• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Z

zzeroo

Mar 6, 2024
For most of human history so far, we lived without internet and technology. How do you think you'd personally react if you blinked and suddenly there's no way of using the internet, texting or calling whatsoever? You thought it would only last a few hours but you wake up tomorrow and there's still no access..

Would you immediately proceed with one of the method(s) you knew from here? Or would you wait to see what happens?

(I know this is a mostly unrealistic scenario but you can imagine..)

M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
I m fortunate enough to have been born before all these technologies were availabe. So it wouldn't matter really. There is no internet needed to kill yourself. If anything, the internet keeps us alive.

TopChicken

TopChicken

Time to catch the bus
Mar 4, 2024
Unfortunately it's not that farfetched a scenario. If you look up coronal mass elections, they're a giant sun storm that releases a ton of magnetic storms, basically a giant emp. The last one happened in the 1800s before technology. They say the chances of another big one, this century, are really high. The problem is we don't want to spend the money on shielding our infrastructure and when it hits we will be in big trouble for a while.

Dead Ghost

Dead Ghost

Mestre del Temps
May 6, 2022
I wouldn't care much, the truth (as long as the basic infrastructures for the normal daily development of society are not affected: water, food, hospitals, transport, etc...).

Also, the internet is a life-destroyer, if I ever feel better I'll cancel the internet, I only have it because I don't dare to leave the house.
And as for the mobile phone, no one calls me and I only have it for very specific things (basically I use it to authorize digital purchases), I've had it for two years because it was mandatory to have a bank card.

//

No m'importaría gaire, la veritat (sempre hi quan no resultessin afectades les infraestructures bàsiques per al normal desenvolupament diari de la societat: aigua, menjar, hospitals, transports, etc...).

A mes, la xarxa és un destrossa-vides, si algún día em poso bé donaré de baixa l'Internet, només el tinc perquè no m'atreveixo a sortir de casa.
I en quant al mòbil, no em truca pas ningú i només el tinc per coses molt puntuals (bàsicament el faig servir per autoritzar compres digitals), el tinc desde fa dos anys perque era obligatori per tenir una targeta bancària.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I'd probably be dead. With how technology-savvy the current world is, I believe that it's basically impossible to survive nowadays without technology. Of course back when technology didn't exist, people were okay but that was only because nobody had access to technology. In the case where only I didn't have access to technology, I'd be very screwed. Oh, also, I need my escape from reality

Final_Choice

Final_Choice

Mage
Aug 3, 2023
If it's just internet and not all digital technology I'd probably just try to adapt just to see how everyone reacts to it. It would majorly suck, but I have everything that I absolutely need on a daily basis downloaded already. I would miss having access to the internet and being able to look up different things as well as having long-distance communication, but I imagine it would be replaced by some other medium eventually. Though I would only wait until my already planned date that I have to CTB. If it's all digital technology then I'm screwed, would stick around for a bit still just to see how everyone reacts but then I'd do it.

persimmon

persimmon

Jan 21, 2024
For most of human history so far, we lived without internet and technology. How do you think you'd personally react if you blinked and suddenly there's no way of using the internet, texting or calling whatsoever? You thought it would only last a few hours but you wake up tomorrow and there's still no access..

Would you immediately proceed with one of the method(s) you knew from here? Or would you wait to see what happens?

(I know this is a mostly unrealistic scenario but you can imagine..)
I see myself ctb within a couple of hours even if I knew it was being restored the next day. Patience not my strong point.

Silent_cries

Silent_cries

I wish I could delete my trauma...
Aug 10, 2021
Depends, if it was temporary I'd just do my best to wait it out, unless things gets too rough for me that is, if permanently then I'd ctb coz there'd be nothing to life for me anymore.

druggedonsurvival

druggedonsurvival

Student
Feb 8, 2024
Probably feel horrible because the internet is really the only source of the coping mechanisms I have (SaSu, music, YouTube, etc.). On the other hand, maybe it would motivate me to actually go outside and interact with people - that could improve things for me. But I feel like it would be equally likely to motivate me to ctb given this sudden loss of a massive emotional anchor.

Reactions: Kit1 and zzeroo
nofunclub

nofunclub

all in all, it’s just another brick in the wall
Jul 17, 2023
Things would be dark, with no contact with friends in other cities and none of my normal methods of distraction… I guess I would try using books as a substitute lol but I don't think I would survive it for long

Reactions: Kit1
K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
It will get some getting used to - firstly I will probably be working flat out in my day job as everything need to be configured for the vulnerable clients that we work with. That will be an absolute nightmare and guess I will be working 7 days per week for a while.

Outside of work, I will be fine. I love playing board games with my children, reading, driving etc - actually everything I love is away from the Internet.

maidens

maidens

" living like this forever is just fine! "
Aug 27, 2023
immediately ctb lol, the internet is quite literally all I have

Reactions: sserafim