• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

U

Unending

-
Nov 5, 2022
As of the last few days, I've been feeling like I want to prioritize reaching a solid conclusion on a long term creative endeavor I'm in the midst of. Who knows what will happen or when but this is keeping me motivated to stick around a while longer. Besides that, my parents still weigh heavy in the equation but I may have already typed that in an earlier post here.

• Hugs
Reactions: krxbs
A

affinity

Oct 8, 2021
As of the last few days, I've been feeling like I want to prioritize reaching a solid conclusion on a long term creative endeavor I'm in the midst of. Who knows what will happen or when but this is keeping me motivated to stick around a while longer. Besides that, my parents still weigh heavy in the equation but I may have already typed that in an earlier post here.

What is it?

Henryk

Henryk

Tonight I'm gonna rest my chemistry
Apr 22, 2022
I think that I can still experience good things and maybe get back on top because if I had really ended my life in the first attempt I would have stopped meeting great people and things that made me happy

blackroseRM

blackroseRM

Jan 22, 2023
Quite literally, the only thing keeping me here is my cat. Every time I think "I really would like to CTB" and I even start to make a plan or think of methods, my cat is there, and I can't bear the thought of leaving her orphaned. I love her more than life itself, very, very literally.

Bitterman1996

Bitterman1996

Student
May 20, 2020
Still want to try and just can't/don't have enough conviction to actually kill myself. Even though years ago I set the 'deadline' to be this year if it didnt get any better.

S

Skullinthewoods

Consciousness is a Burden
Sep 13, 2022
Honestly, the methods seem too long and complicated and I'm not particularly organised or motivated.

If I could down some fent right now and be done with it, it would likely happen, but for now I'm stuck researching, learning and trying to buy equipment... all whilst being very slow and tired.

• Hugs
Comfydant

Comfydant

Jan 24, 2023
the fear of death and the even greater fear of pain are the main reasons why i haven't ctb yet, as well as a lack of access to methods and the fact that my mom is constantly sick because she doesn't have access to her medication, so if i die, there will be no one to take care of her or our dogs. ...then again, my mom is in her 60s and at risk of heart failure due to her high blood pressure and our dogs are both around 12–13 years old and very sick as well, so i guess that won't be an issue for much longer.

Last edited:
ephemerality

ephemerality

slipping into a dream
Jan 24, 2023
the fear of failure, and the fear that there's a possibility that things could get better eventually. i'd hate to just "throw everything away" if there's even the slightest possibility i could live a happy/fulfilling life so i'm holding out to see if my situation will improve or if i'm fighting a lost cause. i'm also attached to my own art, i dont want to leave before people have heard my songs/what i want to say.

krxbs

krxbs

a bleeding heart </3
Jan 24, 2023
several reasons. SI, people i love, lingering hope, and the wish to release all the songs i've written so far before i die. give the people i love something to remember me by, and express myself in one final way before i go. also, i guess, lack of practical resources. over the course of ~5 years, hanging, trains, burning & cutting didn't work because of my SI so i'm waiting on some SN, just to have in case the day comes.

i can relate to your message lots, @ephemerality. hope things turn out better for you, and you don't have to resort to ctb. best of luck <3

Dead Horse

Dead Horse

Hopeless, but literally
Nov 14, 2018
Even though I'm here, I don't plan to do it anytime soon, and probably never.
I'm here because I believe my life is ruined beyond repair and I also believe that it would be better for me to do it.
But I'm too afraid of death and also every time I imagine my mother's face after she would find out, it becomes an impossibility for me.
But also I have this stupid hope that things might get better, and as much as it doesn't make ANY sense at all, it's still there.

• Love
Reactions: ilovecats and krxbs
anyhowstars

anyhowstars

Jan 25, 2023
as much as kids stress me out, I'd really love to have a child of my own. to just be able to look at a newborn and be like "i'm the father, that is my baby". I know it will never happen but sometimes the thought makes me happy

ilovecats

ilovecats

Empty Husk
Feb 1, 2023
The gym. Without exercise I would've been dead since last June. My life is still in a free fall and I consider trying to cbt but the gym helps me stop thinking about life. I don't care if my parents or friends mourn my death, I will not be there to see them cry. I know it sounds narcissistic.
I'm here because I believe my life is ruined beyond repair and I also believe that it would be better for me to do it.
I feel the same. I'm overwhelmed by the amount of things I hate about myself. My appearance, my personality, my past, my capabilities. I have so many regrets and I feel like even if I try to "repair" my life step by step, even more problems will come and I would never be able to get back on track.

Last edited:
kimikatachibana

kimikatachibana

Feb 3, 2023
my boyfriend…i've devoted my life to him because he truly made me feel happy after dealing with chronic depression my whole life and childhood

zhongnanhai

zhongnanhai

typical cigarette enjoyer | he / they
Jan 22, 2023
my littlest sister. she's already 10 (they really do grow up fast) but because she's almost exactly 16 years younger than me, she's still practically a baby to me. my parents have five kids & even they agree that out of all of their children, she's almost supernaturally compassionate and sweet. never threw tantrums at stores or restaurants, never threw up on people as a baby, never screams when she doesn't get her way. she's a perfect little angel. we've always been extremely close because i drove her to school everyday and our birthdays are usually celebrated together as they're only a few days apart, she says i'm her favorite sibling and that means the world to me.

considering my suicidal thoughts stem from an abusive, traumatic childhood... i just can't do it. no matter how much i dream about taking my own life, no matter how much i plan and commit, there's always that fear that i'll traumatize her and destroy her life just like a random pedophile ruined mine. i know how easily childhood trauma can destroy a kid, how it sets them up for failure. i have to be strong because she doesn't deserve to come home from school to the news her big brother killed himself. i have to be selfless because i'be felt the pain that's inflicted when adults are selfish.

☆AwaitingEntropy☆

☆AwaitingEntropy☆

Snuffing the Light Out
Nov 6, 2021
Loved ones, mostly. I also want to get back into writing, so that too.

circuspeanut

circuspeanut

biggest clown
Jan 24, 2023
my boyfriend, dad, and fear
my dad has already been through so much trauma, but at the same time i feel like it would be a lot easier for him and my step mom if i did the deed

• Hugs
Yamada

Yamada

Planned Obsolescence
Feb 2, 2023
I know I wouldn't be around to care, but I wouldn't want to traumatize my family, friends or first responders.

• Hugs
nozomu

nozomu

Global Mod // will i wiN my recovery arc
Nov 28, 2022
I'm trying to live for my partner. We really love each other and I'm trying not to die too soon so I don't hurt them in my departure. But it's really hard on days like today to keep going. I feel a lot of pain.

• Hugs
gar3z

gar3z

Feb 4, 2023
my mom. I guess I am one of the very few things she has, and I don't want her to blame herself about it.

• Love
T

thrownaway_272

Jan 23, 2023
For me it's my mother. I've already attempted before and I saw how sad she was. Didn't know how much she loved me until after that.
for me its my cat at the moment, i hope she never has to know how much of a weight ive ended up putting on her again lately hoenstly

• Love
LateForTheBus

LateForTheBus

Experienced
Feb 7, 2023
I have 2 prior failed attempts, so I have to make very sure that the next means I try will be the one to work.

FieldsofLavender

FieldsofLavender

nightmare life, go away! nightmare life, go away!
Feb 7, 2023
My friends and the family that I live with. I really want to ctb, but I... I can't bring myself to traumatize them, my family might be toxic and have caused a lot of my pain, but I just never want to hurt people... They want me alive, so... I live. (╥﹏╥) sigh