• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
The other day I logged into a site I hadn't logged into for 5 years. I thought I about leaving a message for someone I haven't heard from for 9 years and was the last person I had messaged on there, but decided against it. They hadn't logged on for over 9 years either. A couple of days after that, I received an email and it told me I had received a private message from there. So I logged back in, and it was from them. So not only did they also log back in after over 9 years but they also messaged me and has been thinking about me too.

I don't understand how or why such coincidences happen, they seem to defy some level of probability. Then again, I suppose people do win the lottery sometimes.

Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
I've had stuff like this happen, too. It used to happen a lot more in better times. I never quite figured it out.

The New Agers have various ideas which explain it along the lines of unseen interconnections between people or thoughts manifesting, but seem to stop short of offering anything demonstrable or tangible. (James Redfield's novel The Celestine Prophecy has the theme of coincidences.) Yet when the coincidences become truly ridiculous, one can't be dismissive either.

sserafim

sserafim

消えたい
Sep 13, 2023
Isn't that called a synchronicity
I've had stuff like this happen, too. It used to happen a lot more in better times. I never quite figured it out.

The New Agers have various ideas which explain it along the lines of unseen interconnections between people or thoughts manifesting, but seem to stop short of offering anything demonstrable or tangible. (James Redfield's novel The Celestine Prophecy has the theme of coincidences.) Yet when the coincidences become truly ridiculous, one can't be dismissive either.
I think you could have manifested it. Wdym by "seem to stop short of offering anything demonstrable or tangible?" What is all of the evidence they have so far like?

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Isn't the very foundation of coincidence supposed to highlight that there is no "why" to answer at all behind two similar occurrences?

I mean maybe it's due to the simulation starting to show cracks from being unable to generate outcomes that appear completely random to human perception. Or maybe human pattern recognition that allowed our ancestors to thrive is what dictates coincidence somehow?

Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020

I think you could have manifested it. Wdym by "seem to stop short of offering anything demonstrable or tangible?" What is all of the evidence they have so far like?
New Agers indeed use the term synchronicity. I am normally quite critical of New Age belief systems because they are biased towards feel-good gibberish rather than substantive spiritual work, but on this particular topic I think that they might be onto something.

The perspective of skeptics is that it's all magical thinking or cognitive biases leading to people seeing patterns in random events. And that is more or less how things appear generally. But just as this purportedly scientific-minded rationale displaces certain people's overactive imaginations, people in an advanced spiritual state have a radically different daily experience.

Someone was just asking about NDEs in another thread and I mentioned someone named Kelly Sammy whose NDE commenced with a suicide attempt. She returned with newfound intuitive abilities.

She once shared an anecdote from her life. (Note: my retelling of the story is just a butchered approximation.) She had a dream in which she saw a man she didn't know, who had a deceased family member on the other side trying to assure him that she is well. Then, the next day, while in public, she saw exactly the same man in real life. She approached him and asked if he had lost a family member recently, which he said he had. She relayed the message and went on her way. That's quite a coincidence.

Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
The other day I logged into a site I hadn't logged into for 5 years. I thought I about leaving a message for someone I haven't heard from for 9 years and was the last person I had messaged on there, but decided against it. They hadn't logged on for over 9 years either. A couple of days after that, I received an email and it told me I had received a private message from there. So I logged back in, and it was from them. So not only did they also log back in after over 9 years but they also messaged me and has been thinking about me too.

I don't understand how or why such coincidences happen, they seem to defy some level of probability. Then again, I suppose people do win the lottery sometimes.
At the risk of sounding all 'Gwyneth Paltrow', you subconsciously manifested them. Or they subconsciously manifested you.
You thought about that person, the Universe got that message and inserted them back into your life. Else it inserted you back into their life.

The Universe likes to joke around sometimes.

CTB Dream

CTB Dream

Disabled. Hard talk, don't argue, make fun, etc
Sep 17, 2022
Cuz awfl unvrs v chaos ppl think hpn this no hpn any rbdm vrbl, now see me many many cncdc hpn tog hpn injury damage lose slf lose all, awfl life awfl species awgl unvrs

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023

Our reality is an infinitely complex existence which is all formed from a very simple "seed" and you can infer the pattern forms at every level, including one above us, so while we may see the result of these patterns at a higher level than us we are not able to explain them because we don't have all the information available to us.

Instead of "fate," in the traditional sense: its actually cosmic synchronicity and coincidence?
What's the difference?
While synchronicity emphasizes the meaningful connection between events, fate emphasizes the predetermined nature of events. Some may see synchronicity as a more nuanced and open-ended concept, allowing for interpretation and personal agency within the interconnectedness of events, while fate may imply a more rigid and predetermined path.

I think things happen that lead to other things and maybe this is one of them but thats it. I try not to get too excited about coincidences.

You can manipulate data to make a pattern appear.
It is extremely difficult to find true randomness in anything other than QM (quantum mechanics) and math.

There is this thing called "the golden mean" that appears many places in nature & art.

sserafim

sserafim

消えたい
Sep 13, 2023
Our reality is an infinitely complex existence which is all formed from a very simple "seed" and you can infer the pattern forms at every level, including one above us, so while we may see the result of these patterns at a higher level than us we are not able to explain them because we don't have all the information available to us.

Instead of "fate," in the traditional sense: its actually cosmic synchronicity and coincidence?
What's the difference?
While synchronicity emphasizes the meaningful connection between events, fate emphasizes the predetermined nature of events. Some may see synchronicity as a more nuanced and open-ended concept, allowing for interpretation and personal agency within the interconnectedness of events, while fate may imply a more rigid and predetermined path.

I think things happen that lead to other things and maybe this is one of them but thats it. I try not to get too excited about coincidences.

You can manipulate data to make a pattern appear.
It is extremely difficult to find true randomness in anything other than QM (quantum mechanics) and math.

There is this thing called "the golden mean" that appears many places in nature & art.

Lol "seed". Isn't that called the golden ratio?

Reactions: Suicidebydeath
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
They are often used interchangeably, but they refer to slightly different mathematical concepts.
The golden ratio refers to a specific mathematical ratio, while the golden constant refers to the numerical value of that ratio. They are closely related concepts but have distinct meanings.

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
What we call reality is based on seemingly-random events. However systems with seemingly-random events can have larger non-random patterns. For example, water molecules bounce around seemingly randomly off each other in a large body of water, yet the ocean can have currents and waves that are far from random and these patterns can persist.

Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
Isn't the very foundation of coincidence supposed to highlight that there is no "why" to answer at all behind two similar occurrences?

I mean maybe it's due to the simulation starting to show cracks from being unable to generate outcomes that appear completely random to human perception. Or maybe human pattern recognition that allowed our ancestors to thrive is what dictates coincidence somehow?
That's interesting, because I've always believed that the human brain processes patterns and prediction at a subconscious level far greater than the conscious level as an explanation as to why some things happened in the past that I couldn't explain. Like knowing things I shouldn't know, and so on.

Guy_Smiley

Guy_Smiley

Just another lost soul
Jan 4, 2024
The golden ratio refers to a specific mathematical ratio, while the golden constant refers to the numerical value of that ratio. They are closely related concepts but have distinct meanings.

Are these in any way related to the golden shower? Sorry but I'm pretty clueless when it comes to math stuff.

Reactions: sserafim
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
That's interesting, because I've always believed that the human brain processes patterns and prediction at a subconscious level far greater than the conscious level as an explanation as to why some things happened in the past that I couldn't explain. Like knowing things I shouldn't know, and so on.
Oh that's certainly possible. Maybe all of existence is actually fueled by collective belief or disbelief kind of like the gods in American Gods or the fairies in Fairly Oddparents. This power of belief could be why manifestation is a thing. 🤔

MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

sleep deprived and/or drunk
Jul 23, 2023
kind of like this question. i have 0 response

Reactions: sserafim