J

jandek

Down in a Mirror
Feb 19, 2022
As for me, I did a drunk viewing of Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. As I was a child when I last saw this movie, much of it just flat-out didn't make sense before, including the suicide at the end of the movie, which I had completely forgotten. Though the suicide is still tragic, it hits very differently than most depictions I have seen in film. For all the movie's flaws, I think it is worth seeing, so I can't explain this without spoiling the movie's major themes.
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon is a guilty pleasure of mine, although my memory of it is a little fuzzy now... It'd be fun to rewatch.

Reactions: Sweet Tart, Rocinante, Celerity and 2 others
A

AdaSmiles

Nov 9, 2022
White Lotus season 2. Great series!

Reactions: Sweet Tart, Rocinante, Dead Ghost and 1 other person
ð–£´ nadia ð–£´

ð–£´ nadia ð–£´

...member...
Dec 15, 2021
Just finished the series Parfum (2018), a German thriller inspired by Patrick Süskind's international bestseller "Perfume: The Story of a Murderer."

10e80750 362f 4bb9 b6f3 0d6a56f250a8

Reactions: Rocinante, Dead Ghost and leeloosnow
Domimi

Domimi

End of all hope
Apr 20, 2020
Finished Dahmer some days ago. It was very disturbing to me because a saw myself in the protagonist a lot.

Reactions: Rocinante, Temporal_Anchorite, Dead Ghost and 1 other person
Rogue Proxy

Rogue Proxy

Enlightened
Sep 12, 2021
This evening, I finished watching the series The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance.
RG6bC26xi10i8Mx0ZTyJ7nBkeWv

And on Thanksgiving, I watched my favorite Jim Henson film The Dark Crystal.

Reactions: Rocinante, leeloosnow and Dead Ghost
StillBreathing

StillBreathing

Student
Dec 4, 2022
Recently watched all the Saw, and Final Destination movies. Death is truly just another part of life, hopefully most of us will get to decide when and how ourselves.

Reactions: Sweet Tart, Rocinante and Dead Ghost
ð–£´ nadia ð–£´

ð–£´ nadia ð–£´

...member...
Dec 15, 2021
Currently watching Sherwood, inspired by the murder of trade unionist Keith Frogson in a Nottinghamshire mining village in 2004. The investigation of two deaths at the time brings the trauma of the miners' strike of the 1980's back to the foreground, and it shows how the effects of the strike and employment of undercover police are still impacting the community.

91XWRAkiUQL RI

Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: Rocinante, Chinaski and Dead Ghost
O

outatime_85

Warlock
May 17, 2022
Ip Man (film series)

Reactions: Sweet Tart, Rocinante and Disappointered
Silent.Tears

Silent.Tears

Experienced
Nov 5, 2021
I watched the movie "Smile". I think it was pretty good.
Barbarian.
I watched that one as well. It was creepy.

• Love
Reactions: Sweet Tart, Rocinante and Temporal_Anchorite
Dead Ghost

Dead Ghost

Mestre del Temps
May 6, 2022
SeehowtheyrunPostermainimgbig599b.jpg

She How They Run

I saw this movie a couple of days ago and I really liked it. It's quite funny and the plot is engaging, maybe it lacks a bit more daring but then it would be a film with a quite different tone and I already like the way it is.
I think there is some rather bloody scene (but since I closed my eyes I don't know for sure).

//

Vaig veure aquesta pel·lícula fa un parell de dies i em va agradar força. És bastant entretinguda i la trama enganxa, potser li falta un punt mes d'agosarament pero llavors sería una pel·lícula amb un tò força diferent i ja m'agrada com és.
Crec que hi ha alguna escena bastant sanguinolenta (pero como que vaig tancar els ulls no ho se pas del cert).

Reactions: Rocinante
U

Unending

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2022
The last proper movie that I watched was Terrifier 2. It was a silly over the top horror film and I'd probably watch it again if the mood was right.

Next, I want to take a dive back into either French or Japanese cinema, particularly horror.

• Love
Reactions: Sweet Tart, Rocinante and Temporal_Anchorite
Temporal_Anchorite

Temporal_Anchorite

wanting outta this bitch
Sep 23, 2022
The last proper movie that I watched was Terrifier 2. It was a silly over the top horror film and I'd probably watch it again if the mood was right.

Yeah, it was pretty silly and the runtime was incredibly bloated with very little payoff (I didn't realize it was over two hours until afterwards lol), but I found the synth score & soundtrack to be really enjoyable.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Sweet Tart, Rocinante and Unending
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
True Detective. Started out strong and stayed strong until the last episode or two. Still good enough to say that it's one of my favorites. Worth watching just for Matthew McConaughey's performance alone.

Reactions: Rocinante and Dead Ghost
M

matthew00057

Dec 15, 2022
Watching Elvis over and over again for the past couple wks

Reactions: Rocinante
Nightbird

Nightbird

Sep 14, 2022
An American Werewolf in London (1981)
299D3BA7 34BB 4BAA 9C3A F3EDFDF7CA2F

• Wow
Reactions: Sweet Tart, Rocinante, anxious_depressive and 1 other person
BruhXDDDDD

BruhXDDDDD

Student
Feb 18, 2022
Enjoyed watching Eraserhead much more than I expected to. It's such an intentionally painful and dull watching experience that it loops all the way around to being good.

Reactions: Temporal_Anchorite and Rocinante
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
True Detective. Started out strong and stayed strong until the last episode or two. Still good enough to say that it's one of my favorites. Worth watching just for Matthew McConaughey's performance alone.
I also remember being a little let down by the ending back when it came out.

Reactions: Rocinante and Celerity
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
I also remember being a little let down by the ending back when it came out.
I feel that it was rushed, and I didn't find Rust's transformation into a newfound optimist very believable. If his arc was meant to be a repudiation of his original philosophy (nearly quoting Peter Wessel Zapffe word-for-word), it wasn't a convincing one.

Reactions: Rocinante and WhiteRabbit
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Buffy The Vampire Slayer (series) - currently watching

• Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: Sweet Tart, Rocinante and Dead Ghost
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
The last movies I watched were the Grapes of Wrath, of Mice and Men, and Fargo. The last series I watched was probably Game of Thrones. I was late to the party and don't normally have the stamina for a multi-season show, but it was pretty good (albeit a little complex for my level of brain fog). I started House of the Dragon shortly after but couldn't get into it.

Reactions: Rocinante, rationaltake and Dead Ghost
Minibosterita

Minibosterita

Just trying to fill the void
Mar 9, 2021
The last series The Morning Show

C

C'estlamort

Feb 3, 2019
Footprints on the Moon (1975), a weird psychedelic movie

rationaltake

rationaltake

I'm rocking it - in another universe
Sep 28, 2021
The last movies I watched were the Grapes of Wrath, of Mice and Men, and Fargo. The last series I watched was probably Game of Thrones. I was late to the party and don't normally have the stamina for a multi-season show, but it was pretty good (albeit a little complex for my level of brain fog). I started House of the Dragon shortly after but couldn't get into it.
I've just watched Game of Thrones for the first time. I think it was pretty good too. I thought the direwolves would play a bigger part. And Ser Pounce deserved more of a part. Bran becoming king was a good twist. I wonder what Drogon did with Daenerys? Lightly toasted her and snapped her up as a tea-time snack?

Last edited:
hamvil

hamvil

Wizard
Aug 29, 2022
I second season of Alice in borderland... very disappointed by the last episode that went full Evangelion (ep25/26).

Dead Ghost

Dead Ghost

Mestre del Temps
May 6, 2022
metrocomplte.jpg

Metropolis (Fritz Lang - 1927)

I finished watching it last week and I really enjoyed it, as it was very spectacular and the plot really hooked me. It's the most complete version out there, they've added some extra bits of footage (you can tell because they're either framed differently or have a worse image quality as the copy is in pretty bad shape).

//

La vaig acabar de veure la setmana passada i la vaig gaudir molt, ja que era molt espectacular i la trama em va enganxar molt. És la versió més completa que hi ha, han afegit alguns troços de metratge adicionals (es nota perquè o bé tenen un enquadrament diferent o tene una pitjor qualitat d'imatge al estar la còpia en força mal estat).

• Love
Reactions: Sweet Tart, thx1138, Rocinante and 1 other person
bijou

bijou

meow meow meow
Jan 23, 2023
i watched everything, everywhere all at once finally. i cried, lives up to the hype imo

Reactions: Celerity, kallemi, Rocinante and 1 other person