Ringo

Ringo

Rabbits on the Moon
Dec 3, 2020
When I come to think of it, my nickname has a bit of a silly background, It's a deformation of an old nickname that I used, changing some letters for others that were close on the keyboard, I was trying until I got something that sounded good to me. Coincidentally, for all intents and purposes, "nacht" means "night" in german.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and EternalOblivion
gruetesque

gruetesque

Freakazoid
Mar 7, 2023
Famous bands often have interesting stories behind what made them come up with their band names. In the same vein, I've seen many interesting/creative usernames on SS and was wondering what the thought process behind them were or events/movies/songs that inspired you to choose your username. Obviously suicide would be one such reason...

I'll start: I was going through a hellish time and feeling incredibly ill with very high pain levels and would've done anything to escape the pain. My prescription painkillers weren't working. So I was Googling different ctb methods and inevitably stumbled upon SS. I was desperate to join and couldn't think clearly due to the pain, so I just chose a username that was the first word to pop into my head, which bizarrely happened to be the word "Pookie." There was simply no thinking process behind it.

Now your turn. (Obviously don't give away too many identifying/personal details as we all know this is a public forum.)
For social medias that I want to keep relatively anonymous, I use the alias "Rue". Furthermore, I figured that since I feel like some abhorrent she'll of a person, "gruetesque" would work as a combination of the words "grotesque" and "Rue".

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
DearMe

DearMe

Let’s have tea together.
Nov 6, 2023
Nothing much. I was on a roll to write my frustration in my journal that day when I registered myself to SS. I was being a clustered-fuck that I wondered how I lived to this day. It was an existential crisis - and only happened to put this username in a daze.

I

iwkmlol

Nov 7, 2023
i wanna kill myself lol

DoomValuer

DoomValuer

So lost...
Nov 3, 2023
It explains itself :)

T

TiredOfFailure

Oct 31, 2023
Two failed attempts thus far. I've also failed in every aspect of life.

• Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Fimbulvetr
Fimbulvetr

Fimbulvetr

Nov 7, 2023
I actually already posted this in the pfp thread, but I'll post it here too!

My icon is Alice, from Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World. My username here is her strongest attack; Fimbulvetr. It also means 'awful, mighty winter'... Wikipedia also states this: "Fimbulvetr is the harsh winter that precedes the end of the world and puts an end to all life on Earth. Fimbulvetr is three successive winters, when snow comes in from all directions, without any intervening summer."
Between Alice being one of my favorite characters, and how I feel life is akin to a very long, awful, mighty winter, I thought it was fitting, yeah? We'll all die anyway, some may move on from this site and recover, but we'll all end up 6 feet under eventually. It's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when.
...But yeah, I thought it'd all be very fitting for me on a site like this.
I don't really have anything to add from my previous message about it tbh.

Reactions: Tears in Rain and Praestat_Mori
IWishToDie

IWishToDie

I check notifications once per week
Dec 31, 2023
It's in the name. Lol.

Slow_Farewell

Slow_Farewell

Warlock
Dec 19, 2023
Song Title as well. I like the lyrics.

Slow Farewell.

The winds are whispering a name
And tears fall from the sky
The Devil's on my shoulder
Singin' haunted lullabies
A walk along the road
Reveals a story full of pain
I wish I'd never come to be
So buried by the days
Now It's a slow farewell
My love, I sing to you
This lonely road runs straight to Hell
'Cuz It's a slow farewell
My love, I sing to you
This lonely road runs straight to hell
I curse the day and blame the world
For choices all my own
I got the patience of a dying man
Whose heart has turned to stone
The blood that's running through my veins
Is cold as cold can be
The darkness that I keep inside
Is surely killing me
And It's a slow farewell
My love, I sing to you
This lonely road runs straight to hell
Cuz It's a slow farewell
My love, I sing to you
I see a bird upon a gravestone
Who will lead me on my way
I see faces that I recognize
Whose names I cannot place
I'm a sinner in the worst way
So please, I'm asking you,
Light a candle, say a prayer for me...
There's nothing left to do
Cuz It's a slow farewell
My love, I sing to you
Cuz It's a slow farewell
My love, I sing to you

R

ropearoundatree

Experienced
Nov 9, 2023
It was the title of an email once sent to me.

leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
It refers to what I believe the human existence is. A trap for souls.

EtterathButterfly

EtterathButterfly

“Have I won? Has a new me been reborn?”
Dec 31, 2023
Famous bands often have interesting stories behind what made them come up with their band names. In the same vein, I've seen many interesting/creative usernames on SS and was wondering what the thought process behind them were or events/movies/songs that inspired you to choose your username. Obviously suicide would be one such reason...

I'll start: I was going through a hellish time and feeling incredibly ill with very high pain levels and would've done anything to escape the pain. My prescription painkillers weren't working. So I was Googling different ctb methods and inevitably stumbled upon SS. I was desperate to join and couldn't think clearly due to the pain, so I just chose a username that was the first word to pop into my head, which bizarrely happened to be the word "Pookie." There was simply no thinking process behind it.

Now your turn. (Obviously don't give away too many identifying/personal details as we all know this is a public forum.)
Originally, I was going to be HiraethButterfly, because I liked the symbolism of butterflies and I consider my friends in 2017 a home I miss.
Instead, I changed to EtterathButterfly, etterath meaning the feeling of emptiness after a long process is complete. My long process is life, and I don't think I feel anything anymore.

SketchedOut

SketchedOut

compulsory breathing torture (cbt)
Oct 9, 2023
my gf, who struggles with self-harm wrote "i'm a self opening ketchup packet" in her diary and shared it with me, and i liked it so much, that i used it as my reddit username for my vent alt. SelfOpeningKetchup. and then, since i didn't wanna share my real name on it, i put "refer to me as Sketch" in my bio. as in Self opening KETCHup. and then i just played around with that name and ended up with SketchedOut as a play on words.

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and Praestat_Mori
G

girl2910

Jan 2, 2024
I'm a girl and the numbers are the date my best friend first wrote me on WhatsApp

Sylveon

Sylveon

...Anomaly
Oct 10, 2023
It's the name of my favourite Pokémon, but admittedly, I changed my username in a hurry, so I might not stick with it, lol.

Reactions: almaPerdida and Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
My user name and avatar text is Latin and it simply translates as:

It's better to die than to suffer this.

Pretty much straightforward what I think.

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and Tears in Rain
WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

Hold your head high, and your middle finger higher
Dec 25, 2020
almaPerdida

almaPerdida

"Oh God, I’m so depressed." - Marvin
Nov 24, 2023
It means "Lost Soul" in Portuguese

Alltheywanted

Alltheywanted

I'll just lay here and die
Mar 6, 2023
This is the title of one of my favorite songs, "All They Wanted" by Panchiko. I also thought it described me well because I was always trying to be what they wanted me to be.

MyLuckyStars

MyLuckyStars

Funeral Crasher
Dec 13, 2023
there's that old saying "thank your lucky stars". what have my lucky stars ever done for me? "my lucky stars" must be some sort of cruel or sinister entity, i figure. something about that contrast between the folksy saying and more cynical personal interpretation of mine is amusing to me. also has the benefit of rolling off the tongue, and sounding like a good band name.