Worse still you have no charcoal left what do you do stuff the body in the boot and go buy some more charcoal or jump off s bridge but then by jumping off a bridge and the police find a body in your car there going to think not suicide but bloody murder !!!

sadak_the_wanderer

sadak_the_wanderer

An appropriate painting
Mar 19, 2018
It will depend on the method I choose, I think. Part of me would like to have someone around for it, but if I am so alone in life, well, it would be about right if I were in death. Partly, too, it feels like a private event, almost a ceremony. I might not be a lot of fun to be around during that period, anyway. I wouldn't want to burden anyone with me being ... however I will be at the time.

Reactions: lv-gras and Mari
Sha70

Sha70

Student
Jul 22, 2018
Depends on what you mean by partner. Im not looking for someone murder me....

C

creatureoflight

Mage
Jul 27, 2018
In my country, it is illegal. I am a 130 pound female and literally have no clue who is on the other side of the computer screen so for my personal safety, I would never search for a suicide partner. Then there is the risk of the other person not wanting to go through with it and calling the cops at the last minute or something like that. And also, I could be considered responsible for someone else's death if my suicide doesn't work.
So for me, it is a no.

AngeloftheMorning

AngeloftheMorning

Aug 8, 2018
To be honest, I've tried to arrange a partnership a couple times now, both with people who seemed quite serious about leaving. It never panned out. It's super hard to find people who really are willing to let go and risk the potential fallout of failure. It takes someone who really has nothing left to lose.

Reactions: SamK and lv-gras
C

Comatose11

Mage
Jul 26, 2018
It's risky. I don't know if I can trust them. I don't know if I'll be getting someone who actually wants to do it or just someone who wants to get me in the mental hospital. And I don't want to get anyone else involved in my suicide.

Sha70

Sha70

Student
Jul 22, 2018
What do suicide partners do because encourage each other? Do they actually meet in person? Do they follow you in your journey to end your life?

Reactions: Tiburcio

Aug 6, 2018
I'm of two minds as far as a partnership. On the one hand, it would be nice to have a companion at the very end. Many of us are choosing death because of loneliness. But there is a lot of risks in taking on anyone in the act. I'd never ask a partner to assist in the actual suicide— it would have to be a method that would kill us both without assistance.

But being alone has its merits. No one to talk you out of it, no one to back out, no one to watch die before you and scare you out of it. I empathize with both tactics.

S

samhelloall9

Experienced
Jul 16, 2018
not to dig up an old thread, but yeah, i've had half-success, but i'm still disappointed that even from google searches people that aren't members here don't come across the partners megathread often enough. anyway, guess i just have to swallow my anxiety and be more patient.
Partners are more if one or the other lacks the ability to get whatever stuff they need for themselves, so luckily good people still exist i hope, who are sharing is caring types. Just my thoughts. Otherwise you're right, who needs partners. But i know in my case, I do.

Reactions: Caustic Cardinals
Caustic Cardinals

Caustic Cardinals

Enlightened
Sep 1, 2018
not to dig up an old thread, but yeah, i've had half-success, but i'm still disappointed that even from google searches people that aren't members here don't come across the partners megathread often enough. anyway, guess i just have to swallow my anxiety and be more patient.
Partners are more if one or the other lacks the ability to get whatever stuff they need for themselves, so luckily good people still exist i hope, who are sharing is caring types. Just my thoughts. Otherwise you're right, who needs partners. But i know in my case, I do.

great risks.

SamK

SamK

Cloud Surfing
Aug 21, 2018
I had a lot of likes on my megathread post but no private message. I've been very lucky in finding one now, though it will mean travelling 8 hours or so via plane and paying for body to come back to home country. But i'm very happy i did find one.

MissLisa

MissLisa

Student
Sep 13, 2018
I personally could never partner up. I'm pro choice but I could not ever help someone to die. I feel that suicide is a personal and private thing. I imagine that the partner threads are quiet because it is more risky.

Reactions: lv-gras
couldntthinkofaname

couldntthinkofaname

Mage
Aug 31, 2018
another aspect that a lot of people here have mentally problems and antisocial disorders...not the most sociable and reliable persons if you know what i mean

Reactions: Madrid27
J

Josh227

Sep 15, 2018
Its incredibly dumb to partner up, im sorry.

1. could be psycho murderer praying on people who "wanted it anyway"
2. Could be undercover police or do gooder
3. if you survive and they dont, enjoy being depressed in prison with lots of solitary confinement when you try hang yourself and fail
4. if they survive and you dont, you sent someone to jail
5. if both of you survive and your partner reports what happened, you will be punished
6. you have no right to be involved with someone elses death. The only sure decision is your own, they could be recovering from a breakup etc and could live happy if phase is finished

Probably a lot more reasons.

Kim

Kim

Daydreamer
Sep 18, 2018
I'll do it on my own.

There's someone who's ready to die with me but I don't trust this person. With him it'll be very easy. Unfortunately something in my mind alerts me every time I think about it... this person scares me.

Reactions: lv-gras