• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

What kills you slowly every day?

• Smoking 🚬

Votes: 25 15.9%
  • Drugs 🥦

Votes: 14 8.9%
  • Medicine 💊

Votes: 22 14.0%
  • thoughts 💭

Votes: 118 75.2%
  • nothing UwU

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • other (comment)

Votes: 43 27.4%

• Total voters
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
Yes, they do - but they can remove entropy from themselves. The system state is defined rather by differential entropy.
In open systems, entropy can decrease locally, but the overall entropy of the system and its surroundings must increase or remain constant in accordance with the second law of thermodynamics. This means that while a localized decrease in entropy may occur within the system, the overall entropy of the system and its surroundings will increase or remain the same. For example, living organisms are open systems that can temporarily decrease their own entropy by consuming energy from their surroundings and utilizing it to maintain their internal organization and function. However, this decrease in entropy is offset by an increase in entropy in the surroundings, such as the release of waste heat or metabolic byproducts, resulting in an overall increase in entropy in the universe. So, while open systems can locally decrease entropy, the second law of thermodynamics dictates that the total entropy of the system and its surroundings must either increase or remain constant over time.

In some contexts, especially in statistical mechanics and information theory, the system state can indeed be described by the concept of differential entropy. Differential entropy is a measure of uncertainty or randomness in a continuous probability distribution. It quantifies the amount of information or entropy contained in a continuous random variable. Unlike the Shannon entropy, which is used for discrete probability distributions, differential entropy deals with continuous probability distributions. It provides a measure of uncertainty per unit interval and is defined as the integral of the probability density function (PDF) multiplied by the logarithm of the reciprocal of the PDF.In systems where the variables are continuous and described by probability distributions, such as in statistical physics or information theory, differential entropy can be a useful tool for characterizing the system state and understanding its behavior over time. However, it's important to note that differential entropy has different properties and interpretations compared to entropy in the thermodynamic sense, which deals with the macroscopic properties of systems.

NSA

NSA

Your friendly neighborhood agent
Feb 21, 2022
Money problems and idiot family members who I have to constantly bail out of trouble in order to save my own skin because I can't afford to live alone.

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
HollowDrop

HollowDrop

ah
Oct 4, 2023
My own mind and alcohol (albeit not every day of course). My alcohol consumption has become so bad as a coping mechanism my bank account is crying for me to stop but I can't.

Whiston72

Whiston72

Jan 6, 2024
I think what is killing me is the sheer loneliness of life on top of the lonely decades that preceded it. Wanting human companionship but other people finding me weird or strange when I seem to think to myself that what I am saying is a perfectly normal thing to say.

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Can this be the end? Is this the way I die?
Apr 17, 2023
My thoughts, internet addiction, SS addiction, and escapist tendencies. I don't want to face reality. I wish I could live in my dreams forever. Also, the demands of life are killing me. Life itself is too much for me. Time and entropy are slowly killing me
What other sites do you go to? I'm sorry you're suffering 🥺

Reactions: sserafim
xoirse

xoirse

caffeine overdose
Feb 15, 2024
it's mostly my thoughts and how i feel about life overall is treating me that's eating me up. it's the way i respond with constant overthinking about all the stimuli around me. the demands of life have been so overwhelming for me to handle and i hate everything about it, not just how it makes me feel. i am basically rotting alive at this point.

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Can this be the end? Is this the way I die?
Apr 17, 2023
Wikipedia, Google, Reddit (lurk), etc. Wbu?
I go on Reddit too but I don't post lol
I go on yahoo news and read the comments haha
I go on movie/tv sites, Google stuff. YouTube shorts and scroll endlessly until my battery dies lol

T

ThatStateOfMind

Elementalist
Nov 13, 2021
There's a few. Stress, loneliness, and probably my poor diet tbh lol. Although I work out, I don't think it is enough to counteract my diet, I feel like I eat out too much/don't eat enough vegetables.

DEATH IS FREEDOM

DEATH IS FREEDOM

Death is the solution to unsolvable problems.
Sep 13, 2023
Time kills me slowly every day. Time ruins everything.

pilotviolin

pilotviolin

Student
Jan 27, 2024
philosophy and as death is freedom says, time, and everything else will follow.

C

calebzz1

Jan 6, 2024
I think it's knowing that I might have visual impairment for the rest of my life because of one decision that I made to get LASIK eye surgery.

I had no idea it would get this bad and I don't know what to do.

Attachments

• Intermittent ghosting.webp
    60.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Ghosting example with person.png
    Ghosting example with person.png
    195.3 KB · Views: 0
bookgirl

bookgirl

𝐉𝐮𝐥𝐲
Mar 31, 2024
My borderline is slowly killing me every day

WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

DoNotBoopTheSnoot
Dec 25, 2020
Being gaslit by my mom. Narcissistic parents suck.