• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

ASp4E

ASp4E

May 23, 2024
With my limited knowledge I believe for example SN or pure helium tanks tend to raise red flags or invoke welfare checks, but what of other materials like ligatures (ropes, chains, cables), knives, guns, medication, antiemetics, household toxins, etc? In particular ligatures would seem like they'd invoke welfare checks sometimes, and yet I'm not sure I've seen a report of one here on SaSu, whereas SaSu is filled with reports of SN welfare checks.

Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
The chance is low.

Honestly, I didn't see anyone being checked because they had a helium tank.
But this may be due to the fact that I have little interest in this topic.

People purchasing SN are also currently not checked (probably).
There was "only" a certain moment when people who bought SN were checked.
It was related to one source that was targeted by the services.
For example, I had no control because I was buying from another source.
Also, not everyone had control (if I'm not mistaken), even if they bought from this burned source.

Ropes, knives, etc. then there is absolutely nothing to be afraid of.
These are common items.
Why would anyone be interested in this?

Medicines are another matter, but also in most cases nothing to worry about.
It all depends on what paints you buy, where and how.
For example, I bought Domperidone through a certain website.
I got the recipe by taking a quiz on the website.
Domperidone came without any problem and I had no control.

If you're not being watched for any reason, you're not bragging to anyone about your plans and what you're buying, and you're not terribly unlucky, then you have nothing to worry about.

• Informative
Reactions: Heartaches
Begotten

Begotten

May 8, 2024
There's no reason for intervention, none of those itens are made for suicide.
it's just us who get kinda paranoic as like they can read our mind, and sometimes getting nervous and anxious maybe can make people suspicious about something

H

HereTomorrow

On break. Read "About" on profile.
Feb 1, 2024
When buying some items for SH IRL, I made sure to purchase additional items alongside it to lessen worry. If I showed up to the register with razor blades, alcohol, and band-aids, at most it'll make them concerned, but as someone in retail they only do checks if you're visibly intoxicated (this may vary from store) and then they at most decline to sell it, only calling police if you attempt to fight or steal (which is illegal in most if not all places).

Most regular items that just happened to be used to CTB shouldn't be concerning unless you give them a direct reason for them to be concerned (telling cashier you won't be around for long).

Last edited:
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
No, that's just a myth some people here like to scare people with.

No one is doing welfare checks on SN or inert gas tanks.

DarknessInMe

DarknessInMe

Jun 19, 2023
I don't have experience with buying inert gas tanks and my SN hasn't arrived yet.
However, as I bought a rope in a hardware store, no one seemed to see any connection to suicide, even though I was particularly asked what I want to do with that rope and I answered that I plan attaching it to the ceiling, even naming the amount of weight of the object I plan to hang (my weight) since I was asked about that as well.
It seems logical to me that we might overestimate other people's awareness of possible suicide methods, thinking of these and everything linked to that way more intensely than other people ever did and probably do.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
As an aside, if you're considering using helium, the typical "store bought" tanks won't work because they're not 100% helium. They mix O2 in with the helium now. You can still get 100% helium, but it's more difficult, and you'd probably have to go to an industrial or welding supplier, and you would definitely need to verify that it is 100% helium that you're purchasing.

• Informative
ASp4E

ASp4E

May 23, 2024
Thank you for all the responses. Seems the general consensus is that the chance of intervention is low, and if buying in-person it's good to have a reasonable explanation in hand, not to show any concerning intent or behavior, and to perhaps buy additional benign items. Though perhaps it's better to avoid buying in-person so as to avoid questions.

It's reassuring that the prevalence of welfare checks for SN seems not as high as I thought, but as I'm assuming it's difficult to prove or disprove people's reports here, I'm not sure I'll act as though they are necessarily false. Part of me wonders whether ordering to someone else's address first and seeing how it goes for them would help, but I don't know.

ASp4E

ASp4E

May 23, 2024
As an aside, if you're considering using helium, the typical "store bought" tanks won't work because they're not 100% helium. They mix O2 in with the helium now. You can still get 100% helium, but it's more difficult, and you'd probably have to go to an industrial or welding supplier, and you would definitely need to verify that it is 100% helium that you're purchasing.
Yeah, I have indeed heard of that from others here and from CTB literature, but thank you for the warning and guidance nonetheless. I have been considering nitrogen before helium for those reasons, if I do go this route.

Reactions: locked*n*loaded