• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

M

musicislife

Student
Jun 15, 2018
Just out if curiously I know there's a partners thread but doesent seem to be a lot of posts on the forum - would you consider partnering up or go it alone

P

Pony Slaystation

Jul 28, 2018
Why would you trust a stranger to help you participate in what is often an illegal activity, and, if revealed publicly by that person to your circle (work/home), could jeopardize your life if you don't go through with it? It's just not worth the risk, especially given all of the negotiations and compromises that are probably required for a successful collaboration, not to mention the possibility of being considered an accomplice in someone else's death.

M

musicislife

Student
Jun 15, 2018
Why would you trust a stranger to help you participate in what is often an illegal activity, and, if revealed publicly by that person to your circle (work/home), could jeopardize your life if you don't go through with it? It's just not worth the risk, especially given all of the negotiations and compromises that are probably required for a successful collaboration, not to mention the possibility of being considered an accomplice in someone else's death.
Yes I suppose I can see the danger in that offen thought if I partnered up and the other partner died whilst you survived where does that leave you legally I'm the UK where I think assisting a suicide is definitely illegal

Reactions: MAIO and Tiburcio
M

musicislife

Student
Jun 15, 2018
Good to see commiting suicide isn't a crime in itself

CPS guidelines

1. A person commits an offence under section 2 of the Suicide Act 1961 if he or she does an act capable of encouraging or assisting the suicide or attempted suicide of another person, and that act was intended to encourage or assist suicide or an attempt at suicide. This offence is referred to in this policy as "encouraging or assisting suicide". The consent of the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) is required before an individual may be prosecuted.
  2. The offence of encouraging or assisting suicide carries a maximum penalty of 14 years' imprisonment. This reflects the seriousness of the offence.
  3. Committing or attempting to commit suicide is not, however, of itself, a criminal offence.Or

Reactions: Mari
M

musicislife

Student
Jun 15, 2018
Where does that leave people then in the partners forum do you think they haven't thought this all through ?

Reactions: lv-gras
Lara Francis

Lara Francis

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
Maybe,or they are just so determind to die in which case it wouldn't matter.

M

musicislife

Student
Jun 15, 2018
Maybe,or they are just so determind to die in which case it wouldn't matter.
It's scart though a lady got sent down for ; years recently because she joined forces with another guy but backed out of the car assume it was a carbon monoxide or chemical based and left him to die alone whilst her crime was not contacting the emergency services whilst making other pacts not long after she left the car !!

6477244ts5

Student
Jun 13, 2018
Because people are selfish and flaky. They want the comfort of sharing the burden with someone else, but don't want to give from their side. You know how hard dating is and how difficult it is to find someone reasonable and not all about themselves? It's like that but 10x worse.

M

musicislife

Student
Jun 15, 2018
Because people are selfish and flaky. They want the comfort of sharing the burden with someone else, but don't want to give from their side. You know how hard dating is and how difficult it is to find someone reasonable and not all about themselves? It's like that but 10x worse.
It would be good to hear from some of the posters on the partner thread to see if they've had at luck acquiring a partner

6477244ts5

Student
Jun 13, 2018
It would be good to hear from some of the posters on the partner thread to see if they've had at luck acquiring a partner

I have never found anyone who was a match who then followed through. A lot of the time people's timelines or locations don't match up so that rules out most options, but even when someone seems suitable people respond a few times and then disappear. Again similar to meeting people online in general. I have read of a couple pacts working out on various forums but it doesn't seem common. It's a hard thing to do...and harder to get two people on the same timeframe/mindset to do.

J

Jonnydoeuk

Aug 4, 2018
Why trust a stranger who could fuck it all up? As the guy said in The Incredibles, "You didn't save my life. You ruined my death!"
I understand the sentiment of not wanting to die alone my predicament which will eventually lead to my death got a whole lot worse today and I faced the fear of death like I'd lie and say it doesent frighten me a little even though I know eventually it will come naturally one day if I wait !!! But the comfort of a stranger being together was comforting though the method I'd assume would have to be comfortable too I couldn't imagine buddying up for a double hanging it's got to be carbon monoxide based or Nembutal

Lara Francis

Lara Francis

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
Yes I have read this story.
This is the problem.you are meeting a complete stranger that can lie and be deceptive.you will never know until your are in a vulnerable position.I liked the idea at one point but have been put off.The true reality is if you do get court it would be jail time.some say this rarely happens but I would hate to find out.

Reactions: Comatose11
J

Jonnydoeuk

Aug 4, 2018
Go to love this one from the partners forum

Method: Hoping you live alone locally so that we can share your N or you can order N plus anti-emetics and we can both share it at your place.

Like N comes cheap ;) !!

6477244ts5

Student
Jun 13, 2018
Go to love this one from the partners forum

Method: Hoping you live alone locally so that we can share your N or you can order N plus anti-emetics and we can both share it at your place.

Like N comes cheap ;) !!

Please don't turn this place into a facebook or reddit circlejerk where mockery is fine. That person is as desperate as you.

J

Jonnydoeuk

Aug 4, 2018
Yes I have read this story.
This is the problem.you are meeting a complete stranger that can lie and be deceptive.you will never know until your are in a vulnerable position.I liked the idea at one point but have been put off.The true reality is if you do get court it would be jail time.some say this rarely happens but I would hate to find out.
Is that what put you off the jail time ?? What made you think of going it alone then ?? See I think one bonus of a partnership is you wiukd be cajoled into taking part if you had second thoughts about it

Lara Francis

Lara Francis

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
Is that what put you off the jail time ?? What made you think of going it alone then ?? See I think one bonus of a partnership is you wiukd be cajoled into taking part if you had second thoughts about it
No.I don't think that I could trust somebody enough to do the job properly.

Reactions: Strumgewehr
E

ephemeral

Jul 10, 2018
In that case, I would just string up a noose, slip my head through, and wait for the swat team to show up

I find the idea funny of a state getting tough with punishment and ending up as an accomplice to a suicide, helping it.

Thank you for appreciating the absurdity of it.

M

MAIO

Elementalist
Apr 8, 2018
Just out if curiously I know there's a partners thread but doesent seem to be a lot of posts on the forum - would you consider partnering up or go it alone

Potential Legal/moral issues.

M

MAIO

Elementalist
Apr 8, 2018
Yes I suppose I can see the danger in that offen thought if I partnered up and the other partner died whilst you survived where does that leave you legally I'm the UK where I think assisting a suicide is definitely illegal

I think you won't be charged legally if the other person dies aslong as you attempt. I think you could serious trouble if you back out and the other person goes through with it dies. That's my impression. I haven't seriously looked into laws etc though.

Reactions: Tiburcio
P

Pony Slaystation

Jul 28, 2018
I think you won't be charged legally if the other person dies aslong as you attempt. I think you could serious trouble if you back out and the other person goes through with it dies. That's my impression. I haven't seriously looked into laws etc though.

Not necessarily. The definition of "assisting" a suicide can be quite broad. In fact, technically, what we're doing here could, in many cases be considered assisted suicide, which is probably why reddit shut down this forum - they didn't want to be sued, or have their users sued as "accomplices".

https://healthcare.findlaw.com/pati...-law-to-help-someone-else-commit-suicide.html
  • Do some act which causes someone else to die, such as administering lethal doses of drugs;
  • Provide the drugs or tools necessary for someone else to commit suicide when they know those tools are likely to be used for suicide;
  • Advise someone else on the way to commit suicide; or
  • Persuade someone else to commit suicide.

Reactions: Tiburcio
ninaevol

ninaevol

Aug 2, 2018
I would do it. I'd feel a lot less alone. I'm planning on doing it alone in my room at night while my family members are asleep, which is a bit scary.. would be nice to have someone there with me.