elfgyoza

elfgyoza

Cursed
Aug 5, 2019
I think I'm the same as quite a few above - anything that would make life worthwhile for me is not realistically attainable.
Unless I can dramatically change my brain or society, the things that give me no hope will not go away. A shit ton of money would definitely help, but I'd still be lacking purpose and hope

• Love
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, JGT, 12345 and 2 others
O

ontheedge81

Dec 10, 2020
Ontheedge81
The future scares me because i am scared i wont be successful, still single and living a boring meaningless life.

There are loads of forum members with bipolar here . I have noticed on this site i been around on this site for many months.

create about thread living about bipolar you or asking if anyone is bipolar. Then you will find the bipolar memebers
This way you can talk to people like you and people who understand.
I am not bipolar i dont understand what you are going through. All i can do is educate myself and be compassionate.

Actually you sound like me
I dont want to die but i dont want to live my life in its current form.

I hope things work out for you. Everyone deserves happiness including you.

Remember people with bipolar have done amazing things with thier lives . Forget the celebrities for minute

Vincent van gough suffered bipolar and became the worlds greatest artists.
Virginia wolf the writer suffered from bipolar
Take care
Love
FireFox
Thanks so much FireFox. Van Gough killed himself though? Right? Not sure about Virginia but something tells me she did...but that's beside the point and not why I am thanking you.

my advice about success is that success takes many forms and sometimes we have to forget what the normal measure of success is. What does success look like for you?
How old are you? Male, female or other? The being single thing bothers me too...I've been lucky to have had women, girlfriends for a few years, and loving someone was great...I've hugged a pillow at nighttime for nearly 13 years since my fiancé and I broke up because we always slept close....and probably because of another girlfriend I lived with you was the first one I ever cheated on...yeah having a relationship can be a great thing but it can also be a terrible thing; I've had one that broke me and honestly don't think I've ever been the same since...all in negative ways..

You deserve to have success, and love and some meaning. Your post meant a great deal to me, so thank you for providing some meaning to me..
Love back.

• Love
Reactions: FireFox
O

ontheedge81

Dec 10, 2020
There's some really good answers here. I honestly don't know if anything would make me want to live. As my emo username indicates, I hate life. Been depressed and anxious for so, so long. Even if those issues became managable, nothing really seems worth living for. I know there's a lot of good things in life, like my friends, volunteering, animals, children (even though they scare me), kind people, nature... But I just don't want to be alive. Life is dull and grey to me, and there's too many bad things imo.

That's a really pretty picture by the way, and the message resonates with.
You're tough af for living depressed and anxious for a long long time. I admire you for that.

• Hugs
Reactions: JGT, sleepypieforever and BitterlyAlive_
BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
You're tough af for living depressed and anxious for a long long time. I admire you for that.
Thank you, that's very kind. Welcome to SS by the way. :)

Reactions: JGT and ontheedge81
A_miStake_of_NATURE

A_miStake_of_NATURE

I wish no one had to CTB..........
Aug 14, 2020
If someone I've hurt very much pretty recently would forgive me and start talking to me again...

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: issyishere, Regen, ineverlearn and 3 others
E

EmptyManForever

My wings were cut and now I can fly no more!
Oct 3, 2020
Time travel and if I could change certain events of the past from happening ! That's what it would take for me to live...

• Love
Reactions: ineverlearn and A_miStake_of_NATURE
Donk

Donk

Useless since day 1
Jan 3, 2020
start my life from my 20s again with a new brain to boot.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: issyishere and A_miStake_of_NATURE
greyback330

greyback330

Student
Oct 20, 2020
Live in another country, have a humble job and place to live in.

• Aww..
Reactions: Wilbie8dog and Regen
Antigonish

Antigonish

Mage
Sep 19, 2020
Haha, thats funny considering I'm struggling to live with myself. You would have to make a completely different person. The irony is that you'd have to kill or erase this self to do that.

• Hugs
Reactions: A_miStake_of_NATURE, Noriv159, sleepypieforever and 1 other person
ineverlearn

ineverlearn

Dec 1, 2020
If someone I've hurt very much pretty recently would forgive me and start talking to me again...
Me too... Not so recently, it's been 9 months since they don't talk to me. And the hurting I've done started long before then.

I feel your pain and hope things work out for you.

• Hugs
Reactions: Regen and A_miStake_of_NATURE
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
No poverty, no ageing, and no diseases.

Also, my brain would need to be changed. When I see others accomplishing things it always dramatically worsens my mood because I can only focus on how I haven't accomplished whatever they have. This is no good for anyone, and I desperately want rid of this horrible tendency of mine. There are other personal traits that need to go as well.

Reactions: Gnip and demuic
OopsIdidntwanttodie

OopsIdidntwanttodie

Ctb by the 20th of December
Oct 11, 2020
the ability to go back and forward in time with no consequences or getting back together and having a healthy relationship with my ex

• Hugs
Reactions: SpinTop555, Gnip, ineverlearn and 2 others
Raminiki

Raminiki

Iustitia Mortuus
Jun 12, 2020
Complete amnesia and personality change. However, as I have genetic neuroanatomical and neurochemical differences, I don't think I could get a proper brain reboot.

Oh, and if the world could go back to tribal times before civilisation, world war, famine, climate crisis, wage slavery, exploitative industry, deepening inequality etc, that would be grand.

Even better if it could go back to the beginning of life and find something cooperative rather than competitive to evolve by, thereby eliminating the need for the selfish gene, endless cycles of fighting and killing each other, and suffering in infinite different nightmarish manifestations.

Last edited:
Reactions: PressEnterToExit and Regen
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
A time machine. Sadly, the main change I need to make would end up killing me anyway, but at least I'd be a whole person again. And I wouldn't be haunted by the mistakes.

Gromit-CTB

Gromit-CTB

time for ctb
Nov 14, 2020
To go back 1 year ago and keep my mouth shut.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: ineverlearn, newave3, Regen and 1 other person
Noriv159

Noriv159

Sigh.
Oct 22, 2020
Nothing realistic, really. But it wouldn't be so bad to have confidence in myself.

Reactions: A_miStake_of_NATURE
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Turning back time, and being a kid again. And not have to face some of the things I faced that made me the way I am now.

• Hugs
Reactions: Gnip, issyishere, Regen and 1 other person
newave3

newave3

I want out
Nov 21, 2020
Nothing...I am in my 60's and have suffered from depression and anxiety for over 40 years. Now I am in physical pain on top of it. I'm toast.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lastsauce, Regen and Gromit-CTB
R

Regen

I stay in my power
Aug 20, 2020
Love myself.

That would have completely (!) changed a lot of situations in my life. And that's it, my life is worse because of myself. Interesting question, thanks!

Reactions: A_miStake_of_NATURE, newave3 and Wilbie8dog
W

Wilbie8dog

Dec 11, 2020
I want to leave my family business without Feeling as if I'm betraying my parents and their livelihood. Im not capable of letting go of this deeply held belief, so leaving my body and this earth is the best solution for everyone. I get to leave, and they will be forced to find someone else to help keep them alive.

• Hugs
Reactions: Regen
Gerard de Nerval

Gerard de Nerval

Ontologist
Oct 5, 2020
There is just one impasse that renders life impossible to bear: the inability to love. If I can be really close to another person after my last partner, life would be tolerable.

• Hugs
Reactions: A_miStake_of_NATURE and ineverlearn
The.End

The.End

This too shall pass
May 18, 2019
Freedom - in every sense of the word. Also a purpose in life and finally happiness.

A_miStake_of_NATURE

A_miStake_of_NATURE

Aug 14, 2020
Me too... Not so recently, it's been 9 months since they don't talk to me. And the hurting I've done started long before then.

I feel your pain and hope things work out for you.
Thanx. But it's never gonna happen. Something tells me you know it from your own experience...

• Aww..
Reactions: ineverlearn
ineverlearn

ineverlearn

Dec 1, 2020
Thanx. But it's never gonna happen. Something tells me you know it from your own experience...
Yeah... I pretend it might, to keep myself from ending it all right now. But the reality is that it will never happen. In the next couple of weeks, that false hope will be stomped out too. I don't know where that's going to lead me to when that happens. With no hope, there's no point - it'll be time to put my final plan into action and be done with it.

• Hugs
Reactions: A_miStake_of_NATURE
B

Bigpink

Warlock
Oct 12, 2020
A lottery win, not even a huge one, just enough to subsist on in my own place. Lonely I can cope with

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
A time travel machine.

Reactions: SpinTop555
drwt

drwt

Dec 1, 2020
Someone to love, who loves me back and doesn't fucking hurt me for once.
That's it.
I'd work for the rest because things given for free won't make you happy very long.

A_miStake_of_NATURE

A_miStake_of_NATURE

Aug 14, 2020
Yeah... I pretend it might, to keep myself from ending it all right now. But the reality is that it will never happen. In the next couple of weeks, that false hope will be stomped out too. I don't know where that's going to lead me to when that happens. With no hope, there's no point - it'll be time to put my final plan into action and be done with it.
Is a it a friend or a family member or someone, let's just say, special? Sorry for prying...