• Love
Reactions: LastFlowers, bijou and Dead Ghost
Dead Ghost

Dead Ghost

Mestre del Temps
May 6, 2022
f92ed2dc57d18611e017bb627cf012bf.jpg

Harvey (1950)
Today I finished watching this film starring James Stewart released in 1950. It is a good review sweetened by a pleasant and funny comedy where the prejudices against mental health by family members and society in general, as well as abuse of the mental health centers, they were already well present at that time.
But like many films of that era, it ends up falsifying reality to enjoy a beautiful ending. I guess Joaquin Phoenix's Joker is more realistic, although sometimes I prefer movies like 'Harvey', especially if you suffer from anxiety, this one won't bother you.

//

Avuí he acabat de veure aquesta película protagonitzada per en James Stewart estrenada l'any 1950. És una bona crítica endolçada per una agradable i divertida comédia on els prejudicis contra la salut mental per part de familiars i la societat en general, així com els abusos dels centres de salut mental, ja hi eren ben presents en aquella época.
Però com moltes películes d'aquella época acaba falsejant la realitat per gaudir d'un bónic final. Suposo que més realista és el Joker de Joaquin Phoenix, tot i que de vegades prefereixo més les películes com 'Harvey', sobretot si pateixes d'ansietat, aquesta no t'en farà pas.

bijou

bijou

meow meow meow
Jan 23, 2023
just watched frances ha yesterday, very fun film. the writing style and editing make the film incredibly naturalistic.
i see a lot of myself in frances...her awkwardness is like looking in a mirror. i just wish i had a best friend as she does.

• Yay!
Reactions: Dead Ghost
movinout17

movinout17

Student
Feb 2, 2023
Finished Better Call Saul during my last depressive episode. My Head not think good, so all I can say is the show is good. Others will say it's really good, on par with breaking bad.

• Yay!
Reactions: Jonbonesjones and Dead Ghost
TCotton

TCotton

Feb 1, 2023
aftersun
have you seen it? there was silence in the cinema as the credits rolled

Reactions: Temporal_Anchorite and Dead Ghost
Dead Ghost

Dead Ghost

Mestre del Temps
May 6, 2022
aftersun
It's this ?
Aftersun_2022.jpg

I haven't seen it yet, but I'll make a note of it.
//
No l'he vist pas, però me l'apunto.

Reactions: Temporal_Anchorite
TCotton

TCotton

Feb 1, 2023
It's this ?
Aftersun_2022.jpg

I haven't seen it yet, but I'll make a note of it.
//
No l'he vist pas, però me l'apunto.
yes that's it. it's a low budget independent film, but it really gets under the skin of a doomed father / daughter relationship
I have never seen that reaction in the cinema before. it left the cine goers unable to move or talk for minutes afterwards. (my advice is don't read any reviews before you watch it. I made that mistake and partially knew the storyline)

Reactions: Temporal_Anchorite, FinalDestination, TapeMachine and 1 other person
TapeMachine

TapeMachine

perpetually confused
Jan 12, 2023
yes that's it. it's a low budget independent film, but it really gets under the skin of a doomed father / daughter relationship
I have never seen that reaction in the cinema before. it left the cine goers unable to move or talk for minutes afterwards. (my advice is don't read any reviews before you watch it. I made that mistake and partially knew the storyline)
This seems like something I'd enjoy. I just looked up info for this movie & found it for rent on a few streaming platforms. 😀 Maybe I'll have a movie date with myself in a few mins! ❤

Last movie I watched: Creep 2. Loved it as much as the first movie!

Reactions: Sweet Tart and Dead Ghost
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
aftersun
I did not think it was this masterpiece that people made it out to be..at all.
But it wasn't bad as far as directorial navel-gazing goes.

I liked the palpable discomfort of the Karaoke scene.
Last movie I finished was wristcutters. It was really cute. I saw it posted here I think.

I recently started Westworld which is a fun watch for layered meaning. I might watch Euphoria because I think Zendaya's acting is really good and I'm paying for hbo anyway.
Sorry but I cannot stand Euphoria.
If I didn't want to kill myself already, being forced to continue that show might make me float the idea anyway.

First season of West World is very good.
Had to cherry pick what was good of the second season.
The rest, I didn't bother with.

Last edited:
Z

Zelonis

Jan 22, 2023

valkyrie

valkyrie

Feb 11, 2023
"Better than us"
It's this russian series about robots, I found it on netflix
It was okay
I wish bots like that were a reality.

Reactions: Dead Ghost and JusTired
TransMagical

TransMagical

Volo ergo sum
Feb 10, 2023
The new avatar movie. Rlly good

J

JusTired

Feb 8, 2019
The Glory
Servant
911 Lonestar
Junji Ito Maniac

Dead Ghost

Dead Ghost

Mestre del Temps
May 6, 2022
ralph-breaks-the-internet-poster-6.jpg

Ralph Breaks the Internet (Disney 2018)

I saw it yesterday and I didn't expect it to be so funny since I didn't like the first one very much. I find the dialogues, sometimes, witty and there are "gags" that amuse me a lot.
It helped lower my anxiety.

//

La vaig veure ahir i no m'esperava pas que fos tan divertida ja que la primera no em va agradar gaire. Els diàlegs els trobo, de vegades, enginyosos i hi han "gags" que em fan molta gràcia.
Em va ajudar a rebaixar l'ansietat.

S

ShadowsFall

Lost and forgotten
Jul 15, 2021
Last movie I watched was Lokis (1970). Last series I watched was Stranger Things season 4, after rewatching season 1-3.

Lokis 1970 Polish release poster

Last edited:
L

longingtogo

Feb 13, 2023
Crazy Rich Asians

thx1138

thx1138

Student
Jun 28, 2019
THX 1138, George Lucas' first film.

When I have to take my meds every morning, it feels like this :))

Rogue Proxy

Rogue Proxy

Enlightened
Sep 12, 2021
Krysar (The Pied Piper)
OIP

Square251

Square251

Mar 19, 2023
Puss in boots: the last wish

Literally one of the best animated movies I've seen in the last decade. Brings me back to when kids movies could still be enjoyed by adults and can be just as good as more serious movies. I loved it.

Sparr0w

Sparr0w

please feed my pfp crumbs they are begging u
Jan 24, 2023
....this is a manga but its got an anime so shhhh just pretend im watching the anime.

rereading / reading my hero academia.

i always wish they kept deku quirkless, the instant he got a quirk it went from "anyone can be a hero if they just try!" to "if you were born with a disability, you can never become anything. if you became disabled later in life... you're worthless now lol".

the series gives itself so many chances to redeem itself. mirio loses his quirk and nighteye tells him that his future-vision says he'll become a great hero... and then mirio takes a break from training to be a hero and says "don't worry! eri might be able to rewind time to get my quirk back, and if she can't, the doctors will find a way to get me back to normal!"

he fought overhaul for 10 minutes quirkless. nighteyes power could only be used once a day. eraserheads power is to erase other people's powers, but he fights quirkless. hakagekure is invisble, her strength is her own. mt lady can't use her power in the city where she works. there is NO REASON for mirio not to be a quirkless hero.

but instead, if you feel like you're missing something compared to other people, the message is that you might be able to help from the sidelines, but never the front. your only hope is, as bakugou says, to "hope that you have a quirk in your next life".

....eh, maybe they'll put something into the next 100-odd chapters i've got left to read. at least tiger is canonically trans.

Blue_mist

Blue_mist

Mortal
Apr 14, 2021

Usually i can't watch movies cause i lose my concentration very fast but this one got all my attention
The branchees of Inisherin

Reactions: Temporal_Anchorite and Dead Ghost
H

H.O.Xan

Experienced
Feb 1, 2023
BB and BCS, God tier stuff. Characters are so relatable in an odd way

Reactions: TapeMachine and Dead Ghost
Ruma

Ruma

Experienced
Dec 26, 2021
The last movie I watched was Dying Young,starring Julia roberts. It's an old film,from the 90s,and brilliant! I recommend it. As for tv shows,I really couldn't remember the last I watched,I don't watch the tv that often.

Hikikomori1

Hikikomori1

Experienced
Mar 27, 2023
Wednesday Addams, (2022) :heart:

TransilvanianHunger

TransilvanianHunger

Grave with a view...
Jan 22, 2023
The X-Files. I'm not really into movies, so I can't remember the last one I watched. It might have been Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot!
The world forgetting, by the world forgot.
Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind!
Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd …

Elidibus

Elidibus

Riding home
Mar 27, 2023
Why Women Kill, season 1.
Absolutely loved it, it's the first series in a loooong time that has kept me entertained throughout. And I may have fallen a bit for Lucy Liu's character. Pretty hyped to watch season 2 as it has one of my all time favourite actresses, Lana Parrilla. Will give it a few days before starting though for my attention span to recover. No matter how good of a show, if I binge too much, my mind just can't focus at all.