• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Gromit-CTB

Gromit-CTB

time for ctb
Nov 14, 2020
My fall would last 10 seconds. But I don't think people think while they fall. Stick your head out of the window while driving 60 mph. You won't be thinking of the past or regrets. You'll be in the moment and overwhelmed.
10 seconds is a serious height (about 1000ft). Impressive. You can think whatever you like. Going about 110mph probably, it's windy.

Pookie

Pookie

Somebody you used to know.
Oct 18, 2020
Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
Last edited:
Reactions: Meditation guide
W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
I get the sense it would be complete panic.
Or perhaps those few seconds would stretch out so long you could relive your whole life in retrospect.
But I'd wish I could close my ends, and clear my head of all thoughts. Perhaps, just one thought - an image that would bring me comfort in my final moments. Perhaps my best friend, smiling, with his arm outstretch, ready to welcome me into the beyond. "I've been waiting for you."

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
Some people who've survived falls say it feels like time slows down.

I was about to be hit in my car by a truck skidding out of control and time did slow down. It happened in a flash, the truck was skidding sideways on a wet road, but my thinking in that split second was so clear and everything was so slow, I thought "so this is how my life is going to end." Then I unfastened my seat belt and laid down behind the dash to not slam into the steering wheel. I was unhurt but the car was destroyed.
In real time it happened in the time it takes you to snap your fingers.

Last edited:
grungeCat

grungeCat

Awkward & weird
Jul 5, 2020
10 seconds of your SI literally raising every stress alert in your body. I suppose it is the most stressful situation a human can be in.

sarahR

sarahR

Experienced
Nov 11, 2020
I reckon those 10 seconds would be the time when your whole life flashes in front of you. Just my guess. Have you seen the bridge documentary? It's heart breaking.

Reactions: Pookie
Throwmyselfaway

Throwmyselfaway

Not gone yet but soon
Jan 14, 2020
The chorus to Tom pettys free fallin. I'm twisted enough that it's possible I would be thinking this

Reactions: Pookie
T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
Life's probably so cruel that despite facing certain death your brain fills with ideas that could have easily changed your life and the possibility of happiness seemed plausible. That wouldn't surprise me... This evil joke... Terminally I'll people full of regrets rather than ' woah since I'm dying I feel great' is an example. Sick evil joke

A

AutoTap

Elementalist
Nov 11, 2020
Life's probably so cruel that despite facing certain death your brain fills with ideas that could have easily changed your life and the possibility of happiness seemed plausible. That wouldn't surprise me... This evil joke... Terminally I'll people full of regrets rather than ' woah since I'm dying I feel great' is an example. Sick evil joke
Apparently this actually happens. People who survive ctb lots of the time say that they feel everything is fixable and everything. Then they're back to ctb later.

Reactions: Kramer
T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
Apparently this actually happens. People who survive ctb lots of the time say that they feel everything is fixable and everything. Then they're back to ctb later.
Exactly proof we are in hell. What possible purpose does it serve to have negative thoughts "oh shit I made a mistake" when death is imminent.
I can understand si biologically but final moments just take the piss.

Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
10 seconds of your SI literally raising every stress alert in your body. I suppose it is the most stressful situation a human can be in.
That sounds scary
That's what I'm afraid of. Waking from my seemingly foggy mind to see possibilities that weren't obvious until it's too late
A temporary delusion. It's so sinister
Exactly proof we are in hell. What possible purpose does it serve to have negative thoughts "oh shit I made a mistake" when death is imminent.
I can understand si biologically but final moments just take the piss.
Does this occur in most suicides and even regular deaths?

Last edited:
S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020

If jumping was my chosen method and something like this were to happen to me on the way down.. jeez would I ever be pissed off.

A

AutoTap

Elementalist
Nov 11, 2020
If jumping was my chosen method and something like this were to happen to me on the way down.. jeez would I ever be pissed off.
Yeh same here. I'm worried this happens with hanging as well. Or any method that isn't instant :/

S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
Yeh same here. I'm worried this happens with hanging as well. Or any method that isn't instant :/

I doubt too many of the approximately 1,000,000 people (and rising number...) who are killing themselves each year can get themselves into a nice place during the act?

It was an indescribable sensation to be in that place.