so tired or manic

so tired or manic

Arcanist
Jun 12, 2020
He just might. Humans can be pretty dense sometimes. I talk to my bunnies. It helps that they nod their heads and wink like they understand, lol

I have a little orange kitty shadow that follows me around the house. she's helped me by far a lot more than any humans have. just a bundle of pure love. one chinchilla is pretty independent, but the other loves when I'm talking to her. then they switch when out of the cage. the independent one loves to be held and the other just wants to explore and make sure everything is where it was last time.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: InterstateFlowers, Lostandlooking, Deleted member 17331 and 4 others
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I used to go to restaurants by myself and that's kind of a lonely thing to do. It's like your loneliness is on display and you are silently pitied/despised as a weirdo loser.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: stygal, InterstateFlowers, Deleted member 17331 and 5 others
Abgrundanziehung

Abgrundanziehung

or Abi for short
Jun 24, 2020
I have a little orange kitty shadow that follows me around the house. she's helped me by far a lot more than any humans have. just a bundle of pure love. one chinchilla is pretty independent, but the other loves when I'm talking to her. then they switch when out of the cage. the independent one loves to be held and the other just wants to explore and make sure everything is where it was last time.
Awww. I also have an orange kitty shadow, but she's more into the snuggles than the following. Your chinchillas sound a lot like my bunchkins. All of them except one are varying degrees of snuggly depending on their mood. As soon as you put them down though, they're off exploring and causing mayhem.

• Love
Reactions: InterstateFlowers, Deleted member 17331, AvaAdore and 3 others
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
I am also 100% lonely. My "parents" kicked me out at 18. Never heard from them again. Oh, I have a older brother and a younger sister, there is again, NEVER have they spoke to me. When my "parents" died, they left enough money for my brother and sister to have to never work again and they left me ZERO. This is why I am on this web site, I can connect with people like me and it helps so much.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Wow
Reactions: thelastofit, ocd is bad, InterstateFlowers and 10 others
Abgrundanziehung

Abgrundanziehung

or Abi for short
Jun 24, 2020
I used to go to restaurants by myself and that's kind of a lonely thing to do. It's like your loneliness is on display and you are silently pitied/despised as a weirdo loser.
I was just thinking yesterday of ways to cheer myself up and thinking I need to start going out to eat more. I'm an adventurous eater and tired of the same old. For practical reasons, it would mostly have to be alone, though. I'm worried about looking weird going out alone too, but really I don't think anyone actually cares. It's becoming more common now. I'm thinking I could bring a book, or even post on here for company

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga, InterstateFlowers, Deleted member 17331 and 4 others
so tired or manic

so tired or manic

Arcanist
Jun 12, 2020
my 'escape' I drove across the country. it took 5 days, 12 hours at a time. other than my worst flashback during the trip, it was so calming to be away from everything and everyone. just me and my animals and the road.

I'd be for the vanlife thing if there was a way to keep the chinchillas cold while doing it. for now it's a dream after they're gone. at 10 and 12 it could easily be another 10 or more years away, but some day.

Reactions: InterstateFlowers, lyhnn, Abgrundanziehung and 2 others
deleted

deleted

Wizard
Jul 31, 2020
create an imaginary friend when I was younger

• Hugs
Reactions: stygal, InterstateFlowers, Lostandlooking and 4 others
M

Morphinekiss

Enlightened
Jun 8, 2019
I'm pretty much alone all the time, so doing things by myself doesn't really phase me. I will say I do remember feeling the overwhelming wave of loneliness most when I was by myself at the hospital having a miscarriage. My boyfriend at the time was emotionally detached and told me to fend for myself if I was worried about the bleeding. To have a doctor walk in and tell me I needed emergency surgery, then leave, and not have another person there to talk to was.... heartbreaking. I did wake up from surgery with my parents there though, I think a nurse called them.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: InterstateFlowers, Lostandlooking, Deleted member 17331 and 5 others
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
I'm worried about looking weird going out alone too, but really I don't think anyone actually cares.
I've had a couple of men (I'm female) stare me down really hatefully as if they want me to feel ashamed and embarrassed. I had a couple of young women give me deliberately pitying looks and sad smiles the whole time I was eating too.
In a snooty expensive restaurant I was ignored completely by the waitresses not even given a menu or glass of water for half an hour while others sat down ordered and got their meals. I finally got the hint and left.
overwhelming wave of loneliness most when I was by myself at the hospital having a miscarriage.
That's incredibly lonely, been there done that.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Hmph!
Reactions: InterstateFlowers, Deleted member 17331, AvaAdore and 8 others
so tired or manic

so tired or manic

Arcanist
Jun 12, 2020
I've done the alone at the hospital thing. it was after a suicide attempt. my abusive ex refused to tell me roommate where I was and told me she never asked.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga, InterstateFlowers, Deleted member 17331 and 7 others
Deleted member 18655

Deleted member 18655

Enlightened
Jun 4, 2020
The List of my doing things with anyone else would be a shorter list than the loneliest things! The best from that list was me going to Cyprus for a long weekend. I'd never really done anything with anyone else.

• Hugs
Reactions: InterstateFlowers, Deleted member 17331, Élégie and 6 others
Abgrundanziehung

Abgrundanziehung

or Abi for short
Jun 24, 2020
I've had a couple of men (I'm female) stare me down really hatefully as if they want me to feel ashamed and embarrassed. I had a couple of young women give me deliberately pitying looks and sad smiles the whole time I was eating too.
In a snooty expensive restaurant I was ignored completely by the waitresses not even given a menu or glass of water for half an hour while others sat down ordered and got their meals. I finally got the hint and left.
Well thats horribly rude. Sorry to hear that. I wouldn't know much about going to expensive restaurants. Its a little different than the small, local, immigrant-owned places that serve anything other than american food that I like to go to. More inclusive, I think

• Hugs
Reactions: InterstateFlowers, Deleted member 17331, whywere and 2 others
so tired or manic

so tired or manic

Arcanist
Jun 12, 2020
I went into an expensive restaurant to use their bathroom. they actually let me without ordering, which was surprising. the bathroom even had lotion and pillow mints and there was a fancy couch. I wish I knew what the food tasted like, but money is a thing.

still was fun to see the bathroom even.

• Hugs
Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga, InterstateFlowers, Deleted member 17331 and 3 others
The Warm Industry

The Warm Industry

It's still raining, up here
Jan 26, 2020
When I was a kid, I used to have imaginary friends and I constantly spoke "for them", something that scared the shit out of my relatives. But what few people knew is that I dressed in adult clothes, old clothes or even dresses to embody my imaginary friends completely. I was kind of a weird kid.

For a long time, they (or me, in this case) were my only confidants.

• Hugs
Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga, InterstateFlowers, Lostandlooking and 4 others
E

everydayiloveyou

Arcanist
Jul 5, 2020
My social anxiety is real bad so I've never gone outside enough to do anything too lonely looking.

I guess one thing is coming onto SS to get social interaction. I don't have anyone to talk to irl or on other sites. I just have my immediate family, but I never talk to them about serious things.

Also as a kid I used to grade my own essays and tests during those pair grading sessions. Sometimes I'd write "sorry I graded myself" whenever the teachers asked for specific notes/reviews. No one ever mentioned it though, and I never got in trouble for it.

• Hugs
Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga, InterstateFlowers, Deleted member 17331 and 6 others
sadghost

sadghost

S
May 17, 2020
On my 17th birthday only my Mom wished me a Happy Birthday. I went to school and then after school I celebrated alone in my room with birthday cake flavoured gum because I was too scared of the calories in cake.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: stygal, Meaninglesslife50, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga and 8 others
XYZ

XYZ

I just can’t get these damn wrists to bleed
Jul 22, 2020
Hating those who harmed me is the loneliest thing I've ever done.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: InterstateFlowers, disabledandhopeless, Deleted member 17331 and 6 others
puppy9

puppy9

au revoir
Jun 13, 2019
Gambling, and it ruined my life.

I never thought that my late Bipolar diagnosis could ruin my life.

• Hugs
Reactions: InterstateFlowers, Deleted member 17331, Meditation guide and 3 others
serah

serah

Student
May 6, 2020
I talk to myself constantly. I've created a group of people in my head who I talk to throughout the day, telling them about how I've been, what I've done, and what I plan to do. Kind of like a streamer talking to their chat, except its just me. Pretty pathetic I know. But it helps create the illusion that people care about me and masks how lonely I really feel.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga, InterstateFlowers, Deleted member 17331 and 6 others
M

mouseteeth

Dec 2, 2019
I used to tell my mom i was going out with friends when I was really just wandering alone.
I had no friends in school so she forced me to see a therapist. She would contstantly shame me for being weird. Therapy was useless and pointless.
So, I'd say i was going out with "friends" when I wasn't, but simply being out of the house was enough to get her to leave me alone.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: LONE WOLF., mahakaliSS_MahaDurga, RicRac and 4 others
B

BetterInthanOut

Student
Mar 6, 2020
The loneliest thing I've done is buy my own birthday cake, and I ate it in the car crying. I was completely alone then, I have people now, but it doesn't always make things easier

• Love
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga, InterstateFlowers, Deleted member 17331 and 4 others
Throwawaysoul

Throwawaysoul

Mage
May 14, 2018
Growing up I always looked for one player board games. Advanced Hero Quest was one.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: InterstateFlowers, Deleted member 17331, Meditation guide and 2 others
so tired or manic

so tired or manic

Arcanist
Jun 12, 2020
very drunk all by myself. I've been told that's very lonely.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: MutatedFlower, InterstateFlowers, Deleted member 17331 and 2 others
Poptart

Poptart

Try me Frozen
Nov 7, 2019
Yall for my 20th birthday I invited over a vacuum salesman to give me a pitch so i wouldnt be alone.

The free promo at the end I pretended was a present.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: ocd is bad, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga, InterstateFlowers and 9 others
UpsidedownStar

UpsidedownStar

Mar 29, 2020
Created a mental companion (who I suppose was just a product of my disorder after all) in 2017 and became close friends with them. Profile picture is what they look like. Eventually got on some meds for schizophrenia and they stopped talking to me and I cried because my closest friend was gone.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga, InterstateFlowers, Lostandlooking and 6 others
Klee

Klee

Never play cards with a magician.
Apr 19, 2020
I think making my own birthday cake, on my birthday, and eating it alone made me realise that things were quite lonely.
Taking a bottle of wine to bed is also a bit sad.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: snowflakebreeze, InterstateFlowers, Deleted member 17331 and 3 others
Emily_Numb

Emily_Numb

Wizard
Jan 14, 2020
I actually love going for lunch or dinner on my own. To me it feels opulent and mysterious. The fancier the place the better because I tell myself I am worth it and should be allowed to treat myself to such luxuries. If I ever see someone alone in a restaurant I always think how sophisticated they look and how they don't need to have a reason/person to be able to enjoy those things. I think it exudes confidence.

Drinking alone in a bar and pretending I was waiting for someone (who never showed up). Now that's pretty sad, but that's what an early stage alcoholic will do. For me, it was visiting an art gallery and pretending I was interested in buying stuff for a home I didn't even own in a country I didn't even live in. Baffling behaviour

• Hugs
Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga, InterstateFlowers, Deleted member 17331 and 3 others
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
I actually love going for lunch or dinner on my own.
I do too! It's relaxing. I went to a restaurant in a 5 star resort alone as a female. I'm sure I was the only woman who ever did that in that place.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: InterstateFlowers, Deleted member 17331, Done at Fifty and 3 others
A

AllReturnsToNothing

I'm useless
Aug 5, 2020
Recently I was given leftover weed brownies by my brother that his partner and him made and shared the previous day while I was at work. I then proceeded to eat all of the brownies, and stuff my face full of food I got from Five Guys while I mindlessly watched youtube videos. It was actually felt pretty damn good at the time especially since I had just left my job that nearly killed me, but the next day after I got up from bed and the high wore off I realized that being high alone is just sad.

• Hugs
Reactions: InterstateFlowers, Deleted member 17331, ocd is bad and 2 others
lostangel

lostangel

Enlightened
Mar 22, 2019
A few years ago I told my mother that I was going to the cinema with my school friends. I didn't have any. I watched it alone and had to lie to her when she picked me up. I just said ''they went out the other door''.

• Hugs
  • Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: Disappointered, InterstateFlowers, Deleted member 17331 and 3 others