UmbraDweller

UmbraDweller

༎ຶ⁠‿⁠༎ຶ
Sep 15, 2023
Ok so like, I got spawned into this weird conscious blob of flesh and blood without even asking for it, k thanks I guess? It got these sausages I can grab stuff with, and some more sticks I can use to move places, mechanisms causing it's own self various discomforts and pain to keep going. And the entire purpose of this bio machine is to take care of its own self to not die, because die is big nono for some reason, but, will die anyway inevitably. Yeah, as if that makes sense? But okay, maybe it's for a greater thing? With only milions of years of torture, suffering and cycles of eating each other the strongest meat pockets survive and can evolve into more advanced meats. Yay. But oh wait, the sun wil still destroy it all and everything will turn into nothing. Yeah so worth it. Is this a prank?

• Love
Reactions: bluebird16, leavingthesoultrap, forfever and 17 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Tortured by evil humans
Sep 24, 2020
The fact that this species even evolved in the first place is an abomination to me, I see it as the most terrible tragedy, more than anything I wish I never existed at all, it's horrible to me how humans actually choose to procreate, they are just creating so much meaningless suffering.

Reactions: jolow1, _Minsk, myusername890 and 2 others
S

Soitgoes.again

May 7, 2024
Even worse, out of all the millions of billions of sentient life we could have spawned us, why exactly are we in this specific consciousness in this specific body in this specific time? Homo erectus appeared 2 million years ago, and being born in every other time in this 2 million years would have been preferable because your mind had very few decisions to make "can I eat this? Will this eat me? Can I fuck this? Will this fuck me?" That's it. And if you suck at any of these, you won't have time to have an existential crisis, you'd already be dead.

The best sentient creature to be is probably being a bug.

Reactions: UmbraDweller and DeIetedUser4739
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Yeah OP. That synopsis pretty much nails it. I don't believe that life is inherently evil, though. I'm not a nihilist. I think life just is what it is. It happened. That's it. I don't believe life itself is out to "get" anybody. Now, I do believe that some people can be evil. Very evil in some cases. Nice post, btw.

Reactions: _Minsk and UmbraDweller
everythingoes

everythingoes

maybe someday
Oct 2, 2023
Parasites. We're parasites.

Reactions: _Minsk, divinemistress36, myusername890 and 1 other person
B

BardBarrie

Experienced
Mar 17, 2024
Ok so like, I got spawned into this weird conscious blob of flesh and blood without even asking for it, k thanks I guess? It got these sausages I can grab stuff with, and some more sticks I can use to move places, mechanisms causing it's own self various discomforts and pain to keep going. And the entire purpose of this bio machine is to take care of its own self to not die, because die is big nono for some reason, but, will die anyway inevitably. Yeah, as if that makes sense? But okay, maybe it's for a greater thing? With only milions of years of torture, suffering and cycles of eating each other the strongest meat pockets survive and can evolve into more advanced meats. Yay. But oh wait, the sun wil still destroy it all and everything will turn into nothing. Yeah so worth it. Is this a prank?

Even worse is that nature is just as much about killing said meat packets as it is about saving them: if we took away all modern comforts and technology and were left closer to the mercy of mother nature, millions — possibly billions — more would perish.

Then you have the bizarre "setting" that we're in: billions of stars, planets and other gigantic celestial objects circling around occasionally colliding and/or exploding — with our planet so far being the only one currently known to harbour life.

Earth could easily become devoid of life again like it once was, then what?
What's the point of the universe, especially if there's no one around to observe/participate in it?

Last edited:
Reactions: uzuf86, pthnrdnojvsc, myusername890 and 1 other person
UmbraDweller

UmbraDweller

༎ຶ⁠‿⁠༎ຶ
Sep 15, 2023
Even worse is that nature is just as much about killing said meat packets as it is about saving them: if we took away all modern comforts and technology and were left closer to the mercy of mother nature, millions — possibly billions — more would perish.

Then you have the bizarre "setting" that we're in: billions of stars, planets and other gigantic celestial objects circling around occasionally colliding and/or exploding — with our planet so far being the only one currently known to harbour life.

Earth could easily become devoid of life again like it once was, then what?
What's the point of the universe, especially if there's no one around to observe/participate in it?
Yeah it's so damn bizzare. Most of the universe has no life in it, earth aswell might be just an exceptional tragedy which shouldn't have happened and is nothing to be preserved. Thinking in big frame like this makes dying so much less big of a deal also. Death is natures daily bread and butter. Considering how giant and pointless this entire universe is, how tiny we are inside of it, all the countless creatures which already died from begining of this all, killing myself is equivalent of accidentally stepping on an ant. It doesn't matter and life is overvalued.

• Love
Reactions: uzuf86, bluebird16, pthnrdnojvsc and 3 others
cowboypants

cowboypants

Experienced
May 7, 2024
Se are aliens Ok so like, I got spawned into this weird conscious blob of flesh and blood without even asking for it, k thanks I guess? It got these sausages I can grab stuff with, and some more sticks I can use to move places, mechanisms causing it's own self various discomforts and pain to keep going. And the entire purpose of this bio machine is to take care of its own self to not die, because die is big nono for some reason, but, will die anyway inevitably. Yeah, as if that makes sense? But okay, maybe it's for a greater thing? With only milions of years of torture, suffering and cycles of eating each other the strongest meat pockets survive and can evolve into more advanced meats. Yay. But oh wait, the sun wil still destroy it all and everything will turn into nothing. Yeah so worth it. Is this a prank?
We are aliens 👽

• Yay!
Reactions: UmbraDweller
karmaisabitch

karmaisabitch

Mage
Mar 25, 2024
People think we're better than the animals or have better looks! They need to look at the mirror I think we scares animals lol 😂

Reactions: idk3, pthnrdnojvsc, myusername890 and 1 other person
UmbraDweller

UmbraDweller

༎ຶ⁠‿⁠༎ຶ
Sep 15, 2023
People think we're better than the animals or have better looks! They need to look at the mirror I think we scares animals lol 😂
So true lol. We are hideous furless monkeys with god complex.

• Yay!
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, karmaisabitch and DefinitelyReady
Gunfire

Gunfire

May 7, 2024
The fact that this species even evolved in the first place is an abomination to me, I see it as the most terrible tragedy, more than anything I wish I never existed at all, it's horrible to me how humans actually choose to procreate, they are just creating so much meaningless suffering.
Evolution has never been proven.

karmaisabitch

karmaisabitch

Mage
Mar 25, 2024
So true lol. We are hideous furless monkeys with god complex.
I know right? What piss me off when a big giant 400 bounds guy deliver pizza to my house but when he sees the small gorgous cat by the door he calls me to tell me that he scared from cats and if I can meet him half way..

prototypian

prototypian

May 6, 2024
We are insignificant. So insignificant that even worrying about what might matter doesn't matter. When we are gone we won't care. Whatever pharaoh bad a pyramid built that everyone sees and knows was his tomb; he doesn't care now. Whatever famous musician is remembered forever after they passed; he has no feeling on the legacy at all. A person passing after a life of good deeds and happiness; it's just a void of zero thoughts and zero reflection. Thoughts, pain, joy, introspection, guilt, shame, envy, anxiety, depression and more, they are all gone when a person stops their biological processes. The worry about the human race and whatever it is good for; that all stops too. Your thoughts will be gone. Maybe what your wrote here will remain but you won't care in a good or bad way. The peace is that you won't exist. There won't be any feeling or thoughts at all. No beginning or end. You will just be gone. Whether you die in a gutter or prison unremembered or die in the presence of a hundred family and friends, you won't care what happens next.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, divinemistress36 and UmbraDweller
T

thenamingofcats

annihilation anxiety
Apr 19, 2024
got these sausages I can grab stuff with
:pfff::pfff::pfff: idk this really did it for me.

But about the subject of your post, all that's necessary is the ability to reproduce successfully and this nightmare can continue indefinitely. It's weird how I'm starting to sound like an antinatalist lol.

• Yay!
Reactions: UmbraDweller
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
We do scare a lot of them, though I will say that other species of animals don't (or cannot) discriminate based on human standards for appearance, so I would much rather be perceived by say, a cat, than a human being.
At the very least they will think I'm as scary looking as the next person, not more so and they tend to react more based off of another creature's actions (or smell) versus appearance.
What's terrible is that humans still tend to discriminate against certain animals, via superficial standards.
We really are awful, and not just in this way.

Reactions: UmbraDweller and karmaisabitch
karmaisabitch

karmaisabitch

Mage
Mar 25, 2024
I agree with you! It's a crazy world we're livening in! I have roubi my dog and a beautiful orange hunter. I know my brother told me he loves them too so I know when I die he will take care of them I'm sure he will. As what you said I wish I was born an animal too

• Hugs
Reactions: divinemistress36, UmbraDweller and LastFlowers
fleetingnight

fleetingnight

incapable of shutting up
May 2, 2024
Honestly, what's the point of humanity, why make us live if it's going to be so miserable

Reactions: UmbraDweller, Arachno and pthnrdnojvsc