• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
Most likely your closest next of kin which will be your parents, though you can state in your will whoever gets your money.

D

Deleted member 23374

deministrator
Nov 1, 2020
Find some way to give your mother access to a hidden fund.
Leave a token sum in your known account(s) as a misdirection for your father.
That's the best i can think of.

Ironweed

Ironweed

Nauseated.
Nov 9, 2019
Are you in the USA? If you don't make a Will, your state of residence will appoint an Administrator who will distribute your net estate assets under intestacy laws. Typically this means:

Typically, property goes to a surviving spouse first, then to any children, then to extended family and descendants, following common law. If no family can be found, property typically reverts to the state.

I think in your case without a Will, a spouse or children, it would be split 50/50 between your parents, assuming there's anything left after the Administrator and the Court take their fees. As in, if you have real estate or vehicles they would have to be sold, tax returns filed and so on. None of this is cheap.

Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Life's a bitch and then you die.
Feb 23, 2020
I don't have any kids nor I'm married. I'm wondering if my mom is the one to get my money? I don't want my father to have it.

Wills are very easy and cheap, in the UK you can write an online legal WILL for £19.99, if you don't want your father to get it make a will so he can't benefit or donate it to a charity if you are leaving a substantial amount of assetts I would contact the charity and tell them so they may make the arrangements for you.
Cheers

Geo

Reactions: heliumornitrogen
H

heliumornitrogen

Oct 22, 2020
I recently wrote a Will. You can find sites online that are free or very inexpensive. You would need to research the legal requirements for your region. I´m based in the UK and I needed 2 independent witness´s to sign the Will (in other words non beneficiaries) and I had to appoint an executor. Let the executor know where the Will is stored to save them the hassle of finding it after you have passed.

Reactions: Jumper Geo
hoping to lose hope

hoping to lose hope

<3 Message me to trade music <3
Nov 14, 2020
I want to give all my money to some fellow loser online so they can NEET longer.

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I don't have any kids nor I'm married. I'm wondering if my mom is the one to get my money? I don't want my father to have it.
Make a will and give a copy to the one you want to get your money. You can get online will forms to fill out. Get it notorized and give your mom a copy.

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
Is it better to give the copy or the original ?
It is all going to be original actually. If each copy is signed and notorized then both are original copies. The signature on each copy should be an original signiture not a copy of one. Same with the notorization. I am in the usa so what I am saying only applies to usa.

Ironweed

Ironweed

Nauseated.
Nov 9, 2019
It is all going to be original actually. If each copy is signed and notorized then both are original copies. The signature on each copy should be an original signiture not a copy of one. Same with the notorization. I am in the usa so what I am saying only applies to usa.
Excellent advice. And if he makes his mom the estate's executor, well, she'd need it anyways.

As an aside and a caution, "making wills," "prepaying funerals," or "giving treasured possessions away" are some of things you always see listed as being potentially suicidal behavior. If OP has a history of that sort of behavior, their loved ones might be on the lookout for it. And who needs that hassle? Not saying you can't/shouldn't do such things, but I'd think it would be more of a proceed with caution behavior than otherwise.

edit: Yup.

Recognizing Suicidal Behavior

• Making preparations: Often, a person considering suicide will begin to put their personal business in order. This might include visiting friends and family members, giving away personal possessions, making a will, and cleaning up their room or home. Some people will write a note before committing suicide. Some will buy a firearm or other means like poison.
Like I said, not saying you shouldn't do it, just proceed with caution and don't be completely obvious. Hell, I'm not even saying CTBing is advisable in this or any case, just that if you don't want the law to potentially stick its face in your business, you gotta think like they do, sometimes.

end edit

Last edited:
T

Tired_Tired

Student
Nov 25, 2019
When you are dead. It's not your business. If you cared who can get your money, just try to live as long as you can. You live longer life are good for people who cared about you.

K

Kruger

Arcanist
Dec 26, 2019
Make a will. I have a will and a living will. I have spent most of my life working far too hard - held down 2 jobs for decades. My house is all i have to show for it and i have made sure my nephews get the money from the sale of it. Without a will, your assets pass to the state - in the UK. The system has sucked me dry- no fucking way will i let the system benefit from my death.

D

Deleted member 1496

Student
Aug 2, 2018
if my mom is the one to get my money? I don't want my father to have it.

Disclaimer: In the USA. Not sure about other places

If you don't want people to become suspicious about any legal changes, the easiest is to add your mom to your accounts as the sole (100%) beneficiary. No one needs to know that you've added her, not even her; just make sure the name you add matches the name she has on her ID (e.g., driver's license or passport). Your dad won't receive any if he's not listed. Upon you death, your mom only provides the bank or whomever with the death certificate, but she won't need to file a will to receive your money.

Given it's relative low-cost, writing a will is a good catch-all for anything where you have not stated beneficiaries or there are no clear rights of survivorship. If your dad attempts to challenge your mom, she always has the will to refute his claims.

FYI, a living will is not related to a will for inheritance. A living will dictates what you want in terms of medical treatment when you are unable to speak for yourself, and it's existence (not sure what the correct terminology is) ends when you die.