• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

FireFox

FireFox

Enlightened
Apr 8, 2020
I turn 24 in may and I am severely depressed and suicidal as the months build up towards by birthday.

I am so disappointed in my self because i will turn 24 and have nothing to show for it

• I have achieved nothing with my life. I have a law degree and voluntary work experiences but employers are not interested. Employers all they want is experience,experience,experience. I get rejected even for retail jobs and other minimum wage jobs.

I am unemployed and on benefits. All the other mums children are working and i am the one on welfare. Every day i feel like i have let my family down .

We live in a culture in which you must do big things at a young age. People respect you if you have big achievements at a young age
In the UK it is worse because we have more reality tv shows ie love island etc and influencer culture.

Seeing people my age ,moving cities, getting married, getting elected in to office or famous due to activism or reality tv fame.

I feel like such a failure. The people i went to school with and aslo attend the same church as me are so successful with their lives. They have thier lives are together because they have careers and partners.
I avoid people I know in public just to avoid the question of "what I have been doing lately?"

• Still single and virgin. I feel so abnormal. People used to make fun of me for not having a boyfriend and people would look at me weirdly for being a virgin.
I am panicking i have not got a partner

• i live my mum and nan. It is so embarrassing
• i am emotionally immature. I dont know how to pay a bill or do adult things Sometimes i just break down crying because i have failed to be the adult society expects you to be.
• i think i am going crazy like those people who believe conspiracies and wear the tin foil hat crazy . Is it me but something is not right.
In the UK people online have been talking about what is happening in America and capitol hill. I have family in America and my family have been going about what has happened. British left wingers have criticised the government for hosting trump when he came to the Uk
So many vocal British people talking about this.

Before I start all the people who stormed captiol hill should be thrown in jail and jailed for life .
Trump should be put on trial for terrorism charges and jailed.

This is terrorism using violence for political purposes and interfering to stop a democratic process .They wanted to stop Joe Biden victory being the next president.

I do feel something is not right
We are while are fighting and arguing about what happened in Capitol hill and trump we are slowly losing our freedoms.

Covid19 is a serious illness but we cant spend our lives living in this continuous loop of lockdown, ease lockdown and lockdown again.
This is not living

I want to kill myself so i won't have to go through ageing.
I would love everyone to be open and honest as possible.

Where were you at 24 years old?

Last edited:
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
It seems you're going through a lot but I could turn on my prolifer mode and tell you something like: you're still young and can always give life a shot. That, of course, is your decision.

As for me, even though I was suicidal, my 24s were quite good. Was studying, partying and getting drunk every weekend, meeting lots of girls, travelling, etc.

My world turned 100% hell when I turned 30. (I'm 33 now)

Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
Always been a loner even though I'm only 22, suicidal thoughts since childhood.
I passed competitive exams a few years ago, lost my virginity but never been in a relationship.
Hugs OP, I truly understand your pain.

ihavetoleave

ihavetoleave

Dec 28, 2020
At 24 I had a job as an engineer and I had to travel and I was terrible at it, did not deserve it and it showed. I'm still embarrassed of this and other jobs I've had to this day. You have a law degree and it will become useful, this is a job that is still needed. I wish I could go back in time and live at home at 24 instead of living the crazy life I had and making the mistakes I made. Seems like you like the career you have made for yourself. Take pride in your accomplishment.

P

PDAnnie2610

Waiting for my bus.
Oct 27, 2019
I turn 24 in may and I am severely depressed and suicidal as the months build up towards by birthday.

I am so disappointed in my self because i will turn 24 and have nothing to show for it

• I have achieved nothing with my life. I have a law degree and voluntary work experiences but employers are not interested. Employers all they want is experience,experience,experience. I get rejected even for retail jobs and other minimum wage jobs.

I am unemployed and on benefits. All the other mums children are working and i am the one on welfare. Every day i feel like i have let my family down .

We live in a culture in which you must do big things at a young age. People respect you if you have big achievements at a young age
In the UK it is worse because we have more reality tv shows ie love island etc and influencer culture.

Seeing people my age ,moving cities, getting married, getting elected in to office or famous due to activism or reality tv fame.

I feel like such a failure. The people i went to school with and aslo attend the same church as me are so successful with their lives. They have thier lives are together because they have careers and partners.
I avoid people I know in public just to avoid the question of "what I have been doing lately?"

• Still single and virgin. I feel so abnormal. People used to make fun of me for not having a boyfriend and people would look at me weirdly for being a virgin.

• i am emotionally immature. I dont know how to pay a bill or do adult things Sometimes i just break down crying because i have failed to be the adult society expects you to be.
• i think i am going crazy like those people who believe conspiracies and wear the tin foil hat crazy . Is it me but something is not right.
In the UK people online have been talking about what is happening in America and capitol hill. I have family in America and my family have been going about what has happened. British left wingers have criticised the government for hosting trump when he came to the Uk

Before I start all the people who stormed captiol hill should be thrown in jail and jailed for life .

This is terrorism using violence for political purposes and interfering to stop a democratic process .They wanted to stop Joe Biden victory being the next president.

We are while are fighting and arguing about what happened in Capitol hill and trump we are slowly losing our freedoms.

Covid19 is a serious illness but we cant spend our lives living in this continuous loop of lockdown, ease lockdown and lockdown again.
This is not living

Similar issues but now 32. I've an honours degree in a discipline that I've very mixed feelings about. Others with similar qualifications are now enjoying their career but I'm trying to survive.

I want to say "let's try our best to live" and move forward but it's hard.

At 24, I was abroad in Australia studying in uni. It was both the best and the worst, really. I'm thankful for the teachers that believed in me but I guess I'm a disappointment ultimately.

hugs for all who struggle.

Last edited:
H

hellodarkness

Dec 8, 2020
When I was 24 I was a stay at home mom to three kids under three while my husband worked away. Was very isolated, but wasn't suicidal at all. I was very happy being a wife and mom, I didn't need much else.

Then I get into my 30's, starting hearing voices and seeing shit that isn't there. Ruined everything.

confused-gemini

confused-gemini

Jan 7, 2021

I felt that! I'm 23 almost 24 but same as you I completely understand how you feel, which is why I'm here. I just wanted to reply to tell you that you are not alone.

Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
At 24 I stayed with my mum. I was a hermit, scared to go anywhere, or see anyone. I would stay in my room if anyone came to visit. I wouldn't answer doors or anything. I used to be embarrassed, but then I thought who gives a crap what other people think, fuck em. I'm still a virgin and always will be

olieolieoxenfree

olieolieoxenfree

Dec 29, 2020

This is not living

I am on the opposite side of your political beliefs as California and other Democrat led states want to keep us shutdown, while Republican states want freedom.

At 24, I just moved back home as I got demoted due to my drunkenness and could not pay rent. I am not a virgin though and to be honest, it is because I have "hobbied" before. The most serious relationship I have had was with a 17 year old in Kentucky (16 is the legal age), and I "malfunctioned" every time with her, probably due to my body telling me not to get her pregnant, as I have stayed "in the moment" for over an hour with multiple women (all "hobbies"). Growing up, there were countless women I asked out and all of them turned me down, so I have given up/still wished to meet someone.
I'd like to marry someone after a first date for the spontaneity and because that's how I am. I've since asked three or four of my hobbies if they'd like to see me long term and they all said no. Long story short, if any females on here are lonesome, I am as well, and available.

Rockman

Rockman

Student
Feb 9, 2020
Graduated my enginner degree on studies which i hated cause parents will. Turn back home trying to get job and failed. Made few terrible decisions/ visited wrong doctors and ended in deep depression. Good time to fuck up life till end if earlier was not so terribly bad.

F

FinalDestination

Here lies my hopes and dreams
Mar 10, 2020
I feel you. I'm 21 and still living at home, have no job and just graduated with a degree that is completely worthless last year. I always feel so stupid because I don't know really how to do anything for myself and I just sit here all day unable to do anything about it and I go into long drawn dissociative states. To me it's like if I'm living right now yet feeling painfully nothing I'd rather be dead at least to give meaning to that nothingness. I am certain I won't see 24 (let alone 2021) and to me that thought is all I have. And as you mentioned the current news doesn't help much; it can be so demoralising seeing how humans can be so un-self aware and hateful.

FireFox

FireFox

Enlightened
Apr 8, 2020
When I was 24 I was a stay at home mom to three kids under three while my husband worked away. Was very isolated, but wasn't suicidal at all. I was very happy being a wife and mom, I didn't need much else.

Then I get into my 30's, starting hearing voices and seeing shit that isn't there. Ruined everything.
Hellodarkness
Wow 3 kids at 24 . That is so young. You are strong woman.

I couldn't cope with 3 kids at that age I cant even take care of myself.
What matters is that children are loved and cared for by thier parents.
When was a teenager sometimes I wish my dad was around so my mum wouldn't have to work 2 jobs.

If i got in to trouble at school my mum would start lecturing me about how hard she works to provide for the family or sometimes would openly say " I am too tired to hear this"

Most of my feelings as teenager i had to myself because i didnt want to burden my mum . I had my grandmother who helped look after me while my mum worked.

My grandma just sometimes wouldn't get it. She grew up in a traditional religious family. My relatives in my family are not reliable and just awful. Some relatives are lovely but many others are awful.

I do have resentment at being the first born child because if i have problems who do i go to. It is so isolating being the first born.

If i had an older sibling maybe i wouldn't be as screwed up because someone would guide me. I love my younger sister so much but i wish i wasnt the first born.

One of my friends from university her mum was a stay at home mum. My friend was struggling to stay motivated with university. I told her to talk to her mum and I said she is "lucky to have mum who doesn't work like my mum"

People like to judge stay at home mums but ignore the fact most children benefit from thier mums always there for them .

I always be grateful for the sacrifices my mum had to make and her working to ensure i have a roof over my head, food on the table etc

Sometimes i did wish my father was around .

My dad left my mum for another woman before i was born.

I am so sorry about your illness. I wouldnt wish seeing things that arent there on my worst enemy.

No human being should ever endure such torment. I hope one day humankind can eradicate these diseases.
I hope you are getting the help you need
Turning 25 tomorrow. Depressed as always.
ZardozOmega
Happy birthday for tomorrow. :)
What are your plans for tomorrow
Have you got a cake?
I feel you. I'm 21 and still living at home, have no job and just graduated with a degree that is completely worthless last year. I always feel so stupid because I don't know really how to do anything for myself and I just sit here all day unable to do anything about it and I go into long drawn dissociative states. To me it's like if I'm living right now yet feeling painfully nothing I'd rather be dead at least to give meaning to that nothingness. I am certain I won't see 24 (let alone 2021) and to me that thought is all I have. And as you mentioned the current news doesn't help much; it can be so demoralising seeing how humans can be so un-self aware and hateful.
FinalDestination
Congratulations on your degree . What is your degree in?

Actually my depression started at 21. After my 21st birthday I was extremely depressed and i because I felt like my life was failure.

These feelings dragged on and on for months.

I talked to people how i was feeling but nobody wanted to listen.

I am fucking sick and tired of mental health campaigns/ awareness on the TV telling us
" Reach out " if you are feeling low.
I reached out and nobody wanted to listen . Nobody was taking seriously how i was feeling.
Everyone around me said
" It will all be fine"
"You are young "
I was at my happiest not a care in the world if only I knew then what life had in store
Paininme
Sorry to hear that.
I was my happiest when i was a child.

When i was a child i was watching cartoons and I had a playstation 1.

Then when i reached 21 my depression started and the suicidal thoughts started.
I felt that! I'm 23 almost 24 but same as you I completely understand how you feel, which is why I'm here. I just wanted to reply to tell you that you are not alone.
Confessed-Gemini
Thank you so much and it is comforting to know that I am not alone.
When is your birthday?
i was staring into the ocean waiting for my sn to come , telling myself i didnt need it and go jump now
You are still here.

Suicidal thoughts are so tormenting it is like you are fighting a war inside your mind. The battle is to live or end it all.
If I was to stay alive I would also be turning 24 this year, but I hope to ctb before then, I always have had a massive fear of getting older, I hate even telling people I'm 23... I just want to be a child again
Xlosthopex
When is your birthday?

Last edited:
H

hellodarkness

Dec 8, 2020
Hellodarkness
Wow 3 kids at 24 . That is so young. You are strong woman.

I couldn't cope with 3 kids at that age I cant even take care of myself.
What matters is that children are loved and cared for by thier parents.
When was a teenager sometimes I wish my dad was around so my mum wouldn't have to work 2 jobs.

If i got in to trouble at school my mum would start lecturing me about how hard she works to provide for the family or sometimes would openly say " I am too tired to hear this"

Most of my feelings as teenager i had to myself because i didnt want to burden my mum . I had my grandmother who helped look after me while my mum worked.

My grandma just sometimes wouldn't get it. She grew up in a traditional religious family. My relatives in my family are not reliable and just awful. Some relatives are lovely but many others are awful.

I do have resentment at being the first born child because if i have problems who do i go to. It is so isolating being the first born.

If i had an older sibling maybe i wouldn't be as screwed up because someone would guide me. I love my younger sister so much but i wish i wasnt the first born.

One of my friends from university her mum was a stay at home mum. My friend was struggling to stay motivated with university. I told her to talk to her mum and I said she is "lucky to have mum who doesn't work like my mum"

People like to judge stay at home mums but ignore the fact most children benefit from thier mums always there for them .

I always be grateful for the sacrifices my mum had to make and her working to ensure i have a roof over my head, food on the table etc

Sometimes i did wish my father was around .

My dad left my mum for another woman before i was born.

I am so sorry about your illness. I wouldnt wish seeing things that arent there on my worst enemy.

No human being should ever endure such torment. I hope one day humankind can eradicate these diseases.
I hope you are getting the help you need
I finished university early by challenging exams, got married at 20, having three kids didn't seem too wild at that point. They are the best things I have ever done.

I'm sorry that you too had a rough childhood. I also grew up with a working single mom and no father in the picture. On the flip it Made me more motivated to be a good mom for my kids. But I completely relate to oldest child with no one to talk to. Big love to you

• Love
Reactions: FireFox
TheSomebody

TheSomebody

Sep 28, 2020
Yes, I am like that too.

I turned 24 in October and had nothing to celebrate. I never had any romantic experiences, my few friends leaving me, I never had a job and I spend the day in a room.

Thanks to this lifestyle my whole family looks at me so low that even to do simple things they give me one more explanation, as if they think I'm stupid.

And the worst of all is that my SI and lack of motivation prevents me from ctb.

I feel trapped in this hell

Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
I'm 22 turning 23 this year and I'm hoping to either be living my best life or dead.

Reactions: death137
W

WaitingForTheBusInTh

Student
Nov 18, 2020
I'm 24 now and I dont plan to see my 25th. My degree was also useless (buisness with HR specialization). I have managed to hold a retail job but I know I'm never going any farther. Every time I see someone I went to school with buy a house I fall a little deeper into the abyss.
It's so frustrating to have tried so hard only to have the rug pulled out from your feet.

sourpink

sourpink

struggling in the direction of better
Aug 27, 2020
at 24, I was in an abusive/toxic romantic relationship. I was a mess, but I've been that way since I was a young child (like 7 years old) and while I still feel I'm a mess now, I do what I can to hold myself accountable in self awareness.
at 24, I finally graduated high school. I dropped out kinda young and never had money for college anyway. so I didn't prioritize academics they way I'd have liked to.
at 24, I relapsed (drugs) and had my most recent attempt.
at 24, I tried to begin to recover from my ED. spoiler, that didn't work.
at 24, I was still processing trauma recent and past - now , still doing that, and have more trauma. I was on at least ten different medications simultaneously. I'm on less now. I didn't have hope, and still don't. I thought briefly I mightve seen it - it was a mirage. I was living through trauma and I didn't recognize that at the time. I couldn't focus or create my art or be reliable or stop spinning.
24 sucked. so did the years that have followed. but damn am I glad I'm not that version of myself anymore.
I still haven't accomplished a damn thing. I have a lot of great stories and I've definitely lived a lot, but I have nothing to show for it outside of scars and addiction and trauma.
at 24 I had already accumulated the vast majority of my life experience and had already spent several years trying to improve, and I haven't been able to make much of a dent in progress. by the time I was 24 I had known for a long while I lacked that seemingly universal ability everyone else has to just 'handle' things.

Antigonish

Antigonish

Mage
Sep 19, 2020
I'm just turned 24 last month and am still depressed. My life has nothing to show for it. I'm a hopeless romantic and have never been to college. I'm not a virgin and have mostly others to blame for it, I started out young I guess. My life is a coin flip. Heads it gets better, tails I ctb tomorrow. I still have Hope's and things I dream of, I've just lost all of my motivation.

Everything at this point seems pointless, even death. I'd be happy if I could do what makes me happy and still make a living. But that's not how the world works. I honestly dont want a big and fancy college degree, dont care about a successful job or money in general. I just want to write and make music. That's pretty much it.

O

ovaltinee99

Student
Nov 9, 2020
Why do you say you've not achieved anything? You have a law degree. You acquired an education. Don't sell yourself short just because society isn't hiring you - a lot of job hunting involves luck and a lot of the time doesn't have to do with actual capability. A lot of us are also in the worst job markets now due to covid, so you're not alone. You and your education aren't useless just because this society is too greedy to care about anything else other than money.

ohhgeeitsme

ohhgeeitsme

Wizard
Feb 5, 2020
My ex husband was fueling my heroin addiction and we were partying a lot. This was the point where it was starting to not be fun anymore and when I really started to struggle with depression and anxiety and was begging my ex to stop bringing it around. I would literally be screaming and crying while he was shooting me up sometimes. It was bad. I'm turning 34 this month and I've been clean even since I left him, years ago, don't even crave the stuff.. but my life just never got any better. In fact, it actually got worse.