• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
That communicates nothing to me, sorry. Is it padded? How many centimeters is "a few" in this case? Can you give us a link to a photo?
Everyone else says it doesn't matter. Why are you dissenting?

Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
That communicates nothing to me, sorry. Is it padded? How many centimeters is "a few" in this case? Can you give us a link to a photo?

Like this?

It doesn't look a few cm thick to me but since you're only going 20 feet anyway I suppose it could come in handy.

All washed up

All washed up

Experienced
Oct 31, 2020
Doh, NFR has been messing around and I fell for it. Mind I don't think I'm the only one, lol

Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
Lol this is about established physics, not pseudoscience

It isn't about physics when no one had a clue about the "beanie". Anyway you've had your funny joke so why poke at me? If you want me to put you on my "ignore" list just say so.

Reactions: All washed up
A

AutoTap

Elementalist
Nov 11, 2020
I don't think the beanie would do anything. You should be fine

Reactions: Kramer
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
I'm 99% certain (okay, 20%, I was exaggerating) that the OP's been taking the piss the whole time.

Which makes me wonder...

If someone pissed off a bridge from 1000 feet and it landed on your head as you were passing underneath, would it hurt you?

Follow-up question: Could the padding of a 3cm-thick beanie protect you?

Follow-up question: Should I wear a beanie any time I walk under a bridge?

Follow-up question: Do beanies still come with propellers on them and everyone just takes them off?

Follow-up question: If I jumped from a 1000ft bridge wearing a propeller beanie would it slow my descent enough that I could survive?

See OP's other threads for some more great plausibly deniable mind-bending, for exampe: Is it a good idea to throw your keys or phone and then jump after it? How can I know beforehand if I'll regret jumping during the fall? Why does my sex drive decrease if I don't masturbate? What smells does one usually smell during sex? How would you feel if Trump wins again, reignites Manifest Destiny and conquers Canada?

WWFSD
(What Would @fightingsioux Do?)

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

🚫Safety is a figment of the imagination🚫
Jul 1, 2020
idk if someone already suggested something like this but a good test to make you feel better about this,

attach a brick to a hard hat and see what happens? if it doesnt break ill be surprised and if it does break then im sure a piece of fabric wont protect you.

unless youre jumping into water (that im not sure how to test) this would be a good in general jumping test

Reactions: ecmnesia
Gromit-CTB

Gromit-CTB

time for ctb
Nov 14, 2020
Answered as best I can

I'm 99% certain (okay, 20%, I was exaggerating) that the OP's been taking the piss the whole time.

Which makes me wonder...

If someone pissed off a bridge from 1000 feet and it landed on your head as you were passing underneath, would it hurt you?

Yes without a Levi beanie

Follow-up question: Could the padding of a 3cm-thick beanie protect you?

Only if a Levi one

Follow-up question: Should I wear a beanie any time I walk under a bridge?

Only if someone is pissing off bridge

Follow-up question: Do beanies still come with propellers on them and everyone just takes them off?

The kids don't like propellers these days, not til tok friendly

Follow-up question: If I jumped from a 1000ft bridge wearing a propeller beanie would it slow my descent enough that I could survive?

Yes if Levi one.

Answered as best I can for you :wink:

Last edited:
Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
idk if someone already suggested something like this but a good test to make you feel better about this,

attach a brick to a hard hat and see what happens? if it doesnt break ill be surprised and if it does break then im sure a piece of fabric wont protect you.

unless youre jumping into water (that im not sure how to test) this would be a good in general jumping test
That helps
One time 8 or so hours another just a few, my last one I have a thread on here about it.
Wow. Why so long?

Greenberg

Greenberg

nitrogenexit.blogspot.com
Jun 28, 2020
The bridge is almost 1000 ft. The beanie is a few centimeters thick. I always feel comfy when I wear it.
You can wear anything on your head, including a hard hat; and you will be fine.

T

Tired of existing

Nov 28, 2020
Jumping ist 99 % about psychology and 1 % about moving your body.

Getting yourself motivated is the key if that is what you really want.
Whatever helps you in the endeavor, whatever makes you calm and focused must be a good thing.