ephemerality

ephemerality

slipping into a dream
Jan 24, 2023
mine's really as simple as just "it's a nice word" and a good way to sum up our time on earth. in the long run we're all insignificant, here for a moment and then gone,

Reactions: rationaltake and Forever Sleep
DeathToSpiesSMERSH

DeathToSpiesSMERSH

Feb 22, 2023
The organisation and phrase that came to be Soviet anti-spy operations during WW2

Reactions: leeloosnow
disorder

disorder

Jan 10, 2023
disorder by joy division !!!

Reactions: rationaltake and leeloosnow
rail.tracerr

rail.tracerr

doing the best i can.
Feb 13, 2023
i used to have positive thoughts about trains. thought they were fascinating and wonderful pieces of machinery. but now I get these fucked up thoughts, wanting to trace the rails with my hand. get close enough to touch them so that i don't feel the impact until im gone. So my name is about my urge to trace the rails, and ctb.

But it's also a reference to my favorite character in the anime Baccano, the rail tracer.

• Hugs
Reactions: rationaltake, Fwompje, themisbelow and 1 other person
leeloosnow

leeloosnow

Warlock
Aug 28, 2022
i used to have positive thoughts about trains. thought they were fascinating and wonderful pieces of machinery. but now I get these fucked up thoughts, wanting to trace the rails with my hand. get close enough to touch them so that i don't feel the impact until im gone. So my name is about my urge to trace the rails, and ctb.

But it's also a reference to my favorite character in the anime Baccano, the rail tracer.
thats interesting thanks for sharing :) my great grandfather was obsessed with trains, and by the end of his life had built a ridiculously expansive train set with multiple villiages in the old barn, which was 2 stories tall. i thought it was the coolest. i bet little cute rats could've rode around on that and... teeheee!!
leeloo was a nickname i had for years

Reactions: rationaltake
georgecostanza

georgecostanza

Mar 6, 2022
Famous bands often have interesting stories behind what made them come up with their band names. In the same vein, I've seen many interesting/creative usernames on SS and was wondering what the thought process behind them were or events/movies/songs that inspired you to choose your username. Obviously suicide would be one such reason...

I'll start: I was going through a hellish time and feeling incredibly ill with very high pain levels and would've done anything to escape the pain. My prescription painkillers weren't working. So I was Googling different ctb methods and inevitably stumbled upon SS. I was desperate to join and couldn't think clearly due to the pain, so I just chose a username that was the first word to pop into my head, which bizarrely happened to be the word "Pookie." There was simply no thinking process behind it.

Now your turn. (Obviously don't give away too many identifying/personal details as we all know this is a public forum
george constanza is a pathetic loser

• Hugs
dweams

dweams

i feel tired…maybe I’ll get wings
Feb 26, 2023
Mine means 'what will be will be'. Self-explanatory.
omg is this a "Heathers" film reference? This plays at the start and end of the movie

• Love
Laivirt

Laivirt

No one is going to save you.
Feb 5, 2023
It's just "trivial" but spelled backwards. I wanted my username to imply that my life just doesn't matter.

• Hugs
Reactions: rationaltake, leeloosnow and Forever Sleep
StillBreathing

StillBreathing

Student
Dec 4, 2022
Feeling like I am on the edge of living and death. Still breathing, but for how long.. who knows.

• Hugs
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Mine is from Star Wars- Return of the Jedi. From Yoda: 'Soon I will rest, yes, forever sleep. Earned it I have. Twilight is upon me, soon night must fall.'

• Hugs
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
I needed a unique username so I picked this one. It comes from a French expression that means to view life optimistically, so I used it for the delightful irony.

• Hugs
Reactions: rationaltake and leeloosnow
M

MasochistFemboy

Feb 21, 2023
I wish I knew why I was like this, maybe being molested at a very young age is what did it, but ill never be sure.

• Hugs
L

lionetta12

Just a random person
Aug 5, 2022
Famous bands often have interesting stories behind what made them come up with their band names. In the same vein, I've seen many interesting/creative usernames on SS and was wondering what the thought process behind them were or events/movies/songs that inspired you to choose your username. Obviously suicide would be one such reason...

I'll start: I was going through a hellish time and feeling incredibly ill with very high pain levels and would've done anything to escape the pain. My prescription painkillers weren't working. So I was Googling different ctb methods and inevitably stumbled upon SS. I was desperate to join and couldn't think clearly due to the pain, so I just chose a username that was the first word to pop into my head, which bizarrely happened to be the word "Pookie." There was simply no thinking process behind it.

Now your turn. (Obviously don't give away too many identifying/personal details as we all know this is a public forum.)
I was on the registration site and tried to make up a new username that I haven't used anywhere else and I used Lion because I'm a Leo and then I just added netta randomly within a few seconds and a random number that has no meaning to me.

everyday struggle

everyday struggle

Beware those who seek constant crowds for they are
Dec 14, 2022
I took it from a title of a song by biggie smalls.

Gustav Hartmann

Gustav Hartmann

Mage
Aug 28, 2021
Just a pseudonym I often use, it´s difficult to remember many of them.

S

Sourdough

Sep 3, 2022
It's my favorite bread
It's my favorite bread

Reactions: rationaltake and themisbelow
Electronic Music

Electronic Music

I want to have a choice too
Feb 26, 2023
Drum & Base, Trance, Techo, Hardstyle, House

I'ts nice that I can enjoy music like I do these genres.

kaipuff

kaipuff

。°✩ the zeitgeist ✩°。
Feb 22, 2023
it's honestly quite stupid, but my name came from my dad. when i was little, i had very puffy hair, and my name's kairi. my dad was always understanding of me. the only family member i trusted/can trust. i love him.

stermc

stermc

libertas quae sera tamen
Nov 24, 2022
It's actually the first 3 letters of my name and then the initials of my surnames. Very creative!

C

ceserasera

Dec 17, 2021
omg is this a "Heathers" film reference? This plays at the start and end of the movie
I just remembered it from the song, but makes sense that it would be at the end of a play like Heathers.

Ruma

Ruma

Experienced
Dec 26, 2021
Nothing too exciting or creative,just the name of my cat!

ctbgurl

ctbgurl

Jan 24, 2023

Now your turn. (Obviously don't give away too many identifying/personal details as we all know this is a public forum.)
It's arguably self-explanatory.

spacehardware

spacehardware

Unsubscribing soon
Feb 21, 2022
Mine's the name of a song by the late great Kirsty MacColl.

• Hugs
Reactions: rationaltake and Endex
xxAbigailxx

xxAbigailxx

InLoveWithDeath
Feb 8, 2023

The show "Hannibal". Abigail got the death I wish for...it probably hurt but she wasn't alone and it was with a gentle touch from her father figure...(at least thats how I interpret it).

• Hugs
twitchymouse

twitchymouse

hows the gutter doing?
Feb 19, 2023
twitchy (tourettes lol) mouse (good ol nickname)

• Hugs
webawl

webawl

Nov 13, 2022
I always loved the phrase "fuck it, we ball" because of my love for basketball and I always tell myself it after bad depressive episodes. But sometimes, I just wanna cry, hence the username.

Ghostofthepast

Ghostofthepast

Student
Dec 31, 2022
It's my nickname my sister gave to me my real name (that I'm not going to say for obvious reasons) was too hard for my sister when she was a baby but started saying Bubba and calling me that and eventually everyone started calling me Bubba and not I'm knows as Bubba lol it's funny how I hated it at first but now it's basically my name more than my real one 🤣🤣🤣

• Hugs